Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hey, Mom....What's for supper?? [The Recipe Thread] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Mom!
  What'd joo cook me?
  Don't bother to get up...I'll make my own!
  Eat? Why eat?
View Results

Ella june

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 pm
Creamed Spinach (If you buy this in a restaurant it's overwhelmingly expensive.)

Ingredients
-One package of frozen spinach OR a lot of fresh spinach.
-cream, You can use half and half.
-Butter
-If you want you can add cheese.

Add all the ingredients into a sauce pan(frying pan) Set on stove and turn it up to medium/high.
Stir contents slowly until butter is melted.
Cook until spinach looks like kelp.
To see if done..taste it.
Serve and enjoy^^

-Ella june  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:32 am
Haaauuu!~ Everything in this thread looks super yummyy!
Here's a soup recipe for when I can't chew, because I have braces! Getting your braces tightened will prevent you from eating anything as hard as bread~

E g g . D r o p . S o u p !

Things you'll need:
- 4 cups of Chicken Broth.
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 minced medium green onions.
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame oil. (optional)

I n s t r u c t i o n s !

In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil.
Add pepper, and sesame oil if using. Cook and stir for about a minute.
Gradually pour beaten eggs into broth.
Shred egg by stirring rapidly in one direction with a fork for about a minute.
Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve hot.

T h e . R e s u l t !
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Easy recipe for cooking newbs! Even children can cook this.
(Parental supervision advised if under the age of 10.)  

Miumarie

Newbie Noob

KittenRawrz

7,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:51 am
Steak,with green onions and mushrooms. For the side I'm making a salad.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:29 am
Buckle up. My lil 35 yr old bro had a heart attack last year cuz he eats like an idiot and I had tried to start eating like an adult back at beginning of pandemic but he railroaded till he got to where he is. We've completely overhauled how we eat and cook now and imma lay some health on yo arses today! Please ask me if you need ideas or want to know how to cook healthier. I aint a guru. I'm not skinny but we've all lost a good 40 lbs in the past year and we didn't stop eating and we dont work out religiously. We just tried to be kinder to our bodies without going insane. My bro's a picky eater, we didn't turn him onto veggie life and all health we had to trick him into it and make it fun.

The best damn fry breading you ever put in ya mouf!

Bran flake and wheat flour home made breading in place of packaged nuggets and foods. You can hand crumble the bran flakes or even better toss them in a blender. about 4 cups of the bran flakes and a couple cups of whole wheat flour can make a lot of breading to use gradually. things to add to it are chili powder, paprika, sage, parsley, pepper, thyme, a touch of cayenne.
DONT ADD GARLIC OR BROWN SUGAR TO BREADING YOU PLAN TO STORE. Those powdered ingredients draw moisture. but adding a touch of brown sugar and garlic /onion powder to your breading really gives it a bit of a restaurant flavor. Healthy.. fry in olive oil or grape seed oil.

Ketchup!

You can make your own ketchup with a bit of olive oil,just a touch, tomato paste and water, some brown sugar, onion powder. Or I tend to buy the 50% low sodium low sugar ketchup and that works well. Watch the labels for fructose corn syrup.

Tater Soup!

Make your own potato soups. Boil down chopped up red or gold potatoes as they're softer. With peels if the peels are soft. You cook the potatoes down till there's just little chunks left and they've broken up into the water and lost shape. 2 sacks of potatoes, cover with water, cook way down on medium low for about an hour. stir often, reduce heat to keep from burning. 2 cans of low fat evaporated milk. can can your own skim milk for this and even healthier. celery seed or tiny bit of celery, parsley, 1 tbsp finely minced onion, 1 small carrot shredded rly small, pepper cook it all down. thicken with cornstarch or flour that has first been added to a cup of cold water. 1 to 2 tbsp of the cornstarch/flour. if there's enough starch in the potatoes you might not need to thicken. Freeze in baggies the same as the chicken noodle soups. if you want to mix up with some veggies you roasted like you did with the chicken. You can use it for chicken pot pie filling. My bro likes to have pnut butter sandwiches to dip in his soup cuz he's fuggin weird but if you decide to try that its on you... rofl

Spicy Sweet Tater Fries!

Sweet potato fries with chili oil or home fries for your fries and ketchup fix. Chili oil to toss the sweet potatoes in: 1/2 cup olive oil, tbsp paprika, chili powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper and a tsp of parsley, dash of cayenne. Stir until it becomes golden and glittery looking. shake anything in this and roast in the oven. They won't get really crispy so don't burn them trying to crisp them.

Spaghetti / Pizza Sauces / Chili!

Make your own pasta and pizza sauces. You can use tomato paste cans for the base, they have almost no salt. There are 20mg cans of tomato sauce you can thin it with too. olive oil a bit goes in these and otherwise a touch of brown sugar, oregano, maybe bit of lemon juice. your spices you prefer in sauces can make lots of spaghetti you don't feel bad eating. Especially if you get one of those lil hand meat grinders (stores or amazon) and grind your own chicken breast to crumble and cook up in place of burger! Could use that chicken in place of meat on a pizza or a base to chili's and sloppy joes! I quit cheese except for blue cheese dressing and parm but shaky parm gives a hint of cheese enough I'm ok with it.

Spaghetti from a fruit?!

Spaghetti squash btw is freaking alien food and amazing. Cut in half, brush inside with olive oil lightly. Put in oven face up no more than 20 min on like 325 to 350 depending on how hot ya oven seems to get. Till it starts to get just a touch of golden crust then take a fork and just rake the inside into a bowl. Its sweet spaghetti. Its the weirdest fricken thing I've ever tried and its rly cool on its own to eat or use in place of spaghetti but I prefered it on its own.

You're welcome! I'll jot down more as i go. I have a fawkton of recipes we've altered or redone. mrgreen

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:47 pm
Chicken and stew veggies!!

User Image

This ones just rly basic plain ingredients. One of the things we make to have leftovers, lunches, freeze it, take broth and make noodle soup with...

This is tonight's batch. I only used 2 big chicken breasts which wasn't rly enough so I'm crock potting a couple more tonite to go with the leftover veggies...

Its just boneless, skinless chicken breasts mostly thawed in oven roaster.

Put light oil or spray on bottom so chicken doesn't stick

Then shave, we call it shaving, carrots to get the outter tough layer off and chop em up. We wash carrots then hold the bigger end and scrape away from us and downward into the trash to get the rough outter carrot layer off. So much better that way!

Gold or red taters chop off any knots or dark spots and cube em.

Cut up a whole sweet onion into little pieces or w/e you prefer.

A few to a handful of garlic cloves cut into bits. Mash em b4 you cut em!

Spice time!: basil, parsley, thyme, pepper, paprika, and a tiny dash of cayenne!

Mix em up a little rub the spices over the veggies make sure everything has a little spice. Pour some water till you can see a bit of water coming up through the veggies. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake on 350 to 375 for 2 to 3 hours depending on how much you made. You want a meat thermometer to say at least 200 (they say like 185 but I always go with 200) and make sure the carrots and taters are soft enough to please ya! Can toss some egg noodles in with it to have a noodle veggie chicken soup from it!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:44 am
Not alot of recipe directions to it just some choppy work and baking but still. Top shelf dinner comin atcha!

Lemon Pepper Fish and Spicy Sweet Tater Fries

Kinda speaks for itself as to the ingredients. Chop a ton of sweet taters into strips, not too thin or they'll burn in teh oven. Thaw your frozen fish or use fresh. We get some to die for frozen fillets of catfish and throw em in the package in hot water to thaw bout half hour and roll with em!

Slice enough lemons for at least 4 slices per fillet if they're that big. Juice a couple lemons to poor over fish. We use a glass baking dish and we don't need any cooking oils or sprays.. fish is oily anyway. Pour the lemon juice over first. Pepper grinder or plain pepper over the fish then add the slices. cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 to an hour at 350 degrees. Check it at 45 min though. A good temp for fish is said to be 145 degrees but i tend to get it on up to 190 or so before I trust it altho that might be overkill.. just me.

The sweet tater fries.. shave teh tater and cut teh strips. Put a spoon of olive oil in your hand and hand fluff the fries on a cookie sheet coating them all a little. You can put w/e spices you want on them but I recommend go light cuz it rly sticks! I use just pepper grinder and some paprika but you do you. You can put them in along side the fish on 350 but you have to rly toss them around after 10 min or they'll stick and burn. then cook another 10 min and done!

Enjoy the nomnom pics! (real talk the last pic is a fish feast from wow.. my guildies said they prefered old brownfish on silver tray on floor with oranges lol)

User Image  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:33 pm
Home made bread and rolls!

I'm gonna post the process we went through today and end it with moms own little typed up recipe in her words. Pardon the crappy printer blurring the last line of it. These are to die for!

To make it a little healthier replace a third of the flour with whole wheat flower, only a pinch of salt. Otherwise it has to have the sugar or the yeast won't eat and fluff up the flour! Enjoy! Our whole house smells amazing tonite!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Just a few tips on that bread above! Its rly not as hard as ppl think to do. it just takes alot of time is all.

its like an hour raising and proofing. then form the rolls and w/e breads or pizza rolls u want.. w/e. stuff em if u like. then you have to wait an hour after they're formed in those pans to raise more. then only takes like 10 to 15 min to cook at like 350! Cant stomp around the house you have to walk gently during the proofing and baking or the raising dough may fall since its alot of puffy bready doughy air raising delicately under the towel.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:09 pm
Steamed cabbage, peppers, sweet onions, red onions, and ground pepper. Fill a pot with a whole head of choppied cabbage or however much you want. throw in some mild peppers.. or hot.. live ur dream! and the rest up there that's listed. Fill water up halfway to top of ingredients.. cover.. Cook till everythings wilted soft. Healthy stuff! unique taste! This is more a dish my mom prefers but its purdy anyway so wanted to share! Just cook over a medium heat.

User Image  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff