Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
can you buy happiness? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

does money buy happiness?
  yes
  no
  in certain situations
View Results

bexsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:40 am
Lets discuss whether money can but happiness or not. Yes i know it's rather philosophical but it's quite a valid point methinks 3nodding and as it's my post...that counts...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:43 am
I suppose it would depend on what it was you were spending money on. If I was buying stuff just for myself, then no...it wouldn't make me happy. If I was buying stuff for others, then yes...money would make me happy. 3nodding  

IMWanderling

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:00 am
There was a funny line from a movie that I must post -
Terry: Can't buy love Joe.
Joe: Yeah, but you can still rent.

Anyway, I've discussed this with my mom and we said if we won the lottery than yes, we would be alot happier... That's because we'd buy an afforadble house instead of living in a small one housing six people.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:12 am
Goddess Ace
There was a funny line from a movie that I must post -
Terry: Can't buy love Joe.
Joe: Yeah, but you can still rent.

Anyway, I've discussed this with my mom and we said if we won the lottery than yes, we would be alot happier... That's because we'd buy an afforadble house instead of living in a small one housing six people.

Love the quote btw!
yeah i see your point because i'd do the same if i were to have that kind of money, because as well it would be making more than one person happy.
But looking at people like celebrities that say that they're "living the dream" do you think that it's because of the money that they earn or the paprazzi life they lead or what?...would still love that money lol xp  

bexsy

Ombrophile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:21 am
I suppose it can bring you some form of contentment, but when it comes to happiness... money, nor any other force upon this earth can bring that. Materialistic or not, nothing can bring you happiness, because it kind of really doesn't exist if you think about it. You spend your whole life trying to attain this so called happiness, and then you die without ever reaching that said happiness.

Sound depressing? Good. You're on the right track. No, you can find contentment however, and that's always the good thing from life. Because if you find happiness, then in that, you will inadvertantly cut yourself off from a lot of the reason you live your life. (In that, it's to find your happiness).

In finding contentment, it leaves room open for you to the search "happily", for the happiness that doesn't exist. At least, that's how it is in my mind. Therefor, money cannot buy you what doesn't exist in the first place. Money can however, bring a smile to your face for a short period of time before you adapt to it and want more, and then the vicious cycle starts again. Thus, my point is proven once more. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:22 am
Ooh, celeberties are idiots.... they could help out all sorts of people but they rather buy a six million diamond studded dog collar for Fluffy. xp

And the ones that do help others aren't in the eyes of the paprazzi because they have some common scense... instead of acting a fool, they behave.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

demonicmonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:24 am
u can if ppl are stupid enough  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:29 am
You can, but it won't last, happiness never lasts, and buying things for yourself would just make it go away faster.  

tsukasa567

bexsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:30 am
Goddess Ace
Ooh, celeberties are idiots.... they could help out all sorts of people but they rather buy a six million diamond studded dog collar for Fluffy. xp

And the ones that do help others aren't in the eyes of the paprazzi because they have some common scense... instead of acting a fool, they behave.

you got some v.vgood points there cuz if u look at the celebs that are in the limelight for the work that they do, it's usually for the promotion of a new film (ooh and look there's angelina jolie at another cambodian village...what's her new film called again?)
but i suppose even though they are doing it for a publicity reason, then they are helping people, and they are going to be giving happiness in some way...so maybe these limelight hungry celebs are actaully buying other people's happiness...but are they buying their own? confused hmmm this could be a long one...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:34 am
Well, if ignorance is bliss, than yes, celeberties must be happy.

And I understand how if a celebertiy is promoting something of someone's than that person is probably happy... eh, I try to think like this:

Hillary Duff, Disney Made Pop Princess, many of us are disgusted with her... but, she makes younger children happy. So, even if we don't like her, she's still making someone happy.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

bexsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:42 am
Goddess Ace
Well, if ignorance is bliss, than yes, celeberties must be happy.

And I understand how if a celebertiy is promoting something of someone's than that person is probably happy... eh, I try to think like this:

Hillary Duff, Disney Made Pop Princess, many of us are disgusted with her... but, she makes younger children happy. So, even if we don't like her, she's still making someone happy.

yeah look at lindsay lohan (annoyingly thin wretch)...even though many of us look down on the way that she presents herself, she's actually making lots of people happy i suppose
it's just went you get all of these gossip columns where people are making money off peoples misfortune. I think that's really unfair but at the same time it's also making the gosips of the world happy. I don't really think that all the money in the world is worth airing your dirty laundry for people to lord over it  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:45 am
Ah yes, but that's also the cruelity of the world... people enjoy other's misfortune so they are happy... but see, happiness comes and goes... you can be content with your life but you will never will be happy all the time. It's human nature to have more wants and to be disatsified, but life goes on.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

syuriko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:45 am
i don't think money really buy you anything in the end, sure it may make you fell good buying someone else a gift, I love it! But it's not so much that I'm spending money on the person but that know what I got them will make them happy...I the past my friends have really like some of the stuff I have in my room and stuff and I just give it to them, if I don't have some special attackment to it and they're far more greatful for it, or vs. making something for a person even if you buy the supplies to make the gift.This morning I bought my gf a book she need for a class, did it make her happy yes and it made me happy that she wasn't worried about not having it, but it was also something she needed..so humm I think I'm kinda suck now...intresting  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:49 am
Money can buy weed.

No, not really, but it sure helps.  

Awiergan

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:51 am
If I won 10million pounds I'd be over the f***ing moon with joy...! Everything would be sweet, I might not be able to buy love but I oculd get that on my own...so yeah it can buy happyness... just not ALL types of hapyness.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff