Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Moon Apartment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:51 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxM ᴏ ᴏ ɴ xxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏ xxxA ᴘ ᴀ ʀ ᴛ ᴍ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ xxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
User Image

xxxᴅ ɪ ᴀ ɢ ᴏ ɴ x ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴇ ʏ , E N G L A N Dxxx

Situated above Blood Moon Bath & Beauty, this comfy 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom flat is a veritable paradise for the Moon family. No more horrible slumlord, no more bugs, mold, or broken heat. And with some creative freedom (and a little magical help), Kinzlie decorated the flat and made it colorful, bright, and fun. It is a stark contrast to their old place, and they're happy for it.

User Image

xxxʟ ɪ ᴠ ᴇ ʀ ᴘ ᴏ ᴏ ʟ , E N G L A N Dxxx

A small, rent-controlled apartment in a rundown building houses the "New Moon" family. Kinzlie has had the apartment for 7 years after hopping from care center to women's shelter and more. All the furniture was either gotten from thrift shops or found on the side of the road. The landlord really doesn't care for the building, nor the tenants, so long as they pay rent on time. The building has had everything from mice and bugs to mold and mildew. Not to mention the oodles of repairs the place always seems to need.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:54 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxW ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ x A ʀ ᴇ x W ᴇ ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxKɪɴᴢʟɪᴇ Mᴇʀᴀᴅʏᴛʜ Mᴏᴏɴxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Wᴏʀᴋ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Lᴏɴᴅᴏɴ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxSᴇʙᴀsᴛɪᴀɴ Kᴏʟᴛᴇʀ Mᴏᴏɴxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ || Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Tᴏᴡɴ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:58 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹Floo Address: New Moon Flat

⟹Unlike most of Diagon, the Moon family often key-locks their flat, due to habit from their old place.

⟹The flat has a custom-built cat playground, made by Aeron Heulwen

⟹Visitors are always welcome, so long as you let someone know you're coming

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

Zoot - Seb's black tripod kitty

Gingie - Kinzlie's fluffy ginger tabby cat

xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Apartment 3C

⟹ Spotty Wifi Service - NewMoonFam - Password: SebbyK15649

⟹ Watch out for the neighbors, they have sticky fingers

⟹ If you see a mouse or bug... Just pretend you didn't, okay?

⟹ All the furnishings were either found at thrift shops or along the roadside. But Kinzlie and Seb do their best to keep things tidy

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

Zoot - Seb's Black Tripod Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Sebastian and ????
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Birthday-Day!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Not again, not today!

Kinzlie woke up after a rough night of work, hearing Seb in the kitchen. She released a big yawn, then pushed herself up to a lifted angle on the couch where she'd fallen asleep. Messy blue curls fell in front of sleepy green eyes, but as she looked over at the kitchen, Seb wasn't there. Where had he gone off to? "Good morning, Mama! I made breakfast. It's flapjacks, some bacon, and apples that I sprinkled cinnamon on and heated up. I thought maybe it'd taste kinda like a pie." The newly-turned eleven year old set up the little tables they'd gotten for the couch meals they often ate.

"Sebby, sweetheart, you didn't have to make breakfast. It's your birthday, bubby. I should've cooked for you this morning." Without missing a beat, a happy voice replied from the kitchen, slightly muffled by the fridge door. "Nonsense, mama. I'm glad to make you breakfast any ol' day." Kinzlie pushed herself to sock-clad feet, another yawn escaping as she walked into the kitchen. "Here, I'll get the plates and carry them in. Do you want to grab us some juice? Or milk, maybe. If we still have some." She carried the plates in, followed by her son carrying mismatched cups with grape juice inside. "Maybe we can make a little cake later. I think we have all the ingredients in the recipe book, I'm just not real' good at using the oven."

How could she say no to those big eyes of his. "We'll see what we can do, okay?" The two ate in relative quiet, a bit of music playing on their small radio, interspersed by ads. "Okay, bubby. Let's get dressed and we can walk down to the grocery. See if we can get something nice for your big birthday dinner." Of course, both knew it wouldn't... couldn't be anything terribly fancy, but Kinzlie had set aside a couple extra quid to try and make their meal special. Never had she done that for her own birthdays, but an eleventh birthday was special and she wanted to celebrate her sweet little guy. "Maybe pasta? We can get the twirly noodles instead of the spaghetti ones? I can even help cook. We make a great team."

oOoOoOoOoOo

After their small shopping trip (and getting Seb's twirly noodles), the duo returned home. Seb volunteered to put away the shopping, so Kinzlie started to tidying the main room. After only a couple minutes of work, a knock sounded at their front door. Kinzlie told Seb to hang out over toward the kitchen as she walked over and unlocked the door. Standing there was a well dressed woman with a soft seeming expression. Immediately, Kinzlie felt her heart drop, knowing what the woman must be here to do. "Good afternoon, my name is N-" "Look, Ma'am. I... let's step out in the hall, please? For a moment?" She seemed a bit surprised, but stepped back, allowing Kinzlie to step out and close the door behind herself.

"I understand you have a job to do. And I'm sure Seb's teacher called and said something awful about me, but please. Please don't launch an investigation. Not today. Please, come any other day and I'll gladly talk, but today... Today is Sebastian's birthday. It's the one day a year I try to make things better for him. I-I promise we'll answer your questions.. but you can't take him away from me.

Not today... please."

{{Wearing :: Kinzlie :: Sebastian :: Nora}}
          {K - #B19CD9}{S - #FF9966}{N - #8DB600}

❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤
          Tʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, ᴅᴇᴀʀ, ᴀs I ʟᴀʏ sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ, I ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇᴅ I ʜᴇʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴍs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴀᴡᴏᴋᴇ, ᴅᴇᴀʀ, I ᴡᴀs ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ. Sᴏ I ʜᴜɴɢ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍʏ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ, ᴍʏ ᴏɴʟʏ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ sᴋɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢʀᴀʏ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴅᴇᴀʀ, ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Moon Apartment - Liverpool
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Kinzlie & Sebastian Moon
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Poor dears...

Nora was getting ready for her next assignment, a young boy named Sebastian Moon. The address was in Liverpool, and the neighborhood (at least according to Google Maps) seemed rather rough. Once she was all ready to go, she tucked Sebastian's letter in her handbag, then apparated away. Walking the few blocks between her Apparation point and the apartment, Nora kept close eyes on her surroundings. It wouldn't do to be mugged on her walk, would it? Finding the rather dilapidated flat building, Nora walked up the squeaky stairs to the third floor. Finding door C, she knocked softly, wondering how today would go. Her last house call had been the highly religious McNamara family, and Nora quite hoped today would go smoother than that had been.

Of course, nothing was ever quite smooth. A young (maybe early twenties?) woman stepped out, so Nora began to introduce herself. "Good afternoon, my name is N-" The younger woman quickly cut her off, requesting they step to the hallway. Nora was a bit taken aback, but indeed took a step to allow the woman out. A small exhale left the older woman, listening as the younger, most likely Kinzlie Moon, implored her not to investigate, not to take away Sebastian. A small pain touched Nora's heart, but she gently took hold of Kinzlie's hand. "Oh, my sweet dear. I promise I'll do nothing of the sort. I have good news, and certainly do not wish to break apart your family. Please, may I come in and speak with you and Sebastian?"

Dark green eyes narrowed a bit, an almost instant distrust. Nora worried about the young woman's reaction, but after a moment, she simply sighed and opened the door, gesturing for the guest to step inside. "Sorry, it's a bit of a mess. Um. You're free to sit wherever... or whatever. Hey, Sebby? C'mere please. I think we're going to have a talk with Miss... oh, I didn't catch your name." Kinzlie gestured for her son to join them, and he walked over to stand beside his mom. "Nora Heulwen. I'm here on behalf of a special school, and we would like to extend an invitation."

"Special? Like... Seb is just fine. He's a little distracted sometimes, but aren't all kids? I... I was?" Kinzlie quickly interjected, wrapping her son in her arms. "Oh, no, sweet loves. The news I bring is that Sebastian here... is a wizard. He has magic inside him, and the school I work with teaches young witches and wizards to hone that magic for all aspects of life." A silence so strong they could hear Zoot licking his toes followed her words, then Sebastian spoke on the matter. "Magic? Me? Are you sure? I can't even figure out how to do the 'make a pence coin vanish' trick that some of the kids in my class can do."

He seemed so confused, yet so curious. "That one can be hard to master for sure. But in this case, I'm talking real and true magic. Here, watch." Nora pulled her wand from her handbag, twirling it in practiced motion. All at once, the broom started a job of sweeping about the room, the dishes began to wash themselves in the sink, and a soft earthy smell filled the room. Both of the Moons gasped, watching in surprise. Nora next offered Sebastian his school letter. "If you would like, we can go to get all your supplies today. I can take you to Diagon Alley, the magical shopping area in London."

"London? Wait. Today? How much is this all going to cost? And where is the school? London's a 4 hour drive from here. Not like we've got a car, but how do you expect us to afford all this?" Kinzlie asked, looking at the letter in her son's hands. "To answer each question. Everything he'll need from school will be covered. We have a fund to help any of the kids that need a hand. The Alley is in London, but with magical transport, we can be there in only a matter of seconds. And the school, Hogwarts, is in the Scottish Highlands. It is a boarding school, where Sebastian can learn the magical skills, join clubs, play sports, and so much more... all at no cost." The family looked between themselves for a moment, before Kinzlie hugged Sebastian's shoulders.

"Can Mama come shopping with us? That way we can learn together, plus asking questions and stuff. My teacher says good questions are important, after all."

{{Wearing :: Kinzlie :: Sebastian :: Nora}}
{K - #B19CD9}{S - #FF9966}{N - #8DB600}

I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴅ, ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴀʀs ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴏɴᴇs. Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, Tʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs
Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴋɴɪғᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢɪғᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ Gᴏᴅ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀ sʟᴏᴡʟʏ, sᴛᴇᴘ ʙʏ sᴛᴇᴘ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:51 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Panic
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Plan figuring
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What am I to do??

Kinzlie sighed as she walked home from a rough night of work. As much as she missed her kiddo, it was a little easier to work while he was at school. She was even trying to build up a savings, though it wasn't much. It was also a little easier to come home, since her night work usually required a couple changes of clothes. Her new day job was at a little cafe, and though her manager was a creep, at least the tips were decent. Maybe eventually she'd get a job that had actual pay...

As she walked into the flat building, the apartment manager cleared his throat, then spoke up. "MOON! Where has your shitty brat been? Normally he's roaming around, annoying everyone in the lobby. Not that I'm sorry to see him go." Kinzlie froze, turning to look at the sour-faced older man. "Um... he's at school, Mr Blackwell. He goes to a..." "A dumb kid's school, I know. But per your lease rules, the idiot has to live here full time. Plus, I saw that caseworker lady come and collect him. I know for a fact he was taken away finally. So you need to get the hell out."

Kinzlie gasped sharply, dark eyes going wide. "M-Mr Blackwell, no! Seb is at school, not... not taken away. That woman was just part of the school's.... invite team?" She felt a surge of worry pulse through, hoping she could convince him to let her stay. "Am I supposed to buy that bullshit? Just like the many times you've been late on your lease. Or when your dumbass kid knocked over my whole shelf of photos. Or when he got stuck in the lift! Or fell down the stairs. He's a walking nightmare. And I don't want him here. Or you. Because I can rent to someone who will actually pay their ******** bill."

The two locked eyes for a moment, with Kinzlie looking entirely nervous. "But sir, please give me another chance! I-I know I'm late, but I can pay... um... Friday, I think? I-I think that's when I get paid..." She babbled out, tears lining her lashes as she tried desperately to think of a plan. "I've given you many chances, Moon! But, I'm a generous man, so one more. If you pay me by the end of the day, then I'll kick you out next month. Otherwise, you've got a week."

After begging and pleading a bit more, the man stubbornly refused to change his answers. Kinzlie walked up the stairs, pausing to sit on her couch and cry for a moment. After a big breath, she lifted her phone, dialing the only person she figured might be able to help. After a couple rings, thankfully, a voice answered on the other end.

"Hello? What can I do for you, dear?"

"Miss Nora? I-I could really use some help right now...."

{{Wearing :: Cute Clothes}}{{Part 1/3ish}}
          {K - #B19CD9}{B - #CD3700}{N - #8DB600}

❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤
          ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:36 am
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Moon Apartment - Liverpool
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Kinzlie & Nani, my girls
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Mom Duties
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? So help me, if I see that man...

Nora had been playing Cluedo with Meallan and Nani when her phone chirped loudly. Looking at the screen, she saw it was a call from Kinzlie Moon. She gently pat her grandson's head, then stepped quickly to her room to take the call. Kinzlie spoke through obvious sobs, saying her landlord had started the eviction process after thinking Nora herself had taken Sebastian through CPS. She promised she'd be over shortly, then stepped to the living room and requested Nani join her in the room while Aeron took Mea outside for a bit.

"Nani, dear... Is the flat above your shop still empty, by any chance? I may need to help with your lease for a friend of mine." She spoke softly, making sure both were turned slightly away from the window to prevent peeping from the little one. "I think there's some boxes up there, but otherwise it's empty. And I wouldn't need paid, we just re-signed the lease two months ago, so it's paid for the next ten months. Is this the little family you met this summer? The ones with the sketchy apartment?"

Nora sighed softly, then offered a small nod. "It sure is, the Moon family. The man thinks I took her son as part of CPS, and not school. Her lease mentions both have to be living there, and he's convinced her son's gone. I was hoping to find a place that's safer... and maybe less bug and rat infested..." Nani looked at her mom, then gave a small nod. "She can definitely move in, and I don't mind helping pack up. I'm sure dad won't mind hanging out with Mea for a few hours or so. What's our timeline?"

"A week, unless she pays today, which I'm not sure of. But we have magic on our side."

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Nora apparated alongside her daughter to the safe point in Liverpool, then walked the couple blocks to the rundown flathouse where Kinzlie Moon lived. "Well, here it is. I will warn that the lift doesn't work, the stairs are a bit creaky, and the railing is wobbly. We're headed for 3C. And if I spot the landlord, I have a few words to share." Nora offered, stepping over to hold the door for her daughter. "Oooh, someone's gonna get a mama lecture. Better not let us spot him, I'd hate to get in a fight." Nani grinned, pointed canines exposed. Nora sent over a disapproving look, then shook her head once.

"I know, I know. 3C, you said? Let's start up these stairs." Nora rolled her eyes playfully, then led the way up the squeaky steps. Once in front of the door, Nora knocked thrice, wondering what state the flat might be in. It wasn't but a moment before the door was opened by a rather disheveled Kinzlie. "Oh Nora, thank god. I-I don't know what to do. It's so scary. I-I'm gonna lose everything. Our house, clothes, furniture..... and what about poor Sebby??" She started, all in a tizzy. Nora reached out and gently held Kinzlie's shoulders. "Hey, breathe. Don't you dare worry. We've got a plan and we'll get everything handled. May we come in?"

Kinzlie drew in a deep breath, then stepped back to allow the others entrance. Nora led her to the couch, where the girls all sat down. "Alright, dear. Here's our plan. You remember Nani's shop in Diagon Alley?" After a small nod, Nora continued. "Okay, well, there's an empty flat above the shop. It's already been paid for, and no rent will be due for at least ten months. Nani's already agreed to you moving in upstairs so that you and Sebastian have a nice home."

"B-but... are you sure???" Kinzlie's voice sounded distressed, tears still sitting atop her lashes. At that, Nani interjected. "Absolutely. And what's more, I can offer you a job. You'd have steady hours, nice pay, and a nice home in the magical world. Plus, it's two bedrooms, so you both would have your own room. Dad's already said you can take the queen size out of my old bedroom, and the full size out of Max's old room. That way you and Sebastian would already have beds. And if you didn't want to work at the shop with me, there's about 15 other jobs on the Alley where you wouldn't need magic." Nani grinned brightly, hoping to help poor Kinzlie.

"Not only that, but we could help you study for the W.O.M.B.A.T.s. That is, the Wizard's Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test. They're sort of like a GED exam, where you could get a magical degree and more job opportunities. It's an all-written set of exams, so they are usually sat by Squibs, or non-magical folks from magic families, Muggles, or even magical kids who were tutored at home, rather than educated at one of the magical schools. If passed, you'll have more access to magical locations, otherwise hidden by magical restrictions. That'll allow you to see places such as Hogsmeade... and Hogwarts itself."

"So I could go visit Sebby?"

{{Wearing :: Nora :: Nani :: Kinzlie}}{{Part 2/3ish}}
{Nora - #8DB600}{Nani - #61B329}{Kinzlie - #B19CD9}

I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴅ, ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴀʀs ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴏɴᴇs. Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, Tʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs
Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴋɴɪғᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢɪғᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ Gᴏᴅ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀ sʟᴏᴡʟʏ, sᴛᴇᴘ ʙʏ sᴛᴇᴘ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:12 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Nora & Nani
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Watching her destroy Blackwell
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Holy wow

Kinzlie couldn't believe all the news that Nora and Nani were offering. A new apartment, a steady new job.... and help with a test for the magical world. Tears fell around her once more, but this time out of relief and joy. "Okay, so the flat... you said it's already paid up? So I wouldn't need to pay rent for a bit? Then maybe I can save up, e-especially if I have a job... or I can get two and save more... then when Sebby comes home, I can get him something really nice. He deserves the world, but I've never been able to afford it." She wiped tears away, allowing herself to fall into Nora's comforting hug.

The three took a few more minutes to relax, then they started working on packing up. It wasn't long after that someone knocked hard on the door. "LAST CALL, MOON. PAY ME NOW OR I THROW YOU OUT." A voice boomed from the hallway, earning an angry frown from Nora. The woman pushed to her feet, brows furrowing. "What's his name? I want to make sure I call him the right thing as I read him the riot act." Her normally maternal voice now had a flat edge to it that startled Kinzlie a bit... Nani, however, seemed unfazed. "Um, Blackwell. Mister Tristain Blackwell." Nani offered a small hand for Kinzlie to hold, and both watched as Nora walked over and pulled open the door.

"Ah, Mister Blackwell. Finally, we meet. Ah, I see you remember me. You were wrong about me being CPS, however, you were close. See, what I'm doing is protecting Miss Moon's rights, which you have violated at every turn. These flats are certainly not up to code, not for any safe living contract I've ever seen. Not to mention in Miss Moon's lease, it does stipulate that any month wherein the flat does not meet legal standards, in this case literally the bare minimum, Miss Moon is entirely eligible to refuse payment until the issues are addressed. So while you are in direct violation of those rules, we'll go ahead with the next issue-" "Wha...?" "Which is this illegal eviction. As you know, tenants are granted no less than thirty days for eviction, however, in cases where you have no reason for removal - and no, pretending her son was removed is not a reason - tenants are afforded no less than sixty days. So, we sure will make sure to move out swiftly, but you'll be liable for up to nine years worth of Miss Moon's rent, as well as judgement against you for providing unsafe locations to live. This will mean you'll need to get this place fully up to code, including appliance repair, insect and rodent removal, mold and mildew cleanup, working lift and properly secured steps.... and whatever else I can make stick."

Nora sent over a stern gaze, and the man gasped like a fish out of water. "I... um... don't worry about rent. And take the two months. I'll... I'll go..." He wandered off, looking more confused than ever. Nora nodded once, then stepped back inside. "Holy crow, mom. You just ruined that man's whole career. Good job." Nora sent over a happy little grin. "Well, that law class I took must've been good for something. So now, let's get this place packed up and get you moved somewhere safe, my dear."

Kinzlie sent a grin, quite confident in Nora's solution. She had been so right to call the woman. Besides, Nora was like a mom to her, and Nani now, a sister.

{{Wearing :: Cute Clothes}}{{Part 3/3ish}}
          {Kinzlie - #B19CD9}{Blackwell - #CD3700}{Nora - #8DB600}{Nani - #61B329}

❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤
          ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200