Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Cloak & Coven - Open for Business! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Milan, Bieito
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Scones and Jams
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I love their magic

Ella shook her head playfully when Linsey noted that being busy made the day go faster. The younger wanted to add that it also made the day so much more draining, but Linsey acknowledged Ella's feelings before the brunette could speak them. It was then that the older asked if Elle would be interested in going to choir with her, Aunt Fi, and Finn. Immediately, the girl felt her heart shoot up into her throat, but maybe she could go for support? "Sure, Linsey. I-I can go with you guys." Of course, she was putting in a huge load of faith in making sure her family didn't try to drag her up on stage with the other choir members. From what Ella had seen of their church sessions, the choir was large and lovely. Plus Linsey sang with the grown-ups, and Ella's measly twelve years in age probably wouldn't warrant that.

Once inside, Ella followed her sister's lead and hung up her coat. After all, it would be rude to keep wearing it. Linsey explained the cookies, and Ella wanted to add that she helped, but not with the baking part itself. She still hadn't worked out how to bake things without setting off fire alarms. "Linsey's a master in the kitchen. I've never had something she baked that wasn't amazing." Milan chimed in from somewhere under a mess of fabric. A few seconds later, he'd wiggled out and stood, a variety of straight pins sticking out from his mouth where he'd been holding them to keep his hands free. "That's what I'd heard, but I mist just be missing them at school. Merci de bien vouloir." He said with a small bow as he lifted up one of the gingerbread cookies.

After Milan said they'd be inviting Bieito into working with them, Linsey seemed alright with it. She even offered over her sketchbook, which Milan took happily. The pins were now missing, though Ella noticed a pincushion looking similarly more full. "These look awesome, Linz. And I think Ella would be a perfect model for that dress. And for the spring line... I definitely like the idea. I think it could work really well, but we'd have to have someone super talented take the lead." He nudged the blonde gently as he sneaked a shortbread cookie. "Well, that's Linsey's area..." Ella could sew, but she wouldn't exactly call it "good" by any means. She'd mostly learned to keep her clothes intact while living with the Antonovs. She couldn't create beautiful dresses from only fabric and thread the way Linsey, Milan, and Vera were able. Honestly, Ella thought it must be a magic of its own. Soft brown eyes glanced over at the beautiful formal dresses with layers of floating material, wishing (not for the first time) that she'd ever been able to dance among the adults wearing their fancy formalwear. Maybe eventually...

{{Wearing :: Ella || Milan || Bieito}}
          Llewella - #5B92E5 || Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Bieito, Linsey, and Ella
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Breaking big news
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I do hope she'll come along!

Milan had been working on hemming, which meant he was flipped upside-down over a chair to get his angles right. Apparently he was weird for doing it, at least in Bieito's standards. Honestly, the older was still reeling from all the news he'd learned the previous night. He had a brother, much less a half-veela brother. And the kid was interested in fashion, though more on the modeling side... Which would make him good to bring along for fashion weeks in the future, if nothing else. At least they wouldn't have to hire out models, which would save some money.

While nibbling on a shortbread cookie, blue eyes looked over the sketches Linsey had shared. "This summer we've got a few wedding dresses to complete as well. June is the most popular month for weddings. One of them is on the form over there, but isn't due for another week. The other dress.... ugh that lady is stressing me out. She's changed her mind eight different times, telling me each time that she'd thought up the 'perfect' dress." He rolled his eyes, thinking (and not for the first time) that customers were the worst part of fashion. "Maybe Linsey can figure out a design for that lady. I've seen her designs around school, plus I've heard lots of people talk about her skill in art. Mostly from that really tall kid a grade up from me. He's in your house, Linsey. Um... Lewis, I think." Bee had heard the older kid gush about all the other artists in the school, so he'd definitely heard Linsey's name in the mix.

"We can always see about it. If anyone's going to figure it out, it'd be Linsey or Vera. Or anyone that isn't me. I just get frustrated with her." He paused a second, then shifted his attention onto Linsey in full. "Oh, and while you're here, we got an official invite to the New York Fashion Week this summer. I'd pay the way, hotel rooms, food, fashion, and fun. You'd be seventeen, so per US standards you'd need a parent to sign off on the trip, but otherwise, I'd want you along with us. Though you'd need three designs all your own, you'd be entered in the teen designer competition... Or, of course, you can just come along with us to watch the shows and be an assistant in my designs. Because I have to do ten cohesive designs, which means a busy few months leading up. But I figured you'd be interested in the boost to your portfolio. Ella can come along too, of course. Or anyone in your family. I'd just need to know how many rooms to book."

{{Wearing :: Milan || Bieito || Ella
          Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2 || Ella - #5B92E5
          Graydon Ironshield

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙʟᴀᴢᴇ ᴏғ ɢʟᴏʀʏ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! I'ʟʟ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴡ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ
          Dᴏᴅɢɪɴɢ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘᴀsᴛ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴsᴜɴɢ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴀ Mᴏɴᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟɪɴɢ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʏ
          "Cᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ! Iᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ!"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:18 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Linsey was pleased Ella was at least open to the idea of going to choir practice with them. As much as she would have liked to see Ella share her talents with others, and Linsey had no plans to push her to try, she wanted for Ella to be more comfortable in social situations. Choir practice wasn’t as chaotic as other situations might be, if anything they were rather low-key, since everyone basically knew everyone else, it was as much a chance to catch up with friends as it was getting performances down for Sunday morning. The only issue that could come up was when a bunch of them would go to Old Angus’ pub afterwards to have snacks and drinks (Linsey would always get ginger ales). The owners wouldn’t care if Ella went in with them, being a public house, but it could definitely be loud in there, especially if a football match was on the telly.

Linsey blushed a bit at the compliment offered her, and said cheerfully, “ N’y pensez pas, je suis heureux de le faire.” Bieito mentioned missing her cooking at school, she offered, “You’re more than welcome to pop in during Cooking Club; we’ve always got something going. We get visitors regularly because they can smell something down the hallway, and want to check it out

She was happy when Milan liked her ideas, including the dress she drew up to create for Ella. It was her plan to make it at school when she had time to do so. When Milan floated the idea of her taking the lead on the spring designs, she smiled, and said, “Well, I can definitely send designs from school for you and Vera to approve and fix as necessary. There’s only so much I’m able to do, and Mom and Dad would have my hide if I put work before school and allowed my grades to slip. What d’ya think, Ella, fancy being a model?” as she asked her sister this, Linsey started striking exaggerated high-fashion modeling poses, in an effort to get Ella to laugh, if nothing else.

Milan started talking about the workload, including a problematic customer who’d already rejected eight of his designs for a wedding dress, and Linsey smiled and blushed a little when Bieito mentioned what he’d heard of her work, especially what Lewis touted. “Lewis is my Vice Captain, and he’s got art in his veins, but then his dad, whose shop is just down the lane here, was the founder of the club… I’d like to have a crack at that wedding dress; I’ve never designed one before, so it ought to be fun. Just need particulars on our customer, their physiognomy, for starters, but also her personality, favourite colours, animals, birthstone, what House she attended, et al. Afterall, this is for the most important day of her life, seems to me we should incorporate as much of her story in the design as we can. The gauntlet’s been thrown down, so I say ‘game on, release the Quaffle and let’s play Quidditch.”

Her blue eyes practically lit up as she heard Milan’s news, and she gasped with increasing excitement, “Oh, that’s fantastic, Milan. This’ll be huge for everybody. Of course, I want to be there, and I’d love to get in on that competition. Even if I just get an honourable mention, it’ll be a feather in the cap for the Art Club, and it’ll be something to put in my portfolio. I can create three designs and make them at school; I’ve got things set up in the Art Room already to do the work, so that’s not an issue. I just have to do all of that, and keep up my grades and my other commitments, or Dad will veto the whole thing. If Ella wants to come, I want her there to share in the adventure, and more than likely Mom would come with to act as chaperone, but who knows, Dad might get time away to make it a family outing. Oh, wow, Milan, this is going to be fantastic.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:46 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Bieito, Linsey, and Ella
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Breaking big news
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Exciting exciting

Milan watched with a bit of glee as Linsey and Bee seemingly made friends. It was nice to see, especially if things went south with Bee's mom. And... from what Milan knew of the woman, they probably would. Or she'd start love-bombing the poor kid, but Milan was going to be there to fight back. Someone as nice as Bieito didn't deserve that crap. "Vous parlez français aussi? Oh, comme c'est beau!" Bee practically lit up, looking ever excited about people speaking his mother language. "But I will make sure to pop in. I don't really know how to cook much beyond the basics, but Milan said he'd teach me some." The shorter boy looked up at the taller, who nodded approvingly.

After Linsey thought about the spring line, she noted she'd try her best, but that school came first. Totally fine, after all, Milan would tell her the same. When she asked the smallest in the room about being a model, Ella looked startled. Thankfully, Linsey being silly made the girl laugh quietly. "Only for you, Linsey." Ella leaned against her sister, a look of adoration in her eyes. Milan smiled softly, glad that Linsey was able to give the girl a new life. Maybe he could eventually do the same for Bieito....

While discussing their stressful customer, Linsey said she'd try to take on the design. She asked about a lot of information, and Milan stepped into his office. Grabbing a folder, he walked back out. "Here you go, Linz. The most conflicting information you'll ever find. But she's also supposed to come in this afternoon, so you'll probably get a chance to meet her as well." Within the folder were several pages of notes, each attached to a design made to meet the specifications. All had been denied, with her giving more things she wanted instead. But maybe Linsey could figure it out. "You didn't tell me that Linsey was such a go-getter! She's ready to take on like eight challenges first thing in the morning."

Milan laughed, straightening his jacket before stepping to switch the signage to show they were open just as the clock chimed the hour. As the eldest there offered news of the big Fashion Week upcoming that summer, Linsey seemed ecstatic. Milan leaned against one of the tables, dark blue eyes sparkling with excitement. She spoke on how it'd be good for the art club and her portfolio. She said she could create the designs and work on making them at school, though she had to keep up her grades and other tasks. "I figured you might be excited. But don't worry, we have a couple months before we have to have solid answers. I'd need to send them in by the end of February, but the sooner the better, of course. But there will also be some time after school to work as well. About a month, since Fashion Week is mid-July. So as long as you've gotten a start, it can be done then too. Don't worry, I'm not going to let you fail at this or destroy your other obligations either."

Ella looked between the three older teens, eyes wide. "You really want me to come? I... don't want to be in your way, but I can try to help too..." She offered, shifting nervously. Bieito also chimed in with an offer to help. "It'll be awesome. Two sets of siblings, two fashion icons building their brand.... It'll be awesome. Plus, Ella, if you want modeling tips, I'm your guy! I've watched my mère hundreds of times." He sent over a thumbs up, though the smaller brunette shifted to hide behind her sister's safety. "I don't think she'd be walking the runway in New York, Bee. I wouldn't even do that. Way too much pressure. But if you think you could handle it, we can see about something like that..."

{{Wearing :: Milan || Bieito || Ella
          Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2 || Ella - #5B92E5
          Graydon Ironshield

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙʟᴀᴢᴇ ᴏғ ɢʟᴏʀʏ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! I'ʟʟ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴡ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ
          Dᴏᴅɢɪɴɢ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘᴀsᴛ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴsᴜɴɢ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴀ Mᴏɴᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟɪɴɢ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʏ
          "Cᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ! Iᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ!"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:26 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Oui, j’étudie la langue depuis que je suis à l’école primaire, et je... euh, j’aime lire des romans d’amour français et j’ai lu des revues de mode de Paris pour m’aider à trouver des idées de choses à concevoir,” she said to Bee, her confession of enjoying a particular genre of French literature came with a bit of a blush, but there was something to be said about the passions with which certain writers poured into their prose which reading it in the intended language was the only way to truly appreciate it. With a titter of self-conscious laughter, Linsey switched to something she was more comfortable discussing.

Well, the whole point of the club is to learn and appreciate the cooking arts. We have plenty of folk who’d be happy to help you pick up some things. Callum is quite the baker, and Tam is really handy in the kitchen, and he knows Scottish cuisine. This year, I decided to try teaching the Charms they used to teaching in the old Cooking with Magic class, which has been an interesting exercise for me.”

When Linsey was ‘vogueing’, and then Ella told her she’d model only for her, she reached over and side-hugged her little sister. “Hmmm, there’s an idea. Mom and Dad would love getting a nice sit-down portrait of you for Christmas.” Milan handed her the folder, and she began to leaf through the contents therein. She quickly read through his notes and checked out the sketches he’d already done, all of which were declined apparently by their customer’s dismissive eye. “I see what you mean there, Milan. Well, I’ll be happy to talk to her this afternoon and see what I can come up with. I think we can come up with something she’ll be happy with that completely her. With a little luck, I can have roughs for you before close; I just hope she doesn’t get mad having the designwork passed off to a complete tyro. Still, I’ve never thought I’d design a wedding dress, except for maybe for Ella someday.” With that, she gave her sister a gentle caress of the shoulder, and a gentle wistful smile.

Oh, good,” was her reaction to learning the timetable wouldn’t be as tight as she originally thought, as she’d had visions of getting off the train and immediately traveling to New York City on a business trip. “Maybe the assembly can be done here, and I’ll still have time to help you get your collection ready for the show as well. We can do this, I know it.” She nodded and added, “I’m definitely not doing anything to mess up school, that’s for sure. If nothing else, I’ve got Ella and Finn looking to me, and I’ll not fail them.”

Ella asked if they really wanted her along on the trip, and Linsey told her, “Of course, I want you there. This is the chance of a lifetime, Ella, you’ll get to visit the United States, its way different than Ireland, but it’ll be fun seeing all that we’ll have time to see while we’re there. More than that, you’ll get to see how the fashion industry works. You’ll have a fun story to tell folks when we get back to school.”

The white-haired Sixth Year was a little surprised at Bee’s thought of offering modeling tips to Ella, causing her sister to skitter nervously behind her. “Well, as far as modeling is concerned, I’ll be the one coming to you. I plan on modeling at least one or two of the pieces at the show myself; I won’t put somebody in something I wouldn’t wear myself in front of cameras, and certainly nothing my parents would be ashamed to see me in. You might consider doing the same, Milan. I’ve got the impression this will be rather like a talent show, in that the winners will be the ones who’ll be remembered best by the judges, I think modeling our designs ourselves would help in that.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Milan, Bieito
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Fashion Talk
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She thinks I could be a model?

Ella wondered vaguely what Linsey and Bieito were saying as they spoke in French, but it wasn't really her place to ask. "C'est fantastique! Un tel dévouement à la langue. J'ai aussi beaucoup de recommandations de livres français. Et les magazines de mode français ne sont-ils pas si sympathiques? Vous avez probablement vu ma mère poser dans certains modèles." Bee responded, happily speaking his language. "I was raised in France, which is how I know the language. Plus my mère and her whole family are French. Grand-mère and Grand-père only speak French. Not that they really talk to me. Sassy veelas." He rolled his eyes and Ella noticed a look of concern from Milan. How interesting.

Brown eyes looked back toward Linsey when she mentioned the people in Cooking Club. One of which was Callum. He still kept trying to get Ella to eat his baking every chance he got, though she was determined to make him eat some of her baking next time... if she could stop burning it, that is. Somehow recipes always ended with the food either ending up still raw or fully burnt. It was weird. "The charms are pretty neat. I'm still working on them, though." Ella offered, hoping to keep her sister happy. With the agreement to try and model for Linsey, the older of the girls said it would be something that their parents would love for Christmas. "But Christmas is in a few days. Unless you already have an outfit in mind?" Knowing Linsey, well, she just might.

"There's an idea. I'm sure there are lots of dresses even here that we could modify to fit you. Then I can get Daphne to take some nice pictures of both of you for your parents." Milan shrugged, earning a deflated look from Ella. "But no matter what, I'm sure they'd be happy just having you both for the holidays." He grinned, still not really sure what parents wanted for holidays. Ella stood on tiptoes to look through the folder Linsey had been given, wondering just what the lady was thinking. Of course, Linsey said she could get the roughs done that night. Ella was about to offer help when Linsey said she planned to eventually design her a wedding dress. The brunette blushed and hid her face in Linsey's side. She was twelve! Twelve and maybe didn't even like boys.... or girls. Or anyone, really. But she certainly wasn't about to get wed!

"Aw, you'd do great, Linz. And don't worry, I won't tell her you're still in training. All she needs to know is that you're a designer that works at the shop. If you can figure out what she wants, it's more power to you." After Ella's cheeks calmed down, she stepped over a bit, returning to watch the scene unfold. "I can help with the fashion stuff at school too, Linsey. I'm not nearly as good as Milan or Vera, but I can sure try." Bee offered to assist, hoping it made the Ravenclaw feel a bit less clustered. "A-and I can help watch Finn to give you more time..." Ella added, thinking it must be because Finn was younger than them that Linsey needed to mind him.

The shortest there reached up and gently held her sister's hand once more, smiling softly as Linsey explained she'd like her to go along. It'd be a once in a lifetime sort of chance to go to the States and see the fashion world. "And for more time with you and Mother Hannah." She nodded, messy hair falling over her eyes as it so often did. Thankfully, Linsey said she'd be the one to model, not Ella. "Oh, of course, of course. If you design for males, I'd happily model as well, but if it's a ladies line I might not have the right form." Bee laughed happily, gesturing to his lack of curves. Unlike Milan who had a more toned figure, of course. Then again, the taller male wore corsets, which added curves.

"As much fun as modeling sounds, I'm more of a backstage sort of guy. Plus I'll be walking five models in succession, then doing a stand with them. I won't be able to model my own clothes in the show. But I am going to make myself something nice. Plus I don't think my hair can survive the show." He gestured at his eternally stuck-up hair, despite having combed it only a short while ago. "Though I definitely think you'd have an advantage modeling for yourself. If you wanted, you could model one for me. That way I'd have both you and Bee in the show. Ella wouldn't like modeling for me, because the show I'm in is going to have a big audience with lots of press. Though I'm excited for it." Ella looked between the other three, who all seemed happy about the New York situation. Perhaps it would be pretty fun after all...

{{Wearing :: Ella || Milan || Bieito}}
          Llewella - #5B92E5 || Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2
          Graydon Ironshield

As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 3:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cloak & Coven - Diagon Alley
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan Wellbelove
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Suit Fitting
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A connection already?

It had been a long day, but finally, Serghei was out of the house. His parents had educated him for a good hour about how to survive alone in London. Apparently they thought it was a garbage city.... but oh well. Serghei had gone to the Ministerul Romaniei to collect a portkey. It transported him to the British Ministry, since it was a designated safe space. He summoned a taxicab and it whisked him to a nice hotel that his Mother had set up for him. The location was central to Diagon Alley, where the Brits held a majority of their magical shops. It would also be his first stop for the day.

With his school transfer set up, the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts had sent him a letter containing all the supplies he would need. Serghei sighed as he waved his wand about, resizing previously shrunken luggage before carefully picking the outfit in which to make his debut. Once he was dressed, he took the short walk to the magical alleyway. An employee at the pub (such an odd entryway) showed him how to use the bricks, and Serghei stepped onto the alley proper. First thing first, he wanted to get new clothes. The letter advised a shop called Madame Malkins.... but he was much more interested in a formalwear shop. Stepping in, Serghei went to the front desk. "Oh, hello! My name's Milan, one of the designers here. Were you wanting to order, try on, or set up a custom fitting?" Serghei looked over at the well-dressed Brit, wondering how he could dress so sharp yet have such a messy mop of hair.

"Oh, da vă rog. I would like to order some new suits. I am transferring to Hogwarts and will need some sharp clothes to match." His stern Romanian accent seemed to startle the shopkeep. "Oh! Yes, of course. I have time now, so we'll go ahead and get started. Some of the other employees should be coming in shortly, so I'll be able to focus." Milan laughed, grabbing a book and a pen. "Can I grab a name to fill out?"

"Da, my name is Serghei Antonov. Mulțumesc." After providing more information, mostly about shipping and such, the two set to work. With a wave of his wand, Milan set up a tape to grab measurements while the two discussed needs and design ideas. "So I'm not sure how transfers work. Do you already know which house you'll be placed into?" Hopefully light conversation could make the time pass with a bit more ease. "Da, I will be moved to Ravenclaw for Seventh Year. It is the closest to Keltainen at Durmstrang.

"Hey, nice! I graduated from Ravenclaw. And you'll be in the same year as my apprentice Linsey. She's in Ravenclaw, going into seventh year. She should also be around here somewhere.... You'll get to meet her soon, anyway." Milan offered, looking a bit happy about the connection. "Oh, how nice. It will be good to know someone as I go into this new school." And that was true. Currently Serghei knew no one in the isles, but he definitely didn't want to stay at Durmstrang under his father's thumb...

{{Wearing :: Serghei :: Milan
          Graydon Ironshield

Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC
          Eᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ' 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟs sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ
          Lɪᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴀ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ, ᴛʀʏɴᴀ sᴛᴇᴀᴅʏ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇɪɴ' sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟsᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ. Iᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴠᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴋɪʟʟɪɴ' ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʜᴀᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʟʟ?
          Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ's ʟɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ! Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:03 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Linsey’s summer was already a busy one, starting with the first Sunday morning after returning home from Hogwarts. It was over Christmas break she learned one of the younger girls in the Youth choir had taken gravely ill, and she’d been asking for Linsey to visit her in the hospital. Just seeing her was enough to brighten little Bridget’s day, and Linsey gave her a stuffed owl and a necklace with an owl charm on it before singing softly to her to help her rest. Upon arriving at church, Linsey was greeted by a group of tweenaged girls, who led her over to where Bridgit was sitting, holding the stuffed owl, and the two of them hugged. Though she still wasn’t back to full health, Bridgit was on the mend, and able to sing with the choir once more. That morning, Linsey sang with both the Youth Choir and regular choir, including singing a solo.

The big Waterford Music and Art Festival came around again, and, of course, the Causeway Hares were set to appear. Linsey and Finn played and sang with the Hares on stage for at least a couple of numbers during the performances over that long weekend in June. Around this time, Linsey got her last supplies list for school, included in this was the notice that she was to be Head Girl during her Seventh Year. After getting over the surprise and starting to appreciate the responsibility she’d been bestowed with, Linsey sent out a mass mailing to all the current and incoming prefects, Club Captains and their aide-de-camps, asking them for ideas on a big year-end school project, putting forth her thoughts on a large art and fashion show, similar to the one Milan and Aria headed a couple years previously, benefiting the school’s clubs and other activities.

Occupying much of her time and energy though was the lead-up to the big trip to New York City. Linsey worked up several designs for the teenage designer’s competition for which Milan was sponsoring her. It took her much internal debate before coming up with her three designs she would submit, two of which she planned to model herself, the third being the ‘dream princess’ dress she intended for Ella to wear, giving her the chance to wear something like those dresses she knew Ella looked longingly at in the shop.

The plan was for Ella to walk the catwalk, with Linsey right there holding her hand. Granted there wouldn’t be near the audience, as the teen competition was with mainly parents and the like being present, but Linsey knew her sister would be very nervous anyway. As much as anything, Linsey wanted for Ella to have some fun getting dressed up and play-acting, as much as she knew she’d have fun doing the same, and trying her hand at modeling. No matter how the competition went, Linsey knew it would be a learning experience, and she’d have fun memories and photographs to show around when they got back.

For Mom, it was a bit of wish fulfillment, as she was designing her own clothes when she was a student at Hogwarts, but she never really took it to the level her elder daughter had. Every now and again, Hannah would take up her pencils and sketch out some ideas, but her main pursuits were painting and drawing, while running her art gallery. Dad managed to get some holiday time off from work, so he could be there for what would amount to a family experience in the United States. Seeing Linsey pursue her dreams thrilled him to no end.

After all these things, it was a bit of a letdown getting back to just doing work at the shop, and there was a difference between what was done for show and what was done for dough, as the aphorism went. Linsey came in this morning, and was already occupying herself by getting small jobs done around the shop. She already tidied up around the shop, and finished a couple of sewing customs, and was now in the process of getting some roughs drawn up for another custom job.

As was usual, Linsey was dressed professionally, and wore an out fit similar to Milan’s, though with her own spin. She wore a simple long black skirt, with low-heeled black leather dress shoes which would be comfortable walking about the shop in. This was paired up with a white dress blouse with long puffed sleeves, and a mother-of-pearl gray scarf she wore as a tie, with a bright robin’s egg blue sweater vest over top. Her long white hair was worn with bangs, and brushed back with a ribbon and a bow matching her vest.

Tucked in a quiet corner of the shop, and focused as she was on what she was doing, Linsey realized most of the morning was already gone. Glancing at a clock, she knew Mom and Ella would be showing up soon, having spent the morning getting some shopping done. She also became aware of other voices, Milan, for one, and somebody else’s, likely a customer. Hearing ‘Ravenclaw’, and her name mentioned got her attention, and got up from the chair she’d been sitting in while doing her sketches, and made her way towards where they were.

Standing with Milan was a tall young man with dark hair, and dressed similarly to her boss. She guessed him to be comparable in age to herself. ‘Wow, he’s cute,’ she thought, as she approached, the sketchbook she used exclusively for store customs clutched demurely to her chest, while one of her mechanical pencils was tucked over an ear. When she was sure she wasn’t interrupting, she said cheerily, “I heard my name being referenced. Linsey Grey-Cavendish, at your service.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:42 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan Wellbelove & Linsey Grey-Cavendish
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A connection already?

Serghei looked up as a young woman walked over. She was wearing a very professional outfit, though the blue of her sweater made the blue of her eyes really shine. She introduced herself as Linsey Grey-Cavendish, and he sent over a grin. "O plăcere, Linsey. My name is Serghei Antonov." If she was indeed in his year and house, he was quite excited indeed. "We had mentioned you as I am transferring in to Hogwarts for the final term. I was placed in Ravenclaw, as it most closely matches Keltainen."

Milan looked over at Linsey, nodding happily. "And you'd be in good hands with Linsey, she's a prefect and now Head Girl. It's a very prized honor." He ran a hand through his messy hair, standing to walk a few feet over and sort through some clothes. "Now, you'll still need to get a set of robes for when you're required to be in uniform, but I always paired a suit with mine and never had an issue. Bee, my brother, wears one too and he's just fine. Plus Linsey here dresses nicer than the requirements."

Serghei looked over as Milan plopped on a wheely stool and slid over to grab a sketchbook to start working. Measurements were written down and a design set in motion. "How delightful to know someone in such high honor. It is... fantezist for my Hogwarts career." He grinned over toward the blonde, happy that he was starting off knowing the right sorts of people. It didn't help that the person in question was very easy on the eyes. "So tell me about yourself, Linsey. It would do for us to be... prieteni, ah... friends."

Graydon Ironshield

Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 12:03 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

A pleasure to meet you,” Linsey said cheerfully, as she gazed at the young man, her attention now focused upon him. The mention of his patronym triggered a flash of recognition, given it was the last name of the family who’d been so cruel to Ella, however she also knew it to be a relatively common name, even amongst Wizarding circles. Now she was listening to him, Linsey noted his accent bore some similarities to Ella’s, though hers was a combination of Welsh and Romanian, and her familiarity with that portion of The Continent wasn’t all that. It wasn’t like listening to somebody from home, and being able to tell which county they were from. Still and all, she wasn’t about to start leveling accusations of black deeds, not on the clock as it were, and not without proof. The House name he mentioned was one she’d at least heard of, and she able to speak intelligently. “Ah, so you’re coming over from Durmstrang, that’s interesting. Wouldn’t mind comparing notes sometime; I’ve wondered what the differences are between the two schools as far as their approaches to magical training.”

As Milan mentioned her most recent accolade, Linsey felt a bit of heat rise to her cheeks, and she admitted, “Hmmm, and one I’m still finding hard to believe I’ve earned. Although, I will say, Milan, you did call it a couple years back.” Milan told Serghei needing robes and the like, and when he mentioned how well she dressed relative to the other students, she pointed out, “Well, as a prefect, there’ve been times where I’ve represented the school as a whole as well as my House, so….”

While Milan started getting to work, Linsey stood with Serghei, her head tipped to one side as she looked at him. She moved her hand to brush a stray lock of white hair from the vicinity of her eyes, only to have it tuck itself behind her ear. She smiled as he asked about her, and she answered with a sweet smile, “Well, there isn’t much to tell; I’m just a country girl from Waterford County, who’s something of a musician and something of an artist. I’m training with Milan to be a designer, and I’ve learned a lot from him, and Vera, of course. At school, I’m the Captain of a group of some of the most solid Quidditch players at Hogwarts, just as I am fortunate enough to do the same for a collection of amazing artists, and some superlative cooking talent.”

It was as she was chatting up Serghei that Linsey caught sight of her mother passing a window, and approaching the door to the shop…

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan, Linsey, Llewella?!?!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She's alive?!

Serghei was quite glad to have attention from Linsey. Those blue eyes of hers seemed to be studying him, which was admittedly a rather pleasant feeling. He straightened his posture a bit, wanting to feel presentable in the presence of a lady. So far he was the only of his brothers that hadn't dated, including his brother two years his junior. Though admittedly, he didn't know much about their relationships. So far, all of them were just as closed off and stone-faced as the patriarch of the Antonov family.

"Da, from Durmstrang. My family is from Romania, and they're the school to house us. Though I have plans to make a career in the UK, and what better place to go than to Hogwarts?" He sent over a toothy grin, but wondered what questions she might have about his school. "I have kept a good hold on my notes, so if you would like to compare, I'll make sure that I pack them. Anything for a curious soul, like yourself." Another charming grin was sent over, the teen quite excited by the prospect of spending more time with Linsey.

While Linsey was flushing and saying she didn't feel she'd earned the title, Milan sent over a grin from his crouched position. "I did indeed. You've worked hard to get that honor. And if you didn't deserve it, they wouldn't have given you the title." Serghei glanced down at the taller male, thinking he must be correct if he'd known she would become the Head Girl. Linsey added that she was also Prefect, and that she dressed professionally when she would need to represent the school alongside her house. "And I am sure you do well to bring honor to the titles bestowed upon you. I am also a Şeful Casei, or Prefect, though in my tongue." He honestly wasn't used to speaking this much English! Normally Father made them only speak their mother tongue when at home or anywhere together.

As the blonde spoke about herself, Serghei felt her life sounded infinitely more interesting than his own. His family so strictly regulated his time that he had precious free time to enjoy. "How charming a life. A musician, artist, and quidditch player? How fascinating. I play as well, though I figure I might have to give it up for my final year. I play Chaser and have been deemed quite skilled. Though if you are the coach, perhaps I will sign up for the team again." Serghei grinned over, excited by the prospect of joining a new team. Quidditch was an excellent hobby, but he knew it wouldn't become a career. Though it if was an excuse to spend time with other people holding similar hobbies, perhaps it would be worth it. "'Something of', don't let her fool you. Linsey's an excellent artist and musician. She's quite talented."

Serghei looked over when the bell over the door chimed, seeing a woman with deep indigo hair and a child hidden halfway behind her. "Hey you two, come on in." Milan spoke up, sounding cheerful. Serghei looked down at the other brunette, before turning his attention back to the others, who Milan seemed to know. "Here once I'm done, we can grab Bieito and go get l-" He started, cut off by a sharp squeak from the child that had walked in. It was then Serghei recognized those big, brown eyes that haunted him from many a memory.... like a ghost. Or at least, that's what he'd been told.

"Llewella?!"

Graydon Ironshield

Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mom, Linsey, Milan..... Serghei?!
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? School Shopping
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? How did he find me?!

Ella had been out shopping with Mom for some new things for school, which was nice. It was reassuring that she was now feeling more comfortable with the rest of her family. The only thing she'd really have to get before school were more clothes, though the ones from last year still fit nicely. Apparently that happened when one couldn't seem to grow. Though in effort to try and be a little taller, Ella had gotten a pair of short heels to try and get used to. It.. so far wasn't working well. Ella felt really wobbly! How did Linsey walk so effortlessly on even taller heels?

After gathering all her supplies for her classes, plus all the electives she'd signed up for. It had been a lot of discussions with the family, each with their own thoughts and opinions on her courses. Aunt Lynn had been probably the most outspoken on the subject, given she wanted Ella to take all the classes required for a Cursebreaking career. Thankfully the thought was quickly shot down... though Ella did sign up for the class, if only to see what the fuss was about.

Aunt Lynn had also tried to invite her along to Egypt as a summer activity, going Cursebreaking in the desert... which Ella thought sounded quite horrible. That too was shot down, mostly by Hannah, who didn't want harm to befall the newly teenaged girl. Honestly, Ella was glad someone else said it, since she didn't want to upset her aunt when she sounded so excited. As they walked up Diagon toward the shop where Linsey worked, Ella held hands with her mom, still so glad that the whole family accepted her so nicely.

It wasn't until they walked inside that anything changed. Milan greeted them, but he was hard at work... with someone whom Linsey seemed interested in. It took a second for Ella to shift around mom enough to see who it was. The second she saw his face, her heart fell to the floor. That was someone she hadn't expected to ever see again. She covered her mouth quickly as a squeak escaped her. How did the Antonovs find her?! And more importantly, where was Father?! Was he going to try to take her away from the Grey family? Was he going to try and ruin what she had thus far?!

And if it was only Serghei, why was he here alone? He said her name (although not well, given his accent sharpening the soft tones), meaning he'd recognized her too. "No.... no, no...." Ella felt tears already filling her eyes, the brunette tucking herself close against Hannah. She simply couldn't handle this right now. "What is this?! How are you... here?" Serghei questioned, looking both confused and upset. Ella was shaking hard with the terror and tears, clinging to her mom in desperate hope of safety. If the others were here... would her torment start over again?

{{Wearing :: Summer Chic}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Ella - #5B92E5
          Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 2:41 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Well, I’d certainly be interested in looking over your notes, particularly in the subject of Charms said Linsey, whom was finding Serrhei’s smile to be as fascinating as any of the notes he might have brought from his classes. “Can’t say I know much about Romania. I’ve heard about the dragon research center there, and I guess it snows quite a bit more there than it does here.” Linsey had gotten precious little from Ella about where she called home prior to coming into her life, aside from a mushroom pasta recipe and other tidbits, and it sounded almost as though she were kept hidden in an attic and rarely was permitted to ventured outside.

Linsey blushed a bit more, as Milan told her how she’d earned her new position, and wouldn’t have gotten it had she not truly earned it, and Serghei assented to his analysis, while adding in how he’d been a Prefect at Durmstrang, which caused her to wonder further about why he was coming here for his final year of magical schooling. “Well, thank you, both, I really appreciate the votes of confidence,” she said, with a soft self-deprecating chuckle, as it never sounded right touting her own accomplishments. “[Do you know if your title carries over here. If so, we could always use another Prefect.”

The white-haired Seventh Year smiled as young man from Romania described her life as being ‘charming’, though she noted how he omitted referencing the Culinary Club, though it was possible they simply lacked such clubs at Durmstrang. At the thought of maybe passing on his final year of playing Quidditch at school, she pointed out, “Why would you give that up? Last go around at school? Wouldn’t miss that for anything. Besides, I’ve heard it said there’s scouts who watch our matches. I know for a fact my Aunt Fi will be attending matches, and she scouts for the Irish National Team. She and Mom both were fixtures on the team for many years. Matter of fact, Mom will be here shortly with my younger sister…. I’ve been in match-play since Second Year as a Beater myself, and the team has done pretty well for itself over the years. I’ll certainly look forward to seeing you at tryouts.”

Linsey smiled and chuckled softly, as Milan called her on her description of herself as being ‘something of…’ As Mom and Ella came in, she began to say, “This is my Mom…” and stopped when Serghei exclaimed Ella’s full name. The scared squeak which came from Ella confirmed Linsey’s initial suspicions: Serghei was part of Ella’s old family. However, Serghei seemed just as shocked as Ella was scared of him…or what he represented. Linsey sucked in her breath as flecks of anger flickered in her blue eyes, and she almost felt as though she were about to throw up in her mouth, as fear and worry warred for attention. However, as she started to grow concerned for what might happen if the rest of the Antonovs showed up, particularly their…parents, rational thought penetrated her concerns. ‘Breathe, Linsey, breathe, think this through,’ she told herself. ‘They abandoned Ella, threw her away, so why would they care if she were here? He’s not being angry, or dismissive; he’s as shocked as Ella is. What else is going on?’

Hearing the terror in Ella’s voice, Linsey figured out quickly, things needed to get dialed down, and quickly, before anything else happened. Giving Serghei a fair chance to explain things seemed the best way to do just that. Looking at Serghei, her cerulean eyes focused upon him with laser-like intensity, Linsey said softly, “…and, it would seem you are as familiar with my younger sister as she is with you. So, I would say the Quaffle’s in your possession here.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 3:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan, Linsey, Llewella?!?!
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Reuniting?
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She's alive?!

Aha, so Linsey was interested in Charms, was she? "Da, I will translate them from Română to Engleză just for you." Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to read the notes... unless she had a particular knack for the Romanian language. She mentioned the dragon reserve and he nodded, then laughed at her saying there was more snow. "My older brother, Matej, works at the reserve. And yes, there is a lot of snow in my homeland. Perhaps I will show you around some time." At least... he would quite like to show her around Romania, regardless of the snow.

While speaking of quidditch, Linsey questioned why he might give that up. Apparently they also had scouts that went to their games. Durmstrang did as well, but they were all incredibly rude. Linsey said her aunt was one of those scouts, watching out for the Irish National team. Fancifully, her aunt and mother had been on the team for a fair while. But it was the blonde's next words that surprised him most. "You play Beater? That is... surprising. Someone as delicate as you must be extraordinarily strong to wield such a position. I would be happy to play alongside you."

As their conversation continued on, Linsey introduced the woman as her mother.... then immediately turned to a frustration with Serghei. He noticed that she had said her sister with such venom in her tone. And she said it was his turn to explain himself. "Da, it would seem we have a .... mutual connection. Llewella being the youngest of the..." he paused, not wanting to proclaim her as an Antonov, given their Father always rejected that title, "siblings. Our childhood was... not pleasant. Father and Mother made it very clear the lines we were to walk. And though I fell in line to protect myself... I wish I had been more bold in stepping forward in her defense. At least then it wouldn't have been her alone." He sighed softly, looking at the small girl, still hiding for safety in the woman's arms. To see her here... like this, well... it hurt.

He hadn't ever been the biggest or strongest, especially compared to his older brothers, but even as a young boy, he hated feeling helpless when it came to her. She deserved so much better, and he'd really only come to realize that fact now that he was old enough to be largely on his own. Perhaps someday he'd be able to make things up to her. At least she finally had a family to love and protect her. If nothing else, he hoped that was helping break some of the traumas placed upon her little shoulders by the cursed Antonov name.

Graydon Ironshield

Serghei - #32CD32
          Milan - #0FC0FC

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:07 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Sounds like your brother might have a few stories to tell,” said Linsey, impressed when Serghei told her of how his older brother worked at the world-famous dragon reserve. An occupation like that was certainly a far cry from her uncle raising the world-class Irish wolfhounds her own family was noted for. She briefly wondered if there was need for a dragon rescue service in the same way as her uncle came to the aid of wolfhounds who needed help when their circumstances grew dire, though she suspected anyone fool enough to abuse a creature that breathed fire earned their burnt rewards sooner than later. When he offered to show her Romania in the snow, she smiled and replied, “I think I’d like to see that… and you should see the snows when they fall on the coast of the Irish Sea. ‘Magical’ seems so trite when we say such things, but I can’t think of a better description for it.”

Serghei sounded surprised to learn she played Beater, and Linsey couldn’t help chuckling, and she replied, “I play the same position Mom did when she was in school, same as she did when she played for Ireland. I’m tougher than I look, and strength isn’t everything. Meeting a Bludger with raw power is great, but I find finesse achieves most of what I need in most matches; don’t need near as much strength to simply divert it a few degrees off-course. At that point its more like playing three-dimensional billiards and using force-vector mechanics to get the Bludger to do what you want for it to do.”

Linsey gave Serghei the chance to explain at least some of his connections with what happened with Ella, and what he was telling, at least the little he was likely willing to say in such a public space as Milan’s shop, where just about anyone might walk in on them, squared up with the pieces she’d gleaned from Ella over the time she’d been part of the family. With a sigh and a broken smile, the white-haired Ravenclaw said softly and thoughtfully, “From what little that I know, I’m not so sure I could have fared any better than either of you in such circumstances. I met up with Ella at the first meeting of the Culinary Club, took her under my wing not long afterwards.”

Hannah could feel Ella was shaking with terror, and was thankful the younger member of her brood hadn’t just taken off somewhere. She held Ella close to her as she watched things unfold between her elder daughter, and Ella’s….’He used the word ‘sibling’ to describe Ella like she wasn’t quite family enough to be truly his sister.’ Hannah caressed her shoulder, letting her know without saying a word that she would be safe from harm, no matter what. Looking at Serghei, Linsey, and then Milan, the elder Grey said quietly, “This is a conversation which should be tabled…elsewhere. How about we take this to a more relaxed forum. What do you think, Milan?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Diagon Alley