Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
worlds of life Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deep stuff this. But is lacking a poll.
  Remember it next time. -The Shaz-
View Results

Toa47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:25 pm
In our life we belive in heaven and hell but what if hell had a differnt world with the besats and the demons in our dreams?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:34 pm
You know, I had a theory based on that very premise. The idea that our soul inhabits two bodies; one sleeping while the other is awake. And when one falls asleep, your soul transfers into your other body in another world. Your dreams are what you experience in that world.

That's the reason you have a hard time remembering dreams; their memories are in another world.

I was going to make story/manga based on it, but I'm still toying with it.

Also: please try to remember to add polls to your topics. 3nodding  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:36 pm
well they do say that hell is a personal thing.. the hell we know being a firy pit was thought to be a frosen wasteland to the vikings.

i guess when you go to hell you get your own personal hell..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:39 pm
Darthspanky
well they do say that hell is a personal thing.. the hell we know being a firy pit was thought to be a frosen wasteland to the vikings.

i guess when you go to hell you get your own personal hell..
Reminds me of Silent Hill 2. It's theorized by the diehards that Silent Hill was meant to be a self-imposed hell/purgatory for the main character.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Awiergan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:40 pm
Such thoughts are signs of anxiety, say most psychologists.

Perhaps you are only anxious because it's soo real to us. You fear hell, but you also, in turn, fear a heaven. Stuck in an infinity where nothing goes wrong, how boring might that be?

Alternatively, The great Erwin Rudolf Joseph Alexander Schrodinger lead many to believe that the universe revolves around perception of it; perhaps when your senses go blank and you can no longer percieve, your mind creates a new reality for you. Maybe that could happen after death. But if your concious had already created this universe, everything could all together cease to exist after death, and this is just holding together.

Alternatively, there could be a God who has the all powerful concious, and holds all the universe together, and you'll have minimal affect on your future, unless, of course, you had a mind that could rival a god.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:43 pm
~Magic Trevor~

Perhaps you are only anxious because it's soo real to us. You fear hell, but you also, in turn, fear a heaven. Stuck in an infinity where nothing goes wrong, how boring might that be?

Alternatively, The great Erwin Rudolf Joseph Alexander Schrodinger lead many to believe that the universe revolves around perception of it; perhaps when your senses go blank and you can no longer percieve, your mind creates a new reality for you. Maybe that could happen after death. But if your concious had already created this universe, everything could all together cease to exist after death, and this is just holding together.

Alternatively, there could be a God who has the all powerful concious, and holds all the universe together, and you'll have minimal affect on your future, unless, of course, you had a mind that could rival a god.

"We are all of us Gods in our own minds."
A phrase I came up with on the spot.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Awiergan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:47 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
~Magic Trevor~

"We are all of us Gods in our own minds."
A phrase I came up with on the spot.

"Thus, the task is, not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees."
"I know not whence I came, nor whither I go, nor who I am."

If you wish to carry this out:

"there is no such thing as an objective truth outside of our perception; therefore, all things are true and possible."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:53 pm
Well, since I'm a Christian, I'd have to go with what my religion says, and it says hell is seperation from God

But interesting. Buddhists believed that you had to go through 7 levels of hell and then you achived enlightenment, meaning your soul was pure and you were able to proceed to heaven.

And Shaz, that's a false statement for many religions, including Judaism, Christianity, Catholocism, Buddha, Baptist, Episcopalian, Islam, and in some cases, Scientology.  

Crimson Sonata

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:59 pm
soren910
And Shaz, that's a false statement for many religions, including Judaism, Christianity, Catholocism, Buddha, Baptist, Episcopalian, Islam, and in some cases, Scientology.

Hey, I'm Christian to. But our minds are unimaginably (forgive the pun) powerful things. We can create whole worlds in our minds. In a way, that makes us the gods of our own worlds.

And I refuse to accept Scientology as a religion, just for the record.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:08 pm
well too bad, cuz you can be a scientologist and a christian, because scientology is all about believing in your own religion and you finding proof of it for yourself.....

Stupid to match Tom Cruise, yupyup  

Crimson Sonata

Sarinu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:12 pm
What kind of jerk invented heaven, hell, jesus, satan and god?!??!
He/she must have been a retard.

But one thing i know... Its not real.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:12 pm
Soren Inushushi
well too bad, cuz you can be a scientologist and a christian, because scientology is all about believing in your own religion and you finding proof of it for yourself.....

That's not Scientology. That's not even what religion in general is about. Religion is not, and never will be, about proof. It's about faith.

For Scientology, I direct your attention to this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Manji-luo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:59 pm
you guys all have powerful points. but one thing that i'd like to add on is that personal hell.

i'm Roman Catholic, and i was taught that Hell is only what you make of it. it really IS your own personal hell, and it's different for every person.

when you think about it, it really DOES make sense that way. you go to hell to be punished. if you like warmth, you could get locked in a frozen meat locker. if you like room temperature and cant stand the heat, then you'll literally burn from the heat. Satan has a way of punishing everyone for what his or her own sins were, and it only makes sense that the punishment would be something that actually DOES pain you (fears will probably also be included). how would satan know this? well, when you look at it religiously, he's the one that tempts you into sin, so he should be able to watch and know your fears and dislikes as well.

and as for Shaz's idea of our minds creating alternate worlds for dreams, i have one thing to say to this:

ever since i was about 5 or 6 years old, all of my dreams have become reality (so far) in some way shape or form. they all started out with locations and stuff, and eventually, i started coming across these exact locations in my life. (i.e. in junior high we went to this TAAS camp [TAAS was the old texas statewide test]. in the camp there was this big lake with a little thin strip of land where you could walk across the lake on it. it was kinda to the left side of the big lake. i dreamt in a dream a year or two before that that it was a bright sunny day out and i was walking across that strip of land to get to the otehr side of the lake. when i got to the TAAS camp, it was the EXACT same situation, except the sky was overcast, not clear like in my dream, and the girls cabins were visible behind the trees in the background).

later on however, the dreams started becoming actual situations that have happened in my life. i cant name a few, because they were all little things that i dreamt of and then i jsut remembered in a flash "woah, deja vu". but one thing i DID remember was FFX-2. if you've played it, then you'll know what i'm talking about:
when Yuna falls into that big hole the first time, she wakes up on this land mass with a field of purple flowers all around her. in the background there are floating pillars of earth with water flowing out of the top of it, and falling into the nothingness below. there was also an aurora borealis in the sky too. i dreamt about that EXACT same spot...and when i played Final fantasy X-2, i got to that point and my jaw LITERALLY hit the floor. i had to pause the game, turn off the tv and i literally spent the next 30 minutes taking a break and thinking "holy s**t!" the entire time. i kid you not!

there was also this nightmare where i dreamt i stabbed my brother to death with a knife, but all i dreamt of was me holding the knife in my blod-soaked hands, and my brother lying on the ground, dead, with many stab wounds in his stomache. that hasn't happened, and i'm VERY glad that it hasn't! (even though i do hate my brother, i love him because he's family. i literally woke up from that dream crying)

so Shaz, my question to you is this: if our dreams form a different world, then why is mine that i dream about the exact same one that i live in?

...and better yet, why is it that way?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:20 pm
Religion is belief. What you believe is your religon. I know now what I believe, therefore I have no religon. I also believe that most people who say that they are this or that relgon or only so because of hoe they were raised and that they don't believe. The few that do believe is because that's all they know. nothing has come to differ thier mind, or that happened for such a length of time that thier mind holds no doubt 'that's the way it was and has always been'.  

Metalic_Noodles

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:46 pm
Manji-luo
and as for Shaz's idea of our minds creating alternate worlds for dreams, i have one thing to say to this:

ever since i was about 5 or 6 years old, all of my dreams have become reality (so far) in some way shape or form. they all started out with locations and stuff, and eventually, i started coming across these exact locations in my life. (i.e. in junior high we went to this TAAS camp [TAAS was the old texas statewide test]. in the camp there was this big lake with a little thin strip of land where you could walk across the lake on it. it was kinda to the left side of the big lake. i dreamt in a dream a year or two before that that it was a bright sunny day out and i was walking across that strip of land to get to the otehr side of the lake. when i got to the TAAS camp, it was the EXACT same situation, except the sky was overcast, not clear like in my dream, and the girls cabins were visible behind the trees in the background).

later on however, the dreams started becoming actual situations that have happened in my life. i cant name a few, because they were all little things that i dreamt of and then i jsut remembered in a flash "woah, deja vu". but one thing i DID remember was FFX-2. if you've played it, then you'll know what i'm talking about:
when Yuna falls into that big hole the first time, she wakes up on this land mass with a field of purple flowers all around her. in the background there are floating pillars of earth with water flowing out of the top of it, and falling into the nothingness below. there was also an aurora borealis in the sky too. i dreamt about that EXACT same spot...and when i played Final fantasy X-2, i got to that point and my jaw LITERALLY hit the floor. i had to pause the game, turn off the tv and i literally spent the next 30 minutes taking a break and thinking "holy s**t!" the entire time. i kid you not!

there was also this nightmare where i dreamt i stabbed my brother to death with a knife, but all i dreamt of was me holding the knife in my blod-soaked hands, and my brother lying on the ground, dead, with many stab wounds in his stomache. that hasn't happened, and i'm VERY glad that it hasn't! (even though i do hate my brother, i love him because he's family. i literally woke up from that dream crying)

so Shaz, my question to you is this: if our dreams form a different world, then why is mine that i dream about the exact same one that i live in?

...and better yet, why is it that way?

All I can respond to that with is that is the world you have, be it conciouslly or subconsiouslly, created for yourself. I'll admit, my theory is riddled with holes, but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually. xp  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff