Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
In with the spring! In with the froggies and toads! New pic!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your idea of a good start to your spring?
  A week at the beach!
  Cleaning out the fridge, house, garage! ALL MUST BE PURGED!
  Gardening time!
  Frogs? Wat?
  What's spring? We have hell and winterfell for seasons...
  Games. All seasons games. All life.. more games..
View Results

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:11 am
I'll go first. I'm old now.. I've worked very hard to be boring af.. And i'm proud to say I have no plans for Easter, Spring, and haven't had a spring break in 20 years lol. I guess I'll dye a few eggs though. Mom and I do that regardless of no kiddos around lol.. They're cuter food that way. mrgreen

Spring around here... well since I live in the woods that means clearing tree limbs from yard, mowing alllooot, and getting our little garden ready.. and..

OMG I know what I can show ya'll! We keep little kiddie pool ponds for all the froggies around here. Because we have a nice small pond but critters have dug a hole in it and it leaks out to a nearby creek. Until we can get it dozed back out and a proper liner put back in to defend against digging dumb dingus critters, the froggies have trouble finding a safe place to lay eggs and let them grow up..

IN COMES 2 OLD LADIES WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS TO THE RESCUE! Mom and I came up with the idea of digging one little rectangle hole and putting a couple tote bottoms in it in case it dries up it'd retain some water after finding a mudhole in our drive way a few years ago filled with tadpole eggs that would get ran over in our long driveway. We scooped with spoons and relocated em all! Then got 3 small kiddie pools to contain the eggs. For the past 2 years now that's what's happened. They lay in the pools. We treat for mosquitos and drop steamed spinach in after the tadpoles hatch. Frog songs all spring and summer!

So I guess for me the most positive part about spring, other than not having to split wood and kindlin for our fireplace buckstove, is prepping for frog babies! I'll put some pics of previous yrs and the ponds below and our little garden prepped and rdy to sow b4 it got cold this past year since right now there's no leaves and it looks bald around it. So what are ya'lls plans? If you actually go out in the world I'll live through ya'll. Imma hermit! dramallama

User Image

Here's the new eggs for 2023! Just a couple days old as of april 8th 2023!
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:44 pm
FROGS!  

Dawnpainterz

High-functioning Believer

18,790 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:45 pm
I'll update as they get bigger or if another frog lays more. Usually I get 2 types of eggs from the frogs and toads. I think these are the slick skinny lil froggies. And howdy! thanks for stopping in!  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 4:07 pm
We now have 3 ponds full, they're so cloudy its hard to see the first two, it gets like that though algae and mud and all. I scoop it down to half b4 each rain to keep it refilling with fresh water. So far so good! here's the latest brood just last week! When they get big enough to start changing shape, growing arms, tails shrining.. that kinda thing.. it'll be time to start wilting some spinach to toss in. They love it. you just pop spinach from our garden in a bowl of water in microwave like i dunno 30 to 40 secs and let it cool. They suck on it till they eat it up tons hang off of each leaf. And at least using the garden spinach I'm not putting pesticides by mistake in water. They're pretty delicate to handling their water with lotion on or cleaners or stuff.

User Image  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:43 am
User Image

FURST BABBERS FROGLET OF 2023!!!!

The frog ponds have been crazy muddy this year so there hasn't been so much to show aside from a few pics of muddy water with a few tadpoles. Its because one big rain washed them into mudpuddles next to their ponds and i scooped em all back into pool but of course i scooped them along with the muddy water. They haven't seemed to mind though! i've given a lil wilted spinach but I need to give more. Especially since now Simba there is making it clear they're ready to start moving into the next very important phase of their baby lives!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:53 pm
oh to be a frog just vibing on a rock  

Phantasmal Thriller

Magical Friend

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:02 pm
Phantasmal Thriller
oh to be a frog just vibing on a rock

Howdy and right? He looks so wise like he's thinking deep thoughts but rly he's more like.. Woah... this is the not water?! rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:42 am
We got actual frogletts now! Just a couple I've seen so far but out of the tadpole stage. Some are still full tadpoles. Sadly some tadpoles never manage to go thru the change to become a froglett but they get as comfy a life as possible with food till things get too cold crying But the goal of froggies is to replace themselves just 2 froggies to survive from a mommy and daddy is the goal from what i understand so since we end up helping a few frog couples produce at least a couple dozen or more frogletts I think we're doing our part! here's the newest froglett!

User Image
User Image  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:42 am
Here's 2024 pic of one of the baby froglets from probably not last year but year b4 perhaps? might be last year though. when sitting he's only about 2 quarters long stretched out!

User Image  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff