Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Harper Flat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:47 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxH ᴀ ʀ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ xxxF ʟ ᴀ ᴛxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxᴄ ᴀ ʀ ᴅ ɪ ғ ғ , W A L E Sxxx

User Image
User Image

Nestled in an older apartment building on the edge of Cardiff, Eden and Callie Harper live in flat 302. Neither particularly enjoys the trek up the stairs, but it's a nice, affordable home. Their flat is a little cluttered and cozy, but it has plenty of room for them. They chose Cardiff since it is central to Callie's job at the Planetarium just outside of town, as well as Eden's grandparents, who live in the city center.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:53 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxW ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ x A ʀ ᴇ x W ᴇ ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxEᴅᴇɴ Rʜʏs Hᴀʀᴘᴇʀxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Sᴛ. Mᴜɴɢᴏ's Hᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ Hᴏᴍᴇ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxCᴀʟʟɪᴏᴘᴇ Aɴᴊᴀ Hᴀʀᴘᴇʀ {ɴᴇᴇ. Wʜɪᴛᴇᴛʜᴏʀɴᴇ}xxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Pʟᴀɴᴇᴛᴀʀɪᴡᴍ Wᴀʟᴇs || Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:08 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ No Floo - The flat doesn't have a fireplace

⟹ Wifi: HarperHome Password: StarryKnights

⟹ The flat must be kept muggle friendly, please phone (or text) ahead before apparating

⟹ There is a good chance the lights will be out, please be cautious opening curtains on sunny days

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

Corporal Feathers - Eden's Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home - Persephone's Room
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Dearest Knight
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sock Struggles
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope this particular journey is near to an end

As Callie shuffled through the flat, her breathing heavy, she could only remind herself that it would be soon. Soon they would have their little girl in hand, someone to cuddle and love. Currently, however, she had a baby pressing on her bladder and a foot kicking her lungs. How could someone so tiny be so strong? The blonde stopped and leaned against a wall, trying to catch her breath for a moment before resuming her walk. After several long minutes, Callie made it to the bedroom and grabbed the object of her desire - warm socks.

Sitting on the bed, Callie... realized that there was no way for her to reach her feet. Well, darn. Huffing out a heavy exhale, Callie knew the next step would be to find Eden. But first.... she had to stand back up off the bed. Good gracious being pregnant was exhausting. After a few moments, she managed to push herself onto unsteady feet, Callie wobbled into their nursery, where Eden had gone shortly after work. "Eden, love, you must be exhausted. You can go to bed, I'll be alright. First though... do you think perhaps you can assist me in putting on socks? I feel rather round, and cannot quite reach my feet."

She let out a soft, twinkly laugh, carefully lowering herself into the rocking chair Eden had saved up to get for her. As soon as she sat, the blonde exhaled hard, soft pain twinging up through her body. Quickly as it had come, it was over, and she sent Eden a smile to try and convey that she was alright. Eden, bless him, tended to be panicky about the baby, and Callie was quite grateful. A small hand rested upon her belly, feeling the kicks gradually move to the warmer location.

{{Wearing :: Cozy at Home}}
          addaellis

Come just as you are to me, don't need apologies, know that you are worthy
          I'll take your bad days with your good. Walk through the storm, I would
          I do it all because I love you, I love you. Unconditional, unconditionally!
          There is no fear now, let go and just be free, and I will love you unconditionally
          So open up your heart and just let it begin!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:15 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

21 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Mediwizard

Ever since Eden had gotten home from his last 24 hour shift, he had been at work in the nursery. Painting had taken longer than expected, and then Eden had been very exhausted from work over the last few weeks. Yet he still insisted on doing this by himself. Not to mention that he had his official review at the end of the month so he wanted to stuff in as many extra hours as he legally could. There was no doubt would be hired on as a full time mediwizard. But the pay jump and hours depended on how he scored on his reviews. They could mean the difference between being able to move in a year or 10. It was one of the reasons he hadn’t already taken the next few months off for paternity leave. He was exhausted. But according to Eden, a cup of caffeine would help him finish unpacking and placing everything before a last dusting.

All the materials were accounted for at least– they had all the bigger items delivered, all the supplies had been purchased just not shelved, and their family and friends had surprised them with a wonderful collection of toys, clothes, and blankets. It had taken a few days to build the dresser, but finally Eden had just used magic to help hold everything in place and charmed a hammer and screwdriver.

Callie shuffled into the nursery and Eden jumped up from where he had been adjusting the rug. “Sit, Sit! You need to rest,” Eden insisted, moving boxes and wrapping paper away so his very pregnant wife could sit. He held the rocking chair steady until she had settled then accepted the warm socks. “Nonsense, I have tomorrow off and this room needs a lot more work. Persephone is due any day now and everything needs to be perfect.”

He slipped the socked over her feet and disappeared for a moment to get a mug of hot chocolate from the pitcher in the kitchen.

“Are you okay?” he asked worriedly when he returned to Callie wincing. She flashed him a reassuring smile and he settled for tucking a warm starry blanket over her legs and handing her the mug.

“Rest, rest, I’ve got this,” he insisted. “I just need to sort everything out. We have towels and blankets still mixed up with the baby clothes, and some of these clothes won’t be usable until she’s nearly 2.”

setting Home, August 2058 || with Callie, my lovely starflower
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing loose linen shirt and pants
status WhY is there STILL so much to DOOOOOO???

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sock Struggles

Callie had been missing Eden quite a bit lately, but hopefully once his big job review came up, he'd be able to just relax a bit more. It didn't help that his stress was everywhere, causing everyone a little extra worry. It didn't help that her hormones still hadn't seemed to even out, and she felt a little crazy in the head all the time. Walking into the nursery, the blonde watched her husband a moment, wondering how he was handling things.

Eden practically sprung to his feet, clearing out her path and removing everything from the rocking chair so she could rest for a moment. "Eden, dear love, you don't need to worry so much. I'll be alright, even if I'm a little extra slow." She carefully sat with Eden's help, then she watched as he got up to move again. He tucked her feet into her warm socks, noting that their little Persephone would be there any day, so he had to make sure the place was perfect.

He ran off before she could speak, returning with a mug and asking if she was okay. "Yes, dear knight. I will be alright. Persephone is sitting low, causing my center to shift about." Eden covered her legs with a blanket, then offered a mug of hot chocolate. He quickly insisted he had control of the situation, discussing everything that still needed to be sorted. "Dear love, it will be okay. For the first few weeks at least, our dear star will be sharing our room in the little cradle. And we have plenty of towels already sorted and laundered. Everything will be just fine."

Callie took a sip of the cocoa, sighing softly as she tried to readjust. Hopefully her moves were subtle enough to fly under Eden's radar. Then again, he seemed to notice everything. Reaching out, she took Eden by the hand and gently kissed his fingers before pressing his hand to her belly where Persephone had decided to try out a tap routine. "She is excited to meet you. Be calm, both of my loves. All will work out beautifully together."

addaellis

There is no fear now, let go and just be free, and I will love you unconditionally

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:18 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Callie insisted she was okay, and repeated for him to relax. She reassured Eden she was just a bit slow– he couldn’t imagine. Callie was huge. He had always felt like she was a delicate, petite flower, and it had taken quite a few years of dueling together for him to finally relax and go all out. Now he was back to being overprotective and extra gentle– especially as she grew. The bump was like a balloon and he was always afraid that if he so much as looked at it wrong, she would deflate and this would all be some hallucination.

Once more Callie assured him there were plenty of towels ready– but they were their towels. What was the purpose of having a wonderful set of themed, super-soft everything if they couldn’t use it because it was sitting in a box somewhere? He knew, rationally, that it would be a few weeks after Persephone’s arrival anyways before their baby star was actually ready to move into her room. Callie wasn't wrong. But he still wanted Persephone’s room to be ready. Perfectly ready. And ahead of time.

“Once she’s here I want to be spending my time focusing on the two of you, not worrying about the room not being dusted,” he replied petulantly. It didn’t help that the medical books he was studying had more to do with everything that could go wrong before, during, and after the birth. It wasn’t a lie to say he wanted to be able to watch them both very, very carefully.

”Sore?” Eden asked as Callie sighed a little and readjusted herself. He fished out a pillow and cast a few quick spells to clean off any dust and fluff it up, setting it behind her. ”Here? To the right a little? Is that better? I can get a heating pad or the compression socks if you’d prefer,”

He was about to go fetch them anyways when Callie stole his hand and kissed his fingers before pressing his hand against her belly. A firm little kick poked out, followed a few moments later by more kicks of little feet. Eden’s face melted with emotion, gently leaning his head against his wife’s belly. “She has a better sense of rhythm than I do,” he whispered.

status Little kicks!

♖♜

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:02 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Baby Kicks

Callie knew Eden was incredibly worried about making sure everything was flawless before the baby arrived. She couldn't say she blamed him, even though they would have a bit of time after her arrival. Then again, they'd still been getting necessities until very recently, and it made it more difficult. Also since Callie was on medical leave from work from being so far along, Eden had been putting in so many extra hours. Though, without his knowledge, she'd been working on trying to organize the nursery while Eden was either gone or asleep, even though she couldn't do much.

"I know, love. And I want you to be able to be by my side. But we'll have plenty of time. She's not even due for another handful of days." Sure, babies could always come whenever they wanted, but hopefully her words would make Eden relax a bit. When she shifted in pain, Eden hurried to bring her a fluffy pillow while also offering a heating pad and compression socks.

"My dearest.... I... I will be fine. I'm just.... crampy, I think." Perhaps it would soon be over, but she'd been having these cramps off and on all day. After putting Eden's hand on her belly, Persephone started to kick up a storm. "It is most likely from listening to the ticking metronome while I play lullabies for her." She grinned softly, breath faltering for a moment before resuming her normal, calm breaths.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:51 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Callile mentioned playing lullabies for their baby, and Eden smiled against her. For someone so very unmusical, Eden had ended up with a songwriter for a sister and a classical pianist for a wife. "Will you continue playing when she's born? Teach her to play the piano on the cold nights we can't go outside to stargaze."

Eden wanted to stay where he was, listening to Callie's soothing voice and Persephone's little kicks melt the worry out of him. Some part of him though, like a knot buried somewhere in his brain from long ago, wanted to get up and get back to work. If he relaxed now he'd fall asleep and the room would be procrastinated another day. He'd already put it off for so long.

Finally, he forced himself to stand up and turn away, looking to the boxes that remained. “At least let me get everything unpacked,” he said, more to convince himself than Callie in that moment. "Help me decide where to put things? And you're sure I can't get you anything for the cramps?"

status Little kicks!

♖♜

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Baby Kicks

Callie smiled when Eden asked if she would continue to play once their baby was born. She imagined many nights sitting side-by-side with their daughter, tapping on the keys to create beautiful music. "I will play her music any time she feels. I'm even working on writing her a lullaby." Callie hummed softly, letting her imagination resume. Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to duet with her own baby girl?

As Eden rubbed over her tummy, Callie could sense that his emotions were shifting. He had been incredibly tense as time moved forward, and she knew this was all so hard on him. He then offered a sort of compromise, saying he just wanted to get everything unpacked and figure out locations. "Alright love, I believe that to be fair. Plus, it shouldn't be too much extra work. And no, I'll be alright for now. I'll just drink my cocoa. Usually warm drinks get Persephone to calm down a bit." She sighed softly, taking a drink of the hot cocoa. Hopefully they would indeed subside.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:54 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Eden smiled and took a deep breath, trying to calm as Callie remarked that she was working on a lullaby for baby Persephone. He could see it now, Callie and Persephone sitting at the bench, four hands on the piano, playing a lullaby. He could see Mattie strumming along on her guitar and Simon tapping along on a charmed drum pad–no wait, Eden didn’t like Simon. No one was good enough for Mattie. Still, it was an image of peace. Persephone would grow up in that kind of environment: music and family.
For now though, he had to get her room ready. After Callie confirmed she was okay and that a bit of warm drink should soothe the little girl, Eden started opening boxes. ”Let’s see…Diapers…where do you want these? Dresser top shelf? This is shampoo, soap, Lotion, Baby powder.”

He sorted the bottles next to each other, moving them up to the spots Callie directed. It was going quite well–even just her presence brought life to the room and the task. He fluffed a few plushies and positioned them on a little play thing before taking them off again. ”What do we even do with so many plushies?” He realized after a moment that Callie hadn’t responded and turned around, worry spiking again. ”Callie? What’s wrong?”

status Baby room~

♖♜

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Lots of pain
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I think it's time

Callie rocked a bit in the chair, watching Eden open boxes and work on putting everything away. Another soft wave of pain hit, causing Callie to pause in her rocking for a moment before exhaling deeply and returning to the gentle rocking. Eden hadn't seemed to notice, which was fine for now. Callie had been dealing with this pain for a long few hours now, though it seemed to be getting worse. "Yes, they can go in that shelf. And the soaps... can go in that nice basket on the dresser."

Eden moved on to sorting the bottles, then started working on the pile of stuffies they had amassed from all their friends and family. Eden asked... something. Ugh, the pain was back, and it was making her brain feel messy. She curled forward a bit, wrapping her arms around her swollen tummy. She could feel pain firing up her spine, a soft groan escaping.

Apparently that was enough to set Eden's worries off, asking what was wrong. Callie, who was normally so good at keeping a calm emotion, simply shook her head, messy blond hair falling around her face. This was awful. Something was certainly off. If this was the contractions she'd been told about, she knew she was going to need help. Lucky for her, Eden was a fantastic healer.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:37 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Eden was just starting to calm down, getting into the flow of moving things around, unpacking things, levitating them out of the way, when he realised something was wrong. Worry spiked through him, shooting up like a 0.22 bullet lodging into his upper palate. Immediately, the package in hand was discarded and he was at his wife’s side. ”Callie? What’s happening?” he repeated.

Callie’s only reply was a rough shake of her head. Arms wrapped around her stomach. Discomfort–no- He remembered how Persephone had been kicking. Callie had suffered through that without complaint, but this was different. Pain. She had mentioned aches and cramping. This was different. A flash of pain. Temperature fluctuations–uncomfortable, but not uncommon. No, it was more than a few seconds now.

”Callie? Where does it hurt? Darling?”
Terror–pure, uncontrolled panic raced through Eden. His wands worried helplessly along her back, unable to see past this being his Callie. His Callie was enduring something so painful she couldn’t stop the whimper that escaped, that she couldn’t even answer him.

Then the trained mediwizard in him took over, crashing over the panic like perfectly-tempered pool water. The panicked observations coalesced into crisp analysis of the situation: Contractions? It was earlier than they anticipated, but not out of reason. Any day now. Could be today. It’d be safest to wait until the contraction was over. But how long had she been going through this?

It was evidently all information that could wait. He knew she was in indescribable pain. Eden’s hand on her back stilled, now firm and calm like his voice: ”Callie, I think you’re having contractions and I don’t think we should wait longer. I’m going to apparate us to St. Mungo’s.”

As he spoke, he reached his free hand out. His wand and belt sheath attached itself around his waist, and the delivery bag they’d prepared months ago zipped across the room and onto his shoulder. Eden hooked one arm under her knees and supported her spine with the other hand. He focused on everything in his arms—the love of his life, two precious lives and everything that they were and around them–and directed the well of magic within him towards the apparition galley at St. Mungo’s like he had a dozen time in the last day. With a swift movement and low snap, they disappeared from home and arrived in the hospital.

status It's time.

♖♜

Private Homes

Manage Your Items