Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Charms III (4/4) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:16 am
User Image

Charms 3: Block 7, Monday and Wednesday (Afternoon: 4:00-5:00)
Professor Ye (Lola Mutan Ye)
Professor Ye's Office
This class is updated on Saturday (real time).

"A charm adds certain properties to an object or creature, whereas a transfiguring spell will change it into something utterly different."
— The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1
(source)

xxxxAbout the Professor:
    Professor Lola Mutan Ye, or Professor Ye, was born in New Forest. She is the first born child of a Chinese wandmaker and a wood nymph. She has a younger brother that now runs a wood farm that provides quality supplies for wands and brooms.

As a student at Hogwarts, Lola was a Ravenclaw, the Captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team, and excelled in Charms, Herbology, Transfiguration, and Arithmancy. She was known to be a quiet student who was dedicated to her studies and fascinated by inventing new solutions to the world around her.

After Hogwarts she traveled to China where she began an apprenticeship with a metal charmer arranged by her grandfather. Some years later she returned to England satisfied she was ready to set out on her own. Lola has supplied some of the most popular shops in England and the rest of the United Kingdom with charmed toys elegantly designed in metal and snitches. While snitches have been her most demanded product due to the popularity of snitches, her pet collection has been very popular most often featuring kittens or puppies that act as if the real thing (without the mess or concern of allergy).

User Image
                                                    Professor Ye's Charms Classroom is a bit different than the Charms classrooms of the past. While it still maintains its traditional set up of two sets of two rows of benches on either side of the classroom with a short dueling range in the center and a podium at the front, the décor of the classroom is new. In the front and surrounding the dueling range are plants of all sorts. Some are benign flowers, some are poisonous. Some are ferns. Some are mushrooms. And some are magical plants including three juvenile (and potted) mandrakes near the podium. If one did not know better they might think they were in a class about herbology.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:19 am
User ImagexxxxxxWelcome to Charms 3

xClass Schedule/Syllabus:
xxxxxxClass One: Introduction and the Cheering Charm
xxxxxxClass Two: Carpe Retractum
xxxxxxClass Three: Colour Change Charm
xxxxxxClass Four: Glacius

xxxxxx[ ] Cheering Charm
xxxxxx[ ] Carpe Retractum
xxxxxx[ ] Colour Change Charm
xxxxxx[ ] Glacius
xxxxxx-Quills and Ink (OR other appropriate writing materials)
xxxxxx-Wand  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:45 am
Start of Charms 3 2060-2061 Classes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:46 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
(Ravenclaw Alumna)(Half Nymph)(Metal Charmer)(Professor of Charms Years 1-3)

In many ways Lola was nervous to start her role at Hogwarts. She had worked only for herself for years and now there was structure to her plans. The classroom was overflowing with plants from the benign muggle plants, to poisonous, and even a few young mandrakes. Despite the green that seemed to blossom as Lola spoke she was not the herbology professor. She was teaching Charms to the youngest of the students of Hogwarts, including her nephew Nic. Dressed in denim, a striped t-shirt, and a light black vegan leather jacket, she paced in her black hiking boots. She paused when the door opened to Nic being one of the first. "Nic!" She exclaimed. "One of the first, too..."

Nic squinted at his aunt, "I still think Dad put you up to this" before sitting near the middle of the classroom.

Lola rolled her eyes not in the mood to argue with a thirteen year old. She remembered how lost that age felt and Nic did not have it easy with what happened with his mother. Besides, Lola had other students to worry about. She was not going to show favoritism.

As the bells struck time to begin, Lola smiled at the third years in front of her. She began her welcome to the class, "As you can guess I am your new professor Lola Ye. Unfortunately or fortunately for some, perhaps, this will be our first and last year together. My office will always be open for now and the future for you. Since graduating Hogwarts I have worked as a metal charmer. It has been my great joy to bring magic and enjoyment to the homes and..." she smiled and pulled out a golden snitch she had created from her pocket, "...pitches across England."

The snitch took flight across the class before darting outside the window, "It will find its way home in time. Now, I doubt you need me to tell you the wonders of charmwork. Shall we begin?"

Lola flicked her wand and a page of parchment found its way in front of each student.

Third Year Syllabus
                                              [ ] Cheering Charm
                                              [ ] Carpe Retractum
                                              [ ] Colour Change Charm
                                              [ ] Glacius

She barely addressed the syllabus as she continued, "As you can see, we will be mastering the Cheering Charm, today. While I do not find the false cheer it may bring the inflicted particularly useful, I do find that it is a rather kind way to get the upper hand in a duel. Cheering Charms bring a sense of elation to the target and if over done can cause uncontrolled laughter."

She raised her wand and demonstrated the following motion:

User Image

"I will want you each to pair up with the student next to you and alternate between completing the motion I've demonstrated paired with the incantation you can find in your book. If the Cheering Charm has not been overdone on you, you should still be able to complete the charm on your partner. It'll be nice to see only smiles in the first week of school coming out of a charms class with a new teacher, right?" She ended on a bit of a joke. Growing more serious, "If you have any questions or concerns please wave me over, I will be around the room observing."
                                              ................................................................................................................

Time: 2060-2061 Hogwarts Year

{OoC: }

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:29 am
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx(Gryffindor Third Year) (Half-blood-part-nymph) (Herbology Club, Creature Appreciation Club, and Namaste Member) (Gryffindor Quidditch Team Beater)
Time: 2060-2061
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Nic was not aware of the multiple letters his father sent his sister, Lola, asking how Nic was doing during his third year and adjusting to his electives as Nic had chosen a pretty rigorous selection of courses. Nic had stumbled across details of being a cursebreaker and found it intriguing and decided if he was stuck in the magic world for now he might as well study interesting subjects. Also unknown to Nic, Lola had been reporting how Nic was doing at Hogwarts. She just wasn't honest. Some letters she reported things like "he is on the route to being head boy" and in others she reported how Nic let a troll into the dungeons.

Nic was early to arrive at his aunt's class a habit he had picked up years ago. Being early was just being polite. People's time was important. Lola greeted with "Nic! One of the first, too..."

Nic squinted at her and interrupted with, "I still think Dad put you up to this." He took a seat in the middle of the classroom and began to get out his book, quill, and parchment. Truthfully, Nic was confident Lola would be a good professor. She would take time to teach him about her charming metal in the summer and teach him about the New Forest like the rest of his family but she was the best teacher. Yet, he really didn't want his aunt to be teaching him. He liked keeping his family and Hogwarts life separate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:09 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

In front of Lola on the podium was a two foot tall wooden yeti statue. Once the class situated, Lola smiled and said, "Today we are learning the Seize and Pull Charm or Carpe Retractum. This is a charm that produces a magical, retractable cord of light that is orange and purple, or, if the target was fixed in place, to pull the caster towards the target."

Lola patted the wooden yeti. "Today we are going to focus on what requires less physical grace: the seizing aspect of the charm. Master the seize and you can master the pull aspect. If you wish to further practice, let me know and we can go over it during my office hours. Or maybe see how it might help in dueling club."

"The pronunciation of the spell is KAR-pay ruh-TRACK-tum and you use a V-shape movement aimed at the object you wish to seize or be pulled towards. Allow me to demonstrate."

Stepping around the podium, Lola walked across the room and turned. With a V-flick of her wand and the proclamation, "KAR-pay ruh-TRACK-tum!" A purple light lassoed around the yeti statue that throttled towards her. She caught the yeti and walked back to the podium where she set the statue. Turning she smiled, "Like that. I would like each of you to start one at a time."

................................................................................................................

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:11 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

In front of each desk was a hand mirror. Lola stood once her students took their seats. "Good afternoon. Today we are going to have a bit of fun with cosmetics." She waved her wand and cast the incantation Colovaria" on her hair. Her usual color of black hair with some purple turned to her natural blonde. "We are casting the colour change charm on our hair. Focus on the colour you choose feel free to be creative. Obviously the stakes are higher as you are experimenting on yourselves but I trust you will be fine."

"So the incantation is pronounced co-loh-VA-ree-ah with the following wand movement:"

User Image

After Lola cast her spell, her hair returned to black with a pop of purple that she normally wore. "Now, feel free to begin. Ask me any questions that may come up."

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:17 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

After her students took a seat where a small bowl of water sat, Lola smiled and said, "Alas, today will be your last lesson with me as my students. Have no fear though, I do have a bit of entertainment today for everyone. Today we are learning the Freezing Spell."

"The Freezing Spell can freeze water, extinguish fires, and cool off Fire Dwelling Salamanders. Obviously today we are freezing water. The spell's incantation is Glacius pronounced more clearly GLAY-see-us. Make note of the wand movement which is as follows..." Lola demonstrated the mountain shaped wand movement of the spell:

User Image

Lola pointed at her podium and cast glacius the podium became encased in ice. "Like so."

"If you have questions please let me know. Otherwise please begin practicing turning your bowl of water to ice using glacius."

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:07 pm
Start of Charms 3 2061-2062 Classes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:09 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

The classroom was overflowing with plants from the benign muggle plants, to poisonous, and even a few young mandrakes. She was teaching Charms to the youngest of the students of Hogwarts. Dressed in denim, a striped t-shirt, and a light black vegan leather jacket, she paced in her black hiking boots.

As the bells struck time to begin, Lola smiled at the third years in front of her. She began her welcome to the class, "As you can guess I am your new professor Lola Ye. Unfortunately or fortunately for some, perhaps, this will be our first and last year together. My office will always be open for now and the future for you. Since graduating Hogwarts I have worked as a metal charmer. It has been my great joy to bring magic and enjoyment to the homes and..." she smiled and pulled out a golden snitch she had created from her pocket, "...pitches across England."

The snitch took flight across the class before darting outside the window, "It will find its way home in time. Now, I doubt you need me to tell you the wonders of charmwork. Shall we begin?"

Lola flicked her wand and a page of parchment found its way in front of each student.

Third Year Syllabus
                                              [ ] Cheering Charm
                                              [ ] Carpe Retractum
                                              [ ] Colour Change Charm
                                              [ ] Glacius

She barely addressed the syllabus as she continued, "As you can see, we will be mastering the Cheering Charm, today. While I do not find the false cheer it may bring the inflicted particularly useful, I do find that it is a rather kind way to get the upper hand in a duel. Cheering Charms bring a sense of elation to the target and if over done can cause uncontrolled laughter."

She raised her wand and demonstrated the following motion:

User Image

"I will want you each to pair up with the student next to you and alternate between completing the motion I've demonstrated paired with the incantation you can find in your book. If the Cheering Charm has not been overdone on you, you should still be able to complete the charm on your partner. It'll be nice to see only smiles in the first week of school coming out of a charms class with a new teacher, right?" She ended on a bit of a joke. Growing more serious, "If you have any questions or concerns please wave me over, I will be around the room observing."

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:53 pm
User Image
Ethan Brody Quimby-Winthrop
Ravenclaw 3rd Year
Half Blood - Thirteen Years Old

User Image
                                                    Location : Charms Class (4:00pm)
                                                    Company : Professor Ye & Classmates

Charms was the last class of Ethan’s day. Great because it was a long one. Classes had started at ten that morning, sure two hours later lunch rolled around, but after that he’d been in class for three hours. Going on four hours charms couldn’t end sooner. That wasn’t to say that he didn’t like the subject but that it was a lot to cram in all in one day. Ethan only hoped that his whole year of charms wasn’t going to suffer because it fell on the last time slot of the day. At least it wasn’t the first class of the morning like the previous year.

Walking into class from the dungeons, Ethan took a seat in the second row. Taking out his stuff and laying it out before waiting for class to begin. To his dismay today was a cooperative exercise. The last thing Ethan really wanted was that. Well perhaps it would prove helpful. ‘Ex-hila-ro,’ Ethan read looking over his textbook. He wanted to know what he was doing before he did it to someone.

OOC : If you want to partner up feel free.

"Fairy tales are more than true:
                                                    not because they tell us that dragons exist,
                                                    but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:06 pm
User Image
                                          But the stars don't shine, they burn
                                          The constellations glow
                                          The seasons change in turn

User Image

Charms had always been Charlotte's best subject and had thus become one of her favorite classes. What could she say? She liked doing things she was good at. She entered the classroom and took a desk, taking a few seconds to organize her things before the professor started speaking. Professor Ye definitely had a different vibe than some of the other professors, but Charlotte always liked seeing how different personalities affected teaching. And she had to admit, she was enraptured by the snitch for the moment before it zoomed off.

Once the piece of parchment had come to their desk Charlotte found herself subconsciously doodling little swirls with her quill in the corner of her paper as Professor Ye continued speaking. When the assignment was given Charlotte found herself looking next to her for the first time. She smiled slightly at what she saw. "Hello Ethan," she said. She'd run into the Ravenclaw boy a time or two in the past and she was perfectly happy for an opportunity to get to know him better, even if it was just teaming up in class. "So you think you can make me smile?" She asked, immediately breaking into a smile. "Well, I guess you won't have to try too hard."

OOC:

A miracle is not some magic that you've got
                                          The miracle is you, not some gift, just you
                                          See how bright you burn
                                          Now, see yourself in turn

murruelecreuset

SherbertLemondrop

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:53 am
User Image
Callum Robert Snatch (Snatchy Lum)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx(Slytherin Third Year) (Dubliner and member of the Paddy Gang)(Culinary Club, Fite Club, and Language Club)

Wearing: New Uniform
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Adding electives to his course load definitely kept Callum busier. He had chosen Cursebreaking, Healing, Wandless, and Wizard Law (always good to know what laws you planned to break). It looked like when he got to Charms it would be another year with Professor Ye. It was fine with him. She didn't waste his time too much and wasn't overly judgmental. Of course Ethan was already there. And then there was some hufflepuff lass he forgot the name of. She was alright he supposed and it looked like she wanted to pair with Ethan. Good, because Callum wouldn't put it past himself to hex the Ravenclaw instead of whatever they were supposed to do... cheering charms?

Almost as if Professor Ye had read his mind, she assured the class of the value of cheering charms in a duel. He guessed she was right, if the person was too busy grinning and laughing like a loon they wouldn't be so great at fighting back. Callum rested his chin in his hand as he waited to see if anyone would bother to volunteer to be his partner. He doubted it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                        I think you know better than I
                                        how your Paddy Lot might best be helped.
                                        How will you be your best self?
                                        Consider it in

Slytherin!

{OoC: Open to Interaction}
                                        Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:45 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

In front of Lola on the podium was a two foot tall wooden yeti statue. Once the class situated, Lola smiled and said, "Today we are learning the Seize and Pull Charm or Carpe Retractum. This is a charm that produces a magical, retractable cord of light that is orange and purple, or, if the target was fixed in place, to pull the caster towards the target."

Lola patted the wooden yeti. "Today we are going to focus on what requires less physical grace: the seizing aspect of the charm. Master the seize and you can master the pull aspect. If you wish to further practice, let me know and we can go over it during my office hours. Or maybe see how it might help in dueling club."

"The pronunciation of the spell is KAR-pay ruh-TRACK-tum and you use a V-shape movement aimed at the object you wish to seize or be pulled towards. Allow me to demonstrate."

Stepping around the podium, Lola walked across the room and turned. With a V-flick of her wand and the proclamation, "KAR-pay ruh-TRACK-tum!" A purple light lassoed around the yeti statue that throttled towards her. She caught the yeti and walked back to the podium where she set the statue. Turning she smiled, "Like that. I would like each of you to start one at a time."

Time: 2061-2062 Hogwarts Year

{OoC: Excuse my lateness - I was ill}

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:26 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye

In front of each desk was a hand mirror. Lola stood once her students took their seats. "Good afternoon. Today we are going to have a bit of fun with cosmetics." She waved her wand and cast the incantation Colovaria" on her hair. Her usual color of black hair with some purple turned to her natural blonde. "We are casting the colour change charm on our hair. Focus on the colour you choose feel free to be creative. Obviously the stakes are higher as you are experimenting on yourselves but I trust you will be fine."

"So the incantation is pronounced co-loh-VA-ree-ah with the following wand movement:"

User Image

After Lola cast her spell, her hair returned to black with a pop of purple that she normally wore. "Now, feel free to begin. Ask me any questions that may come up."

Time: 2061-2062 Hogwarts Year

Quote:

Quote:

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items