Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Life, Death and Dragonflies Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:33 pm
Lykas was sitting on the couch in HQ, wondering if he had made a mistake deciding to stay behind at HQ when he suddenly received a message on his SNAG.

“Meet me at the Lost Hotel. We need to talk.”

The sender wasn’t listed. “That’s weird… I have a pretty good idea who it’s from, though…” he muttered to himself as he stood up and stretched out. “Mykel, let’s go. At least I won’t be bored for a little while.”

The Gardevoir in question arrived in the main room via Teleportation as of Lykas had summoned him directly, which he had, in essence. Without any words between them, the pair vanished, Teleportation once more moving them through space and time to Kalos, though on the opposite end from the other Snagems. Arriving on not at Routes 15 or 16 but Dendemille Town, Lykas waved for Mykel to follow and the pair began the journey to the underground ruins of the old hotel. Lykas tossed out his Hoverboard and the pair climbed onto it together, speeding off out of town to the Northwest.

It wasn’t that long of a journey to get there, though Lykas did spend a little while dodging wild Pokémon in order to avoid fights he didn’t want to get into along the way. Arriving at the Route 15 entrance after a little while, the hybrid stowed his Hoverboard once he and Mykel had dismounted, then the pair descended the stairs, looking around in the gloom as they did. “None of the usual trainers?” Lykas questioned aloud. It would become apparent why fairly soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:05 am
The sound of a baby’s cry echoed through the Lost Hotel’s halls, creating an eerie ambiance that left Lykas and Mykel to wonder what exactly was going on. “I hear something but I dunno what exactly it is…” Lykas told his partner as he walked, the Gardevoir nodding silently.

”It sounds like a baby to me but why would there be a baby here, of all places?” Mykel replied quietly after a few minutes of traveling the empty halls.

“A baby?” Lykas asked, wondering what in the world that could mean. “Wait… how long’s it been since we went to Galar?”

”About a year now, I think?” Mykel replied.

“~/~!” Lykas exclaimed. “I had hoped nothing would come from that…” He muttered as he shook his head. A second cry joined the first about that time. “I can’t tell where it’s coming from.”

The low light within these underground halls was beginning to strain the hybrid’s eyes already so he pulled out his SNAG and turned on the flashlight to help him see where he was going. “I just realized there aren’t any of the usual riffraff that hangs around here. I wonder if Countess Pump finally got tired of them and chased them all off?”

”Would it surprise you? Pump has never been known for her hospitality.” Mykel questioned, reminding Lykas of the Channeler’s disposition.

“It actually would. Being hospitable is a huge part of being a noble. Pump and Geist were always so proud of their nobility. I’d be very surprised if Pump just decided to chase people out of her home.” Lykas responded, sounding a bit concerned. Shining his SNAG’s flashlight around the hallway the pair were walking down, he’d notice the vines growing along the walls with their large, broad leaves looking slightly withered in the gloom.

The number of voices crying in the distance had increased as the hybrid and his Pokémon had conversed, now sounding as if there were nearly a dozen babies crying around the hotel. “Where are those cries coming from?” Lykas finally asked aloud.

The vines along the floor seemed to perk up at this, the leaves on one in particular beginning to unfurl, almost seeming to point in the same direction like arrows. “D’you see that?”

Quickly turning his head to look, Mykel spotted the leaves as they moved, seemingly wilting again almost as fast as they had unfurled. He nodded his head and the pair moved rapidly, dashing forward to follow the moving arrow as it led them through the labyrinthine hallways of the Lost Hotel. At some point, they had stepped through the portal that led to what was the impossibly confusing maze of the Hotel’s innermost chambers. Hallways and rooms that didn’t exist folded open as Lykas neared them, revealing more and more of this abominable place. Fifteen minutes of nonstop dashing later, Lykas slid to a halt, holding Mykel’s Pokeball in hand from having to recall the Psychic-type several minutes into the vigorous run it had taken to get here. The hallways and empty rooms had finally stopped stretching out before him and he now stood before set of intricately ornate double doors. “The ballroom. Didn’t think I’d ever find my way here again.” He muttered to himself as he took one door’s handle in each hand and gave a push as he shoved his way through them.

As the doors swung open, Lykas was greeted by a raucous noise, the sound of revelry he hadn’t heard in quite a while. This was some kind of celebration, clearly.

“Welcome to the proclamation day celebration!” Countess Pump will be joining us shortly to make a special announcement!” Someone greeted as he entered the room. Looking around for the speaker, Lykas fund a man of minuscule stature whose head appeared to be made of wood. A Phantump hybrid? Or just a very small Trevenant hybrid.

“I received a direct summons from Pump herself.” Lykas replied. “Where can I find her?”

The small man gaspe, a hand shooting to his chest as if he’d been shot through the heart. “That is Countess Pump! You will place the respect upon her name that her royal title commands or you will not speak with her at all!” He snapped, eyes narrowing with indignation. How dare anyone not show the Countess proper respect!

The small man’s indignation would only intensify when a Super Size Gourgeist floated over and spoke quietly to him. “No! She can’t seriously think to entertain this rabble, can she?!” The Gourgeist spoke quietly once again and the man’s demeanor changed entirely. “My apologies! I had no idea you were **him**! Please! Follow Hugo here and he will show you to the Countess.” The small hybrid finally stated, his voice filled with embarrassment Ashe bowed, stepped backed and motioned toward the Gourgeist with one arm.

“You must be Hugo.” Lykas assumed aloud as he turned toward the Pumpkin Pokemon. Hugo nodded and then turned around to lead Lykas away from the ballroom’s main door, to an inconspicuous, smaller door hidden in a corner. It almost looked like a broom closet from the outside but when Hugo knocked, he heard Pump call out from within “Let him in.”

Lykas nodded as Hugo made the turn the handle, looking back to be sure he was prepared to meet with their mistress. “Might as well go ahead and get this meeting started.” He told the Gourgeist before he heard the click of the door opening and Hugo stepped out of the way as the dire swung inward. Stepping through, Lykas heard the door shut behind him.

“Hello, Blue. It’s been too long.” Pump’s voice chimed from nearby. “You look well.”

“Don’t play games, Pump. You called me here for a reason. And stop calling me that.” Lykas snapped back, eyes roaming across the room as he searched the shadows of whatever this room was for wherever the Countess had spoken from.

“Don’t be that way, Blue. You helped make today possible. It’s time for a celebration.” Pump’s voice replied, dripping with a strange sort of verbal venom the hybrid couldn’t quite place.

“I’m not here for a party, **Countess**.” Lykas replied firmly, glaring into the shadows.

“Oh, fine. Be that way, Blue.” Pump’s voice replied with a playful pout in it, the Channeler stepping out of the shadows at last. “Did you hear him?”

“Who?”

“The crying? It’s him. He was calling for you.” Pump replied, reaching out and pulling the shadows away to reveal a crib with a bow-quiet infant boy sleeping peacefully in it.

“Is that?!”

“Our son? Yes.” Pump replied, looking down at the fact lovingly. “I thought that I would offer you the kindness of seeing him as a father once. It will be the only time you’ll look at him that way, you understand?”

Lykas walked over to the crib and looked down at the sleeping baby. Only a month or so old with a mop of jet black hair tinted with icy blue. The hybrid couldn’t see the child’s eyes as he slept. “Why?” He asked quietly. “Why did you bother? It was never part of any agreement that we see the product of my efforts…” There was a pain in the hybrid’s voice.

“As I said. I thought I would offer you that kindness. Especially since I have another surprise for you.” Pump replied.

“A surprise. For me?” Lykas replied, curious yet suspicious.

“Yes. Your efforts produced me an heir.” Pump responded, pulling him away and dropping the shadows that had hidden the child away behind him as she did. “But it also produced something else.” As Pump spoke this time, she reached into the darkness and pulled a small bundle wrapped in an old cloth from within, almost shoving the bundle into Lykas’ arms.

“What?!” The bundle wriggled in the hybrid’s arms, almost causing him to drop it.

“This is yours now. It shows no aptitude for the Ghost energies needed to be an heir to my family and I won’t have it distracting my son while he trains.”

“It?” Lykas snapped, jaw locking as he reached for the bundle with one of his ponytails, pulling the cloth away slightly to reveal a second infant. A girl with the same jet black hair with the icy blue tint to it. “This. Is. A. Child.” He barked out quietly, forcing each word through clenched teeth.

“Indeed it is.” Countess Pump replied, turning away from Lykas at that point. “A useless one. Take it with you when you leave. I have no time or energy to invest in such a thing.”

Lykas’ eyes flashed black as he glared at the back of Pump’s head. “Useless? Thing?” He was practically grinding his teeth at this point, a rage boiling just below the surface.

“How can you talk about her like that?!” He demanded, taking a step forward, pulling the intact girl up against his chest and holding her securely as he moved. “She is a living breathing being. A part of you that you asked for!” He snapped at the Countess.

“Wrong, Blue.” Pump replied coldly. “I asked for an heir. You gave me twins and only one serves that purpose. The least you can do with the other one is take it away considering that it’s the fault of your failure of a Channeler for a partner that caused me to be put in this situation to begin with.” She snapped, turning on her heel as her own eyes began to glow with a hellish fire within them.

“Had your partner not allowed Geist to be killed by that abomination, I would have simply trained his offspring when they came about and our duties would have been passed on to the next generation. There is a reason my family tree has always had two opposing branches and now we are reduced to a single sapling that may not survive for another generation.” Her voice carried a deep resonance with it at this point.

Lykas wasn’t sure what to say at this point for a moment before he finally settled on something. “Dull killed Geist because he wasn’t strong enough to beat him. That’s no one’s fault but his own.” The hybrid growled out. “Odd at least got some kind of payback when he killed the b*****d.”

“Killed?” Pump questioned, a callous, almost hateful laugh boiled up as she questioned her new infant’s father. “You think Red killed him? No. He banished the abomination to the empty space between life and death, certainly, but if the beast ever finds a way to escape, it will be back and there will likely be no stopping it. That is why he is a failure.”

Lykas stared at the back of Pump’s head for a moment longer. “You can believe whatever you want. I never agreed to raise a child but if you can’t even view other living beings as human if they don’t serve your purposes, you’re lucky I don’t take the boy from you as well. You don’t deserve motherhood and you don’t deserve to have your lineage continue.”

“And who would enforce such an attempt by you? Your illustrious leader? He was the one who promised me an heir if you remember. He won’t go back on his word.” Countess Pump replied, calling Lykas on his threat. “You try and take my new Count Geist and your leader will not only return him to me but he will likely punish you as well. Now leave so I may present my child to my court and bestow his title upon him officially.”

“At least tell me something before I leave.” Lykas demanded. “Tell me you at least gave them **both** names. She deserves to have a proper name at least, even if you refuse to acknowledge her.”

Pump nodded. “That much was a kindness I offered before I knew it was useless. I named it Libelle. The boy’s name is none of your concern. Like me, you will only know his title when he grows up. Count Geist.”

Lykas had to fight the urge to lash out once again. The cold tone of Pump’s voice. The heartless way she spoke about this infant as it coo’d in his arms, now properly awake and trying to investigate her surroundings. It all reminded him of the way his own father had seemingly thrown him away, passing him off into the care of someone who was practically a stranger and forgetting he existed afterward. “Libelle, huh? No middle name, no surname? Just a given name and nothing else. You aren’t even going to give her a title like her brother?”

“It does not deserve such a luxury.” Pump replied. “Now, for the last time. Leave.”

Lykas didn’t even get the chance to respond at this point. The door he had entered through opened from the outside and Hugo entered, grabbing him and ushering him out even as he tried to stand his ground. Before he knew it, he’d been pushed out of the ballroom and found himself standing near the stairs he had first descended into the hotel with the tiny bundle in his arms. He sighed, giving the infant girl a sad look and shaking his head. “You didn’t deserve **her** for a mother and you definitely deserve better than me as a father, I’ll give you that…” he told her.

“The consequences of my actions weren’t supposed to be my problem!” He grumbled under his breath before he wrapped the baby back up in the blanket he now realized was a tattered old table cloth and not even a proper blanket. “You poor thing…” He thought hard for a moment, standing in the cool air of Brun Way, trying to figure out what he needed to acquire in a hurry. “I have no idea what I’m doing…” he realized aloud, his breathing quickening.

“I don’t know anything about kids, let alone babies. I can barely remember to feed myself half the time. How am I supposed to remember to feed her? Mykel does all the work keeping my Pokémon fed… Mykel! Of course!” Panic was rapidly setting in as the young hybrid began to realize just what kind of responsibility had been thrust upon him and that he had accepted in the heat of the moment. Fumbling with his belt for a moment before remembering he could hold the baby with his tentacles, he transferred her carefully into the embrace of his hair before finally finding Mykel’s Pokeball and popping it open.

Sorry, boss… I’m not made for that kind of- What’s with the kid?” Mykel began as soon as he appeared, veering off track from his initial thought upon spotting the Nantes in his master’s grip.

“How?” Lykas asked, his thoughts racing.

”How what, boss?” Mykel asked, confused.

“Babies!” Lykas barked out. “How am I supposed to take care of one?”

Mykel shrugged. ”That’s a human baby, boss. I don’t have any idea how those work. You might want to put some clothes on her, though. Poor thing’s freezing.” He remarked, picking up on the infant’s uncoordinated, wordless thoughts before they had fully manifested.

It was about that time that the baby began to cry, small whimpers at first, followed by full-on crying. “I don’t have any clothes for her! I didn’t know I was gonna have a kid to take care of until five minutes ago!” The hybrid snapped back, the panic mounting again. ”Calm down! Call Terashi or Keiko. Didn’t they just have a baby? Maybe they have some spare clothes you can use while you get some for her?”

“Ter? Keiko?” Lykas thought aloud, remembering seeing the two of them with an infant before they’d left for Paldea. “Of course! Let’s get back to HQ and I’ll see if I can contact them. They might not be able to come back until Claydol or one of Ter’s Pokemon can Teleport to somewhere in Paldea, though, so it could be a while…”

Mykel nodded and he and Lykas vanished in a flash of light, the baby going with them as they were Teleported back to Snagem headquarters.

“Message to Terashi and Keiko”

I need help from one of you. Urgently. Meet me back at HQ asap and I’ll explain. Please hurry!”

Sending the message out, he would then begin trying in earnest to figure how to stop the baby from crying. By the time Terashi or Keiko arrived, they would find him looking extremely frazzled on the couch, bags already forming under his eyes and a video of some sort quietly playing on his SNAG, the hybrid watching intently. If they paid close attention, they’d hear that it was a video explaining some of the particulars of caring for infants.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:28 am
It had been a couple of weeks since the team left for Paldea. As much fun as I was having there, the trip was wreaking hell on my bank account, so I needed a way to put some Pokedollars back into it. So, I reclaimed my daughter from my mother and headed back to HQ. That, in and of itself, was a week ago.

Rala was lying down on my bed. She'd recovered from her coma and was able to stay awake for longer periods of time now, but she would be on psychic suppressants for another couple of weeks, so she couldn't move on her own. At the moment, she was entertaining herself with Yuna, the baby Buneary hybrid playing on her lap. Indie was there to keep an eye on Yuna to make sure nothing happened that Rala, in her weakened state, couldn't prevent. That said, I was in the room as well, but my focus was primarily on my laptop. I had spent the last week doing freelance work for Pokedollars as a means of fattening the bank account I'd originally filled with any college money I didn't spend back in the day. I was almost done with a project right now, but I wasn't exactly satisfied with how much was in my bank account just yet, and planned on taking on more work after this.

Fate had other plans, though, for as soon as I finished the project I was working on, my SNAG went off. I had to grab it quickly before it got Yuna's attention, but it wasn't a call. Rather, it was a text message. From Lykas, of all people. He seemed like he was panicking, so I responded right away.

Message to Lykas
I'm already here. You can find me in my room.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:39 am
Lykas jumped at the response on his SNAG, immediately flipping back to his messages to find it was from Terashi. Already here? Hadn’t the others only just recently left for Paldea? “Hang on… how long was I at the hotel? Not important.” Standing up, he’d carefully pick up the infant sleeping on the cushions beside him and made his way to Ter’s room as quickly as possible. Standing outside the door, he took a deep breath and knocked gently. “Hey…” he’d greet quietly once bid to enter, opening the door with one of his tentacles so that he could keep the intact in his arms pulled comfortably against his chest. “Do you guys…uh… do you have any spare baby clothes I could borrow for a bit?” He’d asked before fully entering the room and making the reason for the question obvious.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:46 am
Upon the knock on the door, I simply said "Enter." Sure enough, Lykas stepped in, though the question he asked caught me off guard. I glanced at Yuna, who was still focused on Rala, as I realized I hadn't really thought about getting her any clothes. Which was probably for the best, given her fur was likely going to get thicker as she got older. "We don't actually," I told him. "Yuna was just born, and her fur is likely to get thicker as she gets older, so it's going to be a while before we need to get her any. It'll probably be whenever she's ready to be potty trained, or when she starts talking, whichever comes first."

"Either could be the case, considering how fast she'll grow," I added under my breath. Somehow, it took me until I said that to realize something. "Why do you ask?" I wondered aloud. It had to be serious, given the urgency of his message.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:54 am
Lykas cursed under his breath, stepping fully into the room at this point. His face was clearly showing the signs of how stressed he’d been since returning from Kalos. “I…uh… I just found out I’m a father… and I have no idea what I’m doing…” He explained, carefully moving the bundled up baby girl so that Terashi could see her more clearly. He’d go on to explain how he had fulfilled Sub’s promise to give Countess Pump an heir as payment for her help in the Battle for Black City just after being knocked out of the world championship cup in Galar and then the encounter he’d just had with her.

“So… Libelle’s her name and I’m responsible for her now… I won’t let her grow up like me, thinking neither of her parents wanted her, even if it’s unexpected.” He finally concluded. “I don’t have any clothes, bottles, a bed or anything for her… I was hoping you two might be able to help while I figure things out…”  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:04 am
I took a good look at Lykas's daughter. No fur. She'd definitely need some kind of covering. Likely heavier stuff than Yuna or her mother could handle. Something she could grow into, since there was a fair chance she wouldn't grow as fast as Yuna would. I then took one last look at my bank account, as it'd be going back down again. My desires aside, I'd be damned if I left a friend hanging at such a vital time of need. "Well, we've got some shopping to do, then. Bottles won't be a problem. Sub, or whoever, keeps plenty baby feeding paraphernalia stocked in the kitchen. As for a bed and clothes, we'll need to buy them."

With that said, I let Brunor out of his ball. I expected him to immediately focus on Rala right away, but he apparently decided to focus on me, instead. But, instead of giving him an order right away, I turned to Lykas. "Anywhere in particular you want to go? If not, I can think of a couple of places."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:24 am
Lykas shook his head. “I haven’t the slightest idea where to start…” he admitted. “I’m not even sure how Odd’s going to take this. I only got back a little while ago and I’ve been trying to figure out the basics of childcare so I can feed her and get her to take a nap.”

He gave the baby another sad look. “That witch couldn’t even be bothered to give her a proper blanket… she’d lucky she was even given a name… I’m just glad Odd’s put some money away for us. I don’t know how much it’ll get us but we should be able to buy a few things for her.”

It was at this point that Mykel arrived, his intent to check up on Lykas and see if he needed assistance. However, he’d be distracted before he had the chance. ”Oh, Rala! It’s good to see you up and about again! he greeted Terashi’s own Gardevoir partner, though it was only a moment later he gave her a quizzical look. ”What’s with your energy? I can’t feel any of your psychic power. It’s almost like you’re a pure Fairy-type…”  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:37 am
"Yeah, I was going to save asking about the baby's origins for after we got the essentials," I sighed, rubbing the back of my head. Before I could say anything else, though, Mykel spoke up. Rala greeted her fellow Gardevoir with a wave and a 'hello' in Pokespeak, which would likely confuse Mykel further given her previous mastery of telepathy. "She'll be on psychic suppressants for a couple more weeks," I told him. "The two of us made a mistake a while ago, and... well, we're both paying for it, but she certainly got the lion's share." Mykel might be able to sense the psychic residue from the injury in my chest, but for all I knew, he may very well hard-focus on Rala. "She won't be able to move on her own until Doc Owl takes her off the psychic suppressants."

I turned to Brunor, who was understandably focused on Rala after Mykel brought her up. I placed my hand on his shoulder, and that got his attention. But before I could give the order, I remembered Yuna. Walking over, I picked my daughter up from Rala's lap. "Come here, you," I said playfully, as Yuna was very active for only two weeks old. "We gonna go on a trip." I told her as I walked back over to Brunor. "Take us to Castelia. We can find what we need there, I told Brunor, who saluted before grabbing hold of both Lykas and myself.

~*~

Assuming no objections from Lykas, the two of us would appear at the Castelia City Pokemon Center. From there, it was a short walk to the store I bought Yuna's crib from. There was a clothes shop for all ages down the street, but we could tackle that later. Entering the shop, I'd lead Lykas down a few aisles containing various types of furniture before we reached the crib section.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:51 am
Mykel nodded to Terashi’s explanation, his confusion dissipating to a combination of pity and empathy. He felt bad for Rala but he also felt bad with her. He could understand her possibly pushing herself too far if Ter had been in danger, considering he’d do the same if Lykas were in that situation but he wasn’t worried about details. He’d watch as Lykas quietly agreed to Terashi’s plan and then the group Teleprting away. He’d sit down with Rala and chat with her at that point, just wanting to see how his friend was holding up.

~~~~

Lykas followed Terashi’s lead to the shop, making sure he was careful with Libelle as he moved about. He would eye the furniture items as they moved through the aisles, uncertainty creeping back in the more he looked. What did he even need to buy for this new life to thrive? “I know you’re still new this, too, but do you have any suggestions?” He asked. “I haven’t exactly had any time to do any kind of product research.” He admitted with a small laugh. This was going to be a big change to everyday life but he didn’t want to become a completely different person, especially not all at once.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:02 am
Rala was fine physically. She felt tired when she first came out of her coma, but she was fine now. Not having her psychic talents felt super weird and made it basically impossible for her to move on her own. But largely, she felt somewhat sad. Unlike her trainer, who blamed both of them for the incident that lead to their injuries, she blamed herself, believed that it was her idea. She then explained that she didn't open that black hole for her trainer, but for all the Snagems in the room, though she admitted to being somewhat conceited in believing she could contain a blast from what was basically a legendary Pokemon in terms of strength, though its strength was waning at the time.

~*~

"Oh, I've done plenty of research in the matter," I assured him somewhat playfully, though I cut that playfulness short. "We're here to pick up a bed for Libelle to sleep in - a crib. The temptation may be there to have her sleep with you and Odd. I know it's something Keiko and I struggled with at first, but giving the baby her own bed will prevent unnecessary accidents while you're asleep. Oh, and be ready for her to cry in the middle of the night sometimes. She probably won't have nightmares every single night like my daughter does, but she will wake you up for food or diaper changes every now and then."

With that explanation done, I stopped at the crib section. "Go ahead, pick one out."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:15 am
Mykel attempted to convince Rala she was not to blame, that neither she nor her trainer could be faulted for trying to protect their friends and loved ones but pushing herself to her limit would have had consequences no matter whose idea it had been. One doesn’t give their all and expect to walk away without some kind of drawbacks, after all.

~~~~

Lykas nodded in understanding, grinning at Terashi’s humor. It was nice knowing his friend was able to be there like this. “I suppose the basics will do for now. She won’t care what her stuff looks like for a few years, at least…” he thought aloud. Right now, practicality should be his first priority. Terashi made a good point about her waking them up in the middle of the night so that was something to consider.

He looked over the various models available, considering which would be best. Finally, he settled on a simple one with sliding sides that could be lowered if need be. “I think this one will be good enough. Nice and sturdy from the look of it.” That was another thing he was considering. This was his child. She could be a hybrid with unknown powers, no matter how human she appeared on the outside. She was rather pink, though that could just be what human babies looked like? He hadn’t been around them enough to be sure.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:32 am
Rala smiled at Mykel's attempts to console her. She wasn't entirely convinced, but she didn't say as such. It was honestly a conversation she wanted to have with her trainer once she was able to use telepathy again, and this much she did say. She knew Keiko could translate for her, but she didn't exactly want that. She figured it was a point of pride, considering how strong her telepathy was before.

~*~

"Alright, I'll go get an employee," I told him, leaving him to his choice and walking away. I talked to the clerk at the front desk, made the purchase, and made it clear I'd use a Pokemon to move the item. Once everything was cleared with them, I returned and had Brunor teleport the crib, Yuna, and myself to my room, where it'd be left until we got back, at which point it could be moved to Lykas's and Odd's room.

I then had Brunor take Yuna and me back. I tried to make sure I got back to Lykas quickly without agitating my injury. "Alright, next stop, some clothes," I told Lykas, taking a second to catch my breath afterward.

A short walk later, and we found ourselves in a clothing store. Once more, I led him to the relevant section we'd be buying from.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:33 pm
Mykel nodded in understanding when Rala explained herself. Once he was sure she was in high spirits, as much as could be expected in her current situation, at least, he insisted she try to get as much rest as she could in order to recover. He didn’t want to force her, of course, and wouldn’t just up and leave unless she agreed with him.

~~~~

Lykas watched as Terashi walked off to get help, paid and returned the crb home before coming back again. The hybrid noticed his friend’s heavy breathing upon his return and paused. “Are you going to be alright?” He asked. “Tell me if you’re hurting too much, ok.” He insisted, the jewel on his forehead glowing for a moment as he resisted the urge to use Pain Split and help. There was a better way.

Regardless of the response he received, he’d follow Terashi’s lead to the clothing store and on to the relevant section to find some clothes for Libelle, the baby shifting slightly in her sleep. “I’m glad I managed to find something for her in the kitchen or she’d be a crying mess right now.” He muttered to himself as he looked through the clothes. He ended up picking out a warm-looking jumper in shades of green and purple first and quickly dressed the poor child in it. “I’m definitely getting this one.” He told himself as he took the tag off and held onto it.

Libelle shifted and struggled in the hybrid’s arms as he dressed her but didn’t put up much fuss otherwise, cooing and giggling at him as he continued to look through the clothes available. He was glad for the tentacles for mundane reasons right now, using them to to hold a basket for his choices with one while making selections to add to it with the others. “I’m not sure how much I should get for her… I know little kids are messy but… how bad can babies be? She can’t even crawl yet…”

He’d eventually settle on approximately two dozen sets of clothing with an assortment of one-piece jumpers, two-piece outfits, socks and two pairs of shoes.

“I hope this is enough…” he wouldn’t give Terashi the chance to pay for this one, however and headed to the counter to pay for his purchases. Once he had done so, he carried the small cluster of bags with him for a moment. “She’ll need a proper blanket… at least one.” He realized. The tattered old tablecloth Pump had wrapped her in was no longer a requirement now that Libelle was dressed in something else so as soon as possible, he found a trash can to discard it in.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:29 pm
Rala laughed a little at Mykel's insinuation. Without her natural psychic power, her body was too heavy for her to be able to move at all. Resting was all she could really do.

~*~

Yuna looked up at me as I caught my breath. She placed a hand on my chest, where the injury was, but fortunately, her newborn body was too weak to put any kind of pressure there if she wanted to.

I was a bit surprised when Lykas paid for the clothes himself. His kid's needs would only grow as she did, and I was thinking he'd wait to spend his money then. That said, it could be a pride thing for all I know. It was his kid we were buying things for.

When Lykas mentioned Libelle's lack of a proper blanket, I nodded. "There's one other thing we need to get, too, so how about we split up? There's an antique store a block to the north of us you should be able to get some blankets at. If not, I'm headed for a store on Main Street, the one all the piers are connected to. Let's meet up at the Pokecenter there when we're done. That okay with you?"  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff