Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
POT!! Thats right i have an argument! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should cannabis be legalized?
  Absolutely! Gimme gimme gimme....
  Only for medical uses.
  NO WAI!
View Results

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:09 pm
elemanic67

the reason the drugs are unlegalized is because the way they make you act, feel, and because they kill faster than the drugs that are legalized
therefore they should remain as illegal.

drugs+legality=increased death rate
I have never heard of someone ODing on weed and dying. 0.o

As far as I can tell, there'd be a concern with driving while under the influence (as well as doing other things that involve concentration). The way I figure it, though, is that they sell sleeping pills and things like that, but they tell you not to drive, operate heavy machinery, etc. while under the influence of the sleeping pills. Why not the same for marijuana?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:14 am
i hate all drugs! stressed evil they should all be illegal! i mean it, do u honestly want to watch a person on an acid trip, or somebody thats really really doped up? i sure as hell dont, and if anybody does their as much on drugs as the person thier watching is! stressed dont do drugs, they are all bad for u! evil  

midnightowl5

shicklaus123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:46 pm
in my opinion it does not matter if any drug is illegal because if people want to use it no matter if its legal or not they will still do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:36 pm
well i think it should be legalized but only for medical uses.  

tinkerbellgirl999

RoboJesus420

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:11 pm
Sheer_Immortal
I have never heard of someone ODing on weed and dying. 0.o

Thats because its technically impossible to do so, unless you are some kind of super pothead. I've tried it and I passed out before I got even remotely close. In order to OD on weed you must smoke at least your body weight. Beside the fact that its pretty much physically impossible and that you will definately be assed out by the 10th pound, there are psychological factors you have to take into account. After massive amounts of weed, you will not even want to smoke anymore. One of the main problems I see is that after a while there isn't a point to smoking any further, another thing I know very well from experience.

As for the whole legalization debate, there is no conspiracy. The majority of politicians are people who think that weed is actually bad for you. Its only a matter of time before more intelligent people get voted into office. The second argument is the socio-economic impact on the country. Its all a matter of opinion on the social impact, but the economic debate is all over the place. When, weed is legal, it will be treated just as tobacco is. They will sell it in packs of joints, like cigarettes or in packs like they do for pipe tobacco. Pricing, at first, will be like tobacco and as the demand increases, it will shoot up to inconceivable numbers.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. I don't get hassled by the cops for it. The only difficulty I have is finding a good dealer.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:04 pm
Honestly, I wonder this myself, cigarettes are legal, yet pot isn't. Cigarettes kill heaps of people yet it is still legal, atleast with pot you can enjoy destroying your respitory system. Anyway, pot can be garden grown there are no risks to making it unlike other drugs such as meth,speed,herroin etc.  

Pirate-Wolfe

RoboJesus420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:31 am
Pirate-Wolfe
Honestly, I wonder this myself, cigarettes are legal, yet pot isn't. Cigarettes kill heaps of people yet it is still legal, atleast with pot you can enjoy destroying your respitory system. Anyway, pot can be garden grown there are no risks to making it unlike other drugs such as meth,speed,herroin etc.

Pot alone isn't what damages your respritory system. Its more of the resin that you inhale along with smoke. You also inhale all kinds of crap that is harmful. Supposedly, bong smokers have less problems from weed because all of the nasty crap is filtered through the water.

All that aside, this subject is still open for debate, but cigarettes are definately worse for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:46 pm
I don't do drugs, but I think pot should be legalized.
Yeah, I said it.

Why? Same way smoking is. There are so many people out there who smoke pot, like cigarettes, and unless you're having a grow-op or are caught with few pounds of it, the police don't care if they find you with it. They really don't, they just give you a warning, like that will stop anyone.

If they do legalize it, people will decide openly whether they want to use it or not, like smoking. And most people don't smoke anyways, about 70% don't. I don't expect people would be so different about marijuana. And if it is legalized, the government can set rules and regulations for how it's made, like maybe putting filters on it. Since so many people use pot anyways, they might as well be semi-protected from some of its harm.

Venused

LordRyan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:39 pm
The only reason weed aint legal is cuz the government hasnt thought of a way to make money off it  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:50 am
i dunno mabye because they want to kill off more than half the population to reduce earth's load  

aliendawgg

The Lone Nut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:33 pm
They don't need to tax legal drugs. They already run the prices through the roof for them and the drug companies give money to politicians and run adds mesmerizing ppl. The major drug companies also offer top of the line benefits to doctors who prescribe certain brands of medicine that cost more. No joke. Had a friend who telemarketed doctors offering cars, cruises, vacation packs, golf club memberships, etc. It's illegal for drug companies to bribe medical practices with money but sadly it's a legal loophole to offer any variety of big item bribes. Therefore noone's gonna just let it be legal and lose all that money on something that works better, has fewer negative side effects, costs less, and can be produced on simple dirt. I guess that could be considered conspiratory but it doesn't seem to have a chance to change until a depression hits or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:20 pm
elemanic67
quote="Archarion"]
the reason the drugs are unlegalized is because the way they make you act, feel, and because they kill faster than the drugs that are legalized

You're, horribly, wrong on this. It is FACT that Alcohol and Cigarette related deaths WAY outnumber the amount of deaths caused by smoking marijuana. And, these drugs are legal.

B e l a c
I peresonally think that alcohol and tobacco should be made illegal if pot is illegal. alcohol and tabacco cause more deaths and illness and all kinds of other problems.

Generally speaking, yes, I think alcohol and tobacco should be illegal if marijuana is illegal. But, then that brings up another point. The Government DID make alcohol illegal for a time, but then that caused rioting and the creation of "The Mob." When you bring in the factor of making alcohol and tobacco products illegal, you get the same situation that you have now with marijuana. You get Al Capone all over again. Even now, there are modern days Al Capones, but we term them in this day and age as "drug dealers."

RoboJesus420

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. I don't get hassled by the cops for it. The only difficulty I have is finding a good dealer.

LOL. Being a pot smoker, I wholeheartedly agree! +1 lol  

Oashin

JoeyRay Smith51

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:48 am
Only for medical conditions so those who use it get some relief from what aills them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:30 pm
Oashin
elemanic67
quote="Archarion"]

You're, horribly, wrong on this. It is FACT that Alcohol and Cigarette related deaths WAY outnumber the amount of deaths caused by smoking marijuana. And, these drugs are legal.

you have to be careful when saying things like that, i'd like to see your stats. Fact is that more people smoke cigarettes and drink, and more people are willing to admit to it, than those that smoke marijuana so deaths caused by marijuana may be under-represented and under reported because either people are afraid to admit that yes they smoke it, so the stats wont include these people, or because fewer people smoke marijuana, making the people who are included in your stats not representative of the whole population of marijuana smokers  

Iconised Ghost

Egyptian Beatdown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:43 pm
User Image
vote for Ron Paul! His views are to legalize it! mrgreen
User Image  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers