Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hey, Mom....What's for supper?? [The Recipe Thread] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Mom!
  What'd joo cook me?
  Don't bother to get up...I'll make my own!
  Eat? Why eat?
View Results

Mara_Brightwing

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
It's almost time for me to get started on making supper, and as usual, I'm almost clueless about what to make. (When you have to make supper every night, creativity doesn't always come.) Hmm. I think I'll make one of my easy-peasies, Hamburger Potato Stew....

1 lb ground beef
1 chopped white onion (yellow or spanish will work too, I just prefer white)
8-10 medium potatoes
2-3 Tbs beef boullion granules OR 2-3 cubes of beef boullion
3 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the beef and onions until no pink is left in the meat; drain fat. Peel, wash and cube the potatoes; add to meat mixture and add water to cover the potatoes. Stir in the beef boullion granules (or dissolve the cubes in a few tablespoons of hot water, then add), then put the bay leaves in whole. Allow to cook until the potatoes are soft. Remove bay leaves before serving.

I like to serve this with a salad and rolls.

Any other recipes? What are you having for supper?  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:07 pm
i dont know what i'm having for supper, but i know for sure that it doesnt involve ramen xd or pie (unless something goes really wrong and i have to make myself something) x3  

Manji-luo

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:09 pm
I'm probably going out to dinner tonight. A really easy one I know is enchilada casserole, but I don't have the recipe with me: they got deleted from the computer. xp  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:12 pm
I'm bad... I eat out a lot. the rest of the time I have what I can scrounge. college students aren't known for eating well anyways... right?
edit: since it's a recipe sticky now.. I'll put a recipe in here. just gotta find one I like.
for easy meals I like to make boxed pasta mixes and put fresh broccoli in.
tuna melts are easy, just cheese, tuna and bread.
I seem to have lost most of my real recipes. ninja sweatdrop shows how much I use them.  

Krystalcat

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:41 pm
lazy mans shepords pie.

2 choped onions... (we love onions)
one pound of hamburger.
2 can1 of corn
1/2 (or more) of frosen hashbrowns.
whatever spices you feel like putting in it

tools you need
a stireing spoon.
electric frypan.
stuff to cut onions.

simple.. brown the hamburger...toss in the onions.once the onions are at a satasfactory softness, toss in the hashbrowns until eather soft. add the corn. cook until the hashbrowns are eather cooked/ or at desired crispyness.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:17 pm
Sunday i made Fajitas (beef & chicken)

Beef & Chicken (flame Grilled)
Sautee'd Onions with red & green Bell Peppers
Guacamole
Sour cream
Grated Cheese
Refried Beans
Picante Salsa
Lettuce
Chopped Tomatoe
& Burrito Sized Tortillas

so i'm just gonna eat that again tonight  

Sakura-Kyoukan

[admn]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:29 pm
I wouldn't mind Ramen. xd *goes Naruto about Ramen* Man, now I'm hungry. *goes in search of food*  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:32 pm
We have breakfast for dinner like... every 2 weeks.... how creative xD  

[Frito]

GracieLou

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:46 pm
i like to make bolognese (italian meat sauce):

1lb ground beef
1 medium, chopped red onion
2, 14.5 oz cans of chopped tomatoes, seasoned with basil, garlic, & oregano
plenty of extra virgin olive oil (must be extra virgin because it tastes better)
a dash of worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup dry red wine

you can add other things like powdered or chopped garlic and more seasonings, but listed above are the basic ingredients.

put onion in 2qt sauce pot with olive oil and let cook over medium heat until almost transparent. add meat to pot with onion and cook, stirring, until completely brown (NO PINK). add tomatoes, wine, and worchestershire to the pot with beef and onion. give a good stir for a minute, bring it to a boil for another couple of minutes, then turn down heat to let it simmer for about 10 minutes.

serve over cooked pasta (my preference being either linguini or spaghettini).

Another easy recipe is a spinach quiche:
6 eggs
1.5cups heavy cream
filling:
any veggies or meats (mushrooms, spinach, and cold cut ham work well)
swiss cheese or cheddar, shredded
1 pre-made 9inch pie crust

pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
i just kind of eye ball all the filling, as long as it all fits in the pie dish already fitted with the uncooked pie crust. mix eggs and cream together, add salt and pepper. pour over filling veggies and meats in pie dish. bake for 45 minutes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:13 pm
Here's one of my signature dishes: Tortellini w/ Mushroom Sauce

NOTE: This recipie is very linear; so I won't post amounts needed. Just use however much you think you need.

Frozen Cheese Tortellini
Mushrooms; sliced (the recipie calls for shittake, but you can use whatever)
Parmesan Cheese (storebought or fresh grated)
Butter
Olive Oil
Parsley; minced
Scallions; finely chopped (Green Onions)
Salt n' Pepper
Garlic; minced
*Optional ingredients: Red Onion, Red Peppers, Goat Cheese, Asparagus

1) Start boiling the water for the pasta. Make sure the water is adiquately(hope I spelled that right) salted. While this is happening, heat up the olive oil, garlic and butter in a large skillet.

NOTE: If your water has started to boil before you need it to, remove it from the heat, and return it when you need it. Make sure you read the instructions on the tortellini package, so you can cook them for the right amount of time and have them ready when you need them.

2) Start cooking down your mushrooms in the skillet for about 5 minutes, depending on how many mushrooms you used. After that, take about a cup of the pasta water and add it to the mushrooms. At this point, add the parsley, scallions, salt and pepper, plus whatever else you wanted to add (except the cheese). Let this cook down some more (I'd say roughly 8 minutes) so it becomes a nice sauce. At this point, your pasta should be finished cooking, so drain it.

3) My preffered method for this part is to dump the sauce into the pot, then add the pasta back into the pot. Then add the cheese, and toss it all together.

Sorry if this recipie seems poorly written; I'm no good at this. sweatdrop But it's really good; I swears! O_O  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Manji-luo

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:23 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
Here's one of my signature dishes: Tortellini w/ Mushroom Sauce

NOTE: This recipie is very linear; so I won't post amounts needed. Just use however much you think you need.

Frozen Cheese Tortellini
Mushrooms; sliced (the recipie calls for shittake, but you can use whatever)
Parmesan Cheese (storebought or fresh grated)
Butter
Olive Oil
Parsley; minced (minced
Scallions; finely chopped (Green Onions)
Salt n' Pepper
Garlic; minced
*Optinal ingrediants: Red Onion, Red Peppers, Goat Cheese, Asparagus

1) Start boiling the water for the pasta. Make sure the water is adiquately(hope I spelled that right) salted. While this is happening, heat up the olive oil, garlic and butter in a large skillet.

NOTE: If your water has started to boil before you need it to, remove it from the heat, and return it when you need it. Make sure you read the instructions on the tortellini package, so you can cook them for the right amount of time and have them ready when you need them.

2) Start cooking down your mushrooms in the skillet for about 5 minutes, depending on how many mushrooms you used. After that, take about a cup of the pasta water and add it to the mushrooms. At this point, add the parsley, scallions, salt and pepper, plus whatever else you wanted to add (except the cheese). Let this cook down some more (I'd say roughly 8 minutes) so it becomes a nice sauce. At this point, your pasta should be finished cooking, so drain it.

3) My preffered method for this part is to dump the sauce into the pot, then add the pasta back into the pot. The add the cheese, toss it all together.

Sorry if this recipie seems poorly written; I'm no good at this. sweatdrop But it's really good; I swears! O_O
gonk
just the name alone makes my mouth start to water!!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:47 pm
We need a recipe sticky.

Fluff pie. (saw it some where and liked it)
1 thing of cool whip or genaric ..
1 packet of Jell-O or genaric...-make until jelly then mix with cool whip

pour into crust (I loved gramcracker) and refrigerate 2hours-overnight.  

Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:50 pm
Trying a new pre-made casserole-like dish or frozen dinner(microwave or oven) is fun!  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:50 pm
Metalic_Noodles
We need a recipe sticky.

Fluff pie. (saw it some where and liked it)
1 thing of cool whip or genaric ..
1 packet of Jell-O or genaric...-make until jelly then mix with cool whip

pour into crust (I loved gramcracker) and refrigerate 2hours-overnight.
lol, that sounds good n.n  

Manji-luo

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:06 pm
well since all the recipes seem to have congeled here i went ahead and stickied this... now if anyone has a recipe they feel they should share they can post it here.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff