Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:05 pm
August RP Prompt:
Write me a fairytale with a twist!.You can write it as though it's happening now, as though it's being acted out, as though it's a story being told, or anything else creative you can come up with. But there must be a TWIST!

Theme: Rapunzel

Characters in play:
Nerezza
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AU if Zamael were the one to find her instead of Yahiko.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:14 pm
They had what she would consider to be a good day. The sun woke them with its warmth and light. Nerezza and Jax had spent time chasing and playing around in the lush grass. She enjoyed his company and loved his humor. They'd stopped to eat sweet apples for lunch. It was truly a nice and peaceful day that went that way with no true plans. She just wanted to spend time with him and didn't care what they did.
The evening was quickly arriving and it meant an end to their day. She didn't want it to end but knew they should return before it got to dark to see their way back. He always went a bit ahead of her to make sure it is safe for her so he started to head back first. The soft ring of her charms and bells let him know that she was in fact following behind him.
WC:156  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:34 pm
The sun was setting as he felt the familiar prickles of dusk begin to settle on his pelt, tossing his head up to see the stretches of warm setting light dance amongst the clouds. "Its time." He mumbled softly and stood, stretching his legs and began the short trek back to their home. On que she had began to follow, as she always did...she rarely made a fuss on this routine since he had snapped at her so long ago. It wasn't like he wanted to, but it was necessary to snuff out any inkling that she could change his mind. When night fell...they would return to the cave; end of story.

Jax lead them into the crack in the wall to a series of labyrinth like passages, a true haven when it came to natural rock structure. Many of the paths looked nearly identical, which made it easy to get turned around in and lost. If one wasn't looking with a predator's nose they would get lost...even he hadn't gone deeper into the caverns. Thankfully his mate's body served as all the light they needed as her markings lit up the dead end in a soft warm hue, waiting for her to get settled on the branches they'd drug in some time ago. "With time to spare, we did well today." A smile played on his lips as he nuzzled her cheek, his goddess...his everything. "I am going to go out and make sure we were not followed, can't be too careful to make sure no-one saw you. You didn't eat nearly as much as usual today...do you want me to bring you back an apple or two..?"

[279 W/C]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:30 pm
She was hesitant to answer him as she realized something was bothering her. There was something that seemed different somehow but she couldn't figure it out. He would always go back to make sure they weren't followed. His behavior was completely normal but she couldn't ignore the feeling that something wasn't right. "Um no just hurry back okay? I don't want to be left alone for long." She gave him a soft nuzzle and watched as he left her. The feeling that something wasn't right seemed to grow the longer she stood and watched the path he took.
She had no idea how much time had passed of her just standing there staring and lost in thought. But she couldn't just stand there anymore and started to pace. The paths were just big enough she could walk through without the walls brushing against her.

It was really starting to bother her that he hadn't returned yet. She absolutely hated to be alone and it was so dark. She had no idea if something had caught him by surprise in one of the paths to get outside or if one of the paths caved in by some weird chance. She continued to pace as her mind thought of the worst possibilities. There was no way to tell how much time truly passed but she couldn't take it anymore. She carefully made her way out of the path and started to venture back to the first opening. They had made the journey numerous times in and out but she questioned if she really knew where she was going. She desperately hoped he was just held up outside somehow and not hurt or worse somewhere in the labyrinth because it would take her so long to even find him.
WC: 296  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:45 pm
Time had passed, stretched on as crickets filled the night air as he approached the cave. The moon had already peaked in the star filled sky as his nose flared at the inhale he took. This was definitely the place. His hoof falls were quiet and calculated against the soft dirt as he squeezed himself in, following the scent as the world went black around him. What a miserable confine to be stowed away in! “Hello in there.” His lush deep voice carried through the cave systems, “I was told there was a mare trapped in here, hidden away by a crazy stallion!” He pressed forward, following his nose as he caught another whiff of a scent.

“Don’t be alarmed, I am here to rescue you as….what was his name again…Jax was it? He is being held for now. I’m afraid I can’t see in here..” perhaps he could get her to lead the way for him? Surely she must know the way, but how could he move in the dark when he only had his hearing about him and she well, who knows how she was able to move in these caves if at all.

[ 196 W/C ]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:30 am
She went stone still as a different voice echoed into the labyrinth. 'Trapped?' She didn't understand why he was saying that she was trapped or he was going to rescue her? How would he rescue her when she wasn't in danger? She did understand that Jax was not there with him but close by or so she assumed by his words. She didn't speak immediately because she wanted to choose her words carefully. "Is Jax hurt!?" She hadn't moved at all while she listened to his words but wish that she had. "Please keep talking, I'll follow your voice!" She called out as she continued down the path she was already on. Nezza hadn't thought anything of the labyrinth before but she was starting to hate it. She felt so far away and Jax needed her. She couldn't come up with a reason why he would be hurt or why he didn't come back and this stallion did in his stead. She only knew that it was going to take time to find her way and that she didn't have a good feeling about what was happening.
WC: 187  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:38 am
"Ah, we haven't hurt him." The voice had called, instead of wandering in further to the labyrinth he began to stand still with the faded light of the way out at his rear. "He is back at our herd, we apprehended him trying to pick a fight with one of our more vulnerable mares. I don't take kindly to actions like that, but he began saying theres a mare hidden away in some cave system like a captive. That she would die if he didn't return and could get lost in here...I couldn't let that slide if I didn't believe him...I'm glad I came to check." He was talking more than he usually would, but as she was using his voice as a guide to get out he'd take it on the chin to not get himself lost in there too.

"Where did you come from? Did he steal you from your home?" The voice asked before there was a pause. "I've been rude. My name is Zamael."

[168 W/C]  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:33 am
Relief washed over her as she heard that he wasn't hurt. She may have felt relief but it was soon replaced by intense confusion. She continued to make her way to where she thought the voice to be coming from but her brows were furrowed and she was struggling to make sense of his words. He tried to fight a mare? Why would he do that? She focused on putting one hoof in front of the other, to keep moving forward. Where was she from? The labyrinth was her home wasn't it? She halted in her steps and tried hard to remember a time before Jax and the labyrinth. There was nothing there. She couldn't remember her parents, any friends, or even another place. Her mind was full of Jax and the labyrinth. "I don't remember." She called out in a panic and started to run down the new path she found herself on. "Please get me out of here!" Her voice was high pitched with fear and it felt as if the labyrinth were going to collapse and close her in. She was going to die here. Her mind kept repeating the word run over and over. She started to crash into the walls and stumble about as she panicked to try and find the way as quickly as she could. The stranger now known as Zamael, his words were going unheard. The only thing she could hear were the shuffling of her charms and wings against the walls and run. She didn't realize that she was screaming run over and over again.
WC:264  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:58 pm
Get me out of here! Well, having her come to him certianly wasn't going to work out in his favor and the more he listened to the frantic commotion that was eminating from inside the caverns. s**t, panic had clearly set in as he knew he would have to enter, charging into the cave and following her frantic scent even though he couldn't see. Before he knew it he had followed the scent and her screams of run till he was in the same hallway, and saw her soft glowing markings. Well, that was something he wasn't expecting.

"Calm down...I found you." He said firmly, not wanting to get too close to her glow and really, he looked like a shadow with a mound of hair. "Stay close, I'll lead you out of here." His tail curled around to his side, just out of view of her faint glow as he was already walking ahead. Of course his heels could be viewed as the small angeni wings fluttered a bit with each step, his white fur looking even more pristine.

[180 W/C]  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:48 pm
She had calmed down enough to recognize that he was there and followed after him. "I'm sorry......I don't remember." She didn't say it loudly and didn't know if he could even hear her mumble. She didn't know this stallion and wasn't sure why she was apologizing to him. She had tears streaming from her eyes which made her vision blurry but she did her best to keep up with him. Despite her gentle glow, she couldn't really make out much of the stallion in front of her. His fur didn't seem to be of dark color and there was something that kept fluttering on his body. She started to see what she hoped was light from the moon which led to the outside.
WC:123  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:26 am
Zamael had followed his nose out of the cave, which wasn't terribly hard considering he had a keen sense - one which went along perfectly with his sharp teeth. A predator's sense through and through which was why once he was out of the cave and under the glow of the moon he turned back to face her. A tail laden with spikes relaxed and dropped behind him, no longer trying to be held against his hair. Three additional spikes protruded along his snout to his forehead, all weapons to deal serious damage if need be.

Then his mask, the skull of another partially masking his ink black eyes; the void quality of them making it hard to tell where he was looking and what his intentions were. Just off to the side there was a crumpled body of another stallion, Jax, and a mere foot away from him was an apple or two he had gone to fetch. By the wounds marring his chest, flank and legs and the red staining Zamael's spikes there was little doubt on what ended his life. "It will be a lot easier for you if you don't remember, in the long run, Nerezza." A name she didn't give, "I'm only going to tell you this once...running will do you no favors as you will be paying his debt for his wretched soul."

[229 W/C]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:51 am
All she could do was just stare at him, she had no words. She felt as if she no longer knew the truth about anything. Endless questions swirled around in her mind about Jax, Zamael, and herself. What had she done? It was obvious that the one before her lied and shouldn't have been trusted. It was also obvious that she messed up by answering him. He could have tried to come in and found himself lost. Why didn't she just keep her mouth shut? She was internally cursing herself because she had been so stupid. Was anything that the stallion said even true? She didn't feel like Jax had been keeping her against her will. She had no idea what that felt like but she was going to find out. She bowed her head to show she wasn't going to fight and let out a heavy sigh with a heart broken whimper.
WC:153  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points