User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So Happy fourth for the americans and happy late canada day for the canadians as it was the 1st of july for theirs. My boyfriend is canadian so he reminds me. And I remind him when fourth hits.

So what are ya'll doing for your holiday this year if anything? Or if ya late to the game do ya do anything diff on this day to celebrate?

I'll go first.. for canada day the bf and his folks actually didn't do all that much altho I'm sure they had a fancier dinner together. Last year when he was at his apt instead of his folks there were fireworks outside as his apt is in the city. No fireworks this year for them tho.

For ours today we got a buncha drumsticks thawing that we'll grill and use bbq sauce on, some ground turkey to make hot dogs and some chicken thawing to ground and make chili. Then we have some goofy sparklers for the end of the evening. We heard loud booms already starting last nite and I'm sure ppl down the holler will let off bigger fireworks but we've become more of a home body. Sometime the brother brings one of those family packs of fireworks to let off some little booms. Its just me, my brother, and mom. Altho we've had some family get togethers in past.

Anywho. I hope it was a nice holiday, I hope ya got a day off. and if its not a holiday for you I hope ya had a lovely week anyway!

edit the next day: Don't try to make your own non beef pork hot dogs lmao..We threw everything in that recipe to figure it out and they looked like mini meatloafs, burnt cuz we added flour and egg whites.. and they were sweet cuz mom tossed in maple oatmeal.. it was weiiiird lmao...

On another note tho the bbq chicken legs, the turkey burgers, the chicken chili.. spot on! I feel hungover from huffing grill smoke though.. Seriously my sinuses hate me today rofl

Hold up i gotta find a pic of these super epic fail not hot dogs lol. And the turkey burgers while they were still rly good. Mom and i kept argueing over when they were done.. She kinda had me toast them.. Turkey burgers need not be brown like beef burgers lol.. Lil too done. But still good. We are learning. Trying to live better so no beef and we try not to use much pork unless from the butcher with nothing added and only rarely.. The bottom pic is the "dogs" b4 we layed them right on the grill and they burned so fully so fast rofl And ya that's cardboard. Moms more for using cherry wood and non match lite charcoal so it takes an act of congress to get the stuff to friggin burn rofl

User Image
User Image