Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
McNamara Family Home Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:50 pm
xxxxxxMcNamara Family Homexxxxxx

User Image

Ballynanty, Limerick, Ireland

The McNamara family home is a modest, three bedroom, one and half bathroom house serving as the primary (and only) residence of the McNamara Family. One of the bedrooms has been converted into an office; the half bathroom is located on the ground floor while the full bath is on the first floor. All three bedrooms are located on the first floor, with the kitchen, dining, and living areas located on the ground floor. They also have a one car garage and two cars parked in the driveway when both parents are home.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:57 pm
xxxxxxResidentsxxxxxx

xxxBrian McNamara {NPC}xxx
| Home | Work | Pub | Church | Somewhere Else |

xxxMaeve McNamara {NPC}xxx
| Home | Work | Book Club | Church | Somewhere Else |

xxxDeclan McNamaraxxx
| Home | School | Park | Church | Somewhere Else |

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:07 pm
xxxxxxAdditional Informationxxxxxx

⟹There is a black grand piano in the living space.
⟹The back door has a locking dog door.

xxxxxxPetsxxxxxx
Kerry Beagle named Tapper
Tawny Owl named Skye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? At home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My family
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Visiting with the grandparents
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Wishing I was at the park

It was a sunny morning when Declan's mother woke him up earlier than his normal alarm. She was in a cleaning frenzy which was never a good sign for him. Declan yawned and rubbed his eyes, watching his mother for a few moments before speaking. "Is everything alright, mom?" he asking, sleepily rubbing his eyes again. Shifting in his bed, he sat up and stretched. His mother was looking for anything to clean but Declan usually kept his room very tidy. Finally, she sighed and put his hands on her hips. "Hurry up and get in a shower. Dress nicely, your grandparents are coming to visit. Up, up," she said, pulling his blanket off. Declan sighed and slipped out of bed, yawning and stretching one more time for good measure. While she made his bed, Declan dressed down for the shower. He loved his grandparents, sure, but they always made his parents act crazy. After showering, he dressed in his nicer clothing, but not his church clothing. That was always reserved for church and if he wore them any other time, his mother would throw a fit. By the time he'd finished dressing, his grandparents' car was already pulling into the driveway. "Hurry up Declan!" his father called from downstairs. With a sigh, Declan pulled on his shoes and hurried down the stairs so that he could stand in line to greet his grandparents.

First through the door was his grandmother Fiona, her red hair faded almost entirely to white. "Oh Deccy! Happy birthday child!" she called as soon as she saw him, sidling into the house and pinching his cheek. His stately grandfather followed her into the house, removing his coat and rubbing his hands before greeting his family. "Ah, Brian, my boy," he said before embracing Declan's father. Then he turned to Declan and smiled. "And look how big you've grown Declan. Happy birthday," he said, handing Declan a card. Declan quietly thanked him but before he could say anything else, Maeve, Declan's mother, said, "I've got tea and biscuits in the dining room. Let's go there, shall we?" They nodded and all went to sit in the dining room. Truthfully, Declan was starving but he had to wait until the adults had their food before he could eat anything. But today, Fiona put some biscuits on his plate before hers and he gave her a cheeky smile before tucking in. After all, this was his eleventh birthday so he should get to celebrate.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? McNamara House, Ballynanty, IR
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No one yet
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully no one faints... again.

Another lovely morning, another job to do. She was headed to Ireland today, preparing to meet with the McNamara family. According to notes, they were a religious family, but that didn't bother Nora. She'd been raised by a religious mother herself, so she was perhaps the best for today's task. And after work, she would get to meet up with Nani and Meallan, which made any day better. After dressing in rather conservative attire, Nora gave Aeron a goodbye kiss, then disapparated out, heading to a safe spot in Ballynanty near the home. Pulling her phone from her dress pocket, Nora walked the few blocks to the lovely brick home.

Well, it was time to do her job. Nora walked up their drive, heels clicking softly with her steps. Once at the door, she tucked her phone away, then reached up to knock at the door. The next question would be who would answer... and how would they take her news? Lots of religious families had issues with magic, but some were surprisingly pleasant. Hopefully... just hopefully, this would be the latter.

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? At home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My family
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Visiting with the grandparents
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Wishing I was at the park

After tea and biscuits, Maeve had started to prepare a brunch for the family and she had Declan helping her. Brian and his parents were sitting in the living room enjoying another cup of tea. At least, that was until there was a knock on the door. They weren't expecting any more company today, since Maeve's parents were away on holiday. Perhaps it was one of Declan's friends from school? Of course Brian didn't know that Declan had no friends at school. He was prepared to chastise the child or children who were interrupting the family's gathering. Walking to the door, he opened it to see a young woman on his porch. "Hello ma'am. What can I do for you?" Polite, yet straight to the point. Perhaps she was lost and needed directions, or maybe her car had broken down and she needed a phone. Brian didn't see any other cars on the street that didn't belong. Having heard the knock, Declan was peeking at the door from the kitchen, also curious to see who had appeared on their doorstep. "Come back here Deck and wash the dishes," his mother called from the kitchen, but Declan ignored her, curious about the woman who had arrived.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

It didn't take but a moment before the door was opened, by a rather nicely dressed gentleman. "Why hello there. My name is Nora Heulwen. I'm a governess for a very unique school. I would love a moment to speak with yourself and your wife, concerning Declan, if you've a moment." She offered a polite, if maternal smile over toward the man. She pulled out Declan's school letter from her purse, preparing mentally for the possible backlash. If she was invited in, she could explain all about the magical world. If he rejected her... well, then Nora would have to get creative. And she certainly preferred the former.

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? At home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My family and a stranger
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Surprise visit!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She wants to talk about me?

"Who's there, dear?" Maeve called from the kitchen, stepping beside Declan to see the woman at the door. Declan's head was darting from his mother to his father to the strange woman at the door. Brian looked at back to his wife for a moment, than at the woman again. "I'm sorry, you must have the wrong house. Declan's already enrolled in school and doesn't need a new one." Sitting in the living room, both of Declan's grandparents were confused by the surprise visit, then a wholly different look crossed Declan's grandfather's face. Aidan stood up and walked to the door with his son. "Ma'am, are you, by any chance, from Hogwarts?" He didn't need her to answer because he saw the letter that she was holding. Turning to his son, he said, "Brian, you ought to let her in. I'm going to make a phone call." Brian was confused by why his father was suddenly telling him to let this strange woman in and why he needed to make a phone call, but he had never said no to his father. "Come in, I guess." Declan's mind was racing; his grandfather had said something like 'Hogwarts' and he was intensely curious about why his grandfather had suddenly reacted like that.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nora watched a woman, presumably Maeve McNamara, walk to the door, asking who was there. Nora was about to start her speech again, but Brian spoke instead, saying she must have the wrong house because Declan already had a school. "Sir, please-" She started, but it didn't seem to matter. Luckily, one of the others in the home walked over, though he knew the name of the school and all. Before she could answer, he simply told Brian to allow her access. Brian didn't seem particularly keen on the idea, but didn't deny her either.

Nora offered a small bow as she stepped in. "Thank you very much. As I mentioned, my name is Nora Heulwen. I'm a governess for a very special school called Hogwarts. You see, we offer education to the... magical community. Your son, Declan, is one such. He is a wizard. And I can explain anything needed of the magical world. I know this must be... wild news, but I assure you, everything is quite real. And for Declan, this is the best place to hone his education to magic and all things it may be. I, also, will be around to answer any questions, as well as take him on his first school shopping trip. I even have his welcome letter from our wonderful Deputy Headmistress."

Nora offered over the letter, wondering how this would all go. It seemed at least that she would have some backup on the legitimacy of the magical world, though she couldn't say how much just yet. Hopefully, at dropping the news, the family would be more calm and inquisitive than anything. Questions, she could deal with all day. Flying off into a rage of disbelief... not so much. She simply kept up her maternal smile, hoping to keep things calm before chaos could reign.

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? At home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My family and Mrs Heulwen
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Magic?!?

Brian watched the woman walk past him into his home, then closed the door behind her and joined her in the living room. His father had stepped out the back door, letting Tapper run into the house. The kerry beagle excited jumped on everyone he was allowed to. Declan watched the woman from the kitchen as she started to explain more about her visit. She said she was from a magic school and at first, Declan thought she meant magic in the close up magic performances they'd seen at festivals and the like. But she continued and it became apparent she was talking about the other kind of magic... Brian scoffed when she finished her explanation, then said, "So, really, you're here to swindle us, is that it? Expect us to pay for some magical school. Posh, magic does not exist." He took the letter and dropped it on the floor. Declan watched his father and then glanced at the letter on the floor. His heart was thumping in his chest. He always knew he was different and this had to explain it. Uncharacteristic of himself, he hustled into the living room and snatched the note from the floor. "Father, I don't-" he started, but then his father cut him off. "Declan Clement, you do not speak back to me. I want this con artist out of our house." As he was saying that, his father walked back inside. "She's not a con artist, Brian. I'm going to need you to sit down, son. I have something I need to explain." And so he told the whole family how he was born into the wizarding world, but he was something called a Squib, someone who didn't have magic. He explained that he had chosen to live with a non-magical family but was still in contact with his magical family. In fact, his brother Seamus had been alerted to a magical descendant and would be coming to meet Declan. After finishing his explanation, Aidan turned to Nora. "Mrs Heulwen, would it be alright for my brother Seamus to assist in helping Declan prepare for school?"

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? At least I have help

Nora had only barely finished her explanation when she was cut off, immediately called a swindler. Perfect. That's how today was going to go. Just as she was about to speak, green eyes noticed young Declan eyeing the letter that his father had tossed aside. Instead, Nora stiffened up, preparing for conflict. Declan tried to intervene, but his father quickly silenced him. He also called Nora a con artist, causing her to simply sigh. The man's father, Declan's grandfather, walked back in, again defending Nora. Apparently he had something to explain.

Nora stood to the side, watching and listening as the man noted he was the source of magic. He'd been a squib that opted to live with the muggles. His brother, however, was magical, and was coming along to help out. He then spoke with her, asking if it was alright for the man, Seamus, to join them. "Of course. We always encourage family to join. Especially in such situations, when magic is a little.. trickier to grasp. Which, I understand. I was once in Declan's position myself. Raised by a close, loving family... of no magic. My mother didn't believe the man who came to explain, but sure enough, he was right." She pulled her swirled wand from her pocket, flicking it to allow a few silvery hummingbirds to flit about the room. As they fluttered, they brought bubbles of warmth with them. "I promise I'm not here to swindle or cheat your family. I truly want what is best for Declan. And I do hope you want the same." At that, a small grin, a twinkle in her vivid green eyes.

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? At home

Declan watched the Mrs Heulwen speak with his grandfather with stars in his eyes, simply caught up in everything. Magic was real, and clearly not of the Devil because this woman seemed way too nice to be the Devil's agent. When she pulled a stick from her pocket, Declan was confused but his question was quickly answered when she conjured some silver birds to fly around the room. His blue eyes grew ten sizes and he smiled widely, looking all around the room and the birds. "Wow," he muttered under his breath, utterly starstruck. Maeve, however, saw this display of magic and fainted. Brian scoffed and said, "This is devilry, it is! And I'll not be having it in my house. Now, if you'll excuse me!" He stormed off to the kitchen to help his wife, stomping his feet as he walked. To everyone else in the room, it looked like a big hissy fit. Finally, Fiona stepped up. "If you're convinced this is right, Aidan, I'll talk with him." Declan watched his grandmother walk into the kitchen to speak with his parents. Finally with them gone, Declan got up the courage to speak. "Uh, m...ma'am... where is this school?" he asked, looking up at her with the stars still radiating in his eyes.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? McNamara Family
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Aaaaaand there's the fainting

Nora watched in surprise as chaos fell all around her. Declan's mother fainted, and his father got angry and stormed off, taking his wife along. Nora sighed softly, wishing for a better outcome. It was then that the elder woman, presumably Declan's grandmother, spoke up, saying if Aidan thought it was right, she'd go talk with the others. Green eyes watched the scene a moment, before a soft voice caught her attention.

To Declan, Nora offered a kind smile. "It's up in the Scottish Highlands. Surrounded by nature. A forest, lake, beautiful gardens... And the school itself is a massive castle. Want to see?" As he agreed, Nora fished out a copy of Hogwarts, A History and flipped a few pages. She held out the book, showing the slow moving picture of the school. "Magic can be everything you'd ever wished. Things you never thought real can be. And things like unicorns, dragons, and so much more, are real animals. And they're just wonderful."

She offered over the well-loved copy of the book to the blonde. "Here, love. If you promise to keep it safe, you can borrow my copy. And here soon, we can step to the magical world. A place called Diagon Alley. It's full of all the shops you'll need, from books, to robes, to your very own wand. And I'll be there to introduce you to it all." She gently rest a hand on his shoulder, giving a little squeeze. This boy, Declan, reminded her so much of her own Phee. She missed when her babies were only small too.

AliceInWonderland0921

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? At home

She had handed him a book with moving pictures in it and he stared at the images for several long moments. He was trying to figure out how the pictures were moving. After all, there were any screens or technology in the pages. She also said that there was more, like dragons and unicorns. His eyes seemed to glow even more at that. He'd always dreamed of things like that being real but his parents were staunchly against anything fantasy. He wasn't even allowed to read books with magic in them and suddenly he was magical. When she said that he could hold onto the book in the mean time, he sighed and closed it, then handed it back to her. "I...I would love to... ma'am, but I... I don't think it's a good idea," he said and quietly nodded towards the kitchen where his parents were. At the mention of going to Diagon Alley, he perked up a little though. Aidan patted Declan on the back and said, "Don't worry about your parents, Declan. Your grandmother will talk some sense into them. And my brother Seamus will be there to meet ya. Can you take him, or do you need parental supervision?" he asked, directing the last part to Nora.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? McNamara Family
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Aaaaaand there's the fainting

Nora nodded once when Declan denied the book, not wanting to further upset his parents. "I understand, dear. I know the school library has many, many lovely books." She hoped that would at least keep the boy's hopes up a bit. It was then that Aidan reassured the boy that they'd talk sense into the family. "I can take him, of course. If you would like to stay along with your family, I can take Declan and meet up with your brother." She nodded, before offering a hand to Declan.

"To get there, we'll need to apparate. I can tell you, it may upset your tummy. But it'll be over in a flash." First time apparation was always chaotic, but she was well practiced. Now just to hope Declan didn't get sick in the movements. "As soon as you're ready, love. If you need to get anything, I'll be here when you're ready. Or, if you're ready now, simply take my hand and away we'll go."

AliceInWonderland0921