Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Victory Road [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:34 am
Reno would simply turn towards Crystal as Eris brought up this little piece of information. What the hell was this Nocturne? "Im sorry. The hell is a Necrozma, a Nocturne, and why am I suddenly worried that I have once again become the average person in this conversation?" Reno said, gaze slowly drifting towards where Crystal was still keeping up on her board. He needed to know how bad this particular story was, especially if it was going to be interacting with his own personal paranoid delusion.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:28 am
Crystal would let out an audible and visible sigh when Eris asked about Nocturne and Necrozma. There might have been a shred of hope that despite her being one of their agents, Eris hadn’t heard of her or interacted with anyone that did. That hope was now dashed, though. And now Aden and Reno were asking about them. Light blind it all. This was going to be enjoyable. Not. “Nocturne is a Lunala hybrid, male in this case. Lunala the Pokémon is also said to be the female evolution to Cosmoem, with Solgaleo being the male. Funny how that worked out for us two, though. And, no, we do not get along. Found out we have… highly differing views of how a mission should be executed. However… Where did you get that information about myself with Necrozma? There was nothing that I can recall, and there’s quite a bit w- I can dig through. Has anyone even properly encountered it?”

Collecting herself, she would continue, “For our three native allies, the Necrozma I know about is... Was… is supposed to be, let’s go with that, this gigantic glowing beast, rather dragon like, with one red and one blue crystalline eye. Magnificent and terrible, and so bright that you could barely look at it. Maybe some parts of it looked like they could have been crystalline armor as well. However, never actually encountered it. Only saw depictions of it. Reno, you’re drifting a bit too close, pay attention to the land in front of you. Especially to make sure you don’t fall off a cliff.”  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:08 pm
The Shared Psychic Braincell

“You were right with ‘was’. It was that radiant dragon that you’re trying to describe, but now its more akin to a crystalline, black as obsidian, golem that robs entire realities of its very light sources. Its energy, rather. I haven’t encountered it myself first hand, but I’ve seen and known those to see the aftermath of it. Completely as dark as the Megaoplolis if it didn’t have its artificial lights everywhere.” Eris stated. “I was only told that you had a distant connection to Necrozma, but I wasn’t told as to why. Didn’t ask. I had…other things on my mind at the time. The most I figure was to prevent you from having an encounter with the thing perhaps for the same reasons why taking actual Lunala or Solgaleo, who transports our interdimensional skiffs, are done with a lot of caution and trepidation, because the very nature of those beasts are practically one with the kind of power that Necrozma gorges itself on. The power that I’m almost willing to bet that the Solgaleo hybrid takes for granted. Maybe because you’d be a threat to the likes of the Megaopolis if Necrozma did get a hold of you? I can only speculate. Only thing I know was that Nocturne had special privileges to go about doing his own thing while everyone else continued to track down Necrozma, the Ultra Beast threats, and all manner problems stemming from Ultra Space traversal.”

“There could always be the possibility that it was on a need-to-know basis and you didn’t need to know.” Freth chimed in to Eris. “Or this Nocturne guy just managed to say a few things to get his own way there.”

“There’s no telling. Nocturne was…as one would say on a higher pay grade than I was. I didn’t answer to him directly.” Eris stated.

“Do you suppose he knows of Crystal being here?” Freth then asked.

“It’s a possibility considering the ultra beast attacks that happened here. Or at least someone from the Recon Squad. Never mind the fact that I’m effectively, at least to them, a missing person. Someone has to be bound to come up looking to make sure there isn’t any catastrophic effects that turn up from variables coming to fruition in a reality. Who knows what would happen if…say they got to Sol because of him keeping around that Buzzwole. And who knows what would stem from actually confirming their elusive Sundaria actually being here. Though, that one I’d imagine that she would be able to better tell you than I could. I didn’t come into the Squad until long after she was gone.”

“What about that guy I saw in your memories? That Lugia hybrid…”

There was a pensive pause. “…if the squad is smart, they wouldn’t allow him to get involved.”

“I don’t think they are. Considering they allowed you to go on your little mission.” Freth stated.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:23 pm
With more food for thought to be given by Doc Owl, I found myself making my way out of the academy, down the steps of the prestigious academy, back towards the main plaza of Mezagoza, then made my way east towards the eastern gate. From there, across a bridge and off on the beaten trail to a bunch of mesas. Most of the major paths through this place, according to the map, tends to wind all over the place. Unlike the path to Cortondo, there is a lot of places for Pokémon to hide. To my recollection, I thought Freth made her way this way when the team all went their separate ways a couple of days ago. In fact, apparently that Herba Mystica was supposed to be somewhere around here. I wonder if they actually found anything…or if not, then if at the very least I would end up finding anyone from that group here. It’s been a couple of days, though, so there’s no telling where anyone is at this point.

I couldn’t help but to get lost in my thoughts once more as I made my way down the paths in the canyon like expanses. I started to realize something and it started to annoy me: I originally started on this gym run just as an excuse to train my Pokémon and to give Tristen a bit of time to get himself settled up. See if this was anything that he actually did want to actively pursue. Little did I realize that would end up on a whole journey of self-reflection…or madness. And honestly? I wasn’t enjoying it. I was trying to make the most of something that was supposed to be a vacation. But here I am, making my way through a mesa, going after my second gym badge out of a foreign region, and having a crisis of how to spend my future, provided that I am allowed to have one barring any incidents involving some crazed maniac out to ruin everything in the world or if I have another assailant come out from another reality coming for my head. Pryce, my teacher, was suggesting I was putting too much stock in the incidents that happen and too low of others to pick up the slack, that I shouldn’t be the only one to handle it. Maybe I do have too little faith of how this world has been going as of late; especially if the past few years were indicative of how things were. Maybe Ein and Lysandre have scarred me a lot worse than I originally gave them credit for…which is sad because I knew I was pretty bad off. That harpy didn’t help matters either. Maybe the scars run deeper than just that.

I don’t know. Maybe everyone is right. With Ein gone in particular, it shouldn’t get any worse, right? Bah, that’s me wanting to get complacent. We’ve already had a few Ultra Beasts to show up already for one and Shadow Pokémon aren’t going to be going away any time soon, especially if there were those like the whole incident in Mauville City was any indicator as to some people’s feelings about using Shadow Pokémon. And worse thought…could Ultra Beasts become Shadow Pokémon? Ugh…I am a wreck!

I started to look about the area and started to realize I was starting to lose my bearings. I looked up towards a ledge on a nearby butte. I kicked off the ground and took flight up, only long enough to get up to the top of the plateau above me. I started to look forward and stared with a bit of disdain. “Ugh…I’m going to be here for a while…” I said. Even if I tried to fly over all of that, they seem to go off for a while and I don’t have it in me to actually fly for long periods of time. I’d rather not.

As I continued to scout about the area, I heard a noise that caught my attention. Some sort of scraping sound against the rock wall. Jarring loose small pebbles and debris. I started to walk towards the ledge, a little cautious when the scraping sound stopped. Nothing was showing up. Though I know I heard something and I know it wasn’t the wind. That scraping noise made the whole situation weird. I walked off towards the ledge, staring in confusion for a moment. I wasn’t going to be stupid enough to peek my head over to look. I remained silent, still for a moment. I started to sense something just then. There was something there. It was laying in wait, I was almost certain it was clinging to the wall. I would then back away from the ledge once more, keeping an eye on the ledge. I was almost certain it was a Pokémon at this point, and was bound to leave it alone. But as I attempted to walk away, I heard the slight scraping once again. It was as if it was trying to get into position for something. Alright screw this…

I would quickly give a hard leap up towards the sky, taking flight. If something was going to try to ambush me, it was going to be sorely disappointed. When I started to try to fly away towards the next plateau, I took notice a bunch of very large rocks started to fly up towards me. “What the hell!?” I shouted. Quickly I swerved as best as I could and quickly made the dive back towards the paths within the canyon walls. I quickly landed, but my senses started to trip. I looked back, seeing something skittering across the walls. It leaped up and started to come down towards me. I would roll off, away from the ambushing Pokémon, finally getting able to get a good look at what came at me. It was some sort of crab…? Like a Kingler. And pretty large like one. Seeingly lacking in the pincer department though despite its size. “Buddy, the hell are you? And why are you here? Nearest river is back that way and I imagine it would lead towards the sea…” I said, pointing back towards generally the way I came, remembering the river that I ended up crossing to get here.

The crab-like Pokémon started to bring his claws forward and started to bring together the dust and debris around it, forming a large rock rather quickly. “…a Rock Blast?” I asked, a little stunned. The crab would fire the attack, having me run for it as the crab tried to fire the shots towards me. I made the mad dash and made my way around a rock wall, with a shot nearly missing me, hitting a corner and breaking away some loose rock. “God…is it just me or are Pokémon in Paldea a lot more on the bastardly side of things? More importantly…that thing a rock type?” I asked. “Blast it, I really wish I had done more with Combusken last night. Oh well…” I took out a Pokeball. “I got someone that could also stand to get on Combusken’s level.” I quickly turned the corner and was about to toss the Pokeball out, but I stopped myself when I turned the corner. That crab wasn’t there. “…the hell did it go?”

I quickly noticed a bunch of tiny pebbles and dust coming down from the rock wall nearby. Quickly I looked up and saw the crab latched on the wall, leaping down and tried to land on me. I quickly dove out of the way, quickly turning around and tossing the ball I still had in my hand. “Mudkip!” I shouted. The ball lands and out came Mudkip, ready for battle.

The crab Pokémon, now realizing that there was no way to ambush the likes of me, found itself in a midst of a battle. Quickly, it once again started to form its ammunition for its Rock Blast attack. “Mudkip! Use Water Pulse!” I shouted. Mudkip fired off its pulse attack towards the crab and managed to cease its attack in spades. It reeled back, not caring for the attack that struck it. “You really are a rock type, aren’t you? Okay then, that…makes things a bit simpler.” Instead of taking a hint that this wasn’t a battle that it was going to want to have any business in, it went back on the attack, as if it committed too much for this as is, for whatever reason, that is.

The crab Pokémon rushed after Mudkip, catching Mudkip off guard. Caught me off guard as well, wondering just how brazien this thing could get. It would scoop up Mudkip and started to squeeze tight in its pinchers. Mudkip started to squeal loudly as Mudkip was getting crushed in its Vise Grip attack. “Mudkip! Get out of there! Try Water Gun!” I shouted. Mudkid managed to squirm a bit more, then started to fire its Water Gun directly into the rock type. The crab would let go, once again reeling back, but ever rigid in its determination, started to form a barrier about itself, having the water attack now splash down on it. As Mudkip tried to keep up the pressure, the crab pushed itself forward into the attack trying to maintain its barrier as long as it could. It then pushed itself out of the stream of the attack, dropping the barrier and started to continue its assault.

“Mudkip! Incoming!” I shouted. The crab-like Pokémon would rush in and drive its claw right into Mudkip this time. Mudkip would hop back out of the way, leaving the Pokémon to miss its attack, at least it only seemed like it. The crab would strike down on the ground, kicking up all manner of rock and debris, sending it flying everywhere. More importantly, making Mudkip reel back some from the attack. “Rock Smash attack! Cheeky b*****d…Mudkip, watch it, here it comes again!” The Pokémon pulled out a large rock from the ground where it pounded its attack and then gave it a hard toss towards Mudkip. Mudkip would manage to get out of the way of the harshly tossed boulder. I ended up having to get away as well from the attack. Apparently, this thing was trying to take out two proverbial targets with one stone. “Mudkip! Water Pulse!” I shouted.

The Mudkip retaliated upon command, firing off its water attack towards the Pokémon once more, pelting the crab Pokémon and blasting it back once again with great force. The crab staggered and stumbled backwards, flipping over on its back. It was struggling to get back on its feet, but after taking the assault that it had, there wasn’t much going on here. “Good job, Mudkip.” I said. “I think he’s done. Now let’s see…” I then took out my SNAG to check on what this Pokémon is. “Klawf…Ambush Pokémon. Yea, I’ll say. Wait, this was the thing I heard about the other day? Though presumably, twenty times bigger or something I guess…” I said. “I suppose I should be a little grateful…if that one was as hardy as this one, then I would have had more of a fight on my hands…”

“Muud-kip.” Mudkip replied.

“Let’s get out of here before we have any other issues like that here.” I said.

“Mudkip!”

I recall Mudkip back to his ball then gave a sigh. I took a look around, staring at the area around me and just sighed out. “So…which way do I go now?” I asked myself. Resigned with a sigh, I kicked off the ground and took flight back to the top of the buttes once more.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:24 pm
As I made my way across the buttes, trying to make sure I had some sort of bearing as to where to go, I once again stopped to survey the area that I was in. I wasn’t sure how much further that I needed to go to get to Artazon, some buttes were taller than others and the craggy area was rather expansive, rife with secrets and…a weird odor in the air. Olive oil? Did I somehow find myself on the path to Cortondo again? I quickly pulled out my SNAG, checking the map and my relative position. No…fortunately I haven’t circled around…and I doubted that the smell of olive fields could reach over this way. Probably one of those Paldean oddities again. With a sigh I would stash my SNAG once again. One other thing I noticed on my SNAG that was giving me a bit of grief is that perhaps thanks to the overall lay of the land, I didn’t make as much progress across this place as I wanted to. Temptation just to fly over this was ever prominent, but that was still too much of a distance to travel with my own two wings. Flight was never any manner of forte for me and never cared too, preferring to keep my feet on the ground. I suppose I needed to keep a closer eye on my SNAG as long as I am in this part of the area if I still wanted to remain stubborn about the whole thing.

As I was about to get back to moving again, something caught the corner of my eye, something that stuck out in this whole craggy expanse. I made a couple of leaps across a few crags and landed close by, staring at an object in confusion. I was sensing something coming off of it, though…I wasn’t sure what it was. Wasn’t giving off that olive smell, at the very least. It’s not some sort of weird Pokémon either that I can tell. But it was…ominous. Ancient. One thing I started to notice about this region, on these off beaten paths, ruins are dotted here and there of what was perhaps a lost forgotten kingdom. In the hilltop areas that I crossed heading towards Cabo Poco seemed to be littered with places that had signs of civilization at one time, but this…this was weird. One lone stake, with a little glowing orb dangling off to the side of it in the middle of nowhere and there weren’t any more ruins that I can see close by. Nothing like buildings or anything of that sort, or anything that seem to have been some sort of man-made landmark. I wasn’t even sure what this thing was made of. It didn’t look stone, but it didn’t look like any sort of metal either. Did it have anything to do with that Terastal stuff that I’ve been dealing with that Paldea likes to tamper with? I wonder if anyone else has seen this thing while I am at it. I mean, I have the hardest time believing that this thing could be left alone all this time. I kind of wish Freth was here right about now. She was the history buff. She could have probably started to get to the bottom of this. All I would do in the meantime was take a couple of pictures of it on my SNAG, making sure that I got every detail that I could and just left it alone. Hell, if I wanted to screw with anything like that; especially if its glowing on its own with no discernable source of power. Kind of one of those ‘arc of the covenant’ situations that you really don’t want to screw with.

I slowly backed away from it, only ever so occasionally before I managed to jump down off the ledge, trying to not let curiosity get the better of me. I jumped off the ledge and descended down to the paths below once again trying to get back on track. Once down below I started to make my way off, trying to find my way around the crags. At the rate I was going, I probably wasn’t going to be able to make it to Artazon until sometime this evening, much to my chagrin.

As I made my way through the crags, once again something graced my senses. Something a bit more familiar. Quickly I turned around, ready to snatch out one of the Pokeballs. Another Terastal Pokémon. I already had a close call with a Scyther just yesterday. Did I really want to take any chance on something potentially worse than a Scyther? What does Paldea have by chance? Should I even risk just standing here? What if I get chased? Would I be able to actually fight this thing? Let alone my Pokémon for that matter. Ugh, this sucks! These craggy areas could be home to anything! Aggron? Steelix? Hell, even a Donphan or another one of those Klawf would probably make me sweat if it terastalizes into something really off kilter. I stared intently, taking note to the glow in a shadowy area just out of sight. As the Pokémon turned the corner, putting itself into view, my severe trepidation turned into utter disbelief. “…are…you freakin’ kidding me?”

“Jiggly-puff!” the Pokémon spoke up.

I was about to soil myself over a Jigglypuff. I have officially fallen to a new low. It started to give a wide grin and the second it was breathing in, quickly I snapped my hand up and fired an ice beam, a warning shot to make it think twice about what it was about to do. Little bugger was about to put my lights out with its song. “No! Shame on you. None. Of. That.” I said. “I am not up for an impromptu nap. Let alone here in this place!”

“JIGGLY!” It shouted back, puffing up out of anger, insulted even. And much to my chargrin, gave it the excuse to unleash the terastal power it was carrying around. Just as others before, crystals started to form about it and then finally from its shell, erupts a cool blue crystal about it, with a crown that made look the top of its head was a water fountain. Well…at least this is a little easier to figure out than the Scyther from yesterday. A water type. Great. Regardless, it was ready to fight, like it or not.

“Son of a…” Quickly I snatched out one of my Pokeballs and gave it a toss. “Go! Zigzagoon!” I called out. I quickly tossed out a Pokeball and once it hit the ground, it erupts in a burst of light, revealing the Zigzagoon out for battle.

“Bah!” The Zigzagoon barked out, now squaring off with the Jigglypuff.

“So, if that terastal stuff is consistent…then that means…Zigzagoon! Knock Off!” I shouted. The Zigzagoon rushed for the Balloon Pokémon and gave it a fierce smack, sending it tumbling around on the ground. It was just as I thought, however. This Terastal stuff just outright overwrites a Pokémon natural typing. Otherwise, that Knock Off wouldn’t have done the damage it had. It still didn’t get too well that it threw the general math of battles.

As soon as the Jigglypuff managed to flutter back up on its feet, its crystalized body flashed, which immediately got my attention. A ring of water started to form about the Jigglypuff then fired off in a massive pulse. Zigzagoon got blasted back from the attack, sending it reeling back. “A Water Pulse? Please tell me for the love of God that you knew that naturally and not because of that crystal-crusted bullcrap on you.” I said. “Zigzagoon, are you okay?” Zigzagoon furiously shook, its fur going all over the place, water getting flung off it. But as soon as he was done, he was ready to go. “Let’s be careful of that…Zigzagoon, use Headbutt!” Zigzagoon rushed over toward the Jigglypuff, diving headfirst into the terastalized Pokémon. The Jigglypuff quickly leaped up and fluttered a bit, avoiding Zigzagoon’s attack. It landed, giving a gasp and a sigh, as if it deflated a bit, showing that it was still capable of its natural capabilities. Zigzagoon however, a lot nimbler than the light Jigglypuff, managed to pivot and ram the Jigglypuff from behind.

“Stay on it! Knock Off!” I shouted. Zigzagoon once again started to go in for another attack, but as soon as the Jigglypuff managed to get back up, it gave a loud shrill which halted Zigzagoon in his tracks. Its very noise practically wreaked havoc nearly every inch of ZIgzagoon, making it yell out. “A Disarming Voice!? Bah, should have figured!” Jigglypuff silenced itself, seeing Zigzagoon cringing severely from the attack then started to move in, once again having its crystal body flash and started to form yet another water attack. “Zigzagoon, it’s another Water Pulse! Incoming!” I shouted. Zigzagoon looked up, only just in time to see the Water Pulse crash down. Zigzagoon got blasted back once again by the Jigglypuff, leaving him all the more soaking wet.

“Zigzagoon! Use Assurance!” I shouted. Zigzagoon once again got himself back up and then went back on the attack, retaliating fiercely towards the Jigglypuff. As Zigzagoon leaped and started to come down to slam down upon the Jigglypuff, the Jigglypuff fluttered back to avert the attack. The Jigglypuff would touch back down and rush in, once again its body flashing and getting ready for another Water Pulse attack. “Zigzagoon, look out!” I shouted. Zigzagoon pivoted and darted off as Jigglypuff fired off its empowered Water Pulse attack. “Now, Zigzagoon! Knock Off!” I shouted. Zigzagoon darted for the Balloon Pokémon once more and smashed right into it. The crown and its crystal shell flew off upon impact.

The Jigglypuff managed to push itself back upright, now not feeling the greatest. The Jigglypuff, finding itself in dire straits, went for the one hail mary it could call upon. It took a deep breath and started to try singing once more. “CRAP! Stop that! Headbutt it!” I shouted, wanted no part of taking a nap. Zigzagoon darted off towards the Jigglypuff, as it was starting to get its first few notes out in its song. Zigzagoon rammed into the Jigglypuff, head first, hitting his mark fiercely, stopping the music where it stood. “Oh, thank God…nice work, Zigzagoon.”

“Bah.” Zigzagoon said, taking a smell of the Jigglypuff before trotting off back to me. I would kneel down and started to pet him for a job well done…though, he was still drenched from the earlier water pulses.

“God, these terastal Pokémon are a pain in the butt to deal with…but we’re holding on in there. At least it wasn’t anything like that Scyther from yesterday. That one was pretty bad…at any rate…take a rest for now, Zigzagoon. Still got a bit of distance to travel.” I said. With a nod, the Zigzagoon would be recalled back to his Pokeball. I looked back at the knocked out Jigglypuff then rolled my eyes. I am left to question how did this terastal stuff become so ingrained in this region but I had the feeling I wasn’t going to get an answer to that anytime soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:25 pm
As I continued going along, once again I found myself lost in thought and unfortunately, I started to come to a realization that didn’t bode well for anyone, let alone me. I have to admit, I wasn’t finding too much enjoyment traveling Paldea like I am right at the moment. I’m trying to force some sort of feeling of leisure in this trip, which wasn’t really coming along. For the most part, I’m still feeling burned by the whole reason why I am out here to begin with. That wasn’t even getting into my whole existential crisis that I am finding myself with, trying to weigh my options of hanging around with Snagem or calling it quits and heading back to the gym. These long walks from one destination to another, with the occasional fight here and there with wild Pokémon or trainers, were all mired with just all manner of long spouts of self-reflection that I am having a hard time getting through. Was this anxiety? Whatever it was, in a way I didn’t feel like I was doing this gym run for me; for any benefit of me. My Pokémon are enjoying themselves alright it seemed, at least, probably now they felt like they were a part of something, but I’m not entirely certain. I’m if nothing else trying to force myself through it just to keep Snagem generally out of trouble with the suits back at home, and if nothing else give Tristen time to settle in and figure out if an education like that is what he truly wanted to do, and it was starting to look like at the rate I was going he was going to have plenty of time to do so.

There was a small clearing in this whole expanse of winding roads and mesas and in the center of it, a tower. An old one. Almost as if it was part of a castle at one time. Though time hadn’t done this thing in at all that I could tell. At least, not yet. More ruins in Paldea. I am left to question if there was a kingdom here at one time and just how far did this kingdom expand? If under the assumption Mezagoza was basically the center of the region, constantly refurbished and retrofitted to the modern age, then maybe its safe to assume that the ‘kingdom’ of Mezagoza was eventually consolidated to that castle town within the walls. I can only speculate right now…but the fact that I am finding ruins like these all over the place does leave me to wonder. “Wait…what’s this?” I’d silently ask myself taking something odd to this old structure. A ladder. Steel. And doesn’t look anywhere near as old as the tower itself does. Another thing retrofitted. Now I was curious…

I took a few steps back away from the tower and made the hard leap up towards the top of the tower, taking a few flaps of my wings to continue to ascend, then landed on the top of the tower, taking the express way. There wasn’t anything up here, though. Maybe it gave people a view to look at again, just like the pavilion in Cortondo. As I looked around, it was a bit of a scenic view…probably would be better looked at during sunrise or sunset, as opposed to the middle of the day, because right now, it was just an arid dust bowl to me. I did note another one of those crystal formations a distance away like I saw before that shined out and stood out more than anything else in the area, and once again found myself not wanting to muck around with those at all, especially if the Pokémon that I have found already walking around and glowing were any indicator. I’d imagine it be akin to walking on their own home turf. It probably wasn’t going to end well for anyone. I’d also note that Artazon, or anything like it was still nowhere within sight. I’d take out my SNAG to take another look over and while I did make some distance in this part of the region, I’d still have a way to go to Artazon, much to my chagrin.

I stashed the SNAG and was about to jump back down off the tower, until I noticed something odd. A hint of déjà vu. A tiny chest of some kind. Just like the one I saw back at the ruins before that Scyther attacked me. I didn’t think anything of it before; thinking that it got lost in the scuffle, but I found it odd that I saw another one just like it now. Here on top of this tower. I started to suddenly think that these chests weren’t being lost, but deliberately placed…but then that would raise the question of why. What were they anyways? I started to walk towards it and reached down towards it. I would pick it up, noting that this thing had a pretty hefty weight to it, despite its smaller size. What were in these things? I tried to force it open. As I done so, my senses started to go on high alert for some reason. I started to look around, trying to figure out what was going on.

“…need…more…” A voice would call to me.

“What…the…”

“…coin…need…more coin…” The voice would say.

I wasn’t sure what was going on. But it was all I started to hear as I stood in this tower in this large expanse. It was starting to drill into the depths of my consciousness. I dropped the chest, starting to grasp at my head. My head was starting to feel like it was spinning. The voice demanding its coin. All I could start to see was the coin. The coin the voice wanted. Many of them. Practically raining from the sky. “…don’t resist. Need…coin…” the voice said. I started to realize what was going on. Quickly I charged my Ice Beam and fired it towards the chest, blasting the chest and knocking it off the tower.

A massive thud followed immediately by a great amount of coins rang out as the chest made impact with the ground below. The voices stopped. I nearly had to brace myself on something, breathing heavily and had a massive chill go down my spine. “The…the hell was that!?” I said. I made my way towards the edge of the tower and looked down, seeing the chest popped open but there was something moving down there…I didn’t know exactly what though. I jumped the ledge and made my way down, landing and staring in confusion. A tiny Pokémon, silvery in color with beady yellow eyes and a couple of antennae on the top of his head was trying to scramble about the chest, grabbing all the coins and trying to shove them back in the chest. “…you were doing that just now? Did you just try to possess me!?” The tiny Pokémon’s antennae shot straight up, it, making a timid squeak, as if it had been totally exposed. Which truthfully, not far from the truth. “Buddy…” I said with another Ice Beam charging in the palm of my hand. “…I’ve already been through that crap once in my life. Never again. The beady yellow eyes went totally wide, aborting its personal mission to gather up its scattered coins then dove back into the chest, closing the lid behind him. “Oh, is that how it is!? Caught red handed and now you’re being a little coward! Ugh!”

Part of me couldn’t stay mad at the little guy. It was a Pokémon after all. It was perhaps his natural tendency to get others to get coins for him? Though speaking of coins…I took a look down, noting something about the coins still left that the Pokémon didn’t pick up in its haste. I knelt down and picked up one of the coins, realizing something. These coins, while shiny and well maintained…wasn’t actual currency. Or at least modern currency that I could tell. They’re trying to collect all of these things? To what end? Why?

The tiny Pokémon opened its chest lid ever so slightly, peeking out towards me as I try to figure out its purpose in life. It apparently didn’t care for its coins to be taken however. It squealed and shrilled out and before I knew it, I started to see a Shadow Ball started to form from the chest. “Oh sh-“ I quickly rushed out of the way as the ball was fired off, missing me. The lid then gets flung completely open, the Pokémon readying another Shadow Ball to be fired. “Crap…” The ball was fired once more and this time, the attack managed to graze me right in the side. “Alright, a fight it is then. Cubchoo!” I shouted, tossing the PokéBall out. In a flash of light, out came the icy bear, ready for battle.

“Cub-cha!” It spoke up, followed by a sneeze.

“Cubchoo! Use Ice Punch!” I called out. Cubchoo rushed in, his paws frosting up. With a panicked squeal, the Pokémon retreated back into the chest and the lid snapped closed. Cubchoo stopped at the chest, staring in confusion. “Cubchoo its fine, try banging on it a bit!” I said. Cubchoo turned back around and started to strike away at the chest with his Ice Punch but it didn’t seem to be doing as much damage as any of us care for. “…the hell is with that chest…”

“Cub…cha?”

“Blast it, a Shellder or Cloyster you are not.” I said. Cubchoo couldn’t help but to stare back at me in confusion, his guard completely down as the Pokémon remained turtled up in the chest. It was that moment, however, the Pokémon started to peek through the chest and in that moment, pelts Cubchoo with a Shadow Ball, blasting it back. “Cubchoo! Cheap shotting-…Cubchoo, are you alright?”

“Cubcha!” he said, pushing himself back up, irritated. He started to run in frustration back at the chest, his paws frosting up once more. Once more, the Pokémon hunkers down in the chest, its lid closed up tight. Cubchoo starts punching away at the chest, only to do barely any damage to it still.

“Cubchoo!” He quickly looked back at me, and I was trying to give him a motion to my hands, trying not to give any verbal command to him. It took the bear a moment but then realized what I was wanting. He then walked around behind the chest and stood there. And there we waited. The Pokémon waited for a couple of minutes, in complete silence, until the chest started to crack open once more. Cubchoo quickly reached over and pulled the chest all the way open, now catching the unknown Pokémon off guard. “Cubchoo! Frost Breath!” Cubchoo breathed out its chilling ice attack. The chest Pokémon quickly scrambled as the icy breath started to wreak havoc on it. The Pokémon pulled itself out of its chest and abandoned it.

As Cubchoo made his way around the chest to once again square off with the Pokémon, I started to see who my adversary truly was…this thing…was…tiny. Like perhaps smaller than a Joltik tiny. “Cubchoo! Ice Punch!” I shouted. As Cubchoo went in on the attack, the Pokémon once again went and scrambled back, hastily firing another Shadow Ball. Cubchoo got blasted back from the Shadow Ball once more.

“Cubchoo, are you alright!?”

“Chaaa.” He growled out. He was fine for now, but this thing is still being as much as a pain as it was in the blasted chest.
“Try another Ice Punch!” I said. Cubchoo once again ran after the tiny Pokémon and once again the apparent Ghost type tries to fire yet another Shadow Ball at Cubchoo. “Cubchoo! Incoming!”

Cubchoo not wanting to take a third by any means manages to scramble off then managed to pick back up the pace in pursuit of the Pokémon. Cubchoo’s paw frosts up and Cubchoo takes a swing, almost in a uppercut like motion to scoop the tiny Pokémon off the ground in his fierce attack. The tiny Pokémon squeals out fiercely, a crushing blow to it. It hits the ground and it didn’t seem like it was able to get up after that. “Ugh…all of that…” I said.

I realized at that point I was still holding one of the coins from before the scramble. Once more I took a look at it then gave it a flip in my hand. “All of that over this? Just to get more of these? God, what are you?” The tiny Pokémon managed to pick itself off the ground, taking notice to the coin I still had. In a panic, the Pokémon staggered its way over towards me, practically crying out at this point. “what the?” Cubchoo and I could only stare in confusion as it started to try to tug at my pants leg. It was practically begging. It was…wanting the coin back? God, this is pitiful now. I would kneel down, getting a closer look at it, holding it up in front of it. It tries without hesistation to reach up for it. I would pull away, putting my finger down on his head. “Hey. Hold on. No more trying to possess people. This isn’t worth toying with people’s lives. Understand?” There was a silence between the two of us. “Understand?” I would say in a more firm tone.” It would squeak back in compliance and I would hand the coin back over. The Pokémon took the coin, practically hugging it for a moment then carried it back to the chest, putting it in. Then it started to pick up the rest. It was…going to be a slow endeavor.

I would sigh and make my way off, picking up whole handfuls of the coins and dumping them in the chest, helping the Pokémon out. It would take a couple of minutes, and I had Cubchoo to check around to see if there were any coins that made it out further away from the chest, perhaps from the battle between him and this thing. I would toss the last coin in. “That is hopefully all of them. Might want to double check to make sure if you’re still going to hang around here.” I said to the Pokémon. It squeaked once more then dove in the chest, shutting the lid closed behind it.

“…geez, the Pokémon in this region…” I said to Cubchoo. “Thanks, at any rate Cubchoo. Come back for now.” After recalling Cubchoo back to his ball, I would continue on my way to Artazon.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:07 am
Psychic Phonecall, by not-Nokia

"I mean, a lot of stuff like that's from years of folklore, so... anyways, I feel like that's something we'd be better off running from really fast. Or, knowing our track record, preparing to punch it in whatever its nose is before I dip like 5 minutes before it to advise against it. Maybe 10 minutes, in case we try an alternate nose-punching plan first."

Pausing to wonder why that was what came to mind, Aden shook his head and kept an eye out for Reno to make sure he wasn't about to speed that motorcycle off a ledge. "Anyways, given everything, it... would make sense if the Recon Squad had something to say about it. Though, for how strong that Buzzwole is, they seem more curious than willing to fight. Maybe it's from Sol accidentally courting them and knowing they're safe around him and us, but they've been pretty calm. If anything, I'd be more worried about the squad putting them in a situation where they DID choose to fight. Much as I don't want to jinx us, I get the feeling the squad will get involved regardless of who they actually send for it. Even if, from the sounds of it, both of you wouldn't be opposed to being done with them."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:39 pm
Reno's slow drift would reset at the double callout to monitor his route, snapping himself out of the potential flipping over the handlebars collision he could now see ahead. "Sooo.....did that change in this Necrozma thing happen naturally or did something happen to it...?" Reno questioned, quietly clicking his tongue as he began to debate over what the hell exactly might be going on with this mysterious entity and if, for some bizarre hypothetical, he might have had something to do with it. That or the Ultra Recon Squad did and they would have even stronger reasons to not agree with them on things.

"And honestly....with how many holes in reality we've ripped open here, the things we've thrown through, and the things we've taken out of them, there should have been a response by now." Raising his right hand and beginning to count, he would quicky have to hold both hands up as he did his count. "There has been around nine different events related to Ultra Space where something notable came into or out of our reality. And you'd think that with the myriad of Ultra Beasts and other things that have been through that, there would have been a response besides yourself. Especially with how many of those occurred after your entire encounter with Freth. Almost makes me curious to what criteria CLICK BRRRRRRRRRR"

Crystal and Aden would hear the sound of impact and scratching metal as Reno was cut off, his bike toppling over due to the lack of additional acceleration or steadying hands on the handlebars of the bike. And the driver of the vehicle had kept going along the same path, which ended with Reno crashing into one of the mesas in the area. Apparently the confusion between the mental conversation and the driving had finally gotten to him.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:33 pm
Crystal would take a deep breath and let out a long sigh. This discussion was indeed getting to her, bringing up thoughts she had put to the side, especially with everything else going on. There wasn’t any small chance that her presence could somehow attract the Ultra Recon squad, or anyone from Ultra Megalopolis, and that’s not adding on their recent excursions. And if they deemed her as guilty of spreading information of Ultra Space and other realities and timelines…. Hoo boy, that wasn't a thought she enjoyed. At this point, it was growing on her that they probably should have been here now, or if not now, soon. Light, should she have even stayed after showing back up? This was her home, but was it worth it to put her friends in potential danger to be able to stay here? They probably wouldn’t object, but if anything else happened because of her… yeah, she doubted she would feel great about it.

Her thoughts would keep Crystal from really commenting, or even paying attention to the conversation going on, until she heard the physical sounds of scraping metal drawing her out. “Apologies, we’re going to have to bow out of this conversation. Feel free to keep it going Aden, but I’m going to bow out for now.” With that, she’d put her mental barrier up as she stopped near Reno and hopped off of her lightboard to sheck on her friend. “Reno, you going to be okay? Any broken bones?”  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:06 pm
The Psychic Medium Hotline

"Operator, I believe the call has been disconnected." Eris would speak up.

"For someone trying to be that word of reason to Sub, he apparently can't bring himself to listen to warnings of others. Hypocrite." Freth said.

"We're going to need to cut out too. Freth, you see that?"

"...yea, I do. Yea, Aden, we're going to need to go. Got wild Pokemon being upstarts, and we're not talking about the apparent titan Pokemon out here. Check back later if you got anything more that you need to talk about." Freth said. And with that, radio silence.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:07 pm
I continued on through the mesas until I made my way to a clearing. The paths before me, while hilly for the most part, started to level out a little bit. It wasn’t a bunch of crags that I had to go through anymore, but it was severely hilly this way. I was hoping by chance that I was getting close to Artazon considering the landscape shift, maybe we’re getting closer to civilization, but as I took out my SNAG, I stared at it with a slight bit of despair. I was only roughly half way to Artazon, much to my chagrin. It really was going to look like I wasn’t going to make it to Artazon until this evening. I’d check the clock on the SNAG and noticed what time it was. A little after noon. Perhaps it was high time to actually have lunch.

I made my way off into a clearing, sitting my pack down, pulling out the picnic table once again, dropping the table cloth on top of it. I then took out my Pokeballs once more and gave them all a toss out. One after another, each ball flashed as it popped open, releasing the Pokémon inside. “Lunch time guys, give me a bit to get it all fixed up, alright?” I started to go through the picnic supplies, starting to lay out the various items needed, finding the ball once again that they all had fun with the last time we were on a picnic. I tossed it out and almost instantly they crowded about it. Though…one issue that came up. Combusken plowed right through them with relative ease to grab at the ball first. “Hey! Combusken! Easy there! You’re twice as big as any one of them now! Make sure you share and if you’re passing it about, don’t go overboard! They’ll be on your level eventually, but until then, dial it back!” I shouted. After making sure that Combusken wasn’t going to bully anyone, intentionally or otherwise, I went on to start making our meal for the afternoon.

Another sandwich was made up for me and the party and once I had everything ready, the team gathered round, took their serving and we all ate in peace. I sat there as I mulled over my sandwich just how to go about the rest of the day. I still needed to get Combusken up to fighting snuff. With the next gym being a Grass type gym, to what I am told, he’d probably be an extreme help just as much as both Vulpix and Cubchoo. Then again…if the last gym was any indicator, they are not going to have any reservations about using Pokémon not of the type then eventually do that Terastal stuff, and I can only imagine what a Grass gym leader would do when given that kind of opportunity. That’s not getting into the fact that there is the possibility of this person having anything like something of the Lotad line, if they were a thing here in Paldea. We had to be ready…

As I finished off my meal, I took a look at everyone else and they all were apparently waiting on me. “Yea, I’m done. Just…thinking is all. I got the feeling we might not want to bother going to the gym today considering that it might be sunset, or later, by the time we get there. The foot routes, even as they are now, are rough to go through, and while I could fly over it all, at least a chunk of it, that’s not going to help us get any battles in or training in. Speaking of, I’m trying to think as to when we can get back at it with some training. I kind of want to be pretty ready for the next gym and want to make sure you guys are ready for it. You especially Combusken.” I said.

“Com-ba?”

“Apparently, it’s a grass type gym and I’m thinking maybe anchor with you. Though my luck, considering how these Paldeans are, they might do that terastal stuff like the last one and throw the proverbial battle math out the window again. God knows I don’t want to deal with anything like that Scyther we ended up dealing with.”

“Cub-chaaa…” Cubchoo spoke up, a bit dejectedly.

“Look, all I am saying is that I would prefer us to be ready if at all possible. Or as ready as it can get.” I said to them. “We had a pretty decent opportunity last night…kind of wish we had more time, though. Seemed like you were about to get Brick Break down for a moment there, Combusken. Though I would have liked it if I spent time with the rest of you, too. How about this, once we get into town and find a place to stay the night and get something to eat, we’ll have a nightly go at it, kind of like what I did with Combusken last night. And hopefully we won’t be restricted in having to bow out of someplace because it got too late. I really want to help get that Brick Break attack down for you, Combusken, and as for the rest of you, well, seeing about getting you guys caught up to Combusken, or close enough to parity. Evolutions optional; you go on your own time, after all. Sound good?” Each of the Pokémon spoke up giving their own approval. “Good by me then.”

“Keeooo…” The Alolan Vulpix spoke up then, a little out of the ordinary for Vulpix, honestly.

“What is it Vulpix?”

“Keooo keoooooo?”

“…You’re worried about me. Is that it?”

“Keo. Keeeoo keo.”

“Huh…since when you started being perceptive like that? Eh, I guess you’re not wrong.” I said. “I wasn’t lying about thinking about the second gym; though I will admit that I am forcing myself to keep myself on that, though failing a little bit, apparently. I’m trying not to have it get in the way of you all; I want you all to succeed, and give you the attention that I haven’t been giving you, some of you more than others. Though all in all, I’m left to question what to do. Maybe as soon as we’re done in Paldea. It’s a whole long, complicated thing, honestly. I guess…huh…” I stopped myself, realizing what I just said. Sure, peace of mind might be that ‘treasure’ that I was looking for, but is it? Questions…I’m questioning a lot. And I’m not getting answers walking here, at least not right now. Or am I? Its been a little while now since the last major incident. But yet, the hunter makes it seem like there will be inevitably others. Maybe as bad as Ein. Maybe not. I’m asking questions that perhaps there are no answers for. Or no easy answer to. Maybe I really do need to see this through, not just for my Pokémon’s sake, after all.

“Muuud?” Mudkip then spoke up.

“Hm? Oh, sorry…just…a little realization. Alright…lets get everything cleaned up guys. Burning daylight.” I said, getting up from my seat at the table. The team got up and after getting everything straightened up, I would recall the team back to their respective balls then continued my way off to Artazon.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:36 am
Spoonbenders Inc., ft. first clients

"Click brrrr? Reno, what was that about- crap, RENO!" In the moment, Aden's attempts at keeping the mental link open would cease like an old phone being slammed onto the hook, hearing the sounds of Reno's bike crashing and turning just as he hit a mesa. He'd reopen it briefly, thinking to relay things to Freth and Eris, hearing the exchange between them soon after.

"Yeah, will do. Though, hoping the bike took more damage than Reno did... also hoping we're not about to have to haul that thing again. We'll keep in touch," He added before finally closing the line and rushing over as fast as the hoverboard allowed. Jumping off it, his first thought was to check on Reno before assessing the bike. "Reno, you alright!? Ugh, we were saying to be careful on that thing! And don't you hang up on us now!"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:26 pm
Reno would pick himself up off he ground, looking towards his left shoulder before yelping. "My arm's gone! I crashed so hard I lost a limb! Oh wait..." Quietly picking the prosthetic off the ground and reseating it into the fitting on his shoulder, Reno would finally look towards his friends. "I'm fine. And yeah, I know you said be careful but....just got caught up trying to run down in my head how we're still so Recon-free this far out." Looking over to where his bike was currently laying on its side, Reno would simply stand the thing back up before getting it started with barely a stutter after the crash. "Alright, lets try this get to Levincia plan again. Sound good?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:40 pm
With a content stomach and at least something vaguely of a plan for the rest of the day, I continued on the path to Artazon. As I continued on, I continue to survey the area and started to realize that this place is a bit of a mess…and it still smelled faintly of olive oil. I am still left to wonder if this was what was left over after the people who went with that teacher in search of a bunch of plants and the aftermath of it. Whatever the case, one thing I also started to notice that unlike where I came in, the area was generally deserted…not so much as Wild Pokémon out in this part of the mesa like terrain. Or maybe something else was here. I didn’t sense anything…not anything out of the ordinary at least. I’m kind of homing it might stay that way. Sooner I could get to Artazon, the better. I had to admit though, as I traveled about, I would soon notice more ruins of some kind. Just out in the open. Time giving yet another example of nothing that could resist it. I am now wondering with these ruins about what people of the modern populace do with these. Usually with places like these, one would have these fenced off and heavily guarded. If they were to be a park or a preserve, they would be treated as so. If there was to be an archeological research dig or anything of that sort, they would be sooner fenced off, where foot traffic of any kind, rather it be trainer or wild Pokémon have their way with the place. But there seems to be no such care of any kind. They are just left here…out in the open. The only exception seemed to be those towers like that I found that chest Pokémon earlier today, where ladders were mounted onto those old stone walls, but that seemed to be…I don’t know…negligent? As if they really don’t care of their history? I don’t know…

It would take a while, but as soon as night started to set in, I found my way on the outskirts of Artazon. I kept on high alert, trying to make sure that I didn’t get any unwelcome surprises on the way, rather it be random terastal Pokémon or some other weird off the wall situation that I probably didn’t want to find myself in. To say that I was more than ready to get out of those craggy areas was a mild understatement; though honestly? It could have been worse. I was left to question if I was going to see any of the Snagems that came out this way at the moment, namely the ones that supposedly was on that Path of Legends. I sort of doubted it, however. It has been a couple of days since then. Who knows where in the region they could be right now. And still, they’re probably going to have much more liberal use of those Squakabilly Taxis. Ah well…would have been nice to catch up with Freth again at least…

As I started to walk the city for at the very least a place to stay for the night, I started to notice the town in general. This had a different feel about it compared to the other places. Like it had more of a contemporary village feel than anything else. It didn’t have any farm town vibes like Cortondo…or kingdom astetics like Mezagoza…I suppose to each their own. If I had to guess, each town has their own traditions and tastes that persevered as time went on. Then again, maybe not. The tiny sporatic ruins that I ended up coming across so far doesn’t seem to allude to such things. Honestly? In the grand scheme of things, each of these towns came off…foreign to itself. Like the designs of these buildings, save for maybe the Pokémon gyms, if one could call them that at this point, hails from elsewhere instead of Paldea. That the only thing Paldean is…well…Mezagoza, if the remains of the ruins that I ended up coming across were any indicator. Perhaps I need to keep exploring this region.

I would eventually find an inn in town and finally check myself in for a room. With a place set, I now needed to find a place where we could get some training in. As I started to roam the town, I started to take note of the various landmarks; one standout one was large, old-fashioned windmill that overlooked the entire town. An odd structure was close by it…as it if was a platform of some kind. Curious, I went up the stairs and took a look around, since apparently there was nothing barring access here. As soon as I reached the top, I saw what it was about. A battlefield. Similar to the pavilion Cortondo has. I’d walk off around the battlefield and go to the guard rail to take a look, taking in the view of the city. I had to admit that it was a serene sight, not too unlike back at home in Mahogany Town. With how each home, building, and street light that softly illuminated this small town in Paldea. With how peaceful things are, you wouldn’t think that this world met with a massive threat in that of Shadow Pokémon, or more recently Ultra Beasts…I suppose that’s actually a good thing. Who knows if any of that mess came out that way. All the same, I don’t suppose I should do any training here…

I left the battlefield, went down the stairs and started my way more across town, taking note to something. I could only guess this town got a thing for Sunflora. Statues are littered all over the place, all Sunflora giving the same pose…its leaf-like arms open wide, ready to embrace something, but yet their faces, all not too thrilled of the state they are in, whatever it is. There feet, planted in presumably a flower pot, instead of left free to roam as they do. Was this subjugation? Bah, try as I might my hand at art, I will probably never understand deeper meanings to art…if that is actually such a thing.

As I scoured the streets for anything of use, I came across a small fenced in area, lit by street lights. A Pokémon battlefield, the field made of asphalt and lines painted. Probably to give people a place to have a Pokémon battle at instead of just out in the street somewhere. Usually towns have places like these, nearby parks or playgrounds, accessible to anyone. Though I have to admit, there was a lot of wear on this constructed battlefield…upkeep didn’t seem to be that much of a priority. Many cracks that at one time looked like they were sealed up, but then let that wear out too. One spot looked as if it was about to succumb to a sink hole. General wear of Pokémon battles of any type. It wasn’t the worst I’ve seen, but it could stand some maintenance. Heaven forbids anyone gets a Pokémon and decide to use an Earthquake or even a Bulldoze attack. Heck, just have a Diglett exist here, if they are a thing here. Well, despite as rough as it looks, It’d serve a training night just fine. I took out a Pokeball and gave it a toss out onto the asphalt field. Combusken emerged from the ball, then looked back up towards me. “Hey Combusken, ready to get back at it?”

“Com-ba!” Combusken stated.

“Alright, now remember from yesterday, focus your power, thrust your claws in, and then fold, maximum impact. Got it? You need to do that in rapid succession. Now take a swing at me.” I said to him.

Combusken would attempt to do as instructed and went to take a swing, but it was the same way just as it was last night. He was starting to get his fighting-type potential out there, but the attack still wasn’t all that strong just yet. He’s hesitating on the wind-up, for one, instead of sending the attack out in one fluid motion. More that I had him swing, the more that it was made apparent. After a while, I got him to stop. “Here, Combusken. Take a break.” I said. Combusken started to look dejected a little as he started to sit down on the asphalt battlefield and I took a seat next to him. “I know you’re trying. It’s a lot, I know. It’s not going to get any easier from here, but you can do it. I’ll be with you every step of the way, alright? Remember how tough it was to learn Fire Pledge? Hm? Couldn’t get all that much force behind the attack, didn’t blanket out like it needed to.”

“Com-ba-sken.” Combusken spoke up, looking down towards the asphalt.

“But we kept at it, and you know what happened? You finally learned it. Granted it was a big attack for little you to deal with, but you know what it also did? It helped you get even better with your other attacks. You put what you learned with Fire Pledge into your Ember attack, for example. It became one nasty Ember attack. Because you ended up pushing yourself, strengthened yourself in trying to learn that attack. Fire Pledge became the basis to build on your repertoire. And now that you have those skills, they can be put towards something else, like say a Flamethrower attack down the road. Similar situation here. Brick Break doesn’t seem like much, but it will get you started towards other things. I do this with everyone, your current team mates, and even the others. Zangoose and Weavile went through this whole thing as well. As did Lucario and Psy. You can do it too, okay? Now remember, one fluid motion. I know you’re thinking maybe it’s not going to do any good to you if you don’t have your Brick Break attack swung out if you don’t have that power behind the attack, but that’s what we’re working on. Efficiency and speed. We’ll keep at it as long as you need to, okay?

“Com-ba.”

“Alright, you good? Let’s get back to it.” I said, getting up off the ground and dusting myself off. “Alright, like I said, one fluid motion. Now, Brick Break attack. Take those swings at me.” I said. Once again, Combusken started to try to go through the motions. “Perhaps when you start getting this down well enough, I’ll see about trying to make a few Reflects so you can actually try to break the barriers. And perhaps it will get the practice I need for making Reflects while I am at it...” I then said, musing over the fact.

Combusken continued to have at it for a while, another couple of breaks in between hand and the more that he did, the more that he started to get it. His focus was starting to get sharper, he started shift his fighting-type prowess into every swing, the perfection of the fluid motion from start of the attack to finish. It wasn’t until the last few attacks, where it actually was starting to deliver damage. “Alright, you just about got it…lets try to take it up a little bit of a notch.”

I would back away from Combusken then putting my arms out, I gave a bit of focus and formed a Reflect barrier right in front of me. “I’m probably not going to do a whole hell of a lot of justice but let’s try to make this an exercise for the both of us. Like I said, Brick Break can take down barriers with relative ease, an outright piercing blow. Now, use Brick Break.” I said. Combusken would nod and then started to focus, making the run for the barrier I made in front of me. The young fire fighting type took a swing at the barrier with his budding Brick Break attack, and made impact with the barrier. But instead of a shatter, it was merely a crack. “I have the feeling if you were closer, it would have shattered anyways in spite of the lack of Brick Break power…” I said to Combusken.

“Com-ba-sken…”

“Hey, don’t worry about it. Still gives a decent enough gauge as to where you are at. Kind of also a thought that I really need to get off my rear and start trying to figure out how to better my Reflect, honestly.” I said. “I’ve always danced around working on that, but eh…guess no better time than the present, right?”

“Com-ba.”

“Alright…” I stopped with the barrier, recollected myself, then brought up a new one. “Try it again.”

From there we would try it again at least a good several more times. Combusken would start trying to wail away as quick and as hard he could. After every fail, I end up having to reset. But it was fine. It was pretty rewarding spending time with my Pokémon like this. “Alright, you’re getting it Combusken, all one clean movement. Now Brick Break attack this barrier.” I said, readying myself once more.

“Com-ba-sken!” he shouted as he rushed in. And I started to see it. The wind up, the follow through, and the barrier shattered in one shout. I reeled back from the impact on my Reflect barrier.

“Augh…gah…” I ended up having to shake my arms a bit, then looked back towards Combusken. “Just like that. And once we make sure you can do that consistently, we’ll see about moving targets next…how about it?”

“Com-bus-ken!”  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:39 am
Crystal’s face would go from relief that Reno was mostly okay to a mild annoyance at Reno’s joke. She wouldn’t say anything, though, with a slight brightening of her eyes as there would be a light mental headsmack to the back of Reno’s head. With a sigh, she’d hop back onto her lightboard, shaking her head. Yeah, there was that growing dread of waiting for the other shoe to drop with… anything relating to the Ultra Recon Squad, honestly, but there was the capability to squash it down. Kind of needed to do that, too, considering worrying about it right now would only be a distraction to the gym battles they were supposed to be doing here. “At least you’re okay, Reno. Yeah, let’s bring the focus back to Levincia again. Maybe with less distractions, too.” Hopefully during this whole thing, the other theoretical shoe didn’t drop.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff