Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Path of Legends [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:17 am
Freth looked back in confusion away from the SNAG, seeing Raifort go absolutely estatic over the discovery of the violet book. It was a little off-putting. She was no stranger to the wonders of history and discovery and the rewards they could bring, but even she had the know-how as to how to keep it under general wraps lest everyone looked at you as if you’re insane. Leaving the lab, Freth was feeling a little relieved, glad to be out of the dusty, abandoned lab and back out in fresh air. As everyone conversed to get together to have a picnic and get everything set up, Freth stood back for the time being, pretty much taking in the lay of the land, and make sure that there wasn’t any unwelcome company for the moment. Though, it was a half-hearted attempt at best. Freth was a little distracted.

“You want to see what’s in that book.” The hunter spoke up.

“Doesn’t take a psychic to figure that one out.” Freth told her mental passenger. “I’m wanting to know what was worth taking a dive into a crater. And I still can’t get over just how no one bothers going in there, even if it was to just simply find the Professors. I’m feeling a cover up, and I can’t place as to exactly how. I don’t know who would have it out for these people, or why. Surely no one would have just let two esteemed professors just go in on their own knowing the hazards, instead going ‘Your funeral’ and let them go. Honestly, I can’t bring myself to believe in all this time this region has been established, no one has bothered trying to figure what the hell is going on in that crater. And that isn’t getting into the fact what little the professors did leave behind left things rather weird.”

“Truthfully, I can’t still fully get over that equation on that dry-erase board. I’m telling you they were working on Ultra Space in some capacity, but I couldn’t tell you where that would have taken someone.”

“I can’t bring myself to believe someone stumbled onto Ultra Space like they did.”

“I can. I’ve known of a reality that did just that.” Eris told her.

“Really? How so?” Freth said, her skepticism abound in the mental airways.

“Well, I personally didn’t deal with it, but in the Recon Squad, we do have a few scientists from that world working for us. To what I am told, a meteor was coming in to end all life on their world. Apparently, one of those scientists discovered the means to opening up Ultra Space and thought to use a tunnel to send the meteor elsewhere. They were stopped by some second party though because someone else realized that by doing that, they severely risked making it someone else’s problem in another world. Probably to a world that perhaps wouldn’t have had the answers like they did.”

“Did this world survive?”

“Oh, yes. Apparently, they managed to get their hands on a Rayquaza to Mega Evolve and blast the thing.”

“…convenient.” Freth deadpan said, suddenly unbelieving of the story.

“Little does basically anyone in that world realize though, because they discovered the means of entering into Ultra Space on their own, without the help of say…an Ultra Beast for instance, Recon Squad had to take action. The team that managed to work out the mechanics to opening up a way into ultra space…they had one of two options. Either come with us-“

“Or you kill them. And either way, the squad made sure they destroyed any work they did so it’d be borderline impossible to do so again.” Freth said.

“Precisely.”

“God, what are you guys? The Illuminati?” Freth asked, her face unable to hide her frustration any longer.

“I would be lying if I said it didn’t feel like that sometimes.” Eris admitted. “Regardless, because of that, I’m left wondering what’s in that book, too. What is in that book which ousted someone to be stark-raving mad and left something that two modern-day esteemed professors decided to pursue. I think you need to see what's in that book, if for nothing else, your sake. If there's really nothing to note, I'll leave it alone, but just seeing what I saw earlier, I rather not leave it to chance. You'd know that much at least about me.”

Freth couldn't completely disagree, though she was more convinced that Eris was trying to pull strings here somehow. Freth too was curious about what was in that book, though not for really any of the concerns Eris had. She would hover off the ground and start making her way towards Raifort. She supposed if nothing else she could ask to see what was in the book, so at least that would put Eris at ease.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:20 pm
Odd wanted to withhold the book from Raifort for a moment and allow Freth or Sol a moment to look it over. To his understanding, Freth had a bit of a background in studying history so she might be able to tell them all something of it if she could see it and, of course, Sol was from this region and likely would be able to discern a few tidbits from it even if he didn't fully understand everything in it. Like if letting Raifort play with this book might come back to bite them all in the rear later. Unfortunately, the woman was far more energetic and physically capable than he'd expected a teacher to be and snatched the book away from him in a flash, her eagerness to begin studying it's contents seemingly a source of that energy in the moment.

He grimaced internally, ensuring Remix was returned to his Ball for the time being, as he followed the excitable instructor out of the lighthouse even as she lauded him as the so-called "hero" of the moment."I'd say Remix did more of the work than I did. Regardless, I just hope that book doesn't end up being more trouble than finding it was worth. He responded, muttering the second half more to himself than to her.

When she called for a picnic in celebration, he found himself recalling Baroque as well, feeling it wasn't necessary to leave the sarcophagus out to watch the door any longer if they were outside. As the group began to set up blankets and Raifort called in a supply drop from the school, he took a moment to step away on his own, climbing to the top of the lighthouse and looking out over the immediate area. Something still felt off to him about all this and he wasn't quite sure what it was. "Maybe I'm just being paranoid? He grumbled to himself, fighting the urge to punch the lighthouse wall. Something always went wrong on these kinds of "adventures" whenever Snagem was involved, as if the universe itself was conspiring to cause as much trouble for them as it could. "Blizz must be rubbing off on me... He's the one who predicted something bad was going to happen before we even left for the region, after all..." He paused for a moment, looking around as his senses tripped. Something that was giving off a distinctly "Ghost" energy was passing through or something. He felt it for a brief moment and then it was gone. "Or maybe it's that. I'm going to assume that cabbie's story got to me for now and try to enjoy myself with the others." He said to himself, trying to shake away the sense that something of a spiritual nature had just come through and returned to the picnic site just as the assortment of sandwiches were brough out. Grabbing one for himself, he took a seat and a few tiny bites as he looked around, hoping to spot some local Pokemon and learn a bit about them. Something tiny caught his attention as he did and, upon closer inspection, he found a Nymble, it's name currently unknown to him, hopping by him. "Huh... That must have been what I saw when we got here? Weird little thing. A Bug of some sort, I'm guessing?" He pulled out his SNAG and tried checking to see if GRAY had finished updating the PokeDex feature yet, snapping a picture of the Pokemon if not to try and help the AI with compiling data.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 am
"That's!..." Sol almost couldn't believe what he saw Odd find under the computer tower. But there wasn't much mistaking the cover, barely getting out of Ms. Raifort's way as she hurried over to Odd and the book in his hands. Had she not gone over so quickly, he would've asked to take a look at it himself... but she was awful quick to see to a celebratory picnic outside, getting little chance to capitalize as a result. In time, though, he'd notice Freth contemplating something before a flash of frustration on her face showed itself and she started towards Raifort. Finding it best to leave her to it, he'd look to the spread Arven and Brian had put together.

"...ah, jamón," he remarked to himself as he grabbed two of the half-sandwiches, one for himself and another for his Scorbunny once he was let out. It was one of the more elaborate ones of the bunch, a cut of Paldean ham being the most apparent attraction of it alongside cheese, tomato, peppers and olives adding their own notes to the combination. A slight hint of olive oil and garlic lingered to top it off, and Sol couldn't help being a bit nostalgic for it as he took a bite. "Thirty years and some things still haven't changed, have they?" The kick of the peppers wasn't quite as strong as he remembered, but new physiology had a way of affecting a lot of things. "Last time I had this must've been... right before I left the region for Kalos."

Inigo would find more of a kick by comparison, giving a curious look at Sol as he nibbled on the sandwich. Paldea was entirely new to him, not unlike Galar in the short time the team spent there. Much as he was curious and wanted to explore, he knew not to stray far right now. Sol, however, was just glad Buzzwole didn't decide to let themself out in front of a bunch of students and Ms. Raifort.

He heard Beau too, taking another bite himself and swallowing before giving an answer. "Now that you mention it... wasn't there more with us when we got here?" He wasn't sure that anyone was actually missing, but there was a hint of unease even his nostalgia couldn't totally shake.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:45 pm
Rachel frowned at the information she was given; it seemed the professors were more well-known for risk taking than anything else. She didn't have anything else to say after this, not that she could really say anything now that Raifort's attention was solely on the revealed Violet Book that Odd had pulled from under the computer tower. Ah, so that's where it was. Hmm, what an odd place to store a book.

Brian smiled a bit at Arven's enthusiasm when it came to cooking. When the younger male said he'd love the recipe for the poffin he'd given Mabostiff, Brian nodded. Most Pokemon seemed to enjoy the treats, and he'd even had a few wild ones ask for them before he'd left home. He looked up as the rest of the group came outside, raising a brow at Raifort's suggestion that he aid Arven in making lunch for them. While he didn't mind, he had to wonder how she knew about his cooking ability. Had she overheard him saying that he knew how to cook, or had she done her research on each of the Snagems that had arrived at the academy? Shrugging mentally, he gave a nod and followed Arven into the lab, aiding in the preparation of various sandwiches and picking up hints about what ingredients went best with each other from the younger male.

Once it was all done, he helped carry everything outside, waiting until everyone else had their food before grabbing a half sandwich for himself, as well as his Pawmi, whom he'd named Thunderfist. The little Electric-type plonked himself down and started stuffing his face as fast as he could, prompting Brian to chuckle. "Slow down, Thunderfist," he said. "It's not going anywhere." The Pawmi looked at him almost incredulously, as if he didn't believe this human that was now his trainer, but obediently slowed down, taking his time to actually enjoy the flavors of his chosen sandwich. "Anything interesting in that book, Professor?" he asked, curious to know what Raifort had found so far.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:01 pm
Aile would find herself sitting under a nearby tree, watching as the others were getting set up for the picnic or bringing out their Pokémon. She'd pull out the Pokeball containing the Shadow Nincada, keeping it closed and the Pokémon securely inside. It had already eaten one of the leaves of the first Herba Mystica. Heck, it seemed to be hunting it, if she went by how she found the first Herba. Going by where a giant Pokémon was would probably be a rather strong start, but if this thing could potentially help them, or more precisely, her, lock in on it. The only issue would be that she lacked an Immunizer, and she was kicking herself for it now. Aile had zeroed in on merely using her Shadow Pokémon in Hoenn, where the tech for it was largely widespread, and it hadn't even occured that she could encounter another Shadow Pokémon outside of the region.... though, this was a very unique situation, still. One that legitimately pissed her off. How often had she used that staff with a little grub of a shadow insect before in an uninfected area? How in the blazes did it get in there? And just who got it in there? This was her staff(albeit broken now), and someone shoved a tiny shadow Pokémon into it without her knowing? The only time she had been separated from her staff was... What was that region again? Sinnoh, right. Same place where some of the team went back in time, and the place was called Hisui. Right. Also when and where she lost her arm. Arceus, if she had known about this when she asked Uxie her question, it might have changed. Those bugs that stole her staff, what had they done, and who owned-

"Woop?"

Aile's head whirled around to the creature that had broken her out of her thoughts, who dived back into the backpack once he got a look at her face. Aile realized just then that she was scowling, and that had probably startled the little brown Wooper. A long breath escaped from Aile, as she put away the Pokeball that was giving her great frustration. "Sorry, Wooper. It's okay, you haven't done anything wrong. You can come out." The Wooper would poke his head out tentatively, only to see his trainer with a small, gentle smile on her face. He would pop out more once he was feeling more confident, happy to see her calm again. The woman would take a glance over to the rest of the picnic, noticing that the food had been brought out and it was all sandwiches. As she should have expected. "Ah. How about we get a bite to eat?" Wooper cheered happily, jumping out of the backpack and following Aile over to the table. She'd look though the sandwiches until she found one that looked interesting to her, which was a simple one with ham, cheese, pickles and mustard, putting a couple pieces of it onto a plate before returning to their spot under the tree. In between her rotation of handing one of the sandwiches to Wooper to eat and then eating her own(hooray, having one arm!), she'd watch the others, trying to keep an ear out for what Raifort said. It sounded like everyone was bombarding her with questions about what was in the book, so she'd just sit back and listen this time.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:47 pm
Tsuki scooted out of Odd’s way, lips pursed in a way that read ‘oh, oh I almost accidentally got the robot man killed’. “Mhm, after you.” He said, inflating his cheeks from embarrassment. That actually begged a question that he felt needed to be asked.

“GRAY, why don’t you just back yourself up somewhere? I guess- I mean I guess the version of you that gets deleted would still be deleted. But the backed up version gets to dodge that bullet. So… it’s like a net neutral.” Tsuki said to the resident AI. That really seemed like a critical design flaw if he could just get CTRL Alt Deleted like that.

Oh, but the Violet Book! Tsuki eyed it so curiously, wondering what late night professor craziness that Turo had filled the book with before it was immediately handed off to Raifort. Darn. Whilst he got distracted thinking about that, the teacher’s Gengar snuck up on him and gave his face an awful lick. The boy shuddered. “But why, Mr. Gengar? But why?” He asked, wiping the ectosaliva off of his face on the way out of the lab.

Where was a sandwich when you needed it? At the word picnic however, his newly acquired Applin left it’s Pokeball of it’s own accord and shimmied it’s way to Arven. The dragon poked out of the small apple it resided in and yelped for food Arceus dammit. “My bad!” Tsuki said to Arven, laughing sheepishly at his not controlling his own Pokemon better.  

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas