So I don't rly understand the state of the currency now. I mean I can see they broke the economy to smithereens that much is obvious but figuring out the value I'm not sure. I see ppl talk about platinum. I don't have platinum. I have like 19 trillion gold but i have a feeling that's chump change now. I have items worth like 600 trillion gold.. I wonder if that's still considered just normal shopping prices too. So where's the platinum from? after a bajillion gold does it become a platinum? is platinum bought? i guess i could go look it up. at some pt i will and i'll just post it here so others coming back going wtf? can know quicker than i lol.

I welcome any enlightenment on the current state of how this all works now money wise.

Edit: 3/26/23: I just learned in account settings you can change your currency from gold to platinum which makes things a little less overhwelming to compare worth of now. New accounts default to it but old ones will have to change it in account. Its alot easier to at least understand how poor I am now lol!

Edit: 3/30/23: From what I can tell the economy still makes it to where you're still going to feel like it'd be easier to buy things with cash to sell back for platinum even if ya sell a few big ticket items from back in the day. Some of our old stuff there's for sure enough to sell a couple pieces and be comfy but if you get back into wanting new stuff its the same old same old, post for yrs or spend 5 bux and chuck it in marketplace lol. Just what I'm noticing. Unless you're artsy then I'm sure there's other options but I can't draw a stickman that doesn't look like broken spaghetti. rofl

Re edit 4/17/22: ok my feelinhs on it after sifting thru my inventory and marketplace is that its not so bad. It seems that since avatar creation is alot of whats left to do they give tons of daily items that most have multiple poses and platinum gifts. Its easy to find a few old items to sell for plat if you are from way back. Its 2mill plat and up to the 20mill plat for most of the highest items. I have 300k plat and feel comfy shopping. Tons of cool items under 5k but plenty in teens. You can buy pledge gifts that change your name font like mine is and sell on mp instead of monthly collectibles or just buy gaiacash. So avatar wise its not so bad! Also if you log in daily eventually you get access to loyalty bazaar with cool items affordable i hear! Hope that info helps returners!