Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
can you buy happiness? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

does money buy happiness?
  yes
  no
  in certain situations
View Results

destroyedcandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:34 pm
meh...money COULD buy love...but does it really last? once the monies are gone what is left? either way...many people that gained large amounts of money eventually begin to look at themselves and ask what more is there...and eentually become suicidal...pity... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:55 pm
It depends on what the person considers is happiness. For instance, my happiness could basically be bought with money, except for one thing obviously:true love. but aside from that, my dreams are to travel all around the world eating delicious food, doing extreme sports, and helping the protest against pollution as well as helping those in need (with efforts that produce a great effect)
I have huge ambitions that obviously need a lot of money and heart to do them.

However, I don't know what will happen if i actually do get a job that pays huge lot. i might turn into a spoiled, ignorant person or I may be like Oprah or Bill Gates and do something productive with my money.
I suppose que sala sala-whatever will be will be  

swtlildee1

lycanth_the_lycanvamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:08 pm
It cant make you happy....but it shure does help......  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:23 pm
no it can't buy happiness because when you run out of money what do you think happens to all the happiness because one second your happy and the next your miserable.  

The Lone Nut

randomdinoninja

2,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:27 pm
Money can't buy anyone happiness even if you think it can. Even if you have everthing in the world your can't buy true love. You can only buy the fake love that just leaves an empty hole in your heart. Love contains happiness not money. Without out love what is the money useful for being selfish and spending it all on yourself. Money would be a lot more useful if you could spend some of it on the one you love instead of just yourself.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:58 pm
well depends who you are and the presonality so i guess maybe it could if thats whom you are  

nightslipper

cramshaft

Omnipresent Loiterer

23,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:27 pm
it really depends if objects or being kind to others can bring you happiness, for myself i would donate a small fortune to charities and buy nice cars for my family and close friends with whatever is left  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:23 pm
It depends...
Money can cause greed....
And can harm...
It depends on how it's used and what the intention is.

Money is like religion. It can really help bring what you want outta life, but can cause great pain and sadness when misused.  

Stargirl_Tasha

Girl-Crazy Kitten

9,175 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200

Larghaz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:52 am
In the sense that you can buy things that make you happy, yes you can buy happiness. But this sort of happiness is fleeting and will eventually wash away.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:02 pm
money only gives u limited happyness
one of three things happen.
1. the thing u got brakes
2. u get tierd of the thing u got
3. the goverment takes it (or if u havent spent ur money thay tax the crap out of u till the money u saved to get the thing is gone)

stupid goverment! evil  

ADMlN Trovid

--photogeek1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:29 pm
i bot sum shoes today and im pretty happy. JKJK it cant buy lasting happiness  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:52 pm
I'd rather not waist my time trying to"buy"Happiness I'd rather invest In joy which stays with me all the time  

HighClass Badass

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100

HighClass Badass

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:55 pm
destroyedcandy
meh...money COULD buy love...but does it really last? once the monies are gone what is left? either way...many people that gained large amounts of money eventually begin to look at themselves and ask what more is there...and eentually become suicidal...pity... rolleyes

You cant BUY love you can BUY sex and BUY preteend love... neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:54 pm
I believe that money can buy happiness to a point. If you have money you will be much happier and better off than if you didn't. Though I believe this only goes to a certain point.  

Toshiro_Li

Alfredo11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:49 am
Yes it can, you buy a game, car, TV, computer, etc. you play with it, use it and it makes life easier/more fun and you are happy.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff