Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Guild discussion. New and returner input welcome!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give us some ideas for what you'd like to see in the guild!
  More subforums! Plz post specifics if you have ideas!
  Thread based contests: trivia, dice, cards, etc
  Gaia based contests: events held in rallies, zomg, etc.
  Avatar based contests: dress up themes.
  Sticky threads with raffles for daily participation with different themes.
  Discord for the guild to stay in touch easier. Easily done if there's interest.
View Results

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:39 am
We've been back up and running a little more than a month now. With as small as gaia has become I've been happy to have a few new invites per week since we got going. I wanted to mention some of our features I've enjoyed in the past in our guild and encourage others to as well.

I see ppl starting to comment in old subforums bringing old posts to life with new posts. I'm fine with this as our old rule of necroing was if someone posted spam in a past thread not adding anything to it which is not whats happened. If old posts give you the desire to start a conversation I welcome it!

The manji's bar sticky in our general discussion is a rly great place to pop in everyday just to say hi and how your day is going. Its an easy place to catch eachother from day to day.

If you're brand new we have the introductions thread at the top of this general discussion forum so feel free to introduce yourself formally!

We have the how not to be a noob thread with alot of our guild rules and why we have them. Check it out sometime as its handy to know the history and rules and why things are the way they are here as we start to get going in a new time for the guild!

The recipe sticky also has alot of yummy new ideas and meal plans. I spend alot of time home cooking and meal prepping helping my brother recover from a heart attack a year ago. He's a picky eater and yet his blood work is normal a year later so feel free to ask me for meal ideas to make picky eaters eat a lil healthier! Add your own recipes too! They don't have to be healthy, ppl deserve treats too!

The comic thread was active back in the day but isn't anymore. This doesn't mean we can't have art and comics in it again. Should you choose to throw together some entertaining comics especially gaia related ones or arts feel free to throw em in here! We also have an art subforum as well though.

We have tons of subforums feel free to peruse or comment on any! I like poking my head into spamalot since ya don't have to worry about spam or double posting and its laid back. You'll see me in there daily lol.

We have a where's waldo prize thread in the spamalot with like 15k worth of where's waldo's sitting unsolved btw... if you're strapped for plat.. Manji's bar awards plat based on who's the top posters of certain pages too. There's the official bump thread in spamalot that has plat awards as well altho a lil more spaced out but get to bumping it could pay out.

I'm open to ideas for new events if anyone has ideas or things they'd like to see or try here! We have a gift ninja that leaves a ninja under a post when they choose to gift a random guildie after a post. We have a prize mule for the guild ready to serve us on contests or events but I've waited until we have a little more activity here and some ideas. So I welcome feedback! If no ideas are put forth then after a lil while longer I'll just throw something at the wall and see what sticks once we have just a lil more activity going. I'm sure we can come up with something fun!

Feel free to make new threads in the general discussion our only rule is it has to be discussion based and have a poll. If its a thread to just bump and spam you'd create it in spamalot subforum. Otherwise so long as it doesn't require double posting, spam or bumping and you want to start a conversation in the gd here feel free just add a poll! Even if the poll has no options that's ok!

Btw, we have a rule against double posting but for now while activity is rather slow day to day that rule is amended to be the following: If a thread that you commented last in hasn't received a comment in over a week, its ok to make a new post. If you have more to add to your comment and its been less than a week and you're the last post and don't want to double post please just edit the post, you can date the edit like I do. It'll help keep it neat and it allows updates to a conversation should you have more to add and want it to show as having new content as it will highlight after receiving the new post.

I'm leaning toward perhaps making a discord for the guild as well as it is the 2020's. I run a couple for mmo's so I could take care of one for fg4pg and maybe have us all be in touch easier if enough are interested! This could open up the possibility of games outside of gaia but with gaia prizes for winners such as the jackbox party games which require only that you can hear discord and have a cell to play at no charge to participants. Different game nights where guildies could meet up and could always work gaia prizes into the mix.

I'm already coming up with more ideas and wanted to mention one I've done on another game in the past. Its the price is right style contests where we show items and have ppl guess the closest price to win that item. I'm unsure if that'd work as its so easy to look up items on gaia but we could go on the honor system and give it a try sometime!

Anyway. I know that was alot to read through so thanks if you made it this far! rofl Nice to meet all you new ppl and ppl who have poked their heads back in after seeing we weren't dead anymore! I'm on daily if you message me or need something I will see it day to day. I look forward to meeting the new folks and seeing the old folks again as they come around!

So gimme input and ideas!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 3:37 am
I really missed the role playing part about gaia. I'm kinda sad to see how dead that subforum is.  

Fargons_Dark_Garden

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 1:58 pm
Fargons_Dark_Garden
I really missed the role playing part about gaia. I'm kinda sad to see how dead that subforum is.

Ya most days its just one or two of us around. The good ole days crying . bout the only role playing I been doing is the drink ordering and so far that's just been serving myself in manji's bar lol. Altho tbh i havent done much rping b4. maybe tiny bits waving and being cute on my lalafell on ff14. But would still be neat to see that get some ppl into it again!  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games