Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Travers' Cottage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:38 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxT ʀ ᴀ ᴠ ᴇ ʀ s xxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏ xxxC ᴏ ᴛ ᴛ ᴀ ɢ ᴇ xxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxʙ ᴜ ʀ ғ ᴏ ʀ ᴅ , E N G L A N Dxxx

User Image

Situated on the outskirts of the tiny village of Burford, UK, lives the Travers Family. Currently Jeremiah "Jeremy" Travers and his wife, Teodora "Tea" Travers (nee. Dahl) live here when not hard at work in Hogsmeade Village.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:44 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxW ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ x A ʀ ᴇ x W ᴇ ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxJᴇʀᴇᴍɪᴀʜ Tʀᴀᴠᴇʀsxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Bᴇᴡɪᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ Bᴏᴜᴛɪᴏ̨ᴜᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxTᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴀ Sɪɢɴᴇ Tʀᴀᴠᴇʀsxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Sᴄʀɪᴠᴇɴsʜᴀғᴛ's Qᴜɪʟʟ Sʜᴏᴘ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxCᴏʀɴᴇʟɪᴜs Eᴘʜʀᴀɪᴍ Tʀᴀᴠᴇʀsxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs || Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:57 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Floo Address: Travers Cottage

⟹ Spotty WiFi - TraversetheWorld (Password: Be@Dahling)

⟹ Usually the occupants are in Hogsmeade or out on the town somewhere

⟹ Don't mind any ink stains about. And definitely don't touch anything in progress... or any inkwells!

⟹ The nursery used to be Jeremy's office, but he moved his desk to the master bedroom instead.

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

Dagne, Tea's old housecat. She's mostly interested in sunlight naps and snuggles.

⇴ Quaffle, Jeremy's Pygmy Puff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:04 pm

Cinnabun Gryffie

null

null

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝐼'𝓂 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                                          𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                                          𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
                                                          𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓁?

Jeremy got them home with some to go of the italian food. They always had plenty leftovers they fed you well at that restaurant itnwas good to sit and eat and not need to cook. He made sure to set Quaffle in his bed as the puff finnished the noodle Jeremy hsd snuck it. The puff liked his pocket and human food.

"You should go relax. I'll do the tidying up" he said he found the tidy relaxing himself. Getting things looking spiffy always lifted his mood. "I think we got one of the bath bombs under the sink still."

𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝒶𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒
                                              𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒
                                              𝐼'𝓂 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝓎 𝐼'𝓂 𝒶 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇
                                              𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒫.𝒮. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓇

CatWaffle
    Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
    Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
    • Gifting Gone Wild 250
    • Autobiographer 200
    • Pet Lover 100
    PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:53 pm
    User ImageUser Image
    xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home
    xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Min Kärlek
    xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Trying Again?
    xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? There is no way, right?

Tea was ever grateful when they'd made it home, even if home was quiet without their Neil with them. Jeremy had brought along dinner, so Tea took a few moments to try and eat. Of course, after the first couple bites, the nausea overwhelmed and she simply pushed away her plate. After a moment of sad resting, Tea packed up her food, planning on bringing them along as lunch tomorrow. Jeremy quickly told her to go relax, saying he'd do the cleaning up. "Are you sure, min kärlek? I don't want to make you do any extra work." After his insistence, Tea agreed to try a hot bath.

Jeremy called after, saying they should have a bath bomb under the sink. "Tack, kära du!" Tea replied in cheerful Swedish. In the master bath, Tea began preparing, then squat to look under their sink. Sure enough, there were a couple bath bombs in a basket, and when she moved them, she found a sight she hadn't seen in a long time. She reached in, pulling out a half-empty box of pregnancy tests. They had given up after her doctor advised them she would never be capable of carrying a child. The nausea... the weird delay in her period she'd thought had been due to stress.... what if somehow they got lucky?

Dark eyes glanced at the door, then back to the box. Jeremy wouldn't ever have to know she tried... It wasn't like she was actually pregnant... but maybe to rule this out? Maybe to silence her worried mind? Tea sighed, but glanced through the instructions. Okay. She'd test, get a negative, then go to her bath. Easy-Peasy. And no one would ever know. It wasn't like either had remembered about the tests previously... She quickly followed the steps, leaving the stick on the edge of the sink as she stepped into their bedroom. "Okay, Tea. Three minutes. And he'll never know. They won't know you're so paranoid. You'll be fine." her voice was a hushed whisper to herself, trying to calm her frantic mind. After watching their bedroom clock for three full minutes, the brunette stepped back to investigate. And she was.... wrong?!?!

Blue eyes went wide, the little pink cross showing through the circle. How.... was this possible? A hand gently rested on her belly, wondering what sort of miracle had blessed them. After a second, Tea hurried out to the kitchen. "Jeremy!! You'll not believe it! I'm... well, there were some tests under the sink, but I thought 'no way', you know? But I wanted to rule out... well, you know. But then I went back in. And... and... well, just look!" Her words were an unbroken string of ramble, only stopped when she held out the stick with its little promise.

{{Wearing :: Teal Sweater, White Jacket, White Swishy Skirt}}
    {{OoC: "min kärlek" translates to "my love", and Tea usually calls Jeremy by this, or other, pet names}}
    {{Translation - "Thanks, dear!"}}
    CatWaffle
    Tea - #05B8CC
    Lena - #9F2B68

I ᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ, I'ᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇғɪɴᴇᴅ
    I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇɴ's ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ. Eɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇᴅ
    Sᴛᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀɴᴋ ᴘᴀɢᴇ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪʀᴛʏ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
    Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɪʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ғɪɴᴅ
    Rᴇᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ, sᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ɪᴛ
    Rᴇʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɪɴʜɪʙɪᴛɪᴏɴs, ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
    Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ғᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴏɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɪɴ
    Nᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴄᴀɴ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴘs
    Dʀᴇɴᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ɪɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴜɴsᴘᴏᴋᴇɴ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʀᴍs ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ
    Tᴏᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴇɢɪɴs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ɪs sᴛɪʟʟ ᴜɴᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:26 pm

Cinnabun Gryffie

null

null

Jeremy was prepping the dishes for the diswasher to be run once Tea was in the bath. He was glad she got some food in her and perhaps they could try someting simple like rice to gett a little more down. He didnt hear barfing so that was a good sighn. Though sometime barfing did help nausea unpleasant as the act was. He was just closing the door of the dishwasher as Tea bounced over surprisingly happier. He could understand her sring of words and deduced she used a leftover pregnancy test just to dignose the issue or rule things out. They had tried for a kid of thier own. Heck he even got checked to make sure it wasnt him making it impossible.

He took the test with a intrigued look and once he got a look at it it would be a look of suprise. Wait she was pregnant?! "Wait really?" Jeremy said very pleasantly surprised. Normally one didnt want the doctor to be wrong, but this time he was glad. They had opted for adoption with Niel and had started maybe considering picking a sibling for him. Now they didn't need to "all it took was not trying" He joked with a smile.

CatWaffle
      Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
      • Ultimate Player 200
      • Forum Sophomore 300
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
      Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
      • Gifting Gone Wild 250
      • Autobiographer 200
      • Pet Lover 100
      PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:16 pm
      User ImageUser Image
      xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home
      xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? A positive?

Tea sent a bright smile up at her husband, with him looking a little befuddled. He added in that all it took was them to stop trying. "I can't believe it. We were told never... and yet... Oh, this is a miracle. I should see the healers tomorrow to verify, of course. Not that I don't believe the test..." She set the test aside, instead opting to wrap her arms around the taller man, giving him a squeeze around the middle.

"We'll have to tell Neil, though. Probably on the next Hogsmeade trip, so we can speak in person? Oh, but what if he doesn't take the news well? What if he's upset over this whole thing?" She pulled back, a frown settling on her face. Neil had been adopted shortly after she found out she'd never be pregnant, but what if he thought they'd replace him or something horrible? They would have to be prepared with hugs and reassurances! Tea tapped her toes on the kitchen floor, thoughts racing a mile a minute.

{{OoC: "min kärlek" translates to "my love", and Tea usually calls Jeremy by this, or other, pet names}}
      CatWaffle
      Tea - #05B8CC
      Lena - #9F2B68

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:12 pm

Cinnabun Gryffie

null

null

"I agree we can make an appointment just to be sure." Jeremy said returning the hug. "we can plan a family dinner on the weekend. Tell Neil once the healers give thier verdict." He understood her worry. It wasn't unheardnof for an adopted kid to feel left out when a baby was born. He had asked when he was younger why he didnt have a sibling. He seemed receptive then. Hopefully working trough his early life trauma thanks to his birth parents helped him know they would never get rid of him but it was good to be ready "Neils a smart kid im sure hell figure out we wont love him any less. Remember when he tried to get other kids to come be his sibling at the grocery store? Now he wont have to be accessory yo kidnapping"

CatWaffle
        Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
        • Ultimate Player 200
        • Forum Sophomore 300
        • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
        Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
        • Gifting Gone Wild 250
        • Autobiographer 200
        • Pet Lover 100
        PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:48 pm
        User ImageUser Image
        xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home
        xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? A positive?

Tea nodded along as Jeremy agreed that they could visit the healers to verify her pregnancy. If the test was faulty... well, she simply didn't know how they'd cope with another crushing loss. Maybe she should have waited to tell...? No, she wanted her husband to know. She wanted him beside her. "A family dinner sounds lovely. Perhaps we can send a letter to the school to see if we can keep him a bit after the Hogsmeade hours? Since it's a big news day." Honestly, Tea had no real idea about how a letter like that might be handled. She hadn't gone to Hogwarts, and her school had been far more strict. Perhaps Jeremy had some ideas.

He confirmed that Neil was a smart kid, one that wouldn't be opposed to a sibling. "You're right, I know. Neil has such a pure heart. And he knows we love him forever, no matter what. Maybe we should plan something fun this summer to celebrate him before we have our new little one?" Tea asked, leaning into Jeremy for comfort. "This is going to be a huge change, Min Kärlek."

CatWaffle
        Tea - #05B8CC
        Lena - #9F2B68

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
        Other Stuff
        Get GCash
        Offers
        Get Items
        More Items