Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hey, Mom....What's for supper?? [The Recipe Thread] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Mom!
  What'd joo cook me?
  Don't bother to get up...I'll make my own!
  Eat? Why eat?
View Results

[ theoretic martyr ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:04 am
Before I went vegetarian, I used to love to make this. It's the ultimate comfort food - try at your own risk. ;P

You need:

- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 container [12 oz] small-curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cooking time!

1. Heat your oven to 350 F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook & drain lasagna noodles according to instructions on package.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter [over medium-high heat]. Cook bell pepper and onions in butter, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender; then remove from heat. Then stir in the soup, milk, basil, and pepper.
4. Place 4 noodles in baking dish. Top with about 1 cup of the soup mixture, half of the cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the chicken, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with noodles. Place remaining 4 noodles over top. Top with remaining soup mixture, mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
5. Bake uncovered 50 to 55 minutes or until bubbly and hot in center. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:12 pm
frozen pizza microwave it biggrin  

vietsoldier916

human_remains

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:07 pm
normally i justr steal some of what my roommates cooking. umm does making ramen count as cooking?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:04 pm
Rydia-Beck
I gots an easy one. I cook all the time. I've always lived in West Virginia so there wasn't much else left to do.
Here's the easiest yummiest breakfast thing that's soooo easy.
Bird's Nest:
Ingredients:
2 pieces sliced bread (your preference)
1 good sized pat of butter
2 eggs

Tear a little yolk sized hole out of center of both pieces of bread.
Let butter melt in frying pan on medium/medium low heat.
Place holy (haha!) bread in pan to toast a littttle bit before adding eggs.
After a minute or two... Break an egg into each hole in bread.
Let bottoms of eggs get done and firm... Lift bread w/spatula to check.
Flip bread, the eggs are part of bread now.
Let other side get done.
I prefer my yolks runny so that I can first poke yolk and let it seep into butter toasted bread.... yummy.
Salt if desired.
This is the easiest breakfast in the world!
You can make a sandwhich out of this if the yolks are cooked fully.
I just cut it into bite sized pieces and scarf it though!

I call this recipe Egg in a Frame. smile I first butter both sides of the bread first, like you might if you were making a grilled cheese sandwich, then use a glass to make the hole in the bread. You still have to put a bit of butter where the hole is before you put the egg in the pan to avoid stickage. :p

THEN, (here's the best part in my opinion) you fry the "hole" in the pan as well for a tasty extra to your breakfast.  

Bellatrixie

Bellatrixie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:15 pm
If you have to bring some kind of appetizer to a party, this is the BEST dip. I'm in Canada, so I hope you have the same stuff wherever you are.

Easy, Cheesy Dip

2 round loaves of bread - sourdough or italian loaves work well
1 package of cream cheese
1 cup (250ml) sour cream
1 cup (or more if you like it really cheesy) cheddar cheese -- old or sharp cheddar is nicer
1 package Knorr brand vegetable soup mix

** add some pepper to taste if desired, but extra salt is not necessary because the soup mix is already quite salty.

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and soup mix until relatively smooth. Don't worry... it doesn't have to be perfect. The taste makes up for any lumps! :p

Use one of the loaves of bread as the "bowl." Cut a hole in the top and hollow out some of the loaf. Put the extra pieces of bread aside to use for the dip later. Put the mixture inside the hollowed out loaf and cover in tin foil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree Farenheit oven for 30-40 minutes. Slice or tear up the other loaf of bread into bite sized pieces to use to dip in the mixture.

TIP: For improved flavour, make the dip a day ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to bake in the bread bowl.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:27 pm
fast dinner:

pasta
salt
butter
parmasean cheese

boil water...put in pinch of salt....put in desired pasta...approximately 5 min....drain....add some butter.....heap on the cheese  

thumper2222

Yammima

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:57 pm
Easy Vegetable Salad - No Lettuce Required
Also called "Israli Salad"

4 large tomatos
2-4 cucumbers (scrape out seeds)
1 bunch chopped green onions - only the green parts
1/2 bunch chopped parsley
radishes optional
2 lemons
vegetable oil or olive oil
salt

Put all chopped vegetables into a bowl. Squeeze the juice of the lemons over the vegetables. Add a few tablespoons of oil and a few dashes of salt (taste as you go is my motto) and viola! The end. Makes for a tasty and different salad with a meal.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:59 pm
[ theoretic martyr ]
Before I went vegetarian, I used to love to make this. It's the ultimate comfort food - try at your own risk. ;P

You need:

- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cooking time!

1. Heat your oven to 350 F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter [over medium-high heat]. Cook bell pepper and onions in butter, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender; then remove from heat. Then stir in the soup, milk, basil, and pepper.
4. Place 4 noodles in baking dish. Top with about 1 cup of the soup mixture, half of the cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the chicken, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with noodles. Place remaining 4 noodles over top. Top with remaining soup mixture, mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
5. Bake uncovered 50 to 55 minutes or until bubbly and hot in center. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.

Since you are now a vegetarian, you might want to check out my yummy vegetable salad (no lettuce) recipe below!  

Yammima

Stya Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:28 am
Crust:
1 1/4 C. chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. melted butter

Mix crust ingredients and pat into a 9 or 10 inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.

Filling:
24 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 C. sugar
3 eggs
1 C. sour cream
12 oz. melted chocolate
1 t. vanilla

Mix the cream cheese and sugar together, blending it well. Add the eggs one at a time. Then add sour cream, vanilla, and then add melted chocolate.

Heat oven and add boiling water to a pan and place on bottom oven shelf. This will provide moisture while baking. (It's an old trick)

Bake at 400°F. for 15 minutes, turn oven down to 225°F. and bake another 50 minutes, or until set in the center. Turn oven off and let cheesecake set with oven door cracked 1 hour. Chill it and it shall be good.

Everyone loves it when I make desert.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 pm

Chicken with Saffron Rice-6 servings

Ingredients:

6 small chicken breast halves or 6 medium thighs (about 2 pounds total)
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup long grain rice
1 6-1/2-ounce can minced clams
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground saffron or 1/4 teaspoon thread saffron
1 14-1/2-ounce can stewed tomatoes
1 14-ounce can chicken broth
1/4 cup water
1 10-ounce package frozen peas
8 ounces medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
6 sprigs fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:

In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, turning to brown evenly. Remove chicken.
Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in rice. Cook and stir until rice is light brown.
Drain clams, reserving liquid; set aside. Stir cumin, salt, pepper, and saffron into skillet; add undrained stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, water, and reserved clam liquid. Bring to boiling. Top with chicken pieces. Cover tightly and bake in a 400 degree F. oven for 15 minutes.
Stir in reserved clams, peas, shrimp, and olives. Cover and bake about 15 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and shrimp turn opaque. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Makes 6 servings.

Nummy-Nums!!!!  

amythst214

jelloh0530

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:14 am
Bellatrixie
Rydia-Beck
I gots an easy one. I cook all the time. I've always lived in West Virginia so there wasn't much else left to do.
Here's the easiest yummiest breakfast thing that's soooo easy.
Bird's Nest:
Ingredients:
2 pieces sliced bread (your preference)
1 good sized pat of butter
2 eggs

Tear a little yolk sized hole out of center of both pieces of bread.
Let butter melt in frying pan on medium/medium low heat.
Place holy (haha!) bread in pan to toast a littttle bit before adding eggs.
After a minute or two... Break an egg into each hole in bread.
Let bottoms of eggs get done and firm... Lift bread w/spatula to check.
Flip bread, the eggs are part of bread now.
Let other side get done.
I prefer my yolks runny so that I can first poke yolk and let it seep into butter toasted bread.... yummy.
Salt if desired.
This is the easiest breakfast in the world!
You can make a sandwhich out of this if the yolks are cooked fully.
I just cut it into bite sized pieces and scarf it though!

I call this recipe Egg in a Frame. smile I first butter both sides of the bread first, like you might if you were making a grilled cheese sandwich, then use a glass to make the hole in the bread. You still have to put a bit of butter where the hole is before you put the egg in the pan to avoid stickage. :p

THEN, (here's the best part in my opinion) you fry the "hole" in the pan as well for a tasty extra to your breakfast.

HA! i call it "eggs in a basket", and i just posted this in my other guild, that's just amusing. and i fry the "hole" too. and runny yolk on the crispy butter toasted "hole"

SO GOOD!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:55 pm
Asian Chicken Stir-Fry

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 4 crosswise pieces each
1 tablespoon peanut or canola oil
1/2 16-ounce bag ready-to-cook frozen mixed Asian vegetables
1/4 cup teriyaki marinade
1/2 cup water

Directions:

1. Place cornstarch and chicken pieces in plastic bag; shake well to coat.

2. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; stir-fry until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.

3. Push vegetables to one side of pan. Add chicken pieces; stir-fry until cooked through, about 4 minutes.

4. Add teriyaki marinade and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.

5. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.  

amythst214

doom zoom vivi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:42 pm
i go food hunting for supper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:31 pm
[ theoretic martyr ]

You need:

- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cooking time!

.....sounds spicy... pirate  

-Wah-Lay-

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

amythst214

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:56 pm
Spicey Salsa Pasta
4 servings

Ingrdients:

1/2 pound spiral macaroni
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup frozen corn
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup chunky salsa
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions:

1. Cook pasta in large pot of salted boiling water 6 to 8 minutes until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sautéchicken until cooked about 3 minutes. Stir in corn and scallions; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot. Add chicken mixture, salsa, and 1 cup cheese. Toss. Serve sprinkled with remaining cheese.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games