Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Summer's Tea Table ~ Getting to know the guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you like your bagel?
  Plain
  Cream cheese
  Butter
  Other
View Results

AaronAlroy

Crew

Sparkly Phantom

9,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:59 pm
Carlin is such a good choice, I loved his takes and heard him on O&A a few times.
He really set the gold standard for comedy, you can really say whatever you want, it just has to be funny.

A year into Covid I hit a really really big low, stuck working essential retail while people treated us like actual dirt.
Things were getting dark, then out of the blue the algorithm suggested Masayoshi Takanaka.
It actually pulled me out of it, it's just happy soul music, full of the joy of life.
There's even a thing online that says you don't find him, his music finds you when you need it.
This is the one I play when I need to forget the world around me User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Edit 02/10: Original video was removed, here's alternate link]

What’s the weirdest fact you know?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am
I dig it! Like an upbeat coffee talk vibe! Added it to my chill playlist thanks!
and ya i spent 17 yrs working customer service jobs. I can't imagine the hell it was during covid tho. I dropped out of work life since covid to take care of the home and property for now.

weirdest fact? i remember reverse peristalsis is a fancy term for throwing up. failed that term of college biology but i remembered that lol rofl

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:53 am
Rydia-Beck aka Lillea
I dig it! Like an upbeat coffee talk vibe! Added it to my chill playlist thanks!
and ya i spent 17 yrs working customer service jobs. I can't imagine the hell it was during covid tho. I dropped out of work life since covid to take care of the home and property for now.

weirdest fact? i remember reverse peristalsis is a fancy term for throwing up. failed that term of college biology but i remembered that lol rofl

That is funny! You forgot a question so I will answer weirdest fact as well.
Hmmmmm, here is something related in a way to your fact. Turkey Vultures defense mechanism is to projectile vomit onto the predators eyes. Their vomit contains all the nasty stuff they get from dead animal corpus and more.

For the question I was thinking something food related but not after that.
If you can only wear one type of shoe for the rest of your life what would you choose and why?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:48 am
OH GOSH I FORGOT A QUESTION! gonk sorry! i guess i got into the convo too much lol.

houseshoes.. hands down.. with hard bottoms so i can go indoors and out.. forever.. bobs are good for this. bob houseshoes with super heavy duty souls lol..

fave vacation desitination and why?

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:36 pm
Puerto Rico, always will be. Beautiful island and I have family over there with great food. I can't ask for more then that. Best during March near my birthday, the weather is perfect! It is also easy to go anywhere on the Island! Jungle in the middle beach on the outside. Lots of fun things to do! I love the night ambiance of the coqui frogs. I love that place.

If you had a free one way plane ticket (family included) and funding to live anywhere for a few years to establish yourself there, where would you go and why?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:17 am
its not far away lol but maybe gatlinburg tennesse.. kinda my fave vacation spot but i could totally live there too!

current shampoo you're using? i'm living on the cheap atm but i've gotten to where i prefer what i'm using nowdays which is old school white rain shampoo and conditioner. its kinda thin and smells great and doesnt leave my hair greasy.. i sound like an advertisement. its hard to find though. a mom and pop shop have it in stock where i live.

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:19 pm
Tennessee I hear is a great state, I am hoping I get the time to visit it eventually. I moved to Missouri not to long ago have not had the chance to travel around yet.

I go all out for my hair so I do buy on the little bit more expensive side. Since I don't spend money on makeup products, I use it for my hair instead. I love the natural look! For shampoo I like to buy from a company called LUSH. This company make all natural products with little synthetics that have been greatly researched for safety and they smell great! I typically get their bar shampoos which last me 4-5 months each.
Currently I am using one called soak and float, I get a lot of dandruff and it helps a bit.

What type of scents (smells) make you the most happy?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:09 am
Oh i'd be so curious to try a bar shampoo! I never have! maybe its lower in phosphates? the lather stuff I've heard is better to cut back on. That sounds cool!

Fave smells.. I got a few. I used to have this peach perfume that i was crazy about. I miss it. I keep suave strawberry shampoo next to my shower not to use. its a bit too foamy for me but to just huff while i'm in the shower cuz it smells amazing lol. And I miss using vanilla perfume that was really big in the 90s. Moms allergic to perfume so I don't use any anymore. So I guess peach strawberry and vanilla.. Fire and Ice was a baller perfume too!

Favorite fast food joint? Mine oh gosh. it can be a few.. KFC, Chik- fillet, and like papa johns.. I don't eat that way much at all anymore tho. literally a time or two a year but damn i remember! crying

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:27 am
If you do try lush, go through each to make sure that it has the ingredient that benefits your scalp and hair health.

To me if it has a tropical smell I'm going to love it.

Hmmm, Chik-fillet is defiantly one in the top ranks, I do like taco bell even if it is not authentic, it is simple and its hard to mess up.

What was your childhood dream job? Mine was being an astronaut, I wanted to explore the galaxy like they did in star trek.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:26 pm
Honestly my dream as a kid was to be a unicorn lmao rofl I don't think I ever let that go either. I'd still be down to be a unicorn if the opportunity ever presents itself lol. Never thought as much about a dream job growing up unless unicorn can be counted as a job. I'm declaring my career as aspiring unicorn! 4laugh

Fave tater chips? Mine hands down are plain old hard arse cheetos! emotion_omnomnom

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:55 pm
That answer is so wholesome. I love it! heart

Oh most food that I like change on the daily even types of chips. There is just so much good food out there how can a person just like and love one thing! For this moment my mouth waters for the flavor of sea salt and vinegar. blaugh Its strong taste is the highlight, shocking the taste buds awake with each chip!

Because tomorrow is Tuesday and now I am hungry before bed, what is your ideal taco?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:01 am
My taco would be kinda basic. ground beef (altho i quit eating beef but i can dream) and i make my chili myself i do a sweet chili powder chili, some lettuce some shredded cheddar and i'm good to go on a crispy taco. boring i know but works for me!

Fave holiday? Mine would be halloween. There's no obligations, there's no serious meanings i have to worry about. Its just cute decorations and awesome horror games to play for me.

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

AaronAlroy

Crew

Sparkly Phantom

9,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:10 am
My favourite holiday is Walpurgisnacht User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's the night before May Day, in medieval and Renaissance literature, the night was considered a time in which witches gathered up on Brocken Mt. in Germany.
A pagan night of fertility rites and revelry, to imbibe in all the physical things that feel wonderful.
I treat it as a second Halloween whee

What was the last book that made you cry/ feel some kinda way?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:05 am
Lol its gonna sound funny but i got the lotr trilogy on audible. I'd read the hobbit i dont think i'd read the others but watched old and new movies. But its been decades. It hit different me being older and at end of last book i was bawlin like a baby lol!

Favorite kinda vehicle? Mines a jeep cherokee. the older boxy ones. I have one! I need to do a lil work on it to get it legal after we sell this house and i wanna put big ole speakers and a good stereo in it so i can bump and have me a cheapie mid life crisis blasting my 90s music like an idiot! rofl

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SummerWind007

Night Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:02 pm
To drive I am a jeep person as well, It was my first vehicle and I have loved it since. I have a Liberty right now and love rainy days were I can "jeep" through them. When it comes to looks, on the other hand, I fancy myself a 69 Cameo or Stingray. They did something right that late decade when they designed cars.

Would you rather live the pirate life or the frontier cowboy life? I feel like I was build to live on the water and would love the life of a pirate. I could get myself a good contract and live a life of adventure with people I could count on.

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff