Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Starfall Street [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm
Amber rubbed the back of her head sheepishly as Willy called her and Deo nice. She didn't think she was nice, at least, not in the normal way, but who was she to argue? When Willy asked them not to be too hard on the other Team Star members, she paused. Perhaps they were misguided, but that didn't excuse their actions here. Still, maybe they could get some of them to see reason, like Willy had.

At that moment, there was a loud explosion that had Amber and her team turning toward the noise. What had caused that? Before she could ask, Willy explained what was going on, and she frowned at the explanation. "The Starmobile?" she echoed, confused. "That must be that giant vehicle-looking thing I saw in the warehouse. Willy, get everyone here that you can to safety. Deo and I, as well as the rest of our friends that are here, will do what we can to shut that thing down." While she wasn't exactly nice by normal standards, she wasn't going to let an entire group suffer for the actions of one person's stupidity.

After saying this, she took off at a run, returning Gary, since the Omanyte couldn't exactly keep up without proper legs to run with. She followed Deo to see both Monique and Cera trying to fight the Starmobile and someone, she assumed Mela, from what Willy had said, trying to keep from getting thrown off the machine. She sighed; why couldn't something go easy for once? Seeing Deo running into the thick of the chaos, she turned to look at Mela. Judging by the rate that machine was rampaging, she didn't have much time before she was thrown off or Deo managed to get to her, if he was even able to with how that thing was going. She could also see Cera heading toward the Starmobile, likely in an attempt to get the red-headed woman off the machine.

Sizing up the situation, she looked at Bubbles. "We need to stop that machine," she said. "Based on what I can see, it's powered by Fire-type energy, so water should do the trick, if we can hit it in the right spot. Bubbles, go help Monique and Cera's Lapras fight that thing, see if you can do a bit of damage to it. Gary, go and use Rain Dance to try and put out some of those fires, then Mud Shot on the Starmobile!

Spooky, go with Cera and try to get Mela off that thing. Arauth, go with Deo. He's throwing himself into danger recklessly, and I don't want him too badly hurt if that thing decides to explode."
All four Pokemon nodded and rushed off to do as asked, hoping they would be able to stop the rampaging Starmobile in time, as well as save their friends. Bubbles, while not actually given any specific orders as to what moves to use, decided to use Water Pledge again, in an attempt to throw the Starmobile off balance and allow her teammates to get in a few hits. The others did as ordered, Gary using Rain Dance as well as Mud Shot, hoping to hit a critical part of the machine, while the two Ghost-types went with their respective allies.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:13 pm
The Rain Dance would help in snuffing at the stray embers and put out the smaller grass fires but it would only delay the larger fires that were taking over the trees, those needed more direct water than rain could provide by this point.

The Water Pledge would erupt from underneath the Starmobile at the most opportune time, knocking it slightly off balance and thus creating a delay, and an opening, in its rampage for Monique and Cera to capitalize one. The combination of Weather Ball, Mud Shot and one massive Hydro Pump would prove to be devastating as they went directly into the hole in its body, plenty of water being taken into its engine before it had even remotely a change to just burn off the liquid. Now with an unhealthy dose of water flowing through the Starmobile it began to clack and bounce around violently, belching out black smoke as the entire construct started to fail.

Cera would attempt to help Mela as the Starmobile underwent catastrophic failure, her Psychic preventing Mela from going over the edge of the platform but not much else, the target was moving too much thanks to the Starmobile's violent death, Cera couldn't get a safe enough grasp on Mela to snatch her away and to make matters worse this wannabe war machine was about to blow. In such a situation it would be preferable to just snatch the girl to safety and hope she came with all her appendages but before Cera went that method she would spot a very brave, and very stupid, Deo climb the Starmobile and pick the girl up, having fought through the flames and smoke to get there.

"W-who are you!?" Mela cried out in shock as she was taken up into the arms of the giant cat-man, not that she was complaining, being rescued by a random feline biped was preferable to dying in a fiery explosion. "It's going to blow!" She declared, watching as the two Vavroom abandoned the Starmobile, the Revavroom however did not have that luxury as it was far too secured, the poor thing.

Deo would have to make a quick decision, while his Guts ability allowed him to fight through the pain of the flames and gave him the strength to get here it was only a temporary boost, soon he'd succumb to the effects of the burn and on top of it this thing was going to blow. There was just one option he could take; jump. Jump and hope for the best.

"Rev...va...VROOM!" Cried the Revavroom as the entire Starmobile exploded violently, going up in a terrible burst of flames, a shock wave sent outward from the epicenter of the explosion and no doubt knocking over anything not tied down and possibly those nearby. In the immediate aftermath there would be a lingering pitch black column of smoke rising high into the air and plenty of plant life and buildings on fire, pieces of the Starmobile scattered about. While no doubt everyone's primary concern would be if Mela and Deo made it out but they still had another pressing matter and that was preventing a forest fire. Monique's Castform was no doubt already on the job but it would take a lot more than it to douse the flames that resulted from both the Overheat and the explosion of the Starmobile.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

DeoLux

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:38 pm
Deo was on a smoking thing.... well, a exploding thing. He had to jump, and there was nothing to catch.... wait. "HEY! Misdreavus ! I need a catch!" As he was going to jump with the leader in his clutches. He was hurting bad, the guts was suppressing it, but oh boy. He will need to see the nurse or maybe have to go to the hospital for a bit. 'This job is meant for a firefighter, not a cop, or a snagem agent. But you gotta do what ya gotta do.' he thought to himself as he made the jump. He knew he was singed, and he had to find some medical attention. But he knew, this would hurt in the morning.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:01 pm
Amber was a bit disappointed that the Rain Dance Gary was using wasn't doing more, but then again, she wasn't really expecting it to put out all the fires. She was happy to see that Bubbles' Water Pledge created enough of a delay that Gary, Monique's Castforme, and Cera's Lapras were able to do massive damage to the rampaging machine, but that happiness turned to horror as the machine finally decided to explode. She cried out as she realized that Deo and Mela were still on the machine. Meanwhile, Arauth had managed to make it to the Luxray hybrid, catching him with Psychic as he jumped off the death machine with Mela in his arms. The Misdreavus had heard his plea and arrived just in the nick of time, joined by Spooky, who was utilizing his own Psychic attack to aid his teammate. Together, the two carried Deo and Mela away from the burning wreck of the destroyed Starmobile.

While she didn't know whether Deo and Mela had made it out before the Starmobile had exploded, they had another, more pressing concern: there was a raging fire caused by the explosion. Oh, this wasn't good. If they didn't stop that fire here, they would have a full-on forest fire to deal with, and that was something Amber really didn't want to have to try and put out. "Bubbles, Gary, I need you to try and put out as many of the fires as you can!" she said, raising her voice above the noise of the fire. "Bubbles, Water Pledge, as large an area as you can! Gary, Rock Tomb in the area, Mud Shot on the fires you can reach! We need to stop this fire from spreading! Does anyone else have a Grass-type that can use Grass Pledge? We can turn this area into a swamp!"

Once Deo and Mela were safely deposited away from the worst of the fires, both Spooky and Arauth made sure they weren't in any immediate danger before Spooky returned to Amber. Arauth opted to stay with Deo just in case he or Mela needed her. Amber felt the presence of her first Ghost-type, and she turned to look at him in relief. "I'm happy to see you safe, friend," she said, as he cooed at her. "I'm assuming Arauth is with Deo, if he's alright, so would you be willing to do something for me?" The Shuppet nodded, more than willing to aid his trainer despite the pain he was still feeling from the Burn. "I need you to go see if you can't rally some of the wild Pokemon in the area," she explained. "This is their home, and I know many will be terrified of the flames and wanting to escape to safety. See if you can find any that are willing and try to persuade them to help fight the fires. The more help we have, the better." Spooky nodded and vanished, heading into the surrounding area to see if there were any wild Pokemon that would be willing to put out the fires threatening their homes.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:42 pm
"I don't have a Grass-type!" Monique shouted back at Amber. All she could do, after going through so many of her Pokémon and with her Crawdaunt suffering a gnarly burn, was provide support and amplify everyone else's Water-type moves with Rain Dance.

Like a wildfire tanker, Castform used Weather Ball with precision, taking several minutes each time and dropping large spheres of water—massive, massive raindrops—on the flames. The question was whether it needed to do faster, smaller strikes to keep the fire from spreading.

Monique, exhausted, could only pant and watch as Castform darted about, making a small but vital contribution to the overall firefighting effort. This had to work or things would get gnarly.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 pm
"Uggghhhhh..." Absinthe moaned. She was woken up by the sound of an explosion. She barely heard if - her lack of consciousness resulting in dulled senses - but she did hear it. She slowly pushed herself to her feet - which wasn't easy with a hand on her head in an attempt to soothe her headache - before she looked around. 'Where'd all this fire come from?" she asked aloud, her groggy stupor preventing her from realizing how immediate the danger around her was. "Jeez... how long was I out? What happened?" She didn't seem to be asking anyone in particular. There wasn't any fire in her immediate vicinity, but it was close enough to be a problem. Either she'd have to realize that on her own, which would take time, or someone would have to snap her out of it.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:54 pm
"Thank you so much!" Mela thanked Deo, gasping for air after all that excitement. It wasn't time to relax though as she laid eyes on all the fire around them. "T-this is horrible!" She proclaimed. "I have to..." Before Deo knew it Mela would suddenly run off, disappearing behind some smoke, the hybrid no doubt too tired to go after her, besides there was something more pressing to worry about, the fire.

The Snagems would do what they could to quell the fire but it was simply too much, as soon as they douse some flames more were created as the fires spread. The Rain Dance's reach was no longer sufficient either, a move used to only cover the area of a battlefield would not be enough to stop this rapidly expanding bush fire. With water, rocks, and mud being flung around but the fires remaining it was quickly looking like a lost cause.

That was when a small group of wild Pokemon showed up, thanks to Spooky. A trio of Psyduck would come along and begin to use Water Gun on the flames the best they could. A pair of Marill and a small army of Tadbulb would arrive behind them and join in on the Water Gun spray. Even a flock of mixed colored Squawkabilly would come in as well, putting their differences aside as they flapped vigorously to put out the flames together. Some progress was being made on putting out the flames but they still needed more.

"Into the flames! All of you!" Mela cried out as she returned to the scene of the fire, her army of Charcadet in front of her. The tiny Fire types would march directly into the flames and begin to attempt to absorb as much of the fire with their Flash Fire abilities, taking in as much of it as they can into their tiny little bodies, the tops of their heads burning fierce as they absorbed fire. They would then do something surprising when they absorbed as much as they could, they would run right into the flying Water attacks to knock themselves out, to douse the flames for good.

Next would come the Dark One himself, riding on the back of Vladimar the Hydreigon, the Dragon letting loose jets of water from its left head which turned into small tidal waves as it used Surf to put out the flames. Sub would find Deo and land next to him, noticing the Luxray hybrid looked like he had seen better days. "What happened to you? Looks like you need more than a Burn Heal. Come on, get on Vladimar and he'll fly you back to the academy." Sub instructed Deo.

-----

About an hour later the last of the flames appeared to be put out, the entire area wet and charred, the smell of burnt wood lingering in the air. Once it was all done the Snagems now stood at the center of ruined Schedar Squad's Base, almost all of Mela's crew gone except for a few brave souls that stayed behind with her. The Snagems were joined by Mela and these grunts, coming together to decide what the next course of action was.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen." Mela said, breaking the ice after Sub had just stood there and stared her down. "From this day forth Schedar Squad is disbanded. While our righteous flames burned bright we were unable to contain it..." Mela said, hanging her head in shame, her faithful few followers looking on at her in pity. "Please forgive us, we just wanted to be noticed, accepted. An ignored fire has a tendency to get out of control..."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:14 pm
Walking slowly, in pain, and agony to the Hydreigon and got on his back. "Sub...." he barely whisped in pain. "Tell the headmaster...... to spare...... the Charcadet hybrid...." before he got on the back of the hydreign and was lifted to the school nurse. Of course, he never got to snag a pokemon, but he made it out, alive and hopefully everyone else did too. His fur, red with some embers were slowly put out and his wounds began to scab up. His fur retained the color, but he now smelt bad, like a hair dryer burnt hair bad. He knew that she was safe, but know he could rest, even a little bit. All the while, he knew that this wasn't over. He knew, there were more. He had to help them, even though they were crooked. They were kids, unlike the other teams. Perhaps, they would even lead him to clues to the people or person behind the group that lead to his transformation into this being. Though he focused himself on a peaceful place, so he can avoid feeling the burns and pain all over the body.  

DeoLux

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:31 pm
SubonicXP
"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen." Mela said, breaking the ice after Sub had just stood there and stared her down. "From this day forth Schedar Squad is disbanded. While our righteous flames burned bright we were unable to contain it..." Mela said, hanging her head in shame, her faithful few followers looking on at her in pity. "Please forgive us, we just wanted to be noticed, accepted. An ignored fire has a tendency to get out of control..."

A haggard, tired, soggy Monique dropped her Illusion, finally. "I understand, Mela. So, so much to handle at once." She let out a loud sigh. "I know that feeling because, where I grew up, the world was broken. I was one of the lucky ones because of my body...no, not this one," she added, tugging at her mane for emphasis. "The one you saw, now the illusion I cast. Sheriff by day, stripper by night. How's that for an ignored fire?"

Monique kind of liked Mela, and not just because she was pretty. She saw bits of herself in the Schedar Squad leader and wondered how she would have been as the Sheriff of New Po. Would she have had it in her to dethrone King Faba?

"You have a lot to process, and I don't want to harm someone like you." A little wink, maybe a clue. "If someone or something was ignoring you, they were wrong to do so."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:29 pm
Amber watched as Rain Dance was no longer enough, even Water Spout and Mud Shot weren't really doing anything to douse the growing flames. Just when she thought all hope was lost, that they would have to evacuate the area and explain why a large portion, if not all, the forest in this area was burned, Spooky returned, leading a pack of wild Pokemon who were adamant in saving their homes. Mostly Water-types, from what she could see, but also, to her surprise, a mix of differently-colored Squakabilly. From what she'd been reading about the Flying-types, they didn't like each other, so to see them working together now was an uplifting sight.

Spooky returned to Amber's side, still wincing with the Burn he'd sustained in the fight against the Charcadet hybrid, but proud of himself, nonetheless. Amber reached up to gently hug the Ghost-type, who cuddled against her with a coo. "Oh, my sweet, brave boy," she said, stroking his head gently. "Thank you, Spooky. You and everyone else just saved this forest from becoming a burning husk."

Once the excitement (and the flames) had finally died down, she walked forward, returning Bubbles and Gary, both of whom were exhausted with the efforts of trying to put out the fires. Arauth, free to return now that Deo was taken care of, did just that, and Amber smiled at her second Ghost-type. Arauth was relatively unscathed, having been used mostly for support and not battling, though she did have a bit of soot covering her from when she'd gotten Deo and Mela away from the explosion. Speaking of Mela, Amber turned to look at the red-haired woman as Monique was speaking, and she walked over.

"Monique is right," she said. "We're all different, but anyone that can't accept someone for who they are is an idiot." She paused to look over the damage that had been done, then sighed. "One of your hybrid friends mentioned something about that machine being a prototype?" she asked, turning back to Mela. "If the other squads have one, as well, they need to know the danger those things pose. They cannot be allowed to use them, or the events that happened here will just repeat themselves, and next time, we might not be able to stop them. I, for one, do not want any accidental deaths on my hands because of one of those 'Starmobiles'."  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:12 am
In the moment, Cera was taken aback by Deo's whole thing to give much of a response beyond wondering what the hell he was thinking. Otherwise, her focus had been trying to deal with the flames as much as she could alongside the others.

Even after the worst of it seemed to pass, she'd further break the ice with a sigh. "In your defense," she added, "Several more crashing things like an ambush don't exactly let talks go through. You definitely got noticed with, you know, all of this." As the Mew floated around to gesture at everything around the squad and team, she sat herself down near Mela. "Let me ask this, though. The whole noticed and accepted thing, what's that about? Surely there's a reason for it; even we had a lot of different reasons for coming together ourselves."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:49 pm
With the Starmobile defeated, the fires put out, and Schedar Squad disbanded Team Snagem's work here was done. Sub would have had some time to speak to Mela one-on-one on the side and when they were done Mela had agreed to travel back to academy with the Dark One, his Hydreigon arriving back just in time. The Snagem leader would inform his teammates that they would all return to the academy and he himself will take Mela to director Clavell and speak with him about what transpired here. As for the rest of the team he suggested they go get some much needed rest.

After both of them climbed on the back Valdemar Sub and Mela would take off into the sky, heading towards Naranja-Uva Academy. If the Snagems needed a Squawkabilly taxi or several would arrive to take them back as well. Either way as the Snagems led the scorch and soaked ruined base they were left with several questions and feelings, some of those being how might their encounter with the next squad go? Would there be another Starmobile to contend with? And how did academy students get their hands on such resources? Only time will address these things but for now...

[Mission accomplished! Back to the academy!]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:52 am
[Rewards]

Everyone who participated in taking down Schedar Squad receives the following:

All eligible Pokemon used receive 7x Evo Points, 5x Purification Points, or 1 Happiness Point.

8x Snag Coins
1x Snag Emblem Piece
1x Fast Ball
2x Exp Candy M
1x Choice of Charcoal, Heat Rock, Fire Gem, Red Shard, Occa Berry, or Stardust.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 am
...The Squawkabilly taxi, noisy as it was, was in the air heading west out of Mesagoza.

Though they had come through western Paldea, they hadn't actually seen much of it. Most of the scenery to the west of Mesagoza—except for one suspiciously large building perched on a narrow "ledge" just off that massive crater—consisted of large fields of olives, gently rolling hills that provided just the right climate for growing things. It must have been nice that society didn't need to depend on a whole Greenhouse Level to grow food. There was a town nestled in the olive groves, too.

Before long, Cortondo was behind her vision, with the varied western terrain ahead and a stand of windmills the most prominent landmark. Up here, Monique could feel her mane trying to flap in the breeze, even though it wasn't exactly as insubstantial as human hair. She thought about the Dark-type specialist. This was going to require a different team. It made no sense to bring Kalama or Kia or Hālena here; they were all weak to Dark. She needed some firepower, so Lua Pele, Mo‘ala, and Noio were obvious fits. As for Pokémon that were strong against Dark, she did not have many. Her new Kleavor was an obvious candidate, seeing as it was a Bug-type, and her young Croagunk was the other. To fill out the team, Monique decided on her Orthworm, Hao, the little young earth eater. She hoped it'd work.

Past the windmills, the area was rural and devoid of points of interest for some distance until Monique saw a large cluster of what looked like small buildings off to the right of the main road. That looks suspiciously like a Team Star base, she thought.

The taxi began to descend at a landing zone just on the edge of Cascarrafa, a charming but surprisingly large city. The terrain was contrast after contrast: green on one side but desert on another, lush and full of waterfalls in town and as you looked up but dry and parched beyond in the lower tiers. A welcome sign proclaimed that it was sister cities with Phenac in Orre. Huh, she thought. Wonder who inspired who? After getting out and paying the fare, Monique waited near the Pokémon Center, hoping to see familiar faces soon.  

MoniqueBrie

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:33 pm
Oh, how Amber hated flying. Not just the cacophony of the noisiest birds she'd ever heard, but just the thought of being who knows how high off the ground made her stomach drop and her heart flip-flop in fear. She wished Brian was here to keep her calm, but knew he was off in another part of Paldea, so she would have to get by on her own for now. That being said, there was no way in the Distortion World that she was looking over the edge of the taxi she was riding in. If she did, there was a very good chance that she would hyperventilate and accidentally freeze the Squakabilly, and that was something she didn't want happening. So here she was, sitting curled up in a ball in the furthest corner from the door, her eyes scrunched shut and concentrating on her breathing. When the taxi finally touched down at the destination, she was quick to pay the driver and make a beeline to the Pokemon Center, wanting to get as far away from the noisemakers as possible. She could see Monique already there, and she walked over to her. "I will never get used to flying," she said, shuddering slightly.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff