Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE SO STUPID!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FifiPuppetAssassin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:57 pm
OK my friend she doesn't see me for a day cause she wasn't able to come to my house to kick it, well she asked me to go to her house and I said no because her parents don't like me. well she got all sad and every thing and asked why I hate her? WHY DO PEOPLE ASK QUESTIONS WHEN THEY KNOW THE ANSWER?! she knows how I stand with her parents and that I don't hate her but yet she still tries to make me feel bad. Why do people do it?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:52 pm
Asking rhetorical questions is basic human nature. Even if we know the answer, sometimes we want to hear to so we know for a solid fact that it's true. It's the same principle as saying "I love you" to someone. You both know you do, but your partner wants to hear it just because they do.  

User_2961583

caramielle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:17 pm
Haseo-The_Terror_Of_Death
Asking rhetorical questions is basic human nature. Even if we know the answer, sometimes we want to hear to so we know for a solid fact that it's true. It's the same principle as saying "I love you" to someone. You both know you do, but your partner wants to hear it just because they do.

I agree. My friend did something similar to that but yeah, we all ask rhetorical questions. I guess it's because we feel more satisfied knowing the truth coming out of the person.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:02 am
If she thinks you hate her just because her parents don't like you much, then somethings wrong. Maybe she just turned on the tears to persuade you to change your mind.  

Deo_Machina

rlimbaugheib

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:50 pm
Well, you shouldn't be going to her house "just to kick it", no wonder her parents don't like you. My gf doesn't do that kind of crap. There's a simple rule of thumb that will help you: "If she's crying, she's lying"

She knows you don't hate her, but she also knows that the only way you'll stay with her is if you are convinced that you've somehow done something wrong. You haven't, she has. She's just trying to get attention.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:44 pm
Because your friend is emo. stare Tell them to lay off the ridilin, stop consuming sugar and caffeine, and stop being retarded.  

No Longer Yours

7,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:13 pm
Have a broken glass bottle fight! That solves everything! Seriously, just tell her that it's not her and you don't hate her.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:43 pm
I wouldn't worry about it. She's just being emo. People are like that sometimes. Either she'll get over it, or it's just a stage. wink  

valkyriemadness

~RAZI3L~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:13 pm
The same reason why some people are so smart. xd maybe she wasn't serious and just joking around. She might've said it so you would say that you didn't hate her and so she could feel better about herself. Like how I could call myself ugly but not really think that I was just so people would tell i wasn't... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:44 pm
Id have to say, maybe she's just looking for an excuse. If she was serious, she might not want to be your friend anymore...

just a thought...  

Trippetta

R0CKiTTSCiENTiST

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:18 pm
Well, this is what I think, so it'll be wrong. But my opinion.

She wants attention. So, she asks you why you hate her, then she'll get depressed. You'll feel bad, and go over her house. Regardless of her parents. She's using her depression, to make you guilty. Tricky, isn't she?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:44 am
It's pretty clear now what she's doing, so now you should confront her about it. "I know you're smart, and you know I don't hate you, that your parents dislike me. So why the guilt card?"

-Nods- Then maybe if you confront her with it, she'll think before turning on the tears to get what she wants next time.

Aphiliam

Queentintin

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:00 am
well maybe you should have invited her to ur house that way she would have feltwanted u know, maybe she doesnt like her parents either lol  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:17 pm
Haseo-The_Terror_Of_Death

Really true.. there are even researches that people are not satisfied feeling what you want them to know.. sometimes they can make their selves stupids in front of you just to satisfy theirselves hearing some words they want to hear. But some people are not certain what is really the reason behind something so they asks you even a couple times just to be sure.. There are really people who doubts even though they don't want to.. Some maybe just in paranoia.. I experienced that before, asking questions even though i don't know the answer.. that time, I need someone who I could trust and talk to.. amybe your friend just needs someone she could trust and be very comfortable with to tell her problems or feelings she do not understands and she wants to understands. Just don't be mad at her or something for acting like that, try to understand her very well and make her also understand you side.. I hope this works.. smile Just take this as a friendly advise.. biggrin  

Ice_queen_kat

Interesting Tycoon

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Astuta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:19 pm
hmmmmm K07S, whilst you bring up a valid point, I'm not sure that it what this friend is doing in this case. But by all means I could be wrong, but I think this time she's just playing up.

Honestly who asks why you hate them....how dumb is that...

If you're friends then although you may want to ask them that, you never do, that's offensive to you, so if all else fails, you play her cards back on her.
You could always pretend to get highly upset, and ask her why she insulted you, by calling you shallow(well I consider is shallow to hang out with someone for the sake of it...but I'm not sure if that's the right word....)

Or confront her and tell her to stop being stupid.. ^_^  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces