Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
can you buy happiness? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

does money buy happiness?
  yes
  no
  in certain situations
View Results

Tonyace

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:47 pm
Gyokutei
I suppose it can bring you some form of contentment, but when it comes to happiness... money, nor any other force upon this earth can bring that. Materialistic or not, nothing can bring you happiness, because it kind of really doesn't exist if you think about it. You spend your whole life trying to attain this so called happiness, and then you die without ever reaching that said happiness.

Sound depressing? Good. You're on the right track. No, you can find contentment however, and that's always the good thing from life. Because if you find happiness, then in that, you will inadvertantly cut yourself off from a lot of the reason you live your life. (In that, it's to find your happiness).

In finding contentment, it leaves room open for you to the search "happily", for the happiness that doesn't exist. At least, that's how it is in my mind. Therefor, money cannot buy you what doesn't exist in the first place. Money can however, bring a smile to your face for a short period of time before you adapt to it and want more, and then the vicious cycle starts again. Thus, my point is proven once more. ^_^

wow i thouhgt of it as something like that but my way never made no sense. yours makes more  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:04 pm
bexsy
Lets discuss whether money can but happiness or not. Yes i know it's rather philosophical but it's quite a valid point methinks 3nodding and as it's my post...that counts...

it depends on what u define happiness....but u can shure try! biggrin  

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:08 pm
Gyokutei
I suppose it can bring you some form of contentment, but when it comes to happiness... money, nor any other force upon this earth can bring that. Materialistic or not, nothing can bring you happiness, because it kind of really doesn't exist if you think about it. You spend your whole life trying to attain this so called happiness, and then you die without ever reaching that said happiness.

Sound depressing? Good. You're on the right track. No, you can find contentment however, and that's always the good thing from life. Because if you find happiness, then in that, you will inadvertantly cut yourself off from a lot of the reason you live your life. (In that, it's to find your happiness).

In finding contentment, it leaves room open for you to the search "happily", for the happiness that doesn't exist. At least, that's how it is in my mind. Therefor, money cannot buy you what doesn't exist in the first place. Money can however, bring a smile to your face for a short period of time before you adapt to it and want more, and then the vicious cycle starts again. Thus, my point is proven once more. ^_^

how screwd up is ur life? i mean not to be offending but DAMN! every topic i go into with u in it ur so "the glass is half empty" type. its pethetic and sad. my heart breaks for u.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:40 pm
Gyokutei

=/ some people have found this "happiness". For me, it was a short period of time, 3 weeks of true happiness and that was enough to satisfy me. Hahaha, how it happened? it's kind of private. you might not have experianced this "happiness", but my point is, just.... don't make biased quotes. Get some people's background, and experiance life more before you say something like that. Not EVERYONE is in deep depression and thoughts the way you are....

Yes.... and...for some people, money can bring happiness. Not forever tho. For example, if you won a 1 million dollar lottery, heck, you'd be happy out of your mind at that moment. After a while, it'll get old, and it'll just be "whoop de doo, got 1 million dollars..." or you have spent it all =P
And for some people, money doesn't come that easily. So having just a little bit of money makes you feel thankful. You need money to survive in this world, so it's worth having it.  

taru cha

Meg`

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:26 pm
Yes. Yes you can 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:57 pm
I HAD A GUY THAT TRIED TO BUY STUFF FOR ME TO LIKE IT WON'T WORK . LOVE IS NOT MONEY IT'S THE PERSON THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOUSELF AND MAKES U HAPPY .  

KASHARA-CHAN22

aproudloser14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:44 am
Money can buy certain kinds of happiness...that happiness doesnt stay...because everyone will always want more..the hapiness you are talking about money cannot buy, simply because you cant buy love, or your lover...unless you're some kind of weirdo that buys inflatable dolls...HAH!! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:07 am
Money can only buy happiness to a certain extent. After all, if you're rich, you need someone to spend it with, otherwise there is no point in being wealthy. So money buying happiness is only true to an extent. True love is forever though.  

l2AY

Profitable Prophet

MikasMom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:03 am
My boyfriend and I have argued this one quite a bit. My stance is, No. You cannot buy happiness. I think that being able to buy things does add to the happiness. But even those with everything are often not happy. They have noone to share it with. What is the point of having everything you could ever want to buy, if you don't have anyone speacial to share it with. His stance it Yes. You can buy anything, even people. Therefore, you can buy happiness. He says that if you have enough money, even the people you love most will love you. Or at least let you beleive they love you. He doesn't think you would ever know they were just there for your money. There is sense to his view but, I disagree. I would be 100% happier if I was with the ones I love and poor than a multimillionare with noone.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:34 pm
I think to a certain point, it can.  

x.X.Innocent Passion.X.x

Guardian_Angel_Alexial

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:51 pm
In my oppinion no because material things only keep someone satisfied for so long happiness is something that lies deeper it could be thoughts of being with those you love or just plain solitude away from everything but in the end no money can't buy you happiness material things are good for a while  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:04 pm
If money could buy happiness than why are the poor happy and the rich unhappy. Being a pirate, money makes me happy but money wont buy me happiness in return. That's where adventures come in.  

Kandieren

-Cinno Cake-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:04 pm
I don't think you can buy happyness because we have likes and dislikes, so even if you bought a lot of stuff, you could still be miserable. But, you can buy things that you are interested and your interests should make you happy. For example, if you like to draw and you buy paper and pencil, you will be happy because you can do what you like.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:29 pm
it can is some situation s i guess ??!  

StarClan_Warrior

GAME 0VER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:54 pm

money can help buy you happiness, for example, you need to buy food to eat and a shelter or whatever to even think of being happy, and it's always nice to do something with money, but it isnt nessisary and money cannot completely fufil your happiness.

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff