Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Movies, TV, Music, and more
Advent children Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

advent children?
GO SQUARE ENIX
100%
 100%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 29

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:12 am
i have seen this ages ago with subtitles though.. today i finally brought it smile no more subtitles wooo!!!

pure brilliance.

anyone else have this movie or heard of it?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:14 pm
It came out two days ago (on DVD) here. Question though, how much does it go for in most places. I've been holding off on getting it for a while.  

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150

Akuma Hattori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:38 pm
I honestly think they shouldnt have released it, and you know why? It serves no point whatsoever. It doesnt answer any questions you are left with, it just adds a shitty little storyline to tack onto the end. Granted, the animation is amazing and the fight scenes are sweet as hell, but there's no point.

I think the fact that square enix is releasing sequels to final fantasy games is really sad. It was kind of a tradition not to, if you know what I mean. Maybe i'm just sentimental, but...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:57 pm
Akuma Hattori
I honestly think they shouldnt have released it, and you know why? It serves no point whatsoever. It doesnt answer any questions you are left with, it just adds a shitty little storyline to tack onto the end. Granted, the animation is amazing and the fight scenes are sweet as hell, but there's no point.

I think the fact that square enix is releasing sequels to final fantasy games is really sad. It was kind of a tradition not to, if you know what I mean. Maybe i'm just sentimental, but...

I understand completely. But when you think about it, what's the purpose of a company? To make money. It's the most important thing to them. You can't really blame them for it.

I often thought of how cool FF VII would be as a movie. Now I have the chance to see a CG Nanaki, no matter how small his part. That's worth it to me.

The biggest decision I have to fight against is the release of FF X-2. I understand that female gamers are a largely ignored audience, but I couldn't bear to bring myself to play this one for more than a few hours. Crystal Chronicles, was better, in my opinion.  

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150

~Pancake_Las~

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:11 pm
I love that movie! Although i don't quite get the story line...  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm
Yeah the story was kinda weird, but i just got it to see SPOILER ALERT Cloud and Sephiroth beat the crap out of each other in baeutiful  

Samurai Reaper

Ursus the Grim

Ursine Warlord

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:15 pm
Got it two days ago. Great, but I was sort of dissapointed that Nanaki had but a minor role and one line.

"There are still children with the stigma."  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:42 am
...There is a storyline it concludes what happens in 7 about the lifestream being the weapon which saved the world from destruction, it also showed that nothing comes without a price. Hence why children were suffering they were recieving the punishment for there crimes. When it came to cloud and the storyline concluding him he wanted forgiveness for the fact he could not save aerith.

The rest of the characters come together basically showing the unity throughout the times. Sephiroth played a big part because he never wanted to become a memory even in the game he fought against that.

The movie had a bigger part than you could imagine it concluded what happened afterwards and shows the characters as more matured, plus it explains how each is still going through there lives with the huge impact of what they caused.

i suppose people who have played the game more than once they would understand it a lot more smile  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

The_Poolmeister

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:33 am
i watched that about 3 months ago my mate got it in english just before it came out to the video stores coz he works at one!  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:32 pm
okay, i still haven't gotten the chance to see it. this sucks. i agree with angelic on this though - i'm pretty sure people who played the game more than once and paid attention to the storyline might pick up a little more on what was happening. i've spoken to a few more people who've watched it, and they said it was good. though i do have to add - some did also complain about the small part nanaki got... 4laugh  

chibishan

practicalmagicfan

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:20 pm
saw this movie to. awesome! I loved it!  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:20 am
I got this movie today! Sqwee! (Sorry, I had to let something out or I'd be running around in circles and keep in mind, I live in a hole of a town in a country that the FF crew seem to have forgotton, Aus.) So happy! n_n Anywho. Awesome movie, love it wink  

Valonia

Ombrophile

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:23 pm
I'm going to have to agree about that. If you'd of took the time to pay more attention to the plot behind the game, and key clues left by the character, then the movie coincides perfectly with the game. Although there is a bit of things they could have done to make Advent a little better, I found I enjoyed the movie immensely. Probably why I bought a copy of it after I saw the subbed version.

Although one of the primary reasons I bought the movie was because Reno had such a large part. I've got a bit of a weakness... no, a large weakness for Reno. Even in the game I couldn't help but get attatched to him. I have a problem with getting attatced to fictional characters. Alas, ah well. Life's life.

It's a good movie all in all, and Loz makes me giggle. He's so cute.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:25 am
i have  

F a y t

Tipsy Dabbler

F a y t

Tipsy Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:37 am
i heard of it  
Movies, TV, Music, and more

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff