While Isa knew he'd be getting himself into a lot by leaving his home of the Firekin, he didn't expect just how long he'd be walking without seeing one single lion. He'd seen plenty of other creatures in his time in the rogue lands - almost a full cycle of the moon now - but still he hadn't smelled, seen, nor heard another lion. It was starting to get discouraging, really. Isa thrived off companionship and while the passing cheetah or leopard made for interesting conversation as he'd never met one before in his life, he was really starving for some interactions with his own kind.

That was why when the wind shifted and he caught the scent of a lioness not far off Isa practically sobbed with relief. She wasn't in sight yet but he directed his paws to where the wind was telling him to go and in a short time thereafter he spotted her. It seemed she had known he was in the area as well, as the moment he spotted her she seemed to notice him as well. It made sense considering the wind had shifted from blowing in one steady direct to the exact opposite. She'd probably known about him for quite some time now.

Still, his approach didn't seem to deter her which was a relief. In fact, once they got close enough to distinguish each other's features, he could tell she was smiling. Wasn't that an odd sight?

"Hello," she called out once they were a bit closer, her tone of voice just as pleasant as her appearance. Isa had to admit it was odd to see someone with color other than red, orange, or yellow but he'd be lying if he said she wasn't pleasing to the eyes.

"Hello," he returned, trying to keep the eagerness out of his voice. "You'll have to forgive me, you're the first lion I've seen in weeks. I mean you no harm." He only said that because he knew Firekin - ex or otherwise - had a reputation of being headstrong and rough. While he'd admit he was headstrong, he wasn't here to fight or try to take anything from her. He was just glad for the company!

A warm chuckle left the lioness, her tail swishing in amusement behind her. "You are forgiven, fear not. The rogue lands can certainly be isolating at times." It was clear from the way she was looking at him that she had questions, so Isa decided to simply give her some of the answers she was probably looking for. He was that desperate for conversation.

"I'm Isa," he said, giving her a smile of his own. "I'm from- well. Was from the Motoujamii. I suppose I'm a rogue now." That was still odd to hear.

"The Firekin, yes, I assumed you were," the lioness said with a hum. "I'm familiar with your kind, Isa. Although I must say I'm a bit surprised to see you here considering you don't bear the colors of one that wasn't allowed to stay."

Isa was honestly a bit surprised that this lioness knew about Huria and the laws of the Firekin, though he supposed all the Huria that left would go out into the world and inform other prides and rogues who there were, where they'd come from, and why.

"That- you're correct," he said, stumbling over his words a bit. It was novel and a delight to be in the presence of someone who wasn't looking to scuffle but who was willing to have an intelligent conversation...and here he was acting like a fool! Buck up, Isa, you can do this.

"I left on my own volition," he went on, trying to gain his footing again. "I'm sure you know the Motoujamii are known for their strength and battle prowess. I prefer pursuits of the more intellectual persuasion. I've spent a few years thinking about it and decided my path continued away from the pride. So here I am, hoping to find a new place to call home. Although I admit, I wasn't expecting this part of the journey to be so long!" he admitted with a weak laugh. The lioness smiled in return, her gaze kind and understanding.

"Well, Isa, you may just be in luck. I hail from a pride call the Tianxia and there have been more than one Firekin to make themselves at home there. Huria or otherwise. You may find yourself welcome there as well."

"Tianxia?" Isa echoed, wracking his brain for any information he had on the pride. He felt as though he'd heard it in passing before but didn't have any solid memories. "Hm...it's worth looking into if some of my former pridemates consider it a worthy home," he hummed.

"Most find themselves within the fighting ranks," the lioness added. "But there are ranks there that value the mind and intellectual pursuits, as you said. I'm heading out from there myself, but I can give you directions back."

"Oh...are you leaving?" Isa asked, tilting his head with a furrowed brow. That drew a soft laugh from the lioness, though it was clear she wasn't making fun of Isa's question.

"Oh no, my rank involves leaving the pride to visit other places, meet new creatures, tell them about our pride or strengthen the ties that we already have with them. I've been home for quite some time and decided it was time to head out again to reconnect with some of my regulars."

"Ah...an ambassador," Isa said with an understanding tone. Darn...he had hoped she'd show him to the pride herself. It seemed he was in for another journey on his own. From the sound of it though, once he got there he'd have plenty of other lions to talk to. Maybe even some ex-Firekin like himself!

"I would appreciate that..." He trailed off, hopeful that she'd finally give him her name. She seemed to recognize what he was looking for and with all the grace and dignity a lioness could possibly possess, she bowed her head very slightly as she spoke.

"Ahadi. Though should we meet again in the Tianxia, you may call me Hu Daiyu. You will find that if you decide to make the Tianxia your home, you will have to pick a new name for yourself."

"Oh...that's interesting," Isa said with wide eyes. A new name for himself? That was strangely exciting.

"You'll keep Isa," Ahadi said with a chuckle. "So you'll technically have two names. But the other name is what most others will call you by within the pride."

"I see. How interesting," Isa said, already excited to find this pride and see if it was a fit for him. "I'd be most thankful if you told me how to find this place. Tianxia, was it?" He didn't want to mispronounce it. The sounds were a bit strange on this tongue. Ahadi agreed and drew out a map in the dirt for him to memorize which he did. He asked a few questions and before long the two parted, Ahadi continuing on the way she'd been heading, Isa turning so the window as at his shoulder rather than his head. He took a look back to watch Ahadi for a moment before pressing on, eager to reach his new potential home.