Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Travels in Ultra Space - Monique's Multiversal March Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:30 am
It had been a week since the Snagems have returned from Hisui and the struggle against Buzzwole on Mount Silver. Things were finally settling down and the Snagems were starting to get back into their day-to-day life, that is everyone except for a certain black furred lady fox. Wherever she was early in the morning, just an hour after sunrise, she would be surprised by her SNAG chiming, signifying she had received a message from Sub. It was short, just a few words, asking her to come see him in his office when she had the time. Sudden it was but not too unusual to be beckoned by the leader.

If and when she reported to his office she would find Sub at his desk, a few folders resting on top of as he sat behind it but it looked like the leader had yet to pay attention to them, instead he was busy eating a bowl of what looked like oatmeal with a few Nanab berries in it. Looks like he was still working on finishing his breakfast. "Oh! Monique! Come in." He said, or rather what he intended to say, his mouth full of oatmeal.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:39 pm
We're gonna stretch these cores, now. Stretch to the left... Up... down...

Monique was spending her morning with what had become her daily companion, an exercise series called Morning Aerobics for Hybrids produced by some university in Johto. Apparently they had several people whose field of study was the physiology of hybrids, and they felt they weren't getting enough stretches and flexibility in their day. If you have wings, you might have them move as well while we do this...

BEEP BEEP BEEP

A new notification pulled the Zoroark out of her routine. It was a message. And it was from Sub. What did he want her for so early in the morning? She hadn't had much to eat other than a protein bar, and while sometimes he called asking for people, it wasn't usually this time of day.

She put the video on pause and shuffled her way to the leader's office. Sub was going to get a look at Monique at her most casual: a tank top, yoga pants, things people wear when they exercise. Even if she had to investigate a special order of the stuff. One thing she was not used to was that her actual clothes tended to have to come from specialty places. Then again, the amount of choice sometimes made her eyes water.

The desk was surprisingly uncluttered, though a few folders sat directly in front of him. She could smell the oatmeal accented with Berries that he was eating. He said something, but what wasn't clear; his mouth was just too full of oatmeal.

"Hi," Monique broke the ice, unsure of what Sub had actually said. "You wanted to see me? I know I'm not...all glam, I was actually exercising..."  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:46 am
Sub didn't pay much mind to Monique's appearance, for the past thirty years he had lived among criminals, vigilantes, and the homeless so he had definitely seen far worse appearance on a regular occurrence. He would note that the hybrid had failed to understand what he said and swallowed, making sure to get it all down before he spoke again. "Sorry about that, running a little behind today." He said, setting the bowl of oatmeal to the side. Clearing his throat he picked up his SNAG and tapped away on it and for a brief moment it almost looked like he was just going to play on it and ignore Monique.

"Have you ever heard of a professor Burnet? Not sure if that name would be familiar to your time or if maybe you've come across it since you've been with us." He said, not looking up from the device as he continued to toy around with it. After Monique answered him he would set the SNAG on the table and tap on the screen once more to bring up a hologram of what looked like a Ultra Wormhole. "An Ultra Wormhole, the focus of professor Burnet's research, or rather inter-dimensional studies at large. The professor has quickly made great strides in her research since the appearance of the wormholes and the Ultra Beasts and is currently working on a device to create and stabilize an Ultra Wormhole as part of her research to design a way to close them as they appear. We have provided her what information we have on the wormholes and Ultra Beasts but the professor has requested more." With that said he tapped the screen again and the hologram changed to show Monique, her name, her hybrid species, and all other sorts of data on her, obviously collected by Sub and GRAY.

"You." He simply stated. "The professor wants to study a Faller from another reality, to better understand the effects unprotected Ultra Space travel has on the body. I'm not comfortable sending Clare for a few reasons and you are particularly appropriate for her research as you were originally human, only hybridizing during your time in Ultra Space." The man went on, explaining his reasons why Monique would be an appropriate test subject. "I trust Burnet greatly, not only is she a renowned professor, married to the local Alolan professor Kukui but she also has aided Snagem in the past. You'll definitely be in good hands."

With that he pulled his SNAG back, turning off the hologram and pocketing the device. Locking eyes with Monique for a moment he saw some doubt and apprehension in them, that's when he decided to pull out his trump card. "Besides, while there is only a fraction of a fraction of a decimal percent chance of finding them Burnet is likely the only means you have available to you in our reality at finding your sisters."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:20 pm
Monique looked at Sub, who was trying to tap tap away furtively for something on his SNAG. What could possibly be so deeply buried in his files that took this much time to access?

"Burnet?" Monique replied, Sub still fiddling with his device. "...I feel like I've seen the name maybe once or twice in all the reading I've done. Obviously, when I was growing up that would have been 30 years in the past... I could have heard it in school, but honestly, I can't recall."

The hologram finally appeared, showing a sight Monique definitely recognized. An Ultra Wormhole, like the one that deposited her here. It then changed to a data file, showing a 3D model of her along with gobs of data. She raised an eyebrow at how much information it had actually collected.

"The professor wants to study a Faller from another reality, to better understand the effects unprotected Ultra Space travel has on the body." The sheriff raised an eyebrow, thinking of all the effects it had on her, not least her form change. Sub clearly thought pretty highly of Burnet, but... What sort of studies would these be?

"Besides, while there is only a fraction of a fraction of a decimal percent chance of finding them Burnet is likely the only means you have available to you in our reality at finding your sisters."

Sub knew what he was doing. Monique's brain was working in high overdrive, like those Unovan Pokémon Klink and Klang she had read about.

"You know, Sub..." She sighed heavily, still processing. "Mmm. I've been thinking about visiting Alola myself. So far, I've seen some of Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh...Hisui...Unova, Kalos, and even a little Galar. Of course, there are plenty of places in this world, but... My heart is in Alola, even if it's not the one I knew. And I'd like to see what the Smog took from me in my time. What if I took a visit of all four islands? Since I'd have to visit Akala anyway... She's in Heahea City, right? I think it'd do a lot for me to take a trip... Sorta home." The pauses and sighs in her speech would expose to Sub how the idea was striking a chord.

If Sub had ever thought about what it would be like to turn up in 1974 and see the sights as they were back then, especially if they were things that no longer existed in his time, he might have an idea of how Monique felt in 2023. It would be an emotional ride, but she also had a natural affinity to anything Ultra. Maybe it came with being a Faller. Or the fact that Ultra Space had rewritten her life's story—and those of her sisters, she had learned back in Hisui. If she turned up in the past, who knows where they were.  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:01 pm
"That works for me, for more reasons than one." Sub said with a sly grin, standing up and stretching a bit before speaking. "Go get ready, be sure to pack for an extended trip. When you're ready to go meet me downstairs in the common room. Your primary mission is to aid professor Burnet but I'm not against you taking some time to explore the region. Furthermore I have a personal errand I'd like you to run for me on Akala Island. I intended to request this anyways but since you intend to see the entire region this works out perfectly." The man explained. "Now off you go, it's time for you to see your homeland, or rather what it once was."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:48 pm
Monique's decision to take a tour of Alola clearly made Sub happy, a reaction explained by the fact he had a second personal errand on Akala. Clearly, that island was going to be the first stop for her when she got to the islands.

She packed lighter than one might think a glam girl might actually pack for a long trip. Most of her travel could probably be done in Illusions anyway, and that meant she could control her appearance regardless of the clothing she actually had on. (Which was, having once not been a Zoroark hybrid, quite nice!) That said, the sheriff did bring a few actual outfits—one never knew when being in an Illusion was a bad idea, after all—and other essentials.

She wondered how this trip was going to go. It was kind of...freeform. Aside from all the research assistance for Burnet and whatever other errand Sub had on Akala, Monique had only a vague idea of what she wanted to do. Mostly see Alola. And Aether—no, Poni Island was going to be the last stop.

As she fit the last items into her suitcase and purse before making her way down to the common room, she thought of Kasumi and Kaimana. They must be very, very far away in time and space. But Monique had already defied the odds. She knew her sisters, wherever they were, were strong and adaptable. And Ultra Space, she had come to know in her fur and mane, was never short on surprises.  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:15 pm
Monique wouldn't be in the common room for long before she heard the sound of skittering from above. She wouldn't be quick enough to see the source on the ceiling and would then hear it coming from her left on to turn and see nothing there. Things would go quiet until something spoke up, right in front of her, just much lower than eyesight. "Kekeke, hi." Poe the Sableye greeted Monique.

The Sableye would look the hybrid up and down a very times, its toothy grin growing wider and wider until it suddenly fell and the Pokemon sigh. "You're pretty." He mildly grumbled. What that was about was anyone's guess. "Here, Sub said give this to you, kekeke." He said, revealing an average glued shut envelope, a letter clearly inside once she grasped it. "Give that to someone called Olivia in Konikoni City on Akala Island." Examining the letter closer it didn't have much written on the envelope, just 'To: Olivia, From: Sub', very informally address. Why Sub was communicating with someone in such an archaic manner and outside of the postal system was certainly strange but it was part of her mission.

Poe would go to turn around and leave but looked over his shoulder before scurrying off to size Monique up once more before sighing yet again, sulking off into the shadows. Strange Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:36 pm
Shortly after arriving in the common room, a sound attracted her attention, but while she could track it, she couldn’t actually see anything. Center, left… What was th—

“Kekeke, hi.” Directly below her, requiring her to gaze past her chest, was Poe, Sub’s little Sableye. And Poe was looking up and down and up and down. What is going on? “You’re pretty…” He seemed to have some feelings behind it, feelings he did not want to share.

"Here, Sub said give this to you, kekeke." The little Sableye handed Monique an envelope. "Give that to someone called Olivia in Konikoni City on Akala Island." She took notes that she had another destination on Akala… Clearly, that was going to be where she went first. All it said was “To Olivia, From Sub”. She looked up to see Poe’s jeweled eyes gazing at her before scurrying off.

Poe clearly liked something about her, which was kind of creepy, but that would have to—

Monique realized that whatever Poe had handed her was not just an envelope, but a ticket, purple and white. It read “AIR KANTO” at the top. >Name of Passenger: KA’ANA’ANA / MONIQUE // From: Saffron Tajiri SFT To: Hau’oli HAU< There were plenty of other details and codes—she saw the letters ILL on there, wondering what they meant—but this explained something. It was an afternoon departure, so there would be time to get there. She’d just need to get to Claydol first.

The Clay Doll Pokémon’s psychic abilities teleported her to the entrance of Saffron Yamabuki Station, one of the busiest rail hubs in the world. The system map above the ticket kiosks told her the story: there were platforms for the Magnet Train to Johto, local Kanto Rail trains to Celadon and Vermilion, and the Airport Monorail. For someone whose entire world up until not too long ago consisted of two cities on one island, this was bewildering, and the number of people in this station alone probably rivaled Flower City.

Using the touchpad-based ticket system was easy enough for a first-timer, and minutes later, Monique was striding through the turnstile, clutching the ticket after taking it out on the other side and walking to the Airport Monorail platform. A few other people awaited the next train, but compared to the crowds headed to the local platforms, there were comparatively few travelers in this very clean facility.

“Please keep your Pokémon in Poké Balls. Service Pokémon must be wearing proper identification.” There were, for some reason, piped-in bird sounds. How odd, Monique thought. This was one heck of a first impression of Kanto. There were men, mostly in suits, but some were wearing more leisurely gear—clearly going on vacation, not business trips. More men than she was used to seeing back in New Po, but that was something she kind of expected given her world’s rough history. Many men had died building the Dome, and others had been conscripted. Most of them were tapping away on their devices, giving occasional glances toward the empty space that a train would soon fill.

Moments later, a green-and-white locomotive glided across the monorail and to a stopping position. “Train for Saffron Airport,” a station announcement declared. It stopped, and the passengers shuffled inside, Monique taking a seat and looking out the window at the emptying platform. The doors closed as the train started its journey, and Monique gazed out the window at the skyscrapers and urban density of Saffron City. So much to take in… There was so much development. So many people. So many Pokémon Could this world avoid the fate of mine? It had been something she had been thinking about. Why was she here? Why a Zoroark? She’d been hurled into a past, a parallel past, and sometimes she felt her destiny was to try and save it. Was that why Snagem appeared in her reality?

She was reminded of the only public transportation in her time. The Elevator in Flower City connected its different levels in pods that were like tiny trains. However, the Elevator was access-restricted. Everyone there could only go to certain levels based on their status. It was said there were whole levels—and stations—that only King Faba and his court could visit. She had only been on it once or twice when she worked in the nightclubs there. Here, though, people mixed on the trains, at least from what she could see before ascending to the airport monorail platform.

The monorail’s views of the city and later the airport were eventually replaced by a tunnel as the train began to glide into the station. “This is Saffron Tajiri Airport, Terminal 3. The doors on the right side will open.” It was the end of the line and the international terminal. Monique gathered her bags and rode the escalator up to the terminal check-in counter. The international terminal was dominated by Air Kanto, but airlines from around the world were represented: Unovan, Air Kalos, Alola Airways, Hisui Oceanic (“The Sinnoh Airline”, its logo boasted)…

There was a decent line outside the Air Kanto counter. She was relieved that the weather in Saffron was good… She hated to find out what a delay might be like. Unsure of quite what to do, she watched the other customers in front of her. They were presenting their tickets and checking their larger bags. The line moved fairly smoothly, and before Monique knew it, she was face-to-face with a representative at the ticket counter.

“Good afternoon,” the representative responded.

“I’m here to check in for my flight to Hau’oli City,” Monique replied. “And I have this…bag to check.”

The representative looked her over. “Well, I’ll take your ticket for a moment.” She reviewed it, typing details into the computer. “And just as a reminder, ma’am, illusions are prohibited on airport grounds and aircraft. Please understand.”

Monique nodded. That detail certainly had not occurred to her; she was glad to have been reminded up front. “Thank you.” She looked around. “And the…security checkpoint is that way?” She pointed a finger to her right.

The representative nodded. “Yes, and thank you for flying Air Kanto.”

Now with just her carry-on and her ticket, the sheriff of New Po walked toward the security line.  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:24 pm
While everything had been fairly uneventful for Monique things would change as she made it to security. There was the typical metal detector and x-ray machine for baggage, both of which she had no problem getting into. However there was a third scan to undergo, it looked like a metal detector one would step through however it was bulkier and had 'Silph Co.' branding slapped on top of it. She would be ushered through the machine just like the metal detector, almost dismissively, no one even paying attention to the screen connected to it as if they didn't expect it to go off.

"Man, I got kind of excited when I saw you down the line, this thing never goes off." One of the workers complained as Monique passed through the scanner and like usual it didn't go off. "Good thing you dropped the illusion, and wore real clothes, this thing would have exposed you completely...at least so I've heard. Last time this thing went off was three years ago when a Ditto tried to board as a deaf woman. Any who, enjoy your flight." The chatty worker explained to Monique.

With the final security measured passed through the plane itself was the only thing waiting ahead for Monique, there she would board, find her seat, and then wait for take off.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:32 pm
Monique wasn't quite sure what that third scan was until the worker complained. "Good thing you dropped the illusion and wore real clothes. This thing would have exposed you completely...at least so I've heard. Last time this thing went off was three years ago when a Ditto tried to board as a deaf woman. Anywho, enjoy your flight." That was a lot to unpack. She had contemplated casting an Illusion but didn't want to bother with that fuss...and was glad she didn't because that would have been quite exposing.

"Well, I worked in law enforcement, so I'm pretty aware of how that goes," she idly added. Yeah, I worked in law enforcement...in the future. That never stopped being mind-boggling.

Past security was the terminal itself. The monitors showed all the domestic and international flights in the airport. On two banks were the domestic and short-haul flights to places like Mauville, Rustboro, Olivine, Goldenrod, and Jubilife. The other bank demonstrated the far-flung nature of the Pokémon world. There were some cities whose names she did not even recognize alongside some of the world's great cities: Castelia, Mesagoza, Wyndon, and oh yes, Hau’oli. Her flight was set to take off in an hour, which would give her enough time to hunt for a quick meal at one of the restaurants after finding her gate. For some reason, there was even a shopping section, whose purpose Monique would not understand until she learned what "duty-free" meant.

She picked up a prosciutto and Mozzarella sandwich with basil and a little jar of Colbur jam. A year ago, she probably would never have thought she'd have had either of those things, but hybridization had changed her tastebuds a good bit while being thrown into the past meant there was a lot more variety in the food world. It was something she pondered while eating and doing a fair amount of people watching in the terminal. There was a man wearing a mask and waving his arms about to keep people from approaching, people looking at devices, announcements on the intercom. Unovan Flight 918 to Castelia will be taking off 30 minutes late... Will Toshiro Yamaguchi come to gate 6... For information on connecting flights, please check the monitors located throughout the terminal... There were also a fair number of Pokémon, primarily of the caring disposition. There was an Audino at the Unovan terminal, and she'd spotted an Indeedee at the Galar Airways counter earlier.

A crowd built near the gate as boarding grew closer. People began standing in line even before the flight attendants began boarding call. She checked her boarding pass, which revealed she was in Zone 6, and waited as premium customers (Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, how many tiers did these airlines have!?) and people in the other zones filed onto the aircraft.

Monique checked her ticket as Zone 6 finally boarded. She was toward the back of the plane, seat 30F. The people in the middle and aisle seats on that side of the plane had already settled in, leaving her the window seat. She trudged into the seat, her carry-on going in front of her, and looked at who she'd be sitting by for the seven-hour flight to Alola.  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:34 pm
Now boarded and in her window seat Monique would have an excellent view for the entirety of her her trip, though most of her 'view' would be nothing but clouds beneath the plane. Her two 'row mates' wouldn't say too much, the man on the far end engrossed in a self-help book titled 'How to Relax' and the elderly woman right next to her busy fiddling with some sort of textile making craft, the woman using a wooden handheld hook to loom together threads of fabric. Looked like very tedious work.

In time the plane would take off, a very smooth take off in fact, barely noticeable, the captain speaking over the plane's intercom to slightly brag about his job well done, the stewardesses had a laugh over his child-like praising over his own abilities. Once they were up in the air the travelers were notified they could remove their seat belts and most did, except for Monique's row mates, the book reader still with his nose in the literature and the woman busily working away on whatever she was weaving, the beginnings of a blanket maybe?

Looking out the window Monique would get a glimpse of Lavender Town, or at least what the captain said was Lavender Town, they were so high up that she had to trust him on this one. Soon enough they would leave Kanto and from here it would be nothing but sea below them. Time for the long haul.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:23 am
Once everyone was settled, and with the others in her row engrossed in various tasks, Monique pulled out her in-flight entertainment: another book.

Monique had been spending most of her alone time reading, in part because she needed to refresh herself on what to her was extra-ancient history and because there was a lot of the world she did not know. Tower in the Sky: How Cipher Cast a Shadow Over Sunny Orre, written by a reporter for the Orre Republic, was mostly a summary of the history of Shadow Pokémon and Ein's machinations. Orre was desolate to many people, especially foreigners, but Monique's definition of "desolate" was a bit different than most. At least it produced Snagem...which had simultaneously saved her and put her in peril.

Nobody was really chatty, and after a couple of hours, most of the cabin was asleep. Monique opted to join them. She'd figure out her itinerary for the Alola side of the trip when she got there; it'd be evening, and she'd probably want a hotel room near the airport before setting out the next day for Akala. She felt like a character in an old movie, getting to be part of an era that to her should have been bygone. Even wasteful. Airplanes in this reality still weren't electrified, though soon after they did they became useless anyway due to the Smog.

Maybe it was the air at 38,000 feet, but Monique woke up four hours later. She'd had a weird sequence of silly dreams. In one, she was a go-kart driver. There was one showing her as a researcher at a library. And why was she running some sort of political campaign?

It was good to get back to a version of reality. She looked around for a moment and took a sip of the somewhat stale water that was on her tray table from earlier.

"...This is your captain speaking, ladies and gentlemen, to let you know that we are starting to come into view of Alola and that we will probably be landing in about 45 minutes to an hour." The fading sun left little to see, but there, off in the distance to the right, were some twinkling lights.

Monique alternated between reading her book and gazing out the window as the aircraft began its descent. It was so weird to her to think of lights, activity, life on the neighbor islands. They had been lost to her before she'd had a chance to say anything about it.

The lights of Hauʻoli twinkled and drew closer, the plane coming closer, the tray tables being stowed by passengers throughout the cabin. It was a new and somewhat unsettling feeling, even for someone who had hurtled through Ultra Space like an unintentional daredevil.

"First time flying?" the passenger next to her asked. It was the first time she had said a word all flight, her crochet project having been returned to the carry-on.

"...In an airplane," Monique explained coyly. She did not want to let on too much. After all, how did an Alolan native have her first flight be...to the islands? And she had traveled via some far crazier methods.

On the runway, jutting out into the sea, Air Kanto Flight 323 made a smooth landing. It taxied to the gate, whereupon the passengers disembarked to find a comparatively quiet airport (and plenty of leis). Eventually, past the gate, they would find that other pesky detail of international travel: customs.  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:55 am
Monique would be subjected to perhaps the most hellish customs the world has ever seen, an experience she likely was not ready for considering the state of Alola in her time. During her experience she was all be interrogated. What items she had with her, did she have any seeds or plants, any illnesses in the past thirty days, was she vaccinated, other places she had visited in the last thirty days, had she or her Pokemon ever been infected with Pokerus, what kind of Pokemon was she bringing into the region, were any of them currently Shadowfied, the questions just went on and on and her belongings rummaged through.

She would discover that Alola took ecological protection of the islands extremely seriously, to the degree that they won't allow certain Pokemon into the region nor are you to 'officially' use unauthorized 'Ride Pokemon' for transportation in the region. Seeing as how her Alola of the future turned out all these extreme protective measures made sense, might even be why Alola mostly survived (until the very end) the literally apocalypse while all other regions fell quickly. She certainly heard some complaints from the other passengers going through customs, even one person throwing the 'fascism' word around, but Monique would know better than all of them how important this was. They only had one planet, and there was no turning back once they damaged it.

After finally getting through customs Monique was now free to explore Hau'oli City, Melemele Island, and Alola all together. She was home, and yet not. Any self reflection would be immediately squashed once she was bombarded by a random salesman, clearly staking out the small airport's exit to peddle his wares to gullible tourists. "Alola!" Greeted the cheery middle-aged man sporting khaki shorts, sandles, a floral print button-up, and straw hat, his outfit couldn't be more stereotypical. His verbal greeting was accompanied with the traditional Alola hand gesture, that is holding up to open palms side by side and then pulling them away and downward from each other in an arch, some claiming it was meant to resemble a rainbow.

"Authentic tiki carvings resembling the traditional Alola god of ancient times! A wonderful souvenir! An incredibly rare find! Some might even call it strange as it depicts a Pokemon not yet seen! How mysterious!" He immediately verbally assaulted Monique, shoving a small wooden figure into her line of sight. "For a pretty lady like you only three thousand Pokedollars!"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:09 am
Customs made Monique feel like she was back in the New Po police station—but on the other side of the interrogation. They had question after question after question for the sheriff. The agricultural inspection station wanted to know if there were plants. They wanted to ensure there were no Shadow Pokémon. In fact, they were somewhat confused as to how she had an Alolan Marowak in the first place. (Time travel generally was not a very useful explanation to customs officials.)

It was both reassuring and a bit stifling that Alola seriously cared about the Pokémon they let in. She could hear the grumbles of the fellow passengers. They couldn't sense what she knew.

After exiting customs and picking up her belongings at baggage claim, Monique was free to move about the island. Her first stop would be finding a hotel to crash for the night before either spending a day on Melemele or flying straight to Akala. She was about to see what hotels were near the airport when—

"Alola!" She turned to her left to see a man in a floral print shirt, straw hat (even this late at night), and khaki shorts doing a gesture which she'd recognized as the traditional greeting (a bit out of use by her time). "Authentic tiki carvings resembling the traditional Alola god of ancient times! A wonderful souvenir! An incredibly rare find! Some might even call it strange as it depicts a Pokémon not yet seen! How mysterious!" He held up some wooden carving nearly in her face. "For a pretty lady like you, only three thousand Pokédollars!" He had way too much energy for the late evening.

Monique eyed him with suspicion. What is this about? The pushy guy was attracted to her wallet and her looks with all the tact of a dude in a Flower City nightclub. A few times, she'd definitely had to push some overly interested people away.

"I'm not interested," Monique growled, gently putting out her hands. But the salesman decided to follow her.

"Don't you want a souvenir to remember Alola by?" he desperately called out.

Monique turned around and crossed her arms, coming face-to-face with the peddler. She gently pushed him away. "Dayum... I have more than a few souvenirs of Alola, sir." She reached in her purse and brought out Kalama, as if to prove her point. "And if you don't want yours to be exposed for the wasteful crap it is, b***h, you better stay away."  

MoniqueBrie

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:35 am
The salesman didn't need to be told twice, the threat of a Pokemon more than enough to drive him away. While intimidated by Monique it didn't stop him from immediately seeking out other 'marks' but at least he left her alone. "You've been here before." A voice called out to Monique, turning around she would find the owner of the voice, her elder 'row mate' from the plane. "But not." The woman said, eying Monique up and down, staring at her harder than she ever did on the plane. In fact the old gal seemed more 'here' in the moment than she ever did on the plane, as if the sun put a spring in her step.

"We never exchanged names on the plane, did we? I'm Wilokia but people here call me Auntie, you may too as a fellow native." She said with a wry smile and a glint in her eye. There was definitely something strange about this woman, as if she became decades younger upon landing. Not physically of course, but how she carried herself, her voice, small things gave off an aura of sudden youth.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff