Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Arden ~ Scotland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 4:39 pm
Arden, Scotland

User Image

Arden is a small township near Glasgow. Not too many people live in the farming community, as they much prefer the big city. Arden has several little shops, though they often make due with the barter system for locals. Arden is surrounded by forest, farmland, and the ocean. The two most prominent professions in Arden are fishermen and farmers. There is a big highway past Arden leading to the city.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Arden Grocery Shop
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Shopping for Pa
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Not these guys...

Tàm was glad to be back home over the summer, safely with Pa and Áedán. Sure, school was perfectly lovely, but it wasn't anywhere near as cozy and safe as home. Plus, Hogwarts didn't have any coos! That morning over breakfast, Pa had given the boys a bit of money to fetch some groceries from town. He even gave them a little extra so they could get some nice snacks. Áedán seemed excited for the walk, so Tàm tried to be excited as well, but honestly a miles-long walk would be hard for him.

Grabbing his backpack, some water bottles, snacks, and a pop seat, the duo headed out toward Arden proper. The fastest route involved walking through all the coos, which Tàm greeted by name, then they hopped on the path toward town. As they walked, the brunette couldn't help but feel guilty that their trek was taking so much longer than it would without him. Luckily, Áedán never once complained, even as Tàm needed small breaks from the pain in his hip.

Finally, the duo made it to town, headed for the grocery shop. Tàm pulled their small list from his pocket and grabbed a handcart to begin. "Good tink Pa doesn't need an'think heavy or our wak 'ome would be torture." He cracked a bright grin, setting a satchel of herbs in the basket. Looking around, he noticed a few of the boys that had been in primary with Tàm before Pa pulled him out. They used to torment him for his circumstances. The boy ducked his head a bit, using his free hand to pull his other arm closer, nearly curling in on himself. Hopefully they wouldn't notice him...

"Oi, look who it is! Little Firebug, inn'e?"

So much for that hope.

{{Wearing :: comfy clothes and a bucket hat}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          TrickBlues
          Áedán

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:06 pm
User Image
Right now, I know that if I go, nothing will change
Yes, without delay the world will spin on either way
“In that case, it’s okay,” So I want to say
But I’m void of a voice for a phrase so fake
I’m afraid, ‘cause I’d want to be missed
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Halfblood | Third Year Slytherin | Thirteen Years Old
Apprentice Blacksmith | Art Club Frequenter | Creature Appreciation Club
Early Summer 2059 Arden Grocery Shop With: Tàm
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: "I dinnae like the looks of this."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

It was good to be home. By now Áedán was well used to his dorm in the dungeons beneath the lake. It wasn’t as suffocating as it had been his first year, and his roommates were fine. He enjoyed his daily life at Hogwarts with his studies, his friends, and still so much to explore, but it couldn’t hold a candle to the life he’s built in Arden. Every trip home is a breath of fresh air. He can see the blue skies any time he wants, can run off into the forest whenever he feels the need. In Arden there’s Master Aonghus, whose kindness and patience inspires Áedán to prove he’s as worthy as he makes him feel. And though here he’s only got one roommate, Tàmhas is easily the favorite of all of them. There was no need for Áedán to keep his guard up with the Ghobhainns like he did at Hogwarts or his old home. With them, he could dare to relax… But why would he, when there’s so much work to be done? Whether smithing or otherwise, Áedán never turned down a request from his master. During breakfast that morning, Master Aonghus asked the boys to pick up some groceries. Áedán was glad for the opportunity to stretch his legs and see what the town had been up to the last few months, but for Tàmhas it was never quite that simple. Not that he minded one bit.

The quickest route meant cutting through the pasture behind the forge. For Tàm, the shortcut never had any issues. The cows were sweet and gentle as they grazed and occasionally moo’d in response to Tàm’s hellos. One of the youngest, Sunshine, was especially playful however. While she relished the affection from Tàm and was mindful not to play rough with him, Áedán was more able-bodied. He could run. So Sunshine had a tendency to charge at him when she wanted her pets, which meant Áedán often had to book it. The call rang out as they were nearing the other side, and with a string of curses, Áedán ran for it. He managed to skid underneath the wood planks of the fence just as Sunshine came to a halt with an indignant whine on the other side.

“You’re aff tae be the death of me one of these days, you know that?” The redhead chided as he stood straight, only for the cow to nudge his chest with her snout and force a small laugh out of him. “Pfft!” He reached up and gave her the requested pets, scratching behind her ears while he waited for Tàm to catch up. “Aye, aye, you’re cute. Is that all you want tae hear? It doesn't make you any less of a menace.”

They eventually made their way to town, not a single complaint leaving Áedán’s lips anytime Tàm needed a break. Sure it was slower than if he’d gone by himself, but the smaller boy toughed it the best he could, and Áedán found these errands much more enjoyable with his company. Once they were in the grocery, Áedán walked beside Tàm as he pushed the cart and peaked over his shoulder at the list of ingredients. “That so? Maybe we ought tae start luggin’ the mallets ‘long with us. Train those arms for when Master Aonghus needs us tae haul back the whole shop.” He teased with a wry smirk while he poked Tàm in the arm.

He thought Tàm knew he was only joking, but quickly that bright smile fell as he shrank in on himself. His stomach suddenly felt like it was being tied in knots. “Um, Tàm? I was just…”

“Oi, look who it is! Little Firebug, inn’e?”

Áedán’s head shot over his shoulder towards the source of the voice. There were a few boys he recognized from primary school. Judging by Tàm’s reaction, he seemed to know them too. He took a step back as he turned towards the boys, his hand firmly on his friend’s shoulder. “What do y’ill want, Dowie?” He asked flatly. “We’re busy.”

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

I’m just an outcast trying to pass for someone strong
                                                              Nothing but a coward with a hated person’s song
                                                              As I write from my mind, all my wonders burst in colors
                                                              Reaching out to be...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:27 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán and some Lunkheads
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Please let Pa walk in right now...

Tàm had been happing a great day. From watching Aedan have to outrun the coos, to getting some love from Sunshine. It was always funny that the coos had realized Áedán was actually able to run, so they loved chasing him. Mostly because Pa had taught them never to chase after Tàm, and they never dared to chase after Pa. So when they found someone they could chase, it was game on. Luckily, the redhead never seemed to mind the sudden burst of cardio, and always ended giving the coos a snuggle.

On their long walk, Tàm felt a little bad every time they had to stop due to his own discomfort. The brunette had never once heard his pal complain, or at least, never from pain. He worked all day in the forges, did whatever odd tasks Pa had for them, and everything in between, but he'd never once complained. Even Tàm, who had grown up working in the forge, had to complain of pain sometimes. So either Áedán had the highest pain tolerance ever, or he was just... complacent about his own pain. Then again, he also always seemed to know when Tam needed the extra grace. Or perhaps he just figured walking with a bonus leg was uncomfortable... which it was.

Once they had made it to the grocery shop, Tàm grabbed the cart to lean on while they walked about the little store. Áedán made a silly comment about carrying , but upon spotting Stuart Dowie, he shrank down, trying to avoid being seen by the older teen or his cronies. Unfortunately, this made Áedán think Tàm was upset with him. Before Tàm could correct his friend, stupid Stuart spoke up, calling the smaller brunette by his dreaded childhood nickname.

Luckily, for once, Tàm heard someone standing up for him. He looked over, spotting Áedán stepping forward, as if to deflect attention away from the smaller teen. Tàm put his hand up on his pal's arm, letting the redhead hold him back a bit. "Och, shut yer arse, MacInnes. We all 'eard about your life too. Makes sense the Firebug would find ye to protec' him when his daddy ent here." Dowie laughed, causing his band of thugs to laugh along with him. While they did, Tàm curled in, trying to make himself small (well, smaller).

"Heh! Cannae shrink down anymore, Teeny. Keep treyin' though. Maybe you'll vanish! Eh! Ye ent growed since you wes bern." Another one, Hamish Ranald spoke up. He'd never exactly been prized for his brain power, but he was a heck of a rugby player, even at his fairly young age. Tàm sighed softly, looking over at Áedán. "We kin juist gang. Pa wull ken, richt? he kens... A' o' this. Please, dinnae git in a coup." His voice was a hushed whisper, but one with pleading involved. He hated seeing people fight, and he just happened to know that most of these boys played rugby and were aggressive... and super strong. Plus there was that one time they'd put him in a tree and left him in a storm... But they were right. Usually Pa came to the rescue, but he wasn't here. And Tàm was terrified of Áedán getting in a tumble over something silly.

{{Tam 1 - "We can just go. Pa will understand, right? He knows... all of this. Please, don't get in a tumble."}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          TrickBlues
          Áedán

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:27 pm
User Image
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Early Summer 2059 Arden Grocery Shop With: Tàm and some bampots
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: Standing his ground.

Áedán had little patience when it came to people’s idiocracy. Stuart Dowie and his goons may have been bigger than them, but that meant nothing here. What were they going to do, really? Start a brawl in the middle of the store? Arden didn’t have much to offer; getting banned here by Mister Cunningham would do them much more harm than good. All they had were their belittling words, and though they’ve managed to rattle Tàm, Áedán wasn’t impressed.

Dowie told him to shut up, to which he responded with a roll of his eyes. Oh, he was so scared. So, so scared. Hamish Ranald piped in, and at that, Tàm quietly pleaded with Áedán to leave. Blue eyes glanced back at him, brow furrowed with a frown. He understood why Tàm wouldn’t want him to get into a confrontation, but he couldn’t just leave it at this, either. Tàmhas had every right to go about his life without being harassed for something so obviously out of his control.

Áedán didn’t think he had ever once denied Tàm since they met, but there was a first time for everything. “Dinnae be scared,” he muttered, “You’re tougher than every single one of these bampots.” It was an indisputable fact.

He let go of Tàm then, crossing his arms as he addressed Ranald. “Slagging a guy’s height is all you’ve got? That’s so creative, I would have never thought of it! Good for you. His expression was level, his tone mocking. “Let me guess the next bit: Tease wee Tàm over having been in a fire. Because you really dae think that a bairn could cause all that, dinnae you? How embarrassing for you that you’ve only got that one brain cell floating around in that muckle head of yours. Bet your Mum’s so proud.”

A step forward and Áedán was head to head with Dowie. He may have been bigger, but there was no trace of fear coming from Áedán. He was solid as oak as he challenged them with a sneer. “Well, since you lot are so keen on shooting your shots today: You’ve heard all about my life, have you?” He smiled, “Out with it then; what’ve you got? Hope it’s good, because so far, I’m gettin’ scunnert. C'moan–make me cry.”

OOC:
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

Reaching out to be...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán and Mister Cunningham
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I know some good people

Tàm looked at his pal with worry when Áedán simply told him not to be scared. Apparently the redhead thought Tàm was tougher than the whole lot (which the shorter boy doubted... a lot). Tàm had spent way too many years being tormented by these very boys. Usually, he was out and about with Pa, but since Áedán moved in, Pa trusted the two boys together. Now though, that trust would be tested. Tàm sighed softly as his pal walked closer, shaking his head a bit and thinking that he should brace himself to be thrown somewhere.

The boys, however, didn't seem fazed by Áedán's stepping closer. In fact, Stuart laughed about it. Áedán scolded Renald for laughing about Tàm's not-so-tall height, by quickly teasing him about his own intelligence. He even predicted their next words, before cementing his previous fact. They were dumb teenagers. Tàm had to stifle a small laugh, even though he was still quite scared. When Áedán asked them to speak ill of himself, some of the other boys stepped back a bit. Not Stuart. Probably because he was too dumb to realize that Áedán was mad. Or he enjoyed it.... either way.

"Oye. We got lots. 'Ow bout yer brother get'in caught in the woods? Eh? Caught in a bear trap's what I 'eard. How dumb ye gotta be to step in a trap? Or that ye moved in with Firebug there 'cause no ene else wants ye. Bet he still pisses 'is pants, ey?" The boys all laughed, especially when the petite brunette looked nervously down at the ground. Of course, they read his expression as shame. "Why d'ye hang out with losers, boy? Ye could be a cool guy, but not wit' him. He's cursed, don't ye ken?" A smirk on Stuart's face, the tall (and vaguely brick-shaped) teen offering an invitation of some sort.

While Tàm was sure Áedán wouldn't agree, he did have a momentary worry about losing his pal. "Don't ferget, MacInnes' dad kelt 'imself too. Maybe we 'ave a firebug and a def magnet!" Hamish laughed, his weird barking honk filling the room. Mister Cunningham looked over from the desk, grabbing his cane in case he'd need to walk over and put an end to nonsense. There were few people in town the man truly worried about, and they were his own daughters.... and Tàmhas Ghobhainn. He'd grown up with Neacel Ghobhainn, and they'd always been close. Neacel got married young and only had one son, who grew up buck wild before moving home and becoming a pillar of the community. Plus, he wasn't stupid. He knew that the poor baby hadn't caused anything near a fire. Plus, he'd been in the clinic the night Aonghus had brought the tiny boy in. It had been a horrific sight indeed. Then again, he knew of the MacInnes family, and if young Áedán was anything like his brother, he'd grow to be a fine young man, especially under the tutelage of Aonghus Ghobhainn. "How come dinnae ye wee jimmies gang oan 'n' lea. Unless ye hae some messages tae dae, yi''ll need tae fin' somewhere else tae be."

Tàm looked over at the elderly shopkeep, who had started a walk over to the group. He put a hand on the shoulders of Tàm and Áedán, making sure they knew they were both still welcome in his grocery. The small brunette sent over a nod and a thankful smile, while the boys grumbled about for a moment or two before finally leaving the shop. "Ta sur. Ye'r aye a hulp." Tàm grinned up at the older man, who simply sent back a wink. "C'moan, Áedán. We hae some messages tae finish. 'n' ta. Nae mony fowk wid staun up fur me. Mister Cunningham's fowk haes kent mines th' hail wey back." With the man back at his post by the till, Tàm held out the shopping list so they both could see. He also gave Áedán a little side hug, hoping he could convey all his feelings in the gesture.

{{Mister Cunningham 1 - "Why don't you boys go on and leave. Unless you have some shopping to do, you need to find somewhere else to be."
          Tam 1 - "Thank you sir. You're always a help."
          Tam 2 - "Come on, Áedán. We have some shopping to finish. And thank you. Not many people would stand up for me. Mister Cunningham's family has known mine the whole way back."}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          TrickBlues
          Áedán

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:59 pm
User Image
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Early Summer 2059 Arden Grocery Shop With: Tàm and some bampots
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: Standing his ground.

As his challenge was issued, a couple of the blokes stepped back. ‘Guess they’ve got some brain cells after all,’ he thought to himself, eyes steady on Stuart who refused to budge. He wasn’t sure if it was because he refused to back down that made the others hesitate, or because one of them noticed the knife sheath strapped to his belt. It wasn’t like he planned to ever use it on a person, but Áedán wasn’t above brandishing it for the intimidation factor should things start to escalate.

Stuart let him have it as requested, going straight for his brother. ‘A bear trap?’ That was the latest rumor? What a joke. As if Rowan MacInnes would ever find himself left for dead in a heap of metal. It almost made him want to laugh. The next hardly bothered him either. There had been a time Áedán believed that he was unwanted in the world, but since Hogwarts? Since Tàm, and Master Aonghus, and all the friends he made? He knew he wasn’t alone anymore. One more shot at Tàmhas that had Áedán raise a brow, and then… Was that some sort of invitation?

“Nae interested.” He shut that down without a second’s thought. “Speaking of pissing breeks, it’s funny you should mention that. Last I talked tae your sis, you were still pissin’ the kip yourself.” It had been since the last Summer that Áedán last spoke with Alisa Dowie from the theater, who relayed the tail of the newest Gremlins remake scaring her baby brother shitless. He wouldn’t have ever said anything before, but since they were spewing lies, Áedán figured he may as well shed some truths. “Out of the rubber sheets yet, Stuart? You ken, there’s nae pity in it. I think we were all a little scared of those furbies. Aye, lads?”

If the snide remark about his father’s suicide bothered him, he didn’t let it show. Áedán wasn’t at all surprised at the maturity level of these idiots–dead parents were always so hilarious until it happened to them. A death magnet… They might have been on to something, if it weren’t for the fact Rowan was fine. He just didn’t want him, was all.

Before matters could escalate, Mister Cunningham stepped in to put a stop to it. Áedán was quiet, a small “Thank you, Sir. Sorry for the trouble,” echoing after Tàm’s thanks. The two were left to their own devices again and continued down the list as normal. When Tàmhas hugged him, Áedán’s arm slung around smaller shoulders and pulled him close.

“I meant what I said earlier.” He clarified his words from earlier, “You’ve been through more than any of them, and you’re still here. You’re still standing, you’re still pressing forward, and you’re daeing it all with a smile. Dinnae let any of them make you feel less than, got it?” Áedán let go and shot him a faint smile before continuing on down the aisle. “You’re stronger than me, in any case.”

“Hello, wee jimmies. All right today?” Asked Miss Gracie from the register. She was short and portly, and Áedán always thought she was kind, though often a touch too nosey for her own good.

“All right, Miss Gracie.” He handed over the supplies while he let Tàm count out the money Master Aonghus gave them. She flashed a friendly smile and went about her business quietly, to which he was thankful, until…

“Áedán, whit they jimmies said, aboot Rowan…”

A deep exhale through the nose. ‘Here we go…’ He knew what she was getting at. “He’s fine. Up in the Cairngorms.”

“Ah see. That’s a relief tae hear.” He quietly hoped she would leave it at that, but she just had to pry further. “Hae ye… Heard fae him, lately?”

“Why would I have?” His words fell flat as he reigned in the surge of his temper wanting to flare.

She handed the receipt over to Tàm, a hand on her face in worry. “Oh, well I just–”

“Have a nice day, Miss Gracie.” Áedán took the bags and left without another word.

Áedán was quiet for the first stretch of the walk back. It was only when Tàm asked for a break that he knelt, offering for the smaller boy to climb on. Piggyback rides never bothered him. Tàm was light, and he could help hold on to the bags easier if Áedán was acting as his legs. He let Tàm hold a bag in each hand while he tucked his arms under the other’s thighs and continued the trek. After a few minutes longer, Áedán piped up again, his sullen voice just above a whisper.

“Sometimes… This place really pisses me off.”

OOC:
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

Reaching out to be...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Arden - Path Home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Piggyback Ride!!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He's such a sweet lad

Tàm tried his best to hide his giggle as Áedán commented on Stuart's bladder-holding abilities. He had to admit, watching his childhood bully get all blushy and embarrassed was pretty funny... especially since his friends were laughing at him too. Tàm wiped his eyes on his shirtsleeves, not even fully aware his eyes had been teary. The brunette watched his pal rile up Stuart again, his teeth gnashing and hands curling into fists. Just as Tàm had been worried about a fight, all had ended peacefully. Thanks so much to the few nice people in town.

When Tàm gave Áedán a hug, the shorter boy was surprised by his pal's words. He really thought Tàm had been through more than everyone? And that his smile was good? He was about to ask, when the redhead's final words gave him pause. “You’re stronger than me, in any case.” Tàm looked up at his friend, who was already looking over a few different types of veggies. He felt his cheeks heat up, but he didn't mind. After all, having some color was probably good with his pale skin.

"Guid efternoon, Miss Gracie." Tàmhas greeted, even though the older woman seemed to have her sights set on the redhead. She immediately asked about Rowan, and green eyes looked over at the taller teen. He seemed cool as ever (seriously, how was he always so cool, even in the forge?!), simply answering that his brother had moved off to the Cairngorms. Tàm had been there before, and if indeed Rowan lived there, it was probably a cool place. Miss Gracie quickly tried to get more information, probably for her gossip sessions, but with expertise, it was shut down. Tàm handed over the money, and was given back the receipt. With a small wave, he took a couple of the bags and started outside. At least it wasn't too terribly hot today.

The duo started their walk back to the farm in relative quiet, Tàm thinking that his pal probably needed a moment to clear his head. Luckily, it seemed like the teenagers had gone off somewhere else, which was good. They managed to walk for twenty or so minutes, but Tàm was slowing down. Between carrying the groceries and his normally slow gait, he was running out of steam. As he set down the bags for a moment of rest, Áedán seemed to have another idea. He crouched down a moment, then offered a piggyback ride. "Urr ye sure? Aah dinnae wantae weigh ye doon!" After an assurance, Tàm indeed climbed up, then he was passed up a few bags to hold.

Tàm held on, his good leg moving carefully to wrap a bit more around him. He trusted Áedán 100%, but no one exactly had Pa's mighty strength. For now though, it was pretty cool to be taller than his pal. It wasn't until the redhead spoke that the smaller one felt any need to speak his thoughts. "Aye, ah gree. This toun is whiles tairible, bit thare ur some bonnie fowk 'ere tae. Ah dinnae think a'd lik' it anywhere else. Kin ye jalouse, us in a muckle toon? We'd gang mad! plus, we need a hame fur th' coos!" Tàm laughed, his merry feelings already back in full flight, even if he was still a little winded. The brunette shifted a bit, laying his cheek in Áedán's soft, red hair. Green eyes watched the trees, wondering what was going on with the birds, squirrels, and everything else that called Arden home.

{{"Yes, I agree. This town is sometimes terrible, but there are some lovely people here too. I don't think I'd like it anywhere else. Can you imagine, us in a big city? We'd go mad! Plus, we need a home for the cows!"}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          TrickBlues
          Áedán

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:31 pm
User Image
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Early Summer 2059 Arden - Path Home With: Tàm
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: "What... Am I supposed to do about this?"

The walk was surprisingly peaceful. Áedán half expected that Dowie and his goons would be waiting for them outside, but they were nowhere to be found. They must have decided they had better things to do than gang up on them, and for that, he was grateful. After all, if Áedán was going to do his master proud, he had to behave accordingly.

It was funny that a year ago he could only carry Tàm so far. Though they were both stronger--and heavier--from their hours in the forge, Áedán found it wasn't bad at all. He was no Master Aonghus, but he felt confident he could make it at least half of the walk home if not further before Tàm would have to finish it out with him.

The redhead didn't realize he had spoken his thoughts out loud until they were suddenly answered. At least he wasn't alone in being upset, but Tàmhas was so quick to let his anger go, focused instead on the good their little town had to offer. It was nothing short of admirable. Áedán sighed, nodding quietly in agreement. Though there were some major nuisances, overall, Tàm was probably right that the people of Arden could be good. He couldn't imagine living anywhere else either.

A small chuckle came from Áedán at the thought of living in the city. "Ugh, you're right." He admitted. "All that cement? No stars? Pass." A further hum of agreement at the mention of their cows. No Sunshine to chase him down? How would he ever survive?

Áedán readjusted himself as Tàm did so not to lose balance. He felt the boy sink further against him and the tickle of dark hair as he rested his head atop his. His face suddenly felt hot, but the sun hadn't peeked out from the clouds yet to grace them with the early Summer's heat. The knots tying in his stomach were a familiar sensation, one that Áedán had been growing more accustomed to these days. It happened at the strangest of times, like when Tàm laughed at a particularly silly joke in the middle of class, or when the fire sparked off the rings of gold in those focused green eyes as he quenched a blade, or when he was so proud to present his latest work from the forge. The heat of a bonfire reflecting the warmth of his smile when Áedán sang for him. That unwavering kindness towards those who didn't deserve it like himself. Áedán frowned as he thought those times over, his cheeks only growing warmer, silently so glad that Tàmhas couldn't see him from up on his back. 'It's always because of him, isn't it...?'

OOC:
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

Reaching out to be...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:53 am
User Image
I sit and watch now with new eyes, for the green side
Lose myself, sink into your sunlight
Breath in the breeze like a sweet sigh
Keep me tongue-tied
If this lasts forever, I'll be just fine
Oh, I'll be just fine

User Image

Halfblood | Fourth Year Slytherin | Fifteen Years Old
Apprentice Blacksmith | Art Club | Creature Appreciation Club | Quidditch Announcer
December 29, 2060 A few hours hike from Arden, towards the Cairngorms With: Alone, right...?
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: "Nae like this..."

“I’m gaun out!” Áedán called into the forge through the sounds of clashing metal late that morning, bow in hand. His latest blade was finished late the night before, though he still wasn’t satisfied with it. It was his hope some time alone in the wilderness would allow him to clear his head and come back fresh to try again. North he ventured, with the intent of eventually moving west towards one of his favorite spots.

North he continued, lost in thoughts of the winters and summers before. Then further still. Áedán hadn’t actually realized just how far off track he’d taken himself until the first time his radio went off; just Tàm checking in. Would he be home for lunch? Áedán looked towards the sun, then his compass. He’d been hiking for at least an hour already, and from the looks of it, in the direction of the Cairngorms. Thinking of the years passed since his brother’s abandonment seemed to be guiding Aedan right towards him. Maybe it was finally time to confront him after all? The trip would probably take him a day or two, depending on how long he kept moving. He knew the way. Áedán had been studying the map for the most efficient route any time he entertained the thought since living with the Ghobhainns.

“Nae, I’m tae far out. Dinnae wait up.” He spoke into the radio, decision made. “Looks like I’m making a trip tae the Cairngorms. Tell Master Aonghus and Maggey I’ll be back in… Four, maybe five days.” It would take a chunk of the break, sure, but he’d be home in time for the train back to Hogwarts. He waited for Tàm to talk, a small smile on his lips as he stepped onto an old log in his path and hopped off the other side. “I’ll be fine. There’s just something I need tae take care of.” It was easy to guess what. There would be no other reason Áedán would venture so far out on his own. “I just… Need tae see him, that’s all. You’ll be okay without me a while, won’t you?” After all, it would only be a few days. It was a good thing he managed to sneak a kiss from his boyfriend for the road.

“Aye. I’ll be careful.” Áedán promised him, “I’ll check in in a few hours. I love you.”

The hike was uneventful. Cold, mostly, but that was fine. It wasn’t like he was completely unprepared. Master Aonghus never let him leave without being prepared for the weather. He had his backpack, and a couple days’ worth of provisions, just in case he was to ever find himself snowed into a cave should the weather take a turn for the worst. Still he’d probably need to stop in a town on the way for additional supplies given how long the trip would take him. It would be better to do so while he had the opportunity than to run out and not be able to find anywhere to replenish. Further into the afternoon, Áedán found a road at the foot of a hill. He saw a car or two pass as he neared, but it didn’t seem busy for the time of day. While he didn’t like to take the roads, he knew this was the quickest way to reach his destination. Alternatively, he’d have to go around, and that would set him back the better part of a day. Plus, if he took the road, he was sure to find someplace to stock up on provisions.

So on the road and up the hill he went. As he continued, he kept close to the outer edge of the street rather than walk against traffic. The side going down was bordered by a steeper slope and the occasional curve, making a dangerous blind spot for any pedestrians. Around three-thirty, as the sun began to set to dusk, Áedán dug through his bag for his flashlight. Upon finding it, he clicked it on to test the battery, then shined the light briefly off the side of the road beyond the guardrail with a low whistle. It was getting to be rather high up, and with all those trees, he’d hate to imagine being in a vehicle and tumbling down there. That wouldn’t be pretty. It occurred to Áedán that it would have been safer to make the trip during the Summer, when the days were longer. After all, December nights in Scotland were absurdly long. He’d feel much better once he was on more even footing. The pavement was slick in spots from the recent snow, so he had to be careful where he stepped.

Rounding what he thought should be the final curb, he heard the screech of tires skidding on pavement before anything else. There was too little time to react as the vehicle spun out towards the guard rail. There was a crash, an explosion of pain when metal slammed into him. The light flung from his hand and out onto the street as he was thrown into the darkening treeline. Vision black, flashes of bark and rock and snow as the boy tumbled down the hill. The snap of twigs–or was that bone?–through the brush, moments that felt ceaseless until finally finding an end as his side slammed against something cold and solid. Then silence.

When he opened his eyes he saw an endless sea of branches stretched towards the moon–moons?–in the sky. They melded back together, before stretching apart again, as if they couldn’t decide whether to be separate or one. Idly he noted a ringing in his ears, then something wet sliding down his forehead that forced an eye closed. One moon, still blurry, but more tangible. His head dropped to his left, where he could make out the steady rise of a hill. He was up there before, wasn’t he? To his right was harder, having to stretch his neck further to make up for the lack of vision. The thing that stopped him looked hard and black, like a tire. Attached was a dented bumper belonging to rusty pickup. Though the light was dim, the baby blue paint felt oddly familiar. The busted headlight, not so much.

As the ringing began to fade, Áedán’s senses started to return to him. He could hear the sound of the winter breeze rustling the trees, interrupted only by the shake of his own ragged breaths that brought a sharp sting through his right side with every inhale. He could feel his right leg just fine, but the dull flames licking down his left were stronger by the second, starting from his lower abdomen. Or maybe that was his hip. He didn’t know, nor did he care; it hurt like a b***h either way. A hand managed to find its way to his blinded eye. Though the eye itself felt fine, the contact left a stinging sensation from his forehead that leaked something wet and vaguely sticky. ‘Blood,’ was his first thought as he blearily observed his hand. ‘That can’ good…’ He could hardly even think straight. It was only by instinct that Áedán managed to roll to his side with a wet choke of pain at the pressure now put on his left side. Despite the crunch of snow, beneath him felt warm and wet, as if the ground was slowly melting out from under him into a deep red puddle. Something in the back of his mind told him that wasn’t a good sign. He needed to get up. He needed to radio in. A pat at his pocket only sent a dull ache through his body. Where was it? He looked up. The radio was close, at least, though it sat in the snow just out of reach. It was closer to the skeleton’s reach than it was his. How annoying.

‘...Wait.’

Áedán did a double take to the left of the talkie. A blue eye met the hollow sockets of a skull, half buried in the snow. His heart leapt to his throat and his body recoiled in alarm.

“s**t–!”

A stab in his lung from the sudden movement sent him into a fit of wet coughs. He struggled for air, blood spurting from his lips contrasting against pure white beneath him. ‘No,’ It felt like he was slowly drowning both from the liquid leaking into his lungs and from the realization he may very well be joining that pile of bones in a frozen grave soon enough. ‘No–’

His arm couldn’t continue supporting him, forcing him to drop back to his side with eyes tightly shut and a hiss of pain. He couldn’t push forward if he tried, could he?

This was wrong. This was all so wrong.

“No.” He whimpered as tears mixed with blood and dripped into the snow. No, I dinnae want to–” Wheeze. Cough. ‘I dinnae wantae die like this…!’

All he wanted was to find his dumb brother. Now, all he wanted was his father. Not the one who left him for a noose and a tree, but the one who took him in from the woods as one of his own. Now, barely three years later, Aedan was left to die alone in those same woods. He was facing the same fate he probably would have met had Master Aonghus never came for him in the first place. Back then, Áedán wouldn’t have minded if that happened. Now, his heart ached to be home with the family that saved him. It seemed so much so that he could almost hear his master call his name. He could almost feel his presence rushing towards him, could almost feel the warm, gloved hand against his freezing form. When he opened his eyes, he was sure he was hallucinating the man knelt in front of him. “Mas… Aon…” It was too difficult to get the words out in one breath. Pa, I… m’ sorry…”

Áedán could barely make out the words he was saying, but they felt warm. Comforting. He felt a little lighter listening to him. As the edge of his vision darkened, he noticed a set of legs standing behind Aonghus, with a second beside them. Hazy blue drifted from the man to behind him, and Áedán was certain he was imagining it all. He had to be. Why else would his mother be looking down at him with such mournful eyes?

The second figure crouched beside Aonghus. After three long years, his brother was finally in front of him. Rowan’s smile was sad, but fond, just like it was every time the brothers made up from a fight. “Sorry, wee brother,” His voice was just as Áedán remembered. It sounded solid and clear, like the ring of a chime, unlike Aonghus that seemed muffled in comparison. “It’s aboot time tae come hame now.”

The pain was gone now, as was the cold. The last sensation he felt was that of his brother’s fingers combing through his hair, gently lulling him to sleep. With the barest shake of his head, Áedán mumbled, “No…” He wasn’t ready to go yet. His unsteady gaze fell back on his father, who faded into darkness despite his plea. ‘Let go…?’ He thought Aonghus said, but… “I dinnae… want to…”

Áedán MacInnes closed his eyes for the last time, and slipped into nothingness.

OOC:
                                                              One last post for the road. Obviously we end with death. Byeeeeeeeee
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

You are the rustling of leaves
                                                              And you are that honeysuckle breeze
                                                              You are the sunlight, shine on to me
                                                              Shine on to me, shine on to me

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:12 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Woods between Arden and the Cairngorms
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán, my son
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Tearful Goodbyes
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'll hold him in my heart for all my days

It had been nearly an hour since Áedán had radioed in, telling Tàmhas that his new plan involved a 4-5 day hike to the cairngorms and back. When Aonghus had been told this news by an anxious Tàmhas, he grew a bit concerned, but ultimately, he trusted Áedán to handle himself. Besides, he had a radio with him, plus more than enough supplies. If anyone could survive out there, it was Áedán MacInnes. In effort to try and distract people, Maggey made a little lunch of baked potatoes and sausages, though the brunette seemed more worried than he was hungry. Even after lunch, Tàmhas paced around the living room, always within a few steps of the radio.

"He said he'd check in in a tae hours. Shouldn't that be aboot noo? Dae ye think he git distracted somehow? Forordinar a'm his distraction! Shuid ah ca' him this time!?" Aonghus looked over at his son, prepared to tell the worried teen to hold off, that they'd get the call shortly. It was then Maggey walked out with her cell in hand, noting that a huge snowstorm was about to drop on Arden, headed north. With a heavy sigh, Aonghus said he would go out after Áedán in the truck, hoping to catch him before he got stuck camping in snow taller than he was. He grabbed his pack as well, just in case, then stomped out in his heavy snow boots to the truck.

Aonghus knew Tàmhas would remain at the radio controls, probably up until all four members of the family were returned safe and sound with a big mug of cocoa in their bellies. Maggey had claimed the satellite radio with GPS, prepared to either send help or to possibly drive the car over to the others. After all, she was the only one able to cast magic without risking jail time. The man let out a heavy exhale as the truck started up, then he headed his way toward the Cairngorms. Hopefully Áedán would be somewhere visible from the road... If he wasn't, well, this truck might be more a hinderance than a help. If nothing else, Aonghus had hiked with the younger redhead more than once, and could do a decent estimation on where he might be, should he be following a traditional path.

As he drove up on the dangerous part of the road, Aonghus slowed, knowing the road often seemed to ice over on those sharp turns. It was really one that the road teams should keep perpetually salted in the winter, since the blind curves gave way to a steep drop on one side. The truck skidded a bit, slowing the man down another kip. On the other side of the road seemed to be a single, flickering light. Almost like the beam of a torch... how odd. It was then that he noticed dark skid marks in the asphalt leading to damage on the guard rail.... and wait.

Aonghus fully stopped, flicking his hazard lights on before stepping out of the truck. There was certainly damage, but animal or human he couldn't tell. Whatever it was had been hit hard, then thrown over the side. Somewhere deep within, a worried pain gnawed at the man. He drove forward, before turning around to tuck the truck at the closer end of the wooded valley to where the accident had been. No matter what... or who... had been hit, they deserved at least an investigation! Once the truck was safe, he shoved the keys in his pocket then took off, walking at a fast clip through the drifting snow.

When he heard a sound, an almost coughing sort, Aonghus sped up, now at a very careful run. Whatever was hit seemed to be still alive. Pushing branches from his face, dark eyes noticed the one person he'd hoped never to see in such a situation. He lifted the camp radio and spoke with a rather serious tone.

”Mags, come in. Fin' th' cords. Send a' body.” His words were curt and tense, followed by a ton of staticky babble from Tàmhas panicking. Aonghus didn’t respond. He couldn’t. Not when he was needed here. Kneeling down into the scarlet-hued snow, Aonghus reached a hand out to hold the damaged hand of the teen before him. He had a pulse, but between the snow and the extensive damage, it was very nearly faded out. ”Áedán! Dear laddie, shh... A'm 'ere. A'm 'ere fur ye, mah son. Juist let yersel' relax, okay? Hulp is oan th' wey, 'n' a'm 'ere. Ah'ament aff tae let ye gang.”

No, I dinnae want to–”

Tears sprang to the sapphire eyes. His boy, his son was in so much pain. His face marred from the collision, bones broken and body bruised and beaten. "Na, na... Áedán... Ye dinnae hae tae gang! We'll... We'll.... He looked around helplessly for the medical kit. All his experience and training was failing him. “Mas… Aon…” Aonghus struggled to free himself from his gloves, trying to hold the boy close one more time. Somewhere in his heart told him they were already on far borrowed moments. And then...

"Pa, I… m’ sorry…”

He used his free hand to gently brush the boy’s messy hair from his eyes, then lovingly cradled his face. Somewhere he heard the staticky voice of his son begging for information, and Aonghus knew he had a few more words to say. ”Ye ken we a' loue ye sae, sae muckle, Áedán. Tàmhas... He loues ye wi' his hail hert. 'n' we'll loue ye thro' th' end o' time, mah son.”

Aonghus glanced behind him, but no lights had begun to illuminate the dense trees. No voices called out... none except the faint exhales from the teen. Here was going to be the hardest moment Aonghus should ever have to face. One of his boys, one of his sons was dying in his hands. Another soft brush against the boy’s cheek, with saline tears falling upon him, and Aonghus whispered. ”Dinna fash yirsel, son. Tis a'richt tae let gang. We'll catch up wi` again someday.” He kept holding the teen's hand, moving to hold the rest of him close to his heart. Áedán protested, but even as he did so, the man could tell this was his final moment. He pulled his older son, his protégé, his beloved friend into a tight embrace, petting the blood-soaked hair as the light left the boy still...

And as his heart stopped, Aonghus released a heavy sob, cradling his son as the tears fell down upon him.

{{Wearing :: Winter Hiking Gear}}
          TrickBlues

Tʜɪs ʀᴏᴀᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏɴ, ᴡᴇʟʟ, ɪᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴏɴᴇ
          Wᴇʟʟ, I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴜᴘ, I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏɴᴇsᴏᴍᴇ
          Tʜɪs ʀᴏᴀᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏɴ, ᴡᴇʟʟ, ɪᴛ's ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪɴᴅɪɴɢ
          Wɪᴛʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅᴇᴅ
          Eᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛʀᴜɢɢʟᴇ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ɪs ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ sᴏɴɢ
          Dᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴏᴀᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏɴ. Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, I ғᴇᴇʟ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ ᴏɴ
          Jᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
          Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘᴀssɪɴɢ ᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ
          Dᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴏᴀᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏɴ. I'ᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ғᴀʀ
          Sᴛɪʟʟ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Tʜɪs ʀᴏᴀᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏɴ ʜᴀs ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ɪᴛs ᴛᴏʟʟ
          I ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴡᴀʏ, ɪᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴀᴠᴇᴅ ɪɴ ɢᴏʟᴅ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:25 am
User ImageUser Image
xx❅ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home
xxx❅ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Maggey, Pa
xxxx❅ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Heartbreaking News
xxxxx❅ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I never even got to say goodbye...

Tàmhas had been concerned when Áedán had wanted to go on a forest hike through the snow. Of course, he wasn’t the same as Tàm, who couldn’t stand going out in the snow even if he had been able to walk in the frosty depths. Instead, the redhead was quite an adept survivalist, and he was trusted to return home safe. He'd stepped onto the porch, secretly sneaking a kiss (or two... or three...) before the redhead set out. "Be safe oot thare, Mo Theine! A loue ye!" He stood shivering on the porch for a few moments, waving until the redhead was far enough away from the house to be hard to see. Tàm headed back inside to sit on the comfy chair beside the fire for a bit, already missing the company of his boyfriend.

Green eyes kept glancing up to the little clock perched on the mantle, before frustration finally pushed him to his feet. He moved to the radio, plopping down in the wheely chair there. "This is Lightbug cawin fur mah Firebird! Come in? Aha! Ah wis checking tae see if ye wur a'maist hame. Th' timepiece says tis a'maist dinner time, bit we kin hauld ein if ye'r headed back." He knew Áedán was on the other end, and it didn't take but a second to get a reply. "“Nae, I’m tae far out. Dinnae wait up..... Looks like I’m making a trip tae the Cairngorms. Tell Master Aonghus and Maggey I’ll be back in… Four, maybe five days.” Wait... four or five days??? The brunette frowned a bit, having been thinking the redhead would be home in time for cocoa and a movie, during which Tàm would undoubtedly fall asleep on Áedán's lap. "Is everything a'richt? Dae a'm needin' tae send a crew efter ye? Or... Nae a crew, bit a Pa, fur sure!" He laughed at his own commentary, but the reply pretty quickly shut down the worries (or so he'd tell Áedán and Pa!). “I’ll be fine. There’s just something I need tae take care of.”

“I just… Need tae see him, that’s all. You’ll be okay without me a while, won’t you?”

Tàmhas let out a soft sigh. By now, he knew enough of Áedán's past to know all about his brother leaving off. While he didn't want Áedán to go it alone, he supposed if he had something big to do like this, he'd probably want the solitude as well. "Ah ken. Juist... Promise me ye'll be canny? 'n' if yi''ll need anythin', tranny in. Ah will keep it wi' me ilka moment 'til ye'r back 'ere wi' us." He nodded, though no one was there to see him. At the next words, the teen couldn't help a toothy grin. "A loue ye tae, Áedán. Noo 'n' forever."

Tàm took the handheld radio along as he stepped over to the forge. Peeking in, he made eye-contact with Pa, who stopped his hammering. "Aye, oan th' wey?" The brunette shook his head, curls bouncing as he did. The green-eyed teen explained what the plan was. Pa nodded his head, saying they'd check in after lunch. At the thought of food, Maggey waddled to the kitchen for the cooking. Tàm plopped back down at the radio station, secretly wishing for another message announcing his pal decided to wander back home instead. He knew it was stupid. He knew it made him seem like an insecure, co-dependent, crazy person... but by now he was rather used to spending most of his time alongside the other. Sure, he went camping and hiking pretty frequently, but that didn't prevent the bundle of anxiety Tàm always seemed to feel while he was away. Or maybe a bit was jealousy. He'd never be able to go on long hikes with his favorite people, and he'd always be the one holding down the fort and clinging to the radio for any source of news.

After they'd eaten, Tàm questioned if he should reach back out, but got told to wait a little while longer. Pa trusted Áedán to handle his own check-ins by now. "Aeo? Did you know there's a pretty big storm coming our way? It's south of us now, but apparently it'll sweep Arden within an hour or so, then push north past us." As she did (rather obsessively this late in her pregnancy), Maggey was checking the weather on her phone. Aonghus went to radio in to tell Áedán of the weather and advise hunkering down, but paused when both his and Maggey's phones chimed the sound of the weather alert system. He looked at his cracked phone, then sighed. All in a moment or two, he was dressed in his own hiking gear and ready to head out on a rescue mission. Tàmhas was told to guard the radio, while Maggey was handed the satellite phone as a backup. Tàm gave his Pa a big hug just as the man hurried out and drove off.

Since Tàm wasn't terribly familiar with the woman (and still had a faint distrust for her), the house became far more quiet than it normally ever stood. No clinging hammers, no lively chatter... just the sound of pacing and occasional radio static coming across the air waves. They waited what seemed like forever, before the radio sounded with a louder burst of static. "”Mags, come in. Fin' th' cords. Send a' body.” That was it. No information, nothing else. Maggey used the satellite to find Aonghus' location while Tàm grabbed the radio and tried to make contact.

”Pa? Come back in, Pa! Whit happened? Urr ye hurt? Is Áedán hurt? Wha dae yi''ll need? who's a'body!? Ur we a'body!? Pa! Pa come back thro'!” Tàm pat the mic, trying desperately to get a reply. ”Maggey!” He cried out, as the woman looked over. She dialed 999 on her cell, reporting that there was an emergency and they needed everyone. She spoke out the coordinates, which Tàm wrote down as well. She also called the Missing Hikers Line, hoping their unique skills might come in faster help than the ambulance. Then again, Glasgow's hospital had helicopters that they could use... The brunette looked over at the blonde, hoping for some sort of answer.

”Aonghus, services are on their way. Just hold tight! They’re coming. Everyone’s coming...” She called through the radio, before setting a hand securely on the teen’s shoulder. Both of them needed the support, but she had to admit she was surprised when Tàm’s small hand reached back and held onto hers. They waited in terse silence, occasionally interrupted by the squeaky teen imploring for more information. Tears settled in both green and blue eyes, the worries of the situation more than either could handle. As Maggey moved to fan her face, Tàm stood and guided the woman to sit in the chair. This way, they were closer in height anyway. The blonde pulled him over for a hug, and Tàm awkwardly wrapped his arms around her in a half-hug sort of motion. It took several moments for the radio to fizzle on, then words.

”A'm sorry. He's gaen.”

That voice belonged to Aonghus. Maggey looked over as the words settled over the teen. While Maggey was struggling to fight back her sobs, Tàmhas had completely frozen, save for a few silvery tears falling down his freckled cheeks. ”Tàmhas? Tàmhas you need to breathe.” A shaky breath rattled through the brunette, before a flood of tears washed through. ”Bit that wis Pa. Maggey... Does that mean Áedán is gaen? Whit cuid hae happened?” He spoke softly, but through shaky sobs. Maggey’s pale eyes simply drifted closed as she pulled the teen into a tight hug.

Time, despite seeming to have frozen, ticked on. Hours passed before red and blue lights flashed outside, drawing both sets of attention to the door. It opened to let Aonghus in, followed by a paramedic and one of the Arden officers. Tàm pushed over, drawing into his Pa’s frigid body. For once, the cold didn’t burn. The man sank to his knees, pulling his son’s whole body into him. From outside their moment of silence, Maggey spoke with the others and learned what had happened. Áedán had been stricken by a driver, who sent the teen careening down the cliff wall.... but the vehicle drove off. They may never find them now. "Thir's anither pairt... Doon... Doon in th' woods whaur ah ...." Aonghus froze, choking back his emotions for a moment. It wasn't like him to cry. In fact, Maggey had only seen it twice before. Once on the day he'd saved a little baby from a raging inferno... and once when he brought that same tiny boy home to be his little baby. Aonghus' knees went weak, causing him to simply sink to the floor. Tàmhas stepped over, wrapping his small arms around his Pa's shoulders before he also sank down.

The officer, Officer Browne, softly cleared his throat, then stepped in. "Where he was located, we also discovered an overturned car a few meters away. We did a search and came back to identify the car. It matched the identification card in the glove compartment, identifying the remains there as one Rowan MacInnes. It looks like his collision was an accident, but we weren't able to determine if there had been further collision before I stepped off to get Aonghus here home. He said you might know Rowan?" His words drifted off, the blonde now having tears flooding down her face. Rowan had been one of her dearest friends! She'd believed that Áedán knew his brother's whereabouts, even if it never made sense for the older MacInnes boy to ever leave the younger. She nodded, prepared to help in any way possible. At least now the brothers would find peace.

She looked over to see Tàmhas now fully hidden by Aonghus' embrace, the man's clothes still splattered and smudged in the blood of their fallen family. This had to be the hardest moment of their lives, and it wouldn't be forever until they'd healed. The officer stayed with them for a while, their pipeline to collecting news. Over the next few days, both boys were done with investigation, and the Ghobhainn family got them plots right beside their parents. And now, the MacInnes Family was complete again, at least until their found family might someday join them.

{{Wearing :: Tamhas :: Maggey}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE & Áedán

Sᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜɢʟᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴘʟᴀʏ ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ... As ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀsᴏɴs ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ, ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ
          Nᴏᴡ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ ᴏɴ, I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ... I ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟᴇғᴛ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀɴ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴀ sᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ, ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ sᴏ I ᴍᴜsᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɢʜᴛ... Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ,
          Lᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴏʀ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ʟʏɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ
          Sᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜɢʟᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ... Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ʀᴏᴀᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
          Wɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, I ғᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴛᴜᴍʙʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ... Lᴀʏ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴏɴ
          Tʜᴇɴ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴏɴ ʜɪɢʜ, sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ... Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟs, "Rᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ"
          Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ, ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢᴇ sᴏᴏɴ ᴡɪʟʟ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ... Sᴏ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers