Submit

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:29 pm

It all started when Marthin came in to the deserts carrying a heavy message. One that Kowa had known would happen sooner or later but not in this way. The large black and red dragon lion immediately grabbed his things and put a pouch backpack like thing on his back and came back to Marthin telling him to take him to where his father was buried. He didn't know this lion, but only his family would know the name of the non-pirate lion that hailed there. Kowa looked deep in to Marthin's eyes to check for lies of any kind but this message was black and white. He trusted him...

"Off aboard of the sin, the dragon brings about the dark, brings about the dark,
Silence fears of the roar, the fear of the roar, Whom brings about the dark, whom brings about the dark, those who wish upon the sea whom wish upon the sea, we who bring about the dark and bring about the silence and bring about the drown~"

He had chimed out,

Marthin would be a warm smile given to Kowa. "If I had known that I would be sending you the message, I would have asked my mother of your parents... See if any messages were of the pirate pride... I feel a little guilty..."

Kowa slowly quiet down and looked over to the lion whom found him. "You have no guilt. This is a mystery that plagued my mind and heart. So much that I could no longer look my sister in the eyes. I had to leave her with whom I knew would take care of her. I thought... honestly that my father thought we weren't worthy or that he no longer cared about us. Maybe even got tired of us and left us. I can remember how he wanted to come with us to this plundering and we said no- because he was no real pirate... That was the last thing I said to him." He threw his mane back and swallowed.

"Now- that is a guilt that kept my heart safe. I called him out and left... Now. All I can replay is how sad my father looked with us leaving. Our words. My words... Now he has passed away. It wasn't that he thought any less of us... at least that much is reassuring."

Marthin kicked some dirt.

"It was probably my mother whom told him about his pride... I can remember her recieving it and going on about something of the old world coming to an end. She was scared... and she left. I don't know what could have been done. Even if we did get there. I was finally coming in to my mane last summer. I didn't even really know that my mom was a goddess. He didn't leave because he didn't care, I can't think of him not caring with how many stories you have of him."

"No... what was stupid was that we kinda followed along everyone else that made him feel like an outsider but still he spent time caring for us. Especially when we would plunder with our crews. He usually would come along and protect us. Following everyone else... All I could think about this year was who I was. What my purpose was. Was I someone my father could be proud of. If I was pirate enough? I couldn't be apart of the sea anymore. I was just part of a crew... I didn't even have a name anymore. All I did was follow everyone else.... How I must have failed my father. Must have been disappointed to see his son following along and not making use of my name." Shrugging as he continued to walk. They had been walking for nearly twelve sunsets. They should be there anytime soon.

"It breaks me that I have done my father wrong and I can't even apologize. I wonder if he knows that I really did look up to him. Loved him. Wanted to be like him... " His voice was choking up. "He said he named me after his best friend whom had a strong heart and protected everyone. Mischivious though."

Marthin listened closely and shook his mane out.
"Kowab'Akmar. I remember giving him the news. He told his family and I saw him head out. I guess he knew where the pride was."

"Well they were best friends."

"True. But the Chokwe move a lot... so he must have knew them pretty well to know where the original lands were."

"Yea... his mother brought along his best friend a lot in to the pride. Well that's what I was told. From the stories my father used to tell me."

"The Dawnwalkers is an amazing old pride. They are long gone, since before I was born. I wish I would have been alive in their lively days."

"My father... really loved the Dawnwalkers. He said he would have made it his pride if he didn't have a pride already."

"He would tell me about how his pride listened to the wind... that sometimes the ocean wind would confuse him. But they trained a lot. I would see him still training..."

"I believe I remember that the Chokwe pride was attacked by another pride. It was an all out war... so if he is alive. He either wasn't there or-"

"He was there...."

"Huh?"

"Yea. He was there- He watched his father die. He says his mother is still alive somewhere that he is still looking for her...the war took everything from him and that us, our mother made him whole again."

"Woah..... That must have been crazy for him to see."

"It's weird to say but... when he said that. It was like I could feel what he felt. Like as if I was there. I knew it had to be true because I saw it...I could even feel how fast his heart went. Even the smell."

Marthin turned his head.

"I never told anyone that before. Sorry. I must sound crazy."

"Crazy... no." Marthin looked concerned.

"Do you .... know what a seer is?"

"Seer?" Kowa began to think back and shook his head. "Sirens? Ladies of the sea?"

"No- no- Seers? Like... those that have visions and usually God children?"

"Hm.... I know that Gods have kids amongst us... I think?" Kowa was a bit unsure. "I didn't listen much when it came to schooling..." He laughed.

Marthin stopped and had to blast laughter coming. Shaking his head and putting his paw on his forehead. "Kowa! Seers can like... see the past ... the future... sometimes its just one vision in their life- sometimes they are plagued by them every moment!"

Kowa stopped and circled back as he sat in front of Marthin and stretched out his paws, giving him his attention. "Hmmm... I didn't know that was a thing?"

"It IS A THING! I AM A SEER!"

Kowa blankly looked at Marthin with no emotion either way. "Ok so.... You- you can see things?"

"Yes."

"AH.... maybe you should talk to a healer..."

"No no- ok. A seer... is what they call God children. But sometimes, mortals with no God blood, has visions too. Which we call them seers too." Marthin spoke but now bringing his paws in to it and trying to show Kowa. Like the good listener Kowa was- he was intently watching him explain. Knowing Marthin still had his attention he continued.

"Those with visions. Visions mean you are a seer."

"Having visions sounds like it would be annoying..."

Marthin thought this. "Yes. Sometimes. But I think what you expirenced was a vision... Kowa you might be a seer!"

Kowa gave him a blank look, then began to laugh. "Com'on friend. You think I'm a seer? I don't SEE things... like that anyways."

"No what you expirenced. Definately is a vision...."

The black dragon rubbed his eyes, and shook his head. "If that was a vision..." He got a little more serious. "I never want to have it... and I hope no one has to have a vision....again."

Marthin got serious too... they both stared at each other, and Marthin realized... that there was a fear of what he saw. It traumatized him and it was something he would probably never admit to... Then why did he admit it to a total stranger?

Kowa rubbed his arm anxiously and tried to laugh it off. "I can only... imagine dreaming and it becoming real. Like a nightmare.. right? That would suck.."

"Kowa..." His voice went soft.

"The world can sometimes be cruel. But you have others around you that are with you so you can bare it. That is what my mother always said. That you always have messages of love no matter how alone you think you are. Plus. Sometimes visions are good ones... like dreams.. not just nightmares."

Kowa looked away from him then gave him a nod.

"It is ok to cry... and break down. You haven't since I told you..."

Kowa looked at him and looked down. "Let's stay here. The desert isn't that hot in these parts..."

Marthin looked away and sighed. "I can try and gather some cactus...."

"Cactus? Yea to drink but you aren't hunting? In fact... I don't think this whole time I have seen you eat any game I've caught."

"Oh.. It's because I don't eat meat." He lifted a paw and smiled. "But I do apperciate you always thinking of me. It must be a trait of your family."

"My father always brought food for everyone... if you didn't eat meat I could've gathered some flowers that we could eat. You should've told me."

"Let me gather come cactus."

"No- let me. I know the deserts... here. I'll even find some of the flowers you can eat. You get the camp ready." Kowa commanded and off he went.

Marthin watched the lion with a heavy feeling of guilt.
"Kowa......"

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers