Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Victory Road [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:50 pm
Darksol88

It was going to be a moment before Aden would get any answer out of Freth, let alone the Hunter. It was perhaps a wonder if she would, or could, answer back whatsoever, being inexperienced in the ways of the Psychic mind. The resident in Freth’s mind, being powerless in the depths of Freth’s consciousness, wasn’t answering either, unknown rather if the both of them were too far away, or if any minor influence that she had would reach out a good distance across the region. Questions abound until something started to happen…

“…you need to reach out-no, keep floating in the air. Your mind is not going to get any better at this sort of thing and its basically as good as time as any…….I know they have SNAGs and, wait, I think…yes, hello?” The Hunter spoke. “Freth, I think they can hear me now……..focus, already, then. ……Well, time to learn. Its what you do, right?”

There was another few seconds of silence within the mental airways until “Can they hear me now? Ugh, I really need to get to landing.”

“Stay in the air.”

“My mind feels like its about to split open. This is the longest I've been in the air with psychic power, and this isn’t helping!”

“You haven’t gotten efficient at doing it yet. Work at it. Its probably only one similar instance to doing a physical workout. You don’t push yourself; you’re not getting better at it. It’s no different here.”

“Aden, that you, right? What is it? And please, make it brief.”

“Aden, don’t. Take as long as you need. For her own good. And she’s not doing anything else other than keeping a lookout for everyone out here. Besides, I have been somewhat curious about what you have dealt with since last month.”  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:10 pm
Reno would simply give a short nod to Crystal's explanation. "As the poster boy for Snagem-induced mental issues, I am not gonna be pitching stones in this particular glass house." Reno told the hybrid, already feeling the mental eyeroll from his other half at the massive understatement that this line was. Kicking the bike to life, Reno would point towards where Levinica was going to be. "Alright, gang. Lets go and see what we can do this time for a road trip that isn't going to break the world." Reno declared, revving the bike and giving the others a moment to jump aboard if they wanted before taking off for their destination.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:20 pm
Crystal was mildly confused about the comment about her feeling more connected to Ultra Space. "Eh... W- I was just referring to being on my own with no intelligent interaction with anyone or anything until I met Leo and Nala... Er, Solgaleo and Lunala. Brilliant nicknames, yeah, but just had only my thoughts to keep me company until then. And forced isolation isn't healthy for anyone." She shrugged, kicking off when Reno did, noting that she started to hear Aden reaching out to Freth, adding in that he also wanted to talk to the Hunter. Oh joy. She really didn't want to hear the potential spiel of 'I told you so's' or anything else of the like. She'd lurk, but only because they were in a link. "A road trip that won't break the world, huh? Let's hope that actually stays the case here," she muttered, sighing as they left the city.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:35 pm
I made my way into a clearing a good ways away from the plateaus, which apparently lead to a ledge that had a pretty nice view of the southern seas. Taking a look around, there didn’t seem to be any Pokémon that I could see. Though that was bound to change in an instant as far as I was concerned. I wasn’t sensing anything right at the moment. Might be as good of time as any. I took off my pack and pulled back out the picnic table, though it wasn’t going to be for lunch this go round. Once the table was set up, I then took out a couple of Pokeballs, both of Cubchoo’s and Combusken’s and gave them a toss. In a flash, the Pokeballs popped open and revealed the two Pokémon. Combusken was alright, but Cubchoo was still in rough shape. He came out of the Pokeball completely sprawled out on the ground. “Alright, come here, buddy. Combusken, sit tight for me alright.” Combusken took a seat as I picked Cubchoo off the ground and sat him on the table. I then dug into my pack, pulling out various items. Potions and items of the like to getting Cubchoo feeling better.

I started to clean Cubchoo about and then started to apply the Potions. Cubchoo couldn’t help but to yelp and flail a bit from the spray doing its work. “Hey, hey! Stop it, I know, it doesn’t feel that good, but you need to let it do its thing. You might need to get used to it a bit when we’re doing this. It might come to it every here and there. Granted, I’m going to do everything I can to help you and prevent that from happening, but there’s going to be times where this might happen. And when you take the lumps, especially if we’re in the middle of nowhere, then its either that or you’re feeling awful in your Pokeball until whenever I find a Pokémon Center, and where we are at now? I have no idea, short of going all the way back to Cortondo, and I’m not up for making at least a couple of hours walk back nor do I think you’d appreciate that. Do you want that?” I asked.

“Cub-cha…” Cubchoo would reply.

“Yea, I didn’t think so.” I said, giving one of Cubchoo’s injury a spray of potion. “Alright, turn around…” I said, turning the bear around on the table to get to the rest of the injuries on him. As he took the potion sprays and various other treatments, Cubchoo stared in confusion Combusken who was still sitting patiently for his check-up.

“Cub-chaa!?”

“That’s Torchic, rather, was a Torchic.” I said. “Just after that Scyther had its way with you, Torchic ended up saving the day and ended up evolving as a result of it.”

“Cub…cubchaaa…” Cubchoo started to look a bit upset.

“Hey, look, don’t get too upset. You’ll get there eventually. You just need to keep at it. That was my fault with the Scyther, alright? Though in all honesty? I should have probably more opted to run from it instead of standing and fighting. That Scyther was a tough opponent, tougher than what most would have been because of that terastal stuff. Unfortunately, that’s apparently the unwritten law of the land around here…and its going to be something we’re going to have to deal with, rather it be Wild Pokémon calling upon it, or trainers and gym leaders abusing it. Its probably going to be an uphill battle for us all here.” Cubchoo just remained silent, looking down towards the table, still feeling a little ashamed. “Hey. You did your best. You did nothing wrong. Alright?” No answer. I then moved a bit around the table, holding his head up. “Alright?” I said, a bit of a reassuring, yet a bit stern tone.

“Cubchaa.” He said. Followed by a sneeze and a large snot to follow.

“…well, at least you’re feeling better now.” I said, rubbing the bear’s head. “Don’t let it get it to you. There will be other battles that you got the opportunity to stand on top over. Alright? You all do.” I said, patting Combusken on the back. “Alright, sit tight Cubchoo. Combusken, lets see about what you got here. Evolution doesn’t do much in the face of already accrued damage, does it?” I asked.

“Keeen…” Combusken spoke up.

Just as with Cubchoo, I started to assess the damage and started to treat the various injuries on him. “We’ll probably sometime here in the near immediate future have an impromptu training session somewhere. Just so you can start getting used to what you are now. It’s a bit rough trying to get into fights immediately after evolving. Heck, Lucario ended up doing the same thing in the Battle Tower one day. Honestly, I think Porygon-Z did more of the heavy lifting though that day…” I mused. “All the same, some attacks might come easier to you now that you evolved…you were reeling a little bit every time you fired off a Fire Pledge.” I said. “Maybe I can find a spot sometime today so we can get started on it. Sooner than later, I’d say.”

“Com-ba.” Combusken stated.

It took a bit but I finally got finished with the two Pokémon. They were feeling a bit better now and was probably good to be carried off. “Alright, you two good? It’s still going to be a while before lunch and I still want to get some distance before anything else, especially if anything like that Scyther in the future.” The two would give a nod, hopping off the table. I would recall the two and finally pack back up the picnic table. “Alright then…off we go.” I said.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:36 pm
Making my way off from where I tended to Combusken and Cubchoo, I needed to get back on the trail to find my way to Cabo Poco, but at least I can go that way knowing that Cubchoo in particular is going to be alright. The Scyther did do a pretty rough number on him, and what came of it as a result of that didn’t go over kosher. After getting a hefty shot of confidence after making the winning blows against the Gym Leader of Cortondo, getting turned around and showed that he was apparently out of his league wasn’t at all kosher, and more salt in the proverbial wound seeing Torchic now a Combusken.

What the three of us talked about did bring something in mind, something that I never quite took into consideration before. Trainers would have had at some point need to stop for a while, even perhaps camp out somewhere, stay close to some major city, or something of that sort to train their Pokémon some. Trainers were bound to go out of the way to battle each other, fight a whole multitude of wild Pokémon perhaps, capture said wild Pokémon to have a team to fight tougher competition, what have you. Make the most out of their trip instead of making the hard rush from one city to next. Its more than likely why the Pokémon League back at home have their major contests every year. It gives trainers the time to make it around the region, preparing for each gym along the way as they feel the need to do. Freth was probably wrong after all…as was I…this could be one of the longest things to do here in the Academy’s program. What training I did manage to do at the headquarters did give the little guys a much-needed head start, but the difficulty is bound to ramp up here soon, and the training will eventually lag behind. I’m going to need to do something in the process of this trip…

Mind, I’m basing this on what I started to recall about home. Paldea so far has shown that it had no shortage of oddities, so maybe this ‘Victory Road’ isn’t really as strict as a gym tour back at home. The people I talk to alludes to the fact that this is the opportunity for students of all sorts to explore the region as they move about on their journey. And it leaves me to think that perhaps there isn’t any manner of major tournament like there is back at home. ‘Champion’ is a rank, not a title. Meaning that multiple people could be running around as a ‘Champion’. And if the gym leader, Katy, was any indicator, the gyms are not the center point in anyone’s lives. Its just a function and nothing more. There wasn’t as much emphasis to the Pokémon journey like those back at home, perhaps allowing me to plow through this region after all with or without my highly specialized Pokémon. All the same, I could also be over thinking this. I suppose regardless of what it is, I should just proceed at the pace I feel. The gyms will more than likely be aware of my gym badge count so the further along I go, the fiercer they’re bound to be. In the process, I am to explore the region just as any other Snagems in this region.

I would be left to my thoughts for a moment until my senses started to pick up something out of the blue. I stopped and started to look around, trying to get what instincts are trying to tell me. It wasn’t anything pertaining to that tersastal stuff…thank God. I didn’t need another incident like that Scyther so soon. I wasn’t really quite sure what it was though. I wasn’t really seeing anything out of the ordinary. I continued to move forward then heard an irritated screeching. I immediately perked up and looked back, seeing a bunch of Pokémon in the air on a dive bomb course towards me. I quickly rushed off and darted behind a tree real quick, leaving the bird Pokémon to fly right by. As I looked at them, I tried to figure out what they were and much to my chagrin, they were Paldean native. Nothing that I knew of. They were black on yellow. Small though. And rather nimble for what they were. They moved about, almost in formation as they quickly looped around and made another dive towards me. “Now what the hell did I do to piss you guys off!?” I said, rushing off away from the tree. I needed to make them back off. As I ran, I waited on them to get close then took a dive to the ground and they all swooped over past me.

I quickly scrambled up and I pulled out a Pokeball. “Vulpix!” I shouted, giving the ball a hard toss. The ball would hit the ground and, in a flash, out came the icy fox, ready for battle.

“Keooo!” The fox howled out.

As the birds started to make their way around again, picking up speed. I would give the call out to Vulpix. “Vulpix! Aurora Beam!” I shouted. The Vulpix fired off a couple of rainbow-like beams in the offending block, one of the shots managing to clip one of the birds and started to make them scatter about, breaking their formation. As the one hit the ground, the rest would scatter lest they shared the same fate, no longer finding it worth coming after me, let alone Vulpix. As the one managed to get back up, it started to check itself, flapping its wings, stretching out. It seemed to be fine. “Your friends decided to turn tail. I wouldn’t recommend fighting anymore now that you don’t have your backup squadron around.” I said.

The bird would kick off the ground and started to screech towards Vulpix and I, which got Vulpix well on guard. “Don’t do it.” I said. It started to take flight then built up speed and then I started to notice what made this thing a bit unique for what it was. Its body started to spark and then light up with all manner of electricity. “Is that a Spark attack? Vulpix, look out!” The Vulpix would quickly hop out of the way of the speeding, sparking bird. It would quickly whip around once more, its small body providing quick, snap turning and maneuverability. With its electrified body, it rushed to the icy fox and rammed into it with pretty rough force. “Geez, the guy doesn’t know when to quit…alright then. Vulpix, you alright!?”

“Keooo!” It called out, agitated.

“Alright! Icy Wind!” I then called out. As tempting as it was to go fire off with another Aurora beam, this wasn’t as if I was trying to fire into a whole clump of them. It was better to go for something that it would have a harder time dodging. Vulpix breathed out a harsh, biting wind against the bird which pelted it and while the damage was apparent as it flailed about, something caught my attention. My senses perked up and I could only stare in confusion. The bird’s body started to crackle furiously as if it couldn’t keep its electricity in check anymore. “…the hell did we do?” I asked. The bird furiously screeched and its body once again lit up, even more furiously than before. Despite causing what I would figure a considerable amount of damage to this bird, it was almost as if I had Vulpix empower it somehow. Does it get stronger from Ice attacks somehow?

The bird started to rush for Vulpix once more, diving furiously down, attacking with its empowered Spark attack once more. “Vulpix! Keep an eye on it! Don’t let it get you!” I shouted. The Vulpix constantly tried to keep up with the nimble, empowered bird that was furiously attacking the Vulpix. However, Vulpix wasn’t able to keep up for too long and got struck once again by the bird, and sure enough it was stronger than last time. “Vulpix!”

Vulpix managed to get back up, but the hit was rather brutal as it started to spark from the residual effects from the electrical attack. “God, this thing wants to be a Zapdos when it grows up or something. Holy christ.” I said. “Vulpix! Confuse Ray!” I had to get Vulpix to hamper this thing. Perhaps nothing short of an Aurora Beam was probably going to down this, but I had to get Vulpix to get a clear shot at it instead of darting like a missile all over the place. As the bird came down for another pass, Vulpix unleashed a harsh flash, stopping the bird in its tracks. It flailed about, trying to make sense of the surroundings it once knew. It shrilled out, electrifying itself up then unleashed various bolts all over the place, firing a multitude of Thundershocks. A couple of stray bolts almost managed to get me in the process in the midst of its confusion.

“Yea, Vulpix! Put it down! Aurora Beam!” I shouted.

“KEO!” It charged up the icy attack then fired it at the bird, pelting the bird square on. Down it went out of the air and it finally hit the ground, finally putting it out for the count.

“Nice work, Vulpix…” I said.

“Keeooo…” The icy fox said, still sore from its battle.

I walked off towards the bird and took a look at it, taking out my SNAG to find out what the hell this thing is. “…Wattrel?” I asked. “Oooof…and you got an evolution it looks like…and if those are as rambunctious as you were, I don’t think I want to stay around to see it. Speaking of, I wonder if those others are still close by. Let’s go, Vulpix.” I said, taking out Vulpix’s Pokeball and recalling the fox back to its Pokeball.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:38 pm
It would take a bit, trying to navigate the small grassy plateaus and trying to stay alert to any other Pokémon that may show up out of the blue. As I approached a cliff face, I started to look off into the distance and couldn’t help but to give a slight sigh of relief. Civilization once again. I took out my SNAG once more to give myself a bit of confirmation and it was what I thought it was: Cabo Poco. As I looked out into the city, something started to occur to me. I didn’t see all that much to this town. In fact, I almost started to question a lot of things…like if it was a town at all. If I didn’t know better, I’d say this was a residential district more than an actual town…and not just any residential district. A whole gated community meant for rich people. Heck, standing out before all of them was one mansion that I could see that overlooked both the area, and had its own personal path to the beach down below. What the crap? I suppose that this as a bit of a waste of time. I probably needed to head back to Mezagoza just like I originally planned. I suppose it was better to know this place than not, I guess.

I made my way off the grassy plateaus and knolls and made my way down into Cabo Poco. I followed my way down the stone path, taking note to the villas about the area and the cobblestone walkway which was meticulously crafted and set in the ground. I would then take note to a clearing, which incidentally was a bridge which was over a small little stream that went out towards the seas off into the distance. While the view was nice, man, I felt out of my element here. I needed to go. There was effectively nothing here for me to really get into. I took out my SNAG and took a look once more. Apparently, the closest spot to go was Los Platos, which was just north of here, and didn’t look too far. And from there, apparently a hop-skip-jump back to the front gates of Mezagoza. I suppose it was a plan, after all.

After crossing the bridge, I would find my way off north, trying to find my way out of Cabo Poco. As I started to make my way down the path, I would take notice to something out of the ordinary in what was otherwise a seemingly luxurious area. It was a lighthouse of some kind. There was a building with a massive lighthouse tower, but what makes it all the weird is unlike the well kept up lawns and gardens these villas had, this place…didn’t seem like it has been messed around with in some time. Like it has been abandoned. It wasn’t actually run down or anything that time decided to have its way with. Or at least not yet, but the grass hadn’t been cut in some time. There didn’t seem to be any sign of traffic, rather it be by vehicle or foot recently. I didn’t see or sense anyone close by. It gave some sort of weird air, as if this could have easily been a place for Ghost Pokémon to take up residence. An ominous feeling. Paint on the building was in the process of fading. A massive departure compared to the rest of the colorful Cabo Poco. Perhaps something I should ask Sol about sometime down the road if I can bring myself to remember it.

I continued down the path to the north, not taking too long to get out of Cabo Poco. I started to make my way down, crossing a wooden bridge and started to follow the path to Los Platos. As I did, I started to take note to the time. It was about lunch time now…apparently trying to navigate the whole plateaus to get to Cabo Poco was a bit more time consuming than I would have given it credit for. I suppose whenever I do find my way to Los Platos, I should try to get the team fed and try to figure out the best way to Artazon. Though honestly? Regardless what I do, I did contemplate training my Pokémon a bit. I might want to consider by chance just staying around in Mezagoza tonight. We still had the access to the dorms we were assigned to. I might as well. Though honestly, I have to admit that I was going to slow in this whole thing. Perhaps that just me being the gym apprentice-to-leader mentality that I had been to accustomed to. I never got out like this like any other trainer…this is still feeling all manner of weird. I would then stop in my tracks…a dawning moment of comprehension. Insight was gained… “…well…crap.” I would say to myself. I figured that despite not having my most experienced team around, that I could still go through the gyms in relative short order, but with added need to make sure that every step of the way that my Pokémon needs to be up to snuff to take on the gym leaders and the challenges, let alone take on anything or anyone that comes in their way during their gym run, plus a whole amalgamation of factors…going through the gym tour wasn’t going to be accomplished in short order. It isn’t so much as the difficulty as it is the upkeep throughout the journey, which may or may not be difficult depending on how adaptive the trainer is. Huh…I never really actually thought about it before. How did I go on through life not really realizing that until now? I literally spent time following Aden around Jhoto, I should have already known this! I mean, granted, I wasn’t the one who was taking the gym tour…and honestly? I was kind of an over-glorified tour guide at the time. Maybe that was the problem, in retrospect, why Aden struggled a fair bit, especially at the beginning. I mean, he came out alright, but geez…I feel like a fool now.

Once again, I would be left to mull over my thoughts while moving my way down the route on the way to Los Platos. In some instances, I was only half-paying attention to where I was stepping as I started to have a slight existential crisis of some kind. In retrospect, it only made me more vilified in a lot of the stuff that I had preached back at the gym; a case of achievements in absolute ignorance. Perhaps whenever I do take over the gym at home and I found the want to have an apprentice, that I should at bare minimum make him travel the region to take on the gym challenge, to make whoever I take under my proverbial wing to basically travel in the mindset of a roaming trainer.

“Hey, are you a Pokémon trainer?” Well…speaking of. “Hey!”

I perked up, getting jarred out of my thoughts then started to look about the area, seeing someone starting to approach me. It was a kid, probably fresh in his teen years. Seemed like another student of Mezagoza, given the button-up shirt, tie, and shorts apparel that the academy tends to run with. “Where you headed to, stranger?” He asked.

“At this point, Mezagoza for the time being. Probably picking up later to Artazon. Kinda busy.” I said.

“Are you participating on Victory Road?” he asked.

“I am.”

“Me too.” He said. “I’ve been looking for people to battle, though, to get me ready for my next gym battle.”

“How far along are you?” I asked.

“I’m looking to get my first badge.” He said.

“I’m going for number two.” I said.

“Really? Then if I can beat you then for sure I can go beat Katy at Cortondo!”

“Not…quite how that works…” I then said. “So, you’re wanting a battle, I take it.” The kid would take out a Pokeball, getting it ready. “I’ll take that as a yes. Alrighty then. I guess I can swing time for a battle.” I said, walking around and taking a position.

“Go! Lechonk!” He’d call out, tossing the Pokeball out. As the ball lands and it bursts open with a flash of light, out came a tiny pig Pokémon of some kind, it was brown, and stout, and compared to a lot of things that I have seen here in this region, looked pretty normal. Nothing too outlandish. Speaking of normal, not really much going on here. Doesn’t seem to be psychic like Spoink or Grumpig…no flames coming off this thing, so nothing like Tepig and its ilk. I’m not seeing any characteristics that would perhaps indicate something about it.

All the same, I was pretty sure that I knew who I was about to use. “Zigzagoon!” I called out, tossing a ball out of my own. In a flash, out came the black and white Galarian variant out, ready for battle.

“BAH!” Zigzagoon spoke up, tongue out, grin wide, and ready to battle.

“Ready when you are.” I said to the kid trainer.

“Headbutt!” He would call out to the hog. With a loud squeal, it made the hard run, rushing for Zigzagoon.

“Zigzagoon! Watch it! Move!” I shouted. Zigzagoon hopped off, the distinction of their speed being made readily apparent. “Pin Missile!” I then shouted. The Galarian Pokémon’s fur bristled furiously just then as the Lechonk made its way by. As the hog tried to pivot around to square off with Zigzagoon, the rambunctious Dark Type fired off a flurry of needles down upon the hog, sticking it with a great deal of pins. The Lechonk scrambled, trying to get out of the rain of pins that was bearing down on it.

“Lechonk! Use Mud Shot!” The kid trainer commanded. The Lechonk would quickly retaliate, digging into the ground and started to lob several globs of mud. Zigzagoon would quickly dart back, avoiding one shot after the next, but a glob managed to hit its mark. The mud, rich and dense, making it hard to move now. Zigzagoon was trying to shake it off quickly, trying to scratch and scrape it off of himself.

“Zigzagoon! Get moving!”

“Disarming Voice!” The kid then shouted. The hog quickly moved in, rushing in on Zigzagoon then gave a loud squeal. It was a rare moment where I would see Zigzagoon’s eyes go as wide as its Hoenn cousin for once, howling out as the attack bore down on him.

“That’s it! Keep it up, Lechonk!”

“Zigzagoon! Use Assurance!” I shouted to him. Zigzagoon fought through the mud and started to rush for the Lechonk.

“Lechonk! Here he comes! Get out of the way!” Lechonk would quickly scramble out of the way as the Zigzagoon leaped up and attempted to slam itself down upon the pig. With the Mud Shot hampering it still, it was being a good enough equalizer for now. “Use Headbutt!” The kid then shouted.

“Meet it head on! Headbutt!” The Zigzagoon would turn around and gave a rush to the pig as the Lechonk charged forward itself. The two would collide fiercely, practically recoiling off themselves on the collision, the two Pokémon whining and squealing out in pain from the crash. “Zigzagoon! Are you alright!?”

“Lechonk! Are you okay!?” Each of our Pokémon was practically hunched over, trying to do whatever they could to nurse the massive soreness on each of their heads. “Lechonk! Try another Disarming Voice!” The kid shouted.

“Zigzagoon! Knock Off!” I then shouted. I didn’t notice that the hog had anything on him worth the time, but I figured to get some quicker damage in as opposed to trying to hit him with another Assurance out of my Dark type. As the hog once again squealed out which made Zigzagoon cringe a fair bit from the attack. Zigzagoon would however quickly recompose itself and started to rush in and swatted the Lechonk rather fiercely, sending it tumbling over.

“Lechonk! Get up!” the kid shouted. The Lechonk would manage to stagger back up, but I had to put it down before anything else could happen again.

“Zigzagoon! Use Headbutt!” I shouted.

“Lechonk! Use Mud Shot!” The Zigzagoon then rushed in, the Lechonk recomposing itself and once again started to fire off its large, dense globs of mud upon Zigzagoon. The Zigzagoon started to weave about, zig-zagging about the attack. As it closed in, Zigzagoon made the dive head first into the pig and rammed into it hard. The attack finally managed to stop the Lechonk, taking the fight right out of it.

“No! Lechonk!” The kid shouted.

“Nice work, Zigzagoon!”

“BAH!” It barked out, grin wide and tongue out.

“You good to keep going?” Another couple of barks out of the Zigzagoon, followed by a hard shake of its spiky fur, still trying to get some of the mud off of him.

The kid would recall the fallen Pokémon and then stashed the Pokeball. “Okay, try this one out for size!” he said. With a hard toss, the boy sent out the ball. “Quaxly!” The ball bursts open and out came some sort of a duck with a white and sky blue down. It gave a loud quack upon being released from its ball. As I looked on, I was reminded if only a little of the Swanna back in Hoenn. I was left to wonder if any relation was there. It did have the weirdest arrangement of feathers on the top of its head though…reminded me of a weird pompadour.

“Alright…Zigzagoon! Use Pin Missile!” I shouted.

“Aqua Jet, Quaxly!” The kid shouted.

Zigzagoon’s fur bristled fiercely once more, unleashing his bombardment of pins towards the Quaxly. The Quaxly called upon a veil of water then started to rush about Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon tried to lead his bombardment, but the speed of the duck managed to avert the assault, and before Zigzagoon knew it, the duck rammed into Zigzagoon causing a great deal of damage. I grimaced from the attack, starting to realize that this is probably going to be a bit tougher to take down.

“Go for it again!” The kid shouted.

“Zigzagoon! Use Knock Off!” I shouted. As the duck constantly sped back around, Zigzagoon got at the ready, watching the duck kicking up all manner of dust and water. “Now!” The Zigzagoon leapt up and gave a hard smack, giving its best attempt of a lariat if nothing else, but all the same took the duck off his feet and got taken down to the ground. “There we go!”

“Oh no! Quaxly! Are you okay!?” The Quaxly pushed itself off, shaking its head to shake the pain, then quickly tried to put back up its feathery do. “Alright! Use Wing Attack!”

“Zigzagoon! Watch it!” I shouted. The Quaxly rushed off towards Zigzagoon, spreading its wings out wide and then started to swat away, trying to land a blow on the Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon managed to sway itself, dodging the attacks at the duck made its relentless assault on Zigzagoon. “Zigzagoon! Headbutt!” As the Quaxly continued to come down, Zigzagoon then pivoted rushing forward to ram into the duck.

“Quaxly! Use Double Hit!” As Zigzagoon dove in, the Quaxly leaped over Zigzagoon, averting the strike. Zigzagoon managed to skid to a stop, ready to continue its assault upon the duck, but the Quaxly was quick to rush to Zigzagoon, and as soon as he turned around, the Zigzagoon was quick to be greeted with a literal one-two smack, driving him into the dirt.

“Zigzagoon!” Zigzagoon was trying to push himself back up, but was having extreme trouble now. That attack perhaps finally took the fight out of him. “Zigzagoon! Don’t push yourself too much. Return now.” I said, recalling the Zigzagoon from the battle. “Alright, so clearly water type if nothing else. I…unfortunately don’t have something that could bring a quick end to that…alright, lets just try this…” I stashed Zigzagoon’s Pokeball then took out another one. “Cubchoo! Go!” I called out. When the ball lands on the battlefield, it pops open and out came the icy bear, back out for battle.

“Cubcha!” He spoke up, sneezing soon after.

“Alright! Let’s get by this one too, Quaxly! Use Water Gun!” The kid shouted.

“Cubchoo! Incoming!” I shouted. The Quaxley gushed out its hard water attack, pelting Cubchoo with its fierce watery attack, knocking Cubchoo off his feet.

“Now Quaxly! Use Wing Attack!” The Quaxly then quickly rushed in with its wings out, ready to lay a beating on the icy bear.

“Cubchoo! Here it comes!” Cubchoo scrambled back up off the ground, seeing the duck rush after him. The duck started to swat away, striking the Cubchoo. “Bah, Cubchoo! Slash attack!”

“Cub-CHA!” The Cubchoo stepped forward, shoving the duck, catching the Quaxly off guard and halted its attack. Cubchoo then swiped harshly at the Quaxly, dealing a harsh blow to the duck.

“Now! Icy Wind!” I shouted. Following it up, Cubchoo breathed out its biting gale upon the duck. It didn’t seem to cause really that much of significant damage, but it did get Quaxly to back up some, making it writhe a bit.

“Quaxly! Fight back! Use Double Hit!” he shouted. The Quaxly would power through the Icy Wind, going on to retaliate upon the bear.

“Slash attack!” I called out. Cubchoo would stop its icy wind, going in to slash away at the duck once more. The bear would lash out, but the duck would move off to the side then dove in, swatting at Cubchoo. Cubchoo started to get pushed back as he started to get struck one right after another.

“Now! Wing Attack!” he then shouted, confident that his Quaxly got Cubchoo now on the backfoot.

“Cubchoo! Flail!” I called out. As Cubchoo started to get slammed by the Quaxly’s Wing attack, Cubchoo would retaliate, flailing about and started to struggle about, striking the duck in a fit of desperation. The Quaxly got slammed fiercely by the Cubchoo’s frantic attack, making the duck go back on the defensive once more.

“Water Gun!” the kid trainer commanded. The Quaxly ended up having to break away, trying to get distance so it could retaliate. Once it managed to flutter away for a couple of seconds, firing its high pressure water attack towards the bear.

“Cubchoo! Move!” Cubchoo would start trying to rush away from the water gun attack, trying to close the gap between the duck and himself. “Slash attack!”

“Quaxly! Wing attack!” He would call in short order after my command. Quaxly would stop its watery attack then started to rush for Cubchoo, its wings spread out once again to strike Cubchoo. The duck would leap up to come down on Cubchoo, ready to finish the battle. Cubchoo would weave out of the way, following through in return to slash away at the duck. The two would get in a close match, trying to land their respective blows on each other.

“Quaxly! Use Aqua Jet!” the kid shouted.

“There we go…Cubchoo! Endure!” I shouted.

The Quaxly flipped backwards then darted forward, shrouding itself in a veil of water and launched itself forward with great speed. Cubchoo braced for impact as the duck darted for him. The Quaxly would make impact with Cubchoo. The Cubchoo digging its feet into the ground as Quaxly’s force constantly pushed until finally the duck ran out of steam in the attack. “Cubchoo, bring it down!” I shouted. The bear would quickly put the duck in a hug and slammed the duck on the ground. “Flail!” The duck’s eyes went wide as Cubchoo roared out in its own fashion, pummeling the duck as it remained helpless on the ground, and finally putting it out of the fight.

“Quaxly!” the kid shouted, rushing over towards his duck.

“Back away, Cubchoo. The fight is over.” I said. The bear would back away as the kid would rush to the aid of his duck. I would walk forward, certain this battle was over. I noticed the kid was looking a bit distraught. “He’ll be fine kid. A trip to the Pokémon Center will get him back up.”

“I was hoping that I was good to go to the gym now.”

“Kid, you’re good to go to the gym any time. That duck is tough.” I said. “Take the loss here with a grain of salt. Sure, you could use some polishing here or there, but that comes in time. The time perhaps that it will take you to get from here to Cortondo. And you’re not bad of a trainer, either. No shame, alright?”

It would take some time to console the kid, but he came out of it with a head held high. Katy would find a battle from him in the near future for sure.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:02 am
Reno Vantas

Espeon_Commander

Blizzard120

"Those nicknames are kinda cute, though," Aden added, before taking off with Crystal and Reno. But as he did, he and the others would eventually start hearing Freth and the Hunter. It was hazy at first, like the mental version of a bad phone signal slowly getting clearer. But it was the Hunter heard first, then Freth.

"Don't worry, our minds can split open together and reveal their third eyes," he remarked after a moment. "It'll be fun, I promise. As long as I don't fall off this hoverboard." He'd hear the remarks about keeping it brief followed by taking his time and much as he wanted to respect keeping things short, this wasn't something he felt he'd be able to do that with.

"Anyways, I'm sorry- wait, you've been wanting to know? ...right then. Freth, I'm sorry, this... might take a bit. If it makes you feel any better, I'm not used to this either, so it's about as much an exercise for me too. I'll keep the first part of the trip to Ultra Space short, though. It kind of was anyway, we found what Crystal was looking for almost as soon as we left. We could've just come back and that'd be it, but we already figured Sub would be really upset about it and should make the most of it if we were getting yelled at anyway. We, uh, didn't expect having to swerve away from a... Kartana, I think Crystal called it? It sliced an asteroid too, so those're probably why the wormhole happened. Sorry. Anyways, I'm getting off topic, we did go to a couple of realities after that. One of them didn't seem that different from ours, really, we stayed there a couple of days and went on our way. One of them was by accident, though, I kinda got drop-kicked into it- literally. That one..."

As Aden paused to gather his thoughts, he'd have to swerve away from a hole in the ground and nearly broke the communication there. But once he was able to right himself- unaware of the Dunsparce poking their head out of the ground in response- he'd be able to resume it. "...rry, hoverboard went weird for a second. Where was I...? Oh yeah. So the reality I was flung into, that one was... colder than expected. I thought it'd be because of the Lake of Rage, and we had no way of checking anything on the SNAGs, but we... I wanted to see what you were talking about if there was a chance to. As we left the lake, I felt an immense pressure that only got worse the closer we got to Mahogany Town and its gym. It felt like a safe bet, the Blizz I know's been involved with the gym too. That bet was right, we did find him... kinda looked like he took after Pryce too, so I assumed he became its leader there. That turned out to kinda be a mistake and I blew it hard. He saw right through us, the pressure got so bad it felt like I was being crushed by it, and we learned things went south pretty bad in that reality. I mean, we did win against Ein like we did here, but it wasn't without casualties or a ruined region. He kicked us out after that, and honestly, I'm not sure we could've fought him if we had to. Or if I doomed that reality any more than it already might be based on all of that. What I- we- do know...

"...is we can't say what you were saying was baseless. The only ones that know about any of this are both of you, us, and Sol- my dad for your reference, Hunter. And he only knows because he confronted me about it after we got back. Put me through some rough paces, too, if anything were to happen and we did have to fight him. This world's Blizz is a mentor figure to me, part of me still doesn't want to believe he'd do what you've seen, but seeing a glimpse like that, of what could happen here... I can't just ignore it. Reno, Crystal, you're able to hear all this and were there too, did I miss anything? I feel like I'm leaving something out somewhere, and I don't mean how pissed the Ultra Council or whatever's gotta be over it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:47 pm
Reno felt himself slipping into the conversation as the discussion began between Aden and Freth, simply reacting to what curves in the route his peripheral vision was picking up for directing the hoverbike. He had known that Aden was a little frazzled by the whole experience, but it was another to hear and feel the emotions from him that had apparently been swirling during their whole experience in that particular reality. It certainly brought a lot of the stumbles he had made into focus as his mind doing its best to operate under a nearly interminable load. But the conclusion Aden was fully drawing still didn't sit well with Reno. It was too deterministic, too focused on things somehow trending towards these few focused points of events that had to happen. After all, if events across a multiversal spectrum like that trended to these specific set occurrences, what did that mean for him and everything that had occurred with the Ziton? Something that seemed bound to eternally recur itself out of spite and a desire for power, made into some multiversal point for all universes, would result in one inevitably succeeding in the goal and ending up doing something that would drastically rend this entire conceptual space irreparably, irregardless of the Ultra Council and whatever it could bring to attempt to corral it. Unless one was able to link something of that nature to themselves as a way to constrain it, then it might potentially be able to at least be limited in its approach vectors and

A bump in the road would jolt Reno out of his slowly growing hyper fixation on this almost approaching statistically impossible event. He needed to offer up his own personal side of things for what had occurred there. Especially with all that he had managed to pick up. "Aden. I will certainly give you that our trip there proved that these things the Hunter or.....do you wanna give a name yet? Whatever. Your stuff you said was proven to have some potential to them. In some realities. But I think that your particular mark isn't as accurate for this reality for....well, a few reasons. Most poignantly of all of them, this Blizz still possesses the interpersonal connections that can keep him grounded that were taken away from him in the reality we visited. And you can say whatever snide thing you want about Blizz's chances. I fully welcome the pushback. But this reality has three people who braved Ultra Space just to see if they might find something to disprove your entire hypothesis and one person who has spent the most time with him out of all of us and is also the reason you get to listen to our psychic phonecall. And this isn't even accounting for Tristan."

"The other reason that stands out is that the people surrounding him here are strong enough that he doesn't need to force himself to some power level he can't control. And from dealing with the birdbrain, I know he isn't likely to personally believe it but its true. The rest of Snagem can and does handle things that even him at the strength you seem to see as his inevitable state would not even be able to brush.....Aden." Reno would grind his bike to a halt at this point, taking a deep breath as it seemed like he was going to be confronting another thing today that he usually tried his best to breeze past. "I don't know what you did at Realgam Tower. I can't even begin to fathom what you did. All I know for certain is...you preserved that day as a happy ending for all of us, instead of some pyrrhic victory that would leave a lot of us bitter at the name Team Snagem. And that moment, with everything and everyone it helped, stands as one of my strongest pushbacks against this whole inevitability to Blizz going bad."

Taking a breath, Reno would feel an urge to pipe up again. Get in some last jab about how he felt slighted over the call him and Crystal couldn't have fought this alternate Blizz. But he wasn't going to force something like that. Beneath that sole intrusive thought, he just felt satisfied with what he had said. It was an....interesting feeling to have.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:11 pm
With another Pokémon battle under my belt, I continued my way off northward. It wasn’t too long until I found myself at a town, prompting me to check my SNAG once more to make sure this is where I did want to go, and sure enough, it was. Los Platos. It reminded me a little of Cortondo, minus the Pokémon Gym…that…didn’t seem all that much like a gym in retrospect. And only about a couple of hours walk from Cabo Poco…barring any Pokémon trainers looking for a battle or two. It left me to wonder if they were actually more connected to each other…Cabo Poco didn’t seem to have any major stores or something, like if it was some sort of major subdivision. It wouldn’t take long for anyone to get here from there, honestly. I don’t know. I could only speculate. All the same, this reminded me of a few areas that I have personally known about. Like Cherrygrove City back at home, or perhaps Oldale Town in Hoenn. Though as I stared at my SNAG I started to realize what time it was. I might have stayed up in those cliffs and such longer than I thought myself doing. This wasn’t like the trip to Cortondo where I got there pretty much right at the tail-end of lunch. I pretty much missed it altogether. It’d be another couple of hours until perhaps dinner time.

As I looked towards the north, seeing Mezagoza on the horizon, I sort of contemplated to myself if I wanted to just hold off and wait until I made it to Mezagoza. And when I get there, perhaps figure out what I want to do in the process. At this rate, I was fairly certain Artazon was off the table today despite intending on getting there by this evening. Between what I ultimately realize was me taking the long way around on an impromptu whim, being side tracked by having to take care of Cubchoo, and incidentally having to get Combusken adjusted to his new state being freshly evolved, it wouldn’t be the greatest idea to just make the hard push. Incidentally, maybe my Pokémon could actually get a bit of training in apart from the fights that they take on going from town to town. Especially if some of those fights in particular involve me dealing with those Terastal Pokémon, rather the wild ones or the gym leader ones.

In the meantime, I would make my way to yet another Pokémon Center kiosk and allowed them to give my Pokémon a look over. As I sat on a nearby table, if nothing else to take a break from the traveling and waiting on the staff to do their thing, once again, I end up having to hold my tongue, missing the conveniences of the Pokémon Centers back at home. I honestly can’t bring myself to really understand too much about Sol’s nonchalant stance when it comes to it. That the ones back at home for instance are the weird ones? God…to each their own I guess, but holy crap. I’m still left astounded as to how people function here…there can’t be any way in hell that no one in this region had a Pokémon medical emergency of some kind that will take more than a run on the healing table over. Ugh…does no one believe in tender loving care in this region?

Once I got my Pokémon back, I started to walk off from the Pokémon Center spot and made my way off down the path through the town. I’d pass by a small park with a small pond, and started my way off north towards Mezagoza. Once more, I am left to my own thoughts in silence. My thoughts were all over the place in all honestly. From teacher’s words to me this morning to wondering how Tristen is managing in his classes. Too many things to wonder about, to contemplate over…its probably part of why I couldn’t really get mself to relax and enjoy this trip more despite my intention on trying to get some semblance of a vacation out of this. Crap…

As I continued to walk down the path, I then started to notice something. The trees were a different color on their trunks for some reason. I looked back, finally taking note that I was a good ways away from the town now. I walked over, a little curious because whatever it was didn’t look natural. I walked over towards the tree, taking note to the sky blue, pink, and green blotches all over the tree. I couldn’t help but to stare in confusion for a moment, then reached over to take a feel. Whatever it was, it was dry. It didn’t seem like paint though. Nothing really came off on my fingers though…other than a smell, which made me flinch when I took a smell. “What the absolute hell? God, that’s wretched…almost smells like a menstruating Skuntank. God…where’s my hand sanitizer…” I said, taking off my pack and started to search for a means to get my hands clean.

As I dug away at my pack, I perked up hearing a hissing and growling sound nearby. Above me, specifically. I looked up, seeing a bluish-gray Pokémon, with a black face and large green eyes. And the oddest set of buck teeth. “Um…hi?” I asked. The Pokémon leaped from the tree and came down, and I quickly jumped back, snatching my pack away just before it landed. I then took out a Pokeball, staring at the thing in confusion. “Territorial little b*****d, aren’t you?” I asked, taking out a Pokeball. It started to rear up, as if it was getting ready for another attack. “Don’t do it…I’m not here for a fight, pal…” The unknown Pokémon then shot a hard spray towards me, quickly backing off. The multicolored mess fell upon the ground, effectively spelling out to me that this thing was responsible. But then it also gave me more insight…the ground was actually sizzling a little from it. “Acid Spray?” I asked, staring in confusion. Was this thing a Poison type?

Never mind, that I suppose. This thing was looking for a fight, so I might as well give it one. “Alright then, pal, go! Zigzagoon!” I shouted, tossing out Zigzagoon’s Pokeball. Once the ball lands, it flashed bright, revealing the black and white Zigzagoon, ready for battle. The Pokemon rushed towards Zigzagoon, leaping up and came down, mouth open wide and fangs dripping venom, a Poison fang attack. “Zigzagoon, move!” I shouted. Zigzagoon quickly leaped back as the Shroodle hit the ground, missing his target. “Zigzagoon! Knock Off!” I shouted. Zigzagoon quickly scrambled, his feet digging into the ground and started to rush off towards the apparent Poison type and swiped at the unknown Paldean Pokemon. The strike sent the Pokemon staggering back, but it was pretty quick to recover from the attack.

The Pokemon started to chatter quite a lot all of a sudden, all manner of non-provocative notions and things of the like. The notion caught Zigzagoon off guard, though feeling confident suddenly. Overconfident in fact. Wait… “Zigzagoon, stop it! That’s a Flatter! It’s trying to bait you!” I shouted. Unfortunately, my words fell upon deaf ears as the Flatter started to work its magic on the Zigzagoon. The Pokemon, now in a better position, moved in and started to rush in and went in with another Poison Fang attack. The Shroodle leaped upon Zigzagoon and started to bite down furiously with its venom-laced fangs. Zigzagoon yelped out loudly as the poison started to seep in its wounds. Zigzagoon managed to flail about to kick the Shroodle off of it, but unfortunately the damage had already been done. Now with confusion in full motion and now I got poison putting Zigzagoon ever more on the clock, it started to look sort of bad for the moment. This is one vile little creature.

“Zigzagoon, I need a Headbutt attack on that Pokemon!” I called out. In its confusion, instead of sending the Headbutt towards that Pokemon, the Zigzagoon rushed towards me. “Woah woah woah! HANG ON!” I quickly stepped off to the side as the Zigzagoon leaped up at me headfirst. Upon landing, it fell all wrong, tumbling and hitting the ground hard, hurting itself amid its confusion. The territorial Pokemon quickly jumped at the opportunity, firing off its colorful Acid Spray towards Zigzagoon, having the liquid burn into Zigzagoon’s fur as much as it was giving him an impromptu paint job. “God, you’re like a Smeargle’s evil cousin or something…” Note to self for future reference, double check to see if Galarian variants of Zigzagoon can learn something along the lines of say a decent ground or psychic attack.

Zigzagoon flailed about some more, trying to stop the burning of the acid spray that started to sear into him a fair bit. “Zigzagoon, are you alright? You back with us?” I asked. Zigzagoon shook its head, giving a bark in compliance. “Alright good. Now we got some ground to make up for…Zigzagoon! Use Headbutt!” Zigzagoon would quickly fight through the burning pain, both of the external and internal sorts, and rushed in, and rammed the Pokémon head first, causing a good deal of damage to the assailing Pokémon. As the Poison Pokémon started to standing up, reeling from the hit, I come to see that it wasn’t the only one starting to run out of steam. The poison that he managed to inflict on Zigzagoon was working its vile ways, perhaps a bit faster than I had imagined it doing. It wasn’t looking good. We needed to end this fight now. The Pokémon however wasn’t going to let it end so quickly though, rushing off and once again out to bite down upon Zigzagoon with its Poison Fang attack. “Zigzagoon! Here it comes!” I shouted. The Zigzagoon scrambled, trying to avoid getting caught under its poisonous bite once more. As Zigzagoon scrambled, the poison Pokemon pursued. This wasn’t helping, though; the more Zigzagoon went on the defensive, the more it was to this Pokémon’s advantage. The poison was going to claim Zigzagoon at any time.

“Zigzagoon! Assurance!” I shouted. The Zigzagoon turn around to square off with the pursuing Poison type, the Poison Pokémon once again leaped up to bite down on Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon weaved out of the way then retaliated, coming over and slamming itself down upon the unknown Pokémon in full retaliation, driving it into the ground. The Assurance managed to take the fight out of it, finally, much to my relief. “Ugh…welcome to Paldea…” I said, with a bit of sarcasm. “Thanks Zigzagoon, come back for now so I can find a spot to stop at and check you out.” I said, taking out his Pokeball and recalling the Zigzagoon. I had the feeling that even in the Pokeball, I was not going to have the time to make it back to Los Platos given the kind of distance I made already. I suppose I was going to have to do something like I did with Cubchoo and Combusken earlier today.

I took out my SNAG and started to get a read on the territorial Pokémon. “A…Shroodle?” I said. It started to occur to me that if this place was along the routes of newer trainers looking to go to Artazon or Cortondo, this was perhaps going to be a slight trial by fire. It was in a sense like trying to go through the Viridian Forest back in Kanto. All manner of Weedle and Beedrill ready to send people packing back to Viridian City…or make the mad dash to Pewter City in a panic. Not kosher at all for any involved. After stashing the SNAG, I would then make the rush off away from the tree to leave the Shroodle to its own devices before it decided it wanted to go back to fight again. I also needed to find a spot to deal with Zigzagoon’s poison issue.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:12 pm
After making some distance down the path, I took a look around to make sure that I wasn’t going to get any unwelcome company, let alone ones that may fall from trees. I then once again I found myself pulling out the collapsible picnic table, using it as a impromptu medical table. I then took out Zigzagoon’s Pokeball and released the Pokémon onto the table. Zigzagoon was still reeling from the poison. I quickly sat my pack down nearby, grabbing the hand sanitizer that I was looking for a little bit ago, and rubbed my hands down. Then I went and started to pull out the supplies for Zigzagoon to deal with his issues. Another potion out of the stock and an Antidote to hopefully deal with his poison issues.

As I started to get the antidote syringe at the ready, Zigzagoon’s eyes widened a bit and he wanted to squirm off the table. “Hey, hey! No, Zigzagoon. Stop. You need this. Hey. I know this is not going to be pleasant, but its better than some of the alternatives. Look at me…hey!” I then ended up holding Zigzagoon’s head, having him to stare at me. “Look at me. Rest. Rest. Come on. Rest.” Zigzagoon would then flop on the table, limbs sprawled out and started to doze. “…good enough.” I said, getting the antidote at the ready and administering the medicine.

With the threat of the poison now dealt with, now it was just the matter of dealing with all the other injuries and so on that Zigzagoon ended up taking. I would start using the potion which made Zigzagoon wince a fair bit. “Yea, I know…I know…” I said. As I continued to work trying to get Zigzagoon back to fighting shape, I started to wonder something. Now that I thought about it, I hadn’t noticed any major berry trees of any kind. No Orans or Pechas or anything of that sort. If I could find a few here or there, it would honestly help me save on the actual medical supplies from stores and so on, because honestly, I couldn’t keep doing this every time something major happens to my Pokémon. Unfortunately, I found nothing but olive fields and pain.

It would take a bit before I was finished giving aid to my Pokémon. Though instead of recalling him right away, I would leave him on top of the table for the time being, taking a spot on the bench built onto the table. I decided to take a minor break, sort of realizing that I didn’t really take all that much of one at the Pokémon Center when I was waiting on them to tend to my Pokemon at the time. It was silent in the area, nothing more than a breeze whisking over the hilly fields. Zigzagoon would eventually lift his head up off the table to look up at me with a bit of a mournful look. “What? I’m not mad at you. I had no idea what I was getting you into.” I said, scratching behind the Galarian variants ears. “And even if I did, probably would had to have fought one eventually. Either way, just glad you’re okay now. Though, this trip is being a little rough for you guys, hasn’t it. Cubchoo got a bit messed up earlier by a Scyther with that Terastal stuff…its probably not going to get any easier though. But I got faith in you. In all of you, you know?” I then took notice to Zigzagoon’s fur…where a few spots of his fur was stained from the acid spray earlier. “Looks like we’re going to need to get you a bath when I find a place to stop.”

“Bah!” The Zigzagoon spoke up in agitation.

“Hey, that thing got you good with that Acid Spray. You got a big red and blue blotch on your white stripes there.” I said. “I’m not having you run around like that. It’d look like I didn’t know how to take care of you.” The Zigzagoon would give a growl, though it did sound a little playful as it started to shirk back. “Oh cut it out, you doof.” I said, ‘scrubbing’ away at his head rather playfully. He would then hop up on my lap and started to give a couple of licks with his tongue on my face. “Well, I can see you’re feeling better now…you good to go?” Another bark in affirmation as the Zigzagoon hopped off my lap and back onto the ground. I would start to collapse the table once more and got it packed back up. “Alright then, come back for now, alright?” I would then recall Zigzagoon back to his Pokeball and stashed it.

I would then start making my way back to Mezagoza.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:13 pm
I continued to make my way to Mezagoza, trying to make it there before at the very least sunset at this point. I kind of wondered how everything was going at this point. I haven’t really seen anyone since I left the Pokémon Center outside of Mezagoza’s front gates. I know that we all went on our own separate paths and for pretty much everyone they all had some sort of transportation to fall upon. It wouldn’t surprise me if they actually were well ahead of me on badge count, despite this is only day number 2 on this trip. Then again, I started to realize the whole M.O. of Victory Road, specifically when I was told that any trainer wanting to take a taxi to the various spots in the regions was not going to really benefit from what Victory Road offers. I’m left to question if Ter or Aden was actually taking on challengers or fighting wild Pokémon like I have been along the way. God knows that me and my Pokémon have. I had the realization that as I go along, I may end up having to be the one at some point actively looking for a fight as opposed to defending myself like I had been doing for the past day and a half. I mean, it’s worked so well for me so far, in a sense, but honestly at the end of the day, I still need to get all the training and experience I can for the team.

As the sun started to set once more over Paldea, I finally found myself at the Pokémon Center where this whole trip started for me yesterday. Once again, I would cross the threshold of the front gates and started to make my way across the castle city, traversing the streets. I had a thought as I started to find my way down the main sprawl of the city. Pick something up to eat, finally, take it back to the dorm that was assigned to us, feed myself and my Pokémon, then afterwards, perhaps head off to somewhere that we can finally get some training in for at least a little bit. I do recall the recreation field that was on campus; perhaps I could spend some time with them over there. Classes should be getting close to being over for the day by now. I would assume, anyways. So I don’t see the harm in getting a slight training regimen in. The priority was trying to get Combusken up to snuff a little, to get him adjusted to his new form. Combusken is going to be capable of a good few new things now that he got at least 3 feet of height plus a set of actual arms to speak of.

I made my way off to a store to pick up a couple of groceries and then made my way off back for the Academy. Trudging up the seemingly countless steps and crossing the threshold of the front door to the academy, I made my way to the dorm that we were assigned. If nothing else, I was looking forward to seeing Freth now…provided that she was here that is. I wasn’t sure if she was still out playing body guard or if they were roughing it out there in the wild somewhere. When I found my way into the dorm, I cut on the lights and took a look around. Freth didn’t seem to be here for the time being…a little upsetting. Probably just as well…I did have every intention on going out to the rec field later. I walked off and tossed out each of the Pokeballs I had on me. The Pokémon would come out to take a look around at their surroundings, but then the majority would take notice to Combusken, who all other than Cubchoo knew about. As they started to go about themselves, getting comfortable on a chair or the bed, or perhaps play with each other, I started to fix each of our meals finally after a long day in the little kitchenette in the dorm, then started to have my dinner with the rest of my Pokémon.

It wasn’t too long after where I decided to go ahead and actually get one plan that I had meant to do today, and find my way to the rec field here at the academy. When I arrived, I started to take a look around, and while there were a few people here, it was a non-issue. I would make my way over towards one of the battlefields and took out Combusken’s Pokeball. “Combusken, come on out.” I said, lobbing the ball out onto the battlefield. In a flash, Combusken was there on the field looking up at me. “Alright, lets get started. So first off, how are you feeling. Good? How’s the adjust?” I asked.

“Baaaskin.” Combusken replied.

“Don’t know, huh? Well, here…let’s try a few things. Show me your Fire Pledge. Just aim out there somewhere.” I said, pointing off towards open space. Since no one was around, this should work out. Combusken turned around and unleashed a harsh plume of flame out upon the field for a couple of seconds, displaying his fire in grand fashion. After the attack was over, he looked a little confused as to why I just had him fire a random Fire Pledge. “You noticed it? I did. You didn’t really recoil. I admit that was a bit too strong of an attack that I got you to learn it as a Torchic…though I kind of felt that it would help you a fair bit in the Galar tournament…….that we never really could see to the finish. Beside the point, you did it during the Gym battle in Cortondo. You needed that couple of seconds to gather yourself before you decided to have at it with another fire attack or…much of anything. I mean, its not anything like if you were to Hyper Beam someone, but it was still that brief moment of time that left you open and the gym leader’s Pokémon did catch you out like that. Remember?” Combusken thought back for a moment but then realized what I was talking about, giving a few nods. “Alright, now…” I walked over in front of him and stood at the ready. “To give you a target, come at me with an Aerial Ace. Don’t need to hold back. You know, like how we trained back at the headquarters.” Combusen gave a nod then started to run at me. Combusken leaped up and dove down feet first. I raised my arms up to guard and Combusken made impact, making me wince a bit. As Combusken landed, he nearly fell over, not used to his newfound shape. “Not bad. That was a good hit.” I said, shaking my arms a bit. They were going to be sore later for sure. “Though you’re back to having trouble sticking the landing so you can keep fighting again. But you felt the amount of force you were putting out now, right?” Combusken then nodded in affirmation. “And that’s just a few examples. Hell, other attacks like Ember should be a cake walk for you, now. But hey, just wait. Before you know it, you might be looking at Flamethrower and Fire Blast attacks here in the future. But I think for you? Maybe forgo that a little bit.”

“Com-ba?” Combusken tilted his head confused. Wasn’t learning those fire attacks a good thing?

“Well, it’s because…” I said, kneeling down and grabbing hold to his arms and holding them up. “…of these. And if you hadn’t noticed…” I then said, holding up one of Combusken’s feet, which shocked him a little from the sudden losing of balance. I made sure he wasn’t going to go anywhere though. “You got bigger, stronger legs that could do some damage. Like you did with that Aerial Ace just a minute ago.” I let his foot go, allowing him to stand normally. “Having those ranged fire attacks are well and good, but sometimes it might be just as well for you to focus what you can be naturally good at. That’s why maybe we’ll take the time for you to get back to snuff with that Aerial Ace. I mean, take Typhlosion for instance. Yea, I got him to learn all manner of attacks, both of the physical and specialized, but he tends to favor the specialized attacks more than physical. That’s why he does have his own Flamethrower, Fire Blast, and on occasion, even a Blast Burn. You on the other hand, your species in general, tends to favor physical. You would do better getting up close and personal. Its not something that you would have cared to do before as a Torchic, but now that you’ve evolved, and whenever you evolve again, you’ll find that it will be to your benefit. And hell, you might eventually outclass Typhlosion when it comes to things like…say, Earthquake when you’re capable of it. But that is down the road. So, what we’re going to do this evening is get you on the path to pivoting to such a style. So first thing we’re going to take care of is we’re going to do a couple of exercises for the time being and perhaps get you on the way to learning a couple of attacks. I’m thinking Brick Break and Fire Punch for you for the time being. Get some use out those arms. How about it?”

“Com-ba-sken!” Combusken spoke up, a bit excited at the prospect of it.

“Good. So, lets start by taking a run around the track that circles the field, alright?” From there the two of us made our way off the battlefield and made our way onto the running track. Jogging along, I was encouraging Combusken to start off easy as we made our run, make him get used to his new form and to get him warmed up for the regimen we were bound to do. There was some fun to be had in it. Occasionally I’d tease Combusken, actually running backwards a bit to goad him into picking up the pace towards the latter half of the laps that we were doing around the track. Not only it was to get Combusken to push himself a little, it was in good fun though.

Once we were finished with that, we finally got to work on the main lesson plan. “Alright, lets start off with a Brick Break. We’ll get started on it here, but I need to go find somewhere where you can actually start pushing your limits on using it. Breaking maybe boulders or something. Maybe tomorrow. The path to Artazon is apparently a canyon, mesa area, sort-of similar to what we went through earlier today, only a lot less grass. Either way, if we can get you up to snuff, maybe we can take you into the next gym battle too, since that one is apparently a Grass type gym. Hopefully the guy doesn’t have anything such as the Lotad line, though. That would be a bit of a headache to work around. But whatever…focus on the now.” I said.

“Now for Brick Breaks, the thing that makes them most effective is that its effectively a piercing attack. With your fist. It becomes extremely effective against a lot of Rock and Steel Pokémon and Pokémon that likes to use things like Reflect and Light Screen aren’t necessarily safe. And I’m going to see if I can’t run you through it like I did with a lot of the team as is, like with Weavile or Zangoose, being most notable. Your hands…” I said kneeling down and holding up Combusken’s hands again. “Are your greatest weapon here. Though, its going to sound weird…counter intuitive actually...when you swing in to punch something…you tighten your claws up.” I said. “Come on, close them up. Make your hand flat.” I said. Combuskin flattened out his hand, tighting up around his claws. “You focus your power right here.” I said, pointing towards the middle of his claws. “Almost like if you were to stab something.”

“Com-ba-sken?”

“Because when you swing in, you want as fast and as hard as a punch you can get. Believe it or not, the air? Is the enemy. It will resist your every swing, however minor.” I said. “Weird, right?

“Baaa.”

“The part here is to reduce drag on you swing, but at the last second. The last possible microsecond imaginable…” I then to demonstrate with my own hand, putting it towards Combusken. “You bring down your claws, making impact. And its all going to be focused where you hit at.” I said. “So, you saw how I was teaching Cubchoo how to use Ice Punch? Step in, thrust forward…mind your claws, or you’ll probably end up with a few broke nails soon after you got them.” I said. “Then fold them down. One smooth motion.”

“Com-ba.”

“Now.” I said, keeping on to my knees for the time being. While there were going to be opponents taller than him, or maybe at times will be flying, one step at a time. “Take a swing. Try to use Brick Break on me.” I said. Combusken would try to do as instructed, stepping in, but the thrust wasn’t…great. It was…a try…which was all I could say about it, but not unexpected either. “No, no…you didn’t do any of the stuff when you swung. Try it again. Take your time right now. No pressure. I know there’s a lot of steps you pretty much have to do in the span less than a second, but you’ll get to it. Its why we’re on this now.” I said. Combusken would try to take a few more swings with his new arms, he still wasn’t really all that successful. There wasn’t really much impact either at the end. Combusken wasn’t getting any of its fighting type prowess behind the attack either to further fuel the Brick Break attack.

I would eventually stop and start attempting to instruct Combusken again, running through the steps again, which I was more than happy to do. I doubted Combusken was going to get this by the end of tonight, considering I started this training session during this evening. It did take Zangoose and Weavile at least a couple of days before they got the fundamentals of the attack down, and roughly a week before they started to show a little bit of mastery over it by not only doing the attack, but trying to use it in all manner of scenarios or weaving it in their attack strings during battle. Though as I instructed Combusken, I started to notice that I was getting some attention as I was trying to instruct Combusken in the attack. I had the feeling that they were finding me a bit strange in trying to teach Pokémon an attack the hard way as opposed to using Technical Machines or anything of the like. If not the fact that for one, I didn’t have the machine, nor in this region’s case apparently have the materials to actually get one, I find it a bit more enriching to actually do it the hard way; where you’re spending time with the Pokémon that you’re using to fight the fights you put them in. That feeling of you showing you care. A whole laundry list of things that I could go on about. I swear to God, people these days are putting too much stock in technology in their gym battles. Then again, that’s probably also my Gym tutelage under my teacher, Pryce, being all about the O.G., old fashioned, sort of battling that’s doing all the talking. Not to mention, Technical Machines only give the base layout as to how a move is supposed to be performed and unfortunately nothing about a Pokémon battle is static nor is how a Pokémon learns static; a machine cannot teach nuance. To think, perhaps those students that I battled before going on the gym tour probably wondered how I managed to beat them so handedly.

More, Combusken started to swing, taking it one step at a time and eventually, Combusken started to get his fighting type power into his swing, which was having him make impact a bit more, but it still wasn’t enough. It wasn’t Brick Break level of quality as of yet. “Keep at it, Combusken. One fluid motion, you’re getting there. And when you get this down, this can go towards your next attack. What you’re learning here can transition into your next attack. But I need you to get this down first, okay? Now, keep trying.” Combusken continued to try its attack, with no success in the end. Once more, I went on to run through the steps, and once again, I allowed Combusken tries to do as instructed.

This went on for a couple of hours, taking a couple of five or ten minute breaks along the way. It was starting to get late and we were still trying to get the attack down. I would perk up taking notice to the students that were still out here in the field were all starting to leave, and a set of lights were getting cut off. “Oh…crap…I guess we overstayed our welcome.” I said.

“Com-ba…”

“Hey, don’t worry about it, its fine. We’ll pick up tomorrow at some point.” I said. “Kind of the price I’m having to pay for not stopping on the trip until now. Just remember, one fluid motion. I know its going to be easier said than done in the heat of things, but just like with the other attacks you learned, it will get easier eventually. Come on.” I said. Combusken and I would find our way back inside the building just as the last few lights started to get shut off on the rec field. We would then find our way back to the dorm. Zigzagoon would get his bath finally, much to his disdain, but it was needed lest he wanted to keep his fur somewhat multi-colored from that stuff that Shroodle sprayed on him. From there, we all just spent a quiet night together and eventually turning in for the night. I got the feeling that it was going to be another busy day tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:25 pm
It was the next morning and while I did have my alarm set, I got up well before hand, mostly because of the moving about of students outside of the dorm. I’d reach over from the bed, grabbing my SNAG off of the desk close by to check the time. The alarm was set to go off in roughly another 30 minutes or so. With a sigh, I’d just stop the alarm and get up…only to notice that my Pokémon were once again piled on top of me, comfortable and content. It made me think that Freth didn’t show up last night and they did in fact stayed elsewhere. Combusken was taking up the most space as well, that I noticed, once again reminding me that I might need to start making arrangements in the near future for them if I have intentions on letting them sleep out of their Pokéballs at night. I would manage to get them to move off the bed so I could get out and get ready for the morning. One shower and a quick getting dressed later, I would take my Pokémon off towards the cafeteria to get breakfast.

In the cafeteria, as my Pokémon and I spent time with each other, I once again found myself eyes glued to the SNAG. Checking messages and the such, and for that matter, once again taking a look at the map of the region. After the events of yesterday and some thinking about it, I needed to take my time in going around the region, more than I originally intended on doing. I already intended on going on this trip to at least give Tristen a fair bit of time, but he may end up getting more time when I start to realize that not only this is a region ripe for the exploring, I needed to give all the training time that I could get to my Pokémon. Combusken is needing all the practice for Brick Break and when he starts getting that down, I planned on getting him to learn Fire Punch, and that’s not getting him into trying to cope with trying attacks like Aerial Ace in his evolved state. And I need to be ready for whenever everyone else starts evolving. That also reminds me…I need to see if I can’t get my hands on an Ice Stone for Vulpix sometime down the road.

With everyone fed and content, I thought for a moment as to what to do this morning before I left the academy to head off to Artazon. I was wanting to see how Tristen was adjusting in these classes. However, at this point, it seems as if class had started. And I don’t have any idea what was on the itinerary today since I’ve been walking around all over Paldea so far. And as tempting as it was to probably call Freth as well, considering Freth by now should be up and back at it playing bodyguard by now again, I had the feeling it was going to be a bad idea to give them a call in any capacity right now. I suppose I would have to try to catch up later with them. Maybe hope they’ll give me a call since I’m perhaps the most flexible to everyone in my entourage.

I would get up, clean up the space that I took up, recalling my Pokémon, and then decided to head off to the nurse’s station. I ended up coming to understand that apart from tending to the students, it does tend to act similarly to a Pokémon Center proper, which is something that I have been pretty much missing out on. And since Doc is being holed up in there trying to get the station in working order, I had faith things were going to work out when I hand my party over to him for him to give them a once over.

I would head off across the academy building, finding my way to the nurses station. Upon arrival there, I took a look around and it wasn’t anything I had come to expect. This place…was kind of a mess. Lots of documents and folders were stacked about, medical supplies were sprawled out on counters, and various other items. “Orderly, move that over there. Ms. Miriam, you do have storage for your medical records, yes?”

“Yes, sir.” The woman nearby, wearing a sweater top of some kind with a blue and violet skirt. Long hair, shaded in two shades of violet and wearing a doctor’s lab coat over it and a stethoscope around her neck. She was gathering various folders and long sheets that seem akin to recorded logs of some kind. “That is in the next room over there, to the left.” She said. Close by, a Ralts and a Hatenna were close by on a counter, looking at the bustle going on in the building, and those two were accompanied by the Litten that Doc had adopted for himself before this trip.

“When’s the last time the records have been updated on the academy’s system.”

“I don’t know. I know I haven’t done anything with it since I’ve been here. A lot of the staff, us especially, were kind of hastily hired on and I was kind of given…and between keeping up with the students and their Pokémon and I will admit some of my own class-taking to be an instructor here, its been kind of crazy.” Miriam stated.

“We’re going to actually need to get on that. Find out what needs to be kept, what needs to be purged. We’re also going to need to go through the supplies and find out what you’re working with. Some items actually have a shelf life.” Doc stated.

“Is it a bad time to come in here?” I spoke up.

“Blizzard. No, we’re still open in here…despite it looking the contrary, I admit.” Doc stated. “What brings you in here?”

“Well…just a quick check up if you don’t mind before I got back out on the road to Artazon.”

“Oh Artazon!” Miriam spoke up. “You’ll really like that place! I take it that you are on Victory Road? That means you’ll be seeing Brassius. He’s quite the artist, both on a canvas and in a Pokémon battle.”

“Is he now?” I asked.

“Oh yes. I’ve gotten to meet him quite a few times, personally. He’s a real close friend to Mr. Hassel, the art teacher here. In fact, Mr. Hassel helped inspire Brassius to create his greatest work: ‘Surrendering Sunflora’. Here, maybe I can show you…” she said, taking out her phone to find a picture of the work.

“That’s quite…alright. I’m probably bound to see it when I get to Artazon if he has any manner of major influence in Artazon, I’d imagine.”

“Suit yourself.” She said.

Doc would lead me to the back of the room where a bed was and one at a time, Doc would start giving my Pokémon a look over. Miriam would follow Doc to start learning his ways of medically caring for Pokémon. First one to get a look over was Zigzagoon. “While you are at it, Doc, maybe try to pay close attention to Zigzagoon a little more than the rest, if you don’t mind. Yesterday, I ended up meeting a Shroodle? I think that’s how you call them?”

“Oh, Shroodle! Cute little guys.” Miriam said. “Though really nasty in personality.”

“I’ve noticed. I need you to check over to see how he’s coming along. I did give Zigzagoon some first aid shortly after the battle because he got poisoned by the little b*****d and got a bit of an acid burn from I believe to be an Acid Spray attack. The poison has been dealt with by an Antidote, but I need to make sure I did take care of the acid just fine. I also tried what I could last night before going to bed last night to make sure there wasn’t any further complications. If you don’t mind, check my work.”

“Ms. Miriam, I’m not too familiar with Shroodle, can you get me your documentation on them, please?”

As Miriam went off, Doc would go on to proceed start parsing Zigzagoon’s fur, using a cotton swab to do so, taking careful note as to what he was looking at. While the lady was gone, I would look at Doc for a moment. “So…something that I was curious about. What did Darts want to talk to you about so badly between the two of you? Or is it overly personal?” I asked him.

“Oh, uh…it was…how Darts was acting the first couple of days of being here. His false, very put on, act of everything is sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.” Doc said. “He wanted to apologize to me about all of that.”

“Really? So, what was wrong with him, then?”

“…that…Blizzard, I’m afraid is all I’m going to tell you on that.” Doc said. That got me with a concerned look, needing an eyebrow to raise once again. “Look, its nothing to worry about Blizzard.”

“Really nothing to worry about or something you hope is nothing to worry about?”

“Blizzard, he’s going through a few issues of his own that he’s trying to deal with. Like you right now.” Doc said, almost in a scolding manner. “If it is something to worry about, then you will probably be one of the first ones to know. Until then, let the man actually work. If he wants to ask for help later, let him but not before.”

“Fair enough.” I said.

Doc would continue to look through his fur. Miriam would come back with a book, opening it up. I noticed that this thing had quite a lot of use. Even Doc stared at it with a bit of trepidation. He would look at the binding of the book, studying the date that was on it. “Ms. Miriam, this book is at least 10 years old. I’m sure there is newer information by now with perhaps more pertinent information.”

“It’s what I have been working with since I’ve gotten here. And sadly, I don’t think I need to talk to you about bureaucracy.”

“…sadly, no. Very well…” he would start searching, seeing the documentation about Shroodle and how their Acid Spray was known to operate, at least for the time. He then took a look at Zigzagoon. “Nothing egregious that I can see. He should be fine.”

“Alright, good to know that I took care of it in short order then.”

From Zigzagoon, he went to check over the rest of my Pokémon. Cubchoo was fine, as was Mudkip. Vulpix was too. Miriam was actually adoring those Pokémon. Not only they weren’t Paldean native, they just looked really adorable to her. As Doc finally got to Combusken, she was relishing hanging on to Vulpix for a while, the Pokémon being her favorite of my bunch for the time being. “So, heard from much of anyone else since then?” I asked. “I haven’t really talked to anyone since I left from here the other day. I noticed Ter was on his own and Aden was heading off with a bunch himself. Larrimore went off doing…Larrimore things…I guess.”

“No, I haven’t. I’ve been dealing more in the student body here than any of our own. And well, you see what we’re doing today.” Doc said.

“Yea, good luck in that. I don’t envy you on that one.”

“Combusken, here, seems to be doing well. How has he been doing since evolution to you?”

“Just fine. Still adjusting, though. I made an impromptu training regimen last night with Combusken to get it worked out. I had him run the track for a little while and he did it like a champ. But, some of his attacks are having to be adjusted a bit now he is the way he is. Not the most graceful Aerial Ace he’s made, for sure.” Combusken gave a bit of an agitated look. “Hey, its not your fault. We’ll work on it. I’m not saying it to put you down. Look, it takes a bit, alright?”

“So typical evolution issues that will right itself. Okay, well, I do see everything did come in just fine. Nothing seems malformed or out of place.” He said. “A healthy Combusken.”

“Alright, that’s good.”

“So what about you?” Doc then asked. “You’ve been in a rather foul mood since the trip here.”

“I…am fine, I guess. Just…been thinking a lot. Ended up calling Teacher back at home yesterday, incidentally.”

“How has Mr. Pryce been doing?”

“Fine. Told him about what all I have been going through, suggested I should keep at this gym tour. That maybe it can allow me to figure out what I want to do from here on.”

“Hmm…perhaps not too far from the truth, actually. Its quite funny.” Doc said as he allowed Combusken to come off the bed he was sitting on for Doc to examine him.

“Funny?”

“Apparently, as students enroll and complete their studies or compete in their gym competitions, the whole underlying theme that the academy falls upon is the treasure hunt. It’s an independent study assignment assigned to every last student whom enrolls here. The ‘treasure’ in question is something that students are…looking for in life; what they seek to achieve. Rather they study within the walls here or go out in the wider world to deepen their understanding of what they have learned, accompanied by the Pokémon they cherish. Heh…perhaps, you’ll find your ‘treasure’ out there.”

“…Doc…that sounds cheesy as all hell.” I said.

“Hey! The Treasure Hunt has been great for all the students here!” Miriam protested. “Everyone, even the teachers, have found their own ‘treasure’ in one way or another. …Well…almost everyone.” Miriam then stated, softly tapering off as she realized what she was saying.

“You’ll make it eventually. Its what I am here for.” Doc told her.

“Look, I’m not saying that sort of thing doesn’t work; I’m sure it done wonders, but I’m having a hard time associating with what I’ve been doing and had gone through to a treasure hunt.”

“And Tristen was the one who needed to get out more.” Doc deadpan replied. That got deadpan, irritated stare out of me in turn.

After having my Pokémon looked over, it was about time to get back out into the world. I made sure that I had the team and the supplies in question and started my way off out of the academy. A Treasure hunt, huh? The ‘treasure’ I’m looking for was peace of mind, which has been in very short supply as of late. And just taking a gym tour was supposed to do that? Color me dubious.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:11 pm
Crystal listened to everyone, just quietly surfing along otherwise. She was barely even taking the surroundings in. After both Aden and Reno said their piece, the lioness would chime in a bit. “Kartana, yes. Little sentient razor sharp origami piece. And I don’t think I ever said it, the one that drop kicked you, Aden, was a Pheromosa. As far as objectively, however, I don’t think you’ve missed anything overall.

“That being said, Reno more or less covered ou- my other thoughts on things. My only addition would have to be that if what we- I’ve seen played out in other realities in broad strokes is what fate should have been for us, then it can go get a Cacturne’s arm shoved up its hide. Half of the versions of myself that I learned about weren’t alive for whatever reason, accident or otherwise, especially if they were also Espeon hybrids, so the fact that I still exist at all sounds like a bit of a miracle, even if this is a completely new body with no relation to the old one. So, if our fate was to be taken by the Ziton that day, well, who knows, I might be in some sort of Final Destination-esque situation now. Considering things, wouldn’t be surprised.” A pause would happen as she reoriented herself, making sure she didn’t drift terribly far from her companions. “I guess to sum up my thoughts from being terribly rambly, maybe that happens in other realities. It might be a more likely thing that happens. Maybe it might be an inevitable thing. However, I don't believe one potential outcome, however probable, should condemn someone to death. Not when they’ve not shown the signs that they’re close to that tipping point yet.”

Reno and Aden would notice a shrug with the large sigh she’d broadcast next. “Then again, I could know nothing about what I’m saying. At the end of the day, I just want everyone to live. Happily, preferably.”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:54 pm
The Spoonbender Trio

“Just call her Eris.” Freth said to the three of them.

“Don’t. Please.”

“Hey, what I seen, you didn’t care for your agent name all that much either. Unless you want to give us who you really are here? Or are you fearing anyone digging around in whatever school and psychiatric records that you had racked up growing up?” Freth then asked. “Besides, I was being honest that its at least better and more relatable than ‘Agent Polaris’.”

“Whatever…” Eris would state. “All the same, ignoring the obvious questions of how is Aden alive after being dropkicked by something that, despite its stature, could rival Buzzwole in force, just…” There would be silence out of the once-interdimensional hunter for a brief second. “…Look, in case you three haven’t realized, I’m playing it Freth’s way for the time being. While I am not really convinced as of yet that things aren’t going to just be all sunshine and rainbows here, I’m willing to shut up about it for now. Make no mistake, I wouldn’t mind everyone being able to live too, but for things to make sure things stay happy, concessions need to be made.”

“Coming from someone who admitted that the mission to take Blizzard out was as much selfish as much as it was to anyone’s benefit.”
Freth stated.

“At least I admit it.” Eris stated. “You’re all not wrong about there being variance; in this world, this reality being no different. However, regardless the factors involved in each reality, they culminated in this region of ultra space the same way. Blizzard laid waste to that world in some fashion, and being variants as they were, did so for different reasons, different means. The fact that you found one or two in what has been otherwise a seemingly infinite expanse that hasn’t found its end, at least not at the time you arrived, is more akin to the exception that proves the rule. You, Aden, found at the very least one that while he didn’t ice the world yet, he had that absurd amount of power that crippled you just on senses alone? I can perhaps imagine; that was the kind of thing that kept me up at night. I understand that you all care about the guy in your own ways, and I have to agree, he doesn’t have to jump at the call or push himself as he does, but as Freth could very well tell you, it’s basically in his apparent, inherent nature. He can’t sit still when something is wrong, knowing that there is an opponent that needs defeating that outclasses him, or even an ally that outclasses him which might be a blow to pride, and so on. He’s all about the work, giving the 110 percent and whatever, because any less would make him look bad. Like he’s slacking. If he fails, it’s strictly his fault. That generally self-destructive mentality.”

“And it’s for that reason why I am pretty much putting myself through the paces to show that he doesn’t need to do that. He’s not alone in all of this.” Freth stated. “Granted, I got some catch up to do…” she then says, irritation prominent in the mental airways.

“Though this brings up something I didn’t really think about until now. You…the Solgaleo hybrid. You’re Sundaria, aren’t you? You’re the one Nocturne is after.” Eris stated. ”Since we’re dumping exposition here, I was told at one time that you had a distantly related connection to the whole mess involving Necrozma. You used to be an agent yourself and then you up and left and now Nocturne is hunting you down. Why? And, perhaps, to bring up a tinge of concern to your friends here, is that going to affect this reality in any way that you are aware of?”  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:16 pm
Spoonbenders, but also Birdbenders

"It's... a kinda long story, and some of the details are a bit hazy. Trying to keep things coherent between timelines is rough and only gets harder when they converge for redundant results or whatever. Even then, sometimes I'm not sure I can fathom what I did there..." Aden remarked, having a feeling there was going to be some talking later. And storytelling. But also talking.

"And Pheromosa? I was meaning to ask about that, so I guess now I have a name for that weird bug-looking thing. Honestly, much as it hurt, probably not the roughest thing I've encountered...? But I'm also the one who went through the Johto gym circuit and had run-ins with Unown and a Celebi. And a Suicune a few times. And a weird adventure with a Lapras. Whatever normal is, I've probably forgotten it and I'm convinced I'm just used to weird stuff happening. And Eris works for me, but just gonna say Polaris is a cool sounding... name... wait. You're from this reality? I mean I don't see a big reason to go digging or anything but... huh." If there was any upside to this, it was Aden slowing down on the hoverboard for a moment, if only so he didn't hit a rock or anything and go tumbling for it. He'd speed back up after a moment to keep up with the others, trying to process everything. "Anyways, it's kept me up a bit too. I've maybe felt that kind of Pressure one other time, but it was really brief and still paled by comparison. I... can relate to the mentality, though. Struggled with that one both in Johto and when our dealings with Ein started really kicking up. And Blizz was helping combat it, too, at least when we traveled through Johto.

"...but yeah, he's not. If anything, it bugs me a little that he doesn't practice what he preaches as much as you'd think. And honestly, Freth, I'd be happy to help where I can on the psychic stuff, but, well. I'm kinda understanding why my mom was tasked more with it when I was a kid and unfortunately for her, I was a stubborn kid that wanted to go off and adventure instead of sitting around bending spoons for a couple of hours."

He'd quiet down afterward as the conversation continued, only to hear Eris' next remarks and question and look towards Crystal for a moment, but only for a second to keep his eyes on the road. "Nocturne? Oh, waaaaait, that's the one you were saying was really edgy or whatever, right? Actually, erm. That's probably a good question now that it's been brought up... also, the hell's a Necrozma?"  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff