No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
What was your favorite console of the 16-bit era? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What was your favorite console of the 16-bit era?
SNES
55%
 55%  [ 20 ]
Sega Genisis
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
Neo-Geo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Turbo Grafx-16
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:14 pm

Discuss your favorite cosole from the 16bit days. Which one did you own or play the most? What were your favorite games? Do you still have the console or consoles?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:42 pm

I was raised one SEGA, I miss it so much. Althought I recently bought a SEGA Nomad, I can play Zero Tolerence again! mrgreen

[And yes I realize most of you probably don't know what I'm talking about.]

Devlin Darkness

Blackwing Rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:10 am

I was a sucker for Sega Genesis rpg's
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:43 pm

A tie between between Sega Genesis and SNES. They both had fun games! If I had to choose one I would say SNES just because it had Super Mario RPG!!!

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:40 pm

I only owned the Sega Genesis, however, there was a reason I only owned that 16-bit machine... because of Sonic. I was obsessed with Sonic 2 (my best friend owned it) and I wanted to play it more! Even today it is still my favorite game, but of course I got Sonic 1, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 3D Blast. Yeah, the Sega Genesis rocked and still does! biggrin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:12 pm

SNES.
It had Chrono Trigger, the Final Fantasy series, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Fire Emblem...
Can you tell I'm an RPG sorta guy? Besides the Fire Emblem, but MAN, those games were insanely difficlut back then.

Nocturnal Emissions

Terapen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:18 pm

SNES.
it had Final Fantasy 6. Secret of Mana. Super Mario RPG. even Chrono Trigger. No other game can stand up to SNES in my opinion. It is still my favourite system to date. Everyone I know (besides my best friend) thinks the games on it suck just because they aren't all 3D and amazing with all these cutscenes to make you still like the game you're playing and not go watch Barney or something instead. rolleyes graphics don't make a game, nor a system.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:38 pm

It's a toss up between Sega Genesis and SNES. Sega has Sonic, but SNES has Super Mario...

Ledell

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:18 pm

Devlin Darkness
I was raised one SEGA, I miss it so much. Althought I recently bought a SEGA Nomad, I can play Zero Tolerence again! mrgreen

[And yes I realize most of you probably don't know what I'm talking about.]

Nomad, yes I'm familiar with it.
Only buyable at Toys R Us (And eBay, duh XD), it was a handheld Sega Genesis with very pathetic battery life, and it was big!

zphal_girl87
I only owned the Sega Genesis, however, there was a reason I only owned that 16-bit machine... because of Sonic. I was obsessed with Sonic 2 (my best friend owned it) and I wanted to play it more! Even today it is still my favorite game, but of course I got Sonic 1, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 3D Blast. Yeah, the Sega Genesis rocked and still does! biggrin

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is still my absolute favorite game.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:05 am

I would have to go with the SNES. I had a used Sega Genesis a little later on too and I even had a Turbo Grafx-16, but that got sold in a garage sale sad

I now have two SNES's and two Sega Genesis's (one with a Sega CD). One of my SNES's seems to have a Mario Paint cartridge stuck in it so I just call it the Mario Paint machine xp I never really tried to dislodge the cartridge because the other SNES works fine.

Some of my favorite SNES games: Final Fantasy VI, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Lufia & the Fortress of Doom, Mario Kart, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Castlevania IV, Super Metriod, and Star Fox.

Strideo
Crew

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:21 am

Strideo
I would have to go with the SNES. I had a used Sega Genesis a little later on too and I even had a Turbo Grafx-16, but that got sold in a garage sale sad

I now have two SNES's and two Sega Genesis's (one with a Sega CD). One of my SNES's seems to have a Mario Paint cartridge stuck in it so I just call it the Mario Paint machine xp I never really tried to dislodge the cartridge because the other SNES works fine.

Some of my favorite SNES games: Final Fantasy VI, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Lufia & the Fortress of Doom, Mario Kart, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Castlevania IV, Super Metriod, and Star Fox.

Niiiiiice. Not that many people have Sega CDs now...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:00 pm

i loved SNES. heart
favorite games: Tales of Phantasia, Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Super Mario RPG, Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2), FFV & VI, and Earthbound. i also loved the Bomberman games. 3nodding

though, i don't have an SNES anymore.. big brother sold it for $5 before i could share my thoughts on selling it. stressed
now all i have is an emulator.

gseed_lacus

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:21 am

gseed_lacus
i loved SNES. heart
favorite games: Tales of Phantasia, Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Super Mario RPG, Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2), FFV & VI, and Earthbound. i also loved the Bomberman games. 3nodding

though, i don't have an SNES anymore.. big brother sold it for $5 before i could share my thoughts on selling it. stressed
now all i have is an emulator.
Aww! Why do things things always get sold by reletives? I've made it perfectly clear that none of my old game consoles are to be sold or otherwise disposed of. mad I lost an Atari 400 (the with the keyboard) and a Turbo Grafx-16 when they were sold in a garage sale. My best friend lost his Atari 2600 when he moved and his mom threw it out! cry

Lost!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Have you seen me?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:19 pm

haha i lived on Sega and it still lives! on my upstairs TV... haha i tell my friends i have it and they ask what it is... so sad

Amish Ghost

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Tsuki-Hiru
haha i lived on Sega and it still lives! on my upstairs TV... haha i tell my friends i have it and they ask what it is... so sad
That is sad . . .
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces