Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
POT!! Thats right i have an argument! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should cannabis be legalized?
  Absolutely! Gimme gimme gimme....
  Only for medical uses.
  NO WAI!
View Results

Number Xlll

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:47 pm
JoeyRay Smith51
Only for medical conditions so those who use it get some relief from what aills them.

Oh please, thats only if anything is ailing them at all.You bribe a doctor or flat out lie about having panic attacks all the time or any kind of severe pain and he'll write you up a handy dandy prescription for marijuana or one of many other narcotics to "help".But why even bother with anything like that....we have over the counter narcotics like nyquil for fast and easy access.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 pm
Number Xlll
JoeyRay Smith51
Only for medical conditions so those who use it get some relief from what aills them.

Oh please, thats only if anything is ailing them at all.You bribe a doctor or flat out lie about having panic attacks all the time or any kind of severe pain and he'll write you up a handy dandy prescription for marijuana or one of many other narcotics to "help".But why even bother with anything like that....we have over the counter narcotics like nyquil for fast and easy access.

Well i guess that you would have the same reasoning behind it as any other drug- even though some will abuse it, some (hopefully a greater number) will benefit from it  

Iconised Ghost

Number Xlll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm
Iconised Ghost
Number Xlll
JoeyRay Smith51

Well i guess that you would have the same reasoning behind it as any other drug- even though some will abuse it, some (hopefully a greater number) will benefit from it

I think that drugs can be used to help i just can't stand the fact that a person fresh out of rehab can go into a hospital(lying or telling the truth)and then the doctor look at his chart for two seconds then the first meds he suggests are all narcotics.....if he is lying he can get his fix right then and there and if he is telling the truth does he really need the added temptation ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:59 pm
well then thats a fault in the system, if peopel can do that. I think that it would be ok to legalise it for medical purposes, as long as the right procedures were in place. Same with other controlled drugs  

First Pancake

loving_sorrow

Anxious Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:50 pm
There would be way to many rules that went with the legalization of cannabis. And besides not all the effects of blazin are good, so the death rate would probably go up considering how stupid people are.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:32 am
well not all the effects of panadol and neurofen are good, but you can buy those over the counter  

Iconised Ghost

loving_sorrow

Anxious Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:38 pm
Simple. Because the gov't hates us stoners. It's a fact. They think we're hippies. ANYWAY, if you have ever hung out with people that blaze, you'll know that they are the laziest people ever. No stoner wants to get up to do anything... not to even go to the bathroom. So I doubt they would drive. Those rare cases.... yes. But in most cases.... no.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:43 am
I think the other drugs should be banned. Drug-addictive and poisnious- you get addicted- you die. So if that happened to all of the population...  

cupcakefart

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:52 pm
every987
I think the other drugs should be banned. Drug-addictive and poisnious- you get addicted- you die. So if that happened to all of the population...

...then tthey would all deserve to die for being so damn stupid in the first place? Murphey's law in action wink unfortunately they'll probably live long enough to reproduce  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:14 pm
People are hypocritical like that. It's just the way we are.  

Dark King Treble

animalia02

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 am
I have to agree with many others. It is about money. They keep it going so they can get money.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:01 am
Archarion
ok! my question-if u dare reply: Why the hell is pot illegal when other drugs such as syllvia, and drugs that can kill you is not? is it just a huge conspiracy in which the government means to lesson the population on earth because were growing too fast? or is it something stupid like the taxing thing? i want ur personal opinion..

DatBoiAlex10

Sir Merlot

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:08 pm
Well, I know a lot about this topic, cause I live in Colombia and I know about the history of the drugs in my country and the acts from the government in relation to this.

To understand this topic, we must know the origin of the drugs. As most of you know, drugs like the marijuana, cocaine and heroine came from natural origin. The cannabis, the coke plant and the "poppy", respectively, are cultivated and processed to produce these drugs, all of them have a high grade of addiction. These drugs are illegally exported to other countries (USA and Spain, for example). Due to their high grade of addiction, it results a good business for the bosses, the 'capos'. Like in Scarface, a simple guy can end in a ultra rich capo with their army of drug dealers (cases like Pablo Escobar and the Rodriguez Brothers in Colombia and Al Capone in USA). In Colombia, for example, there have been doing a lot of operations to destroy the guerrilla's drug laboratories, coke and confiscating huge loads of drugs. Obviously, they spend lot of money in this.
Now, if the government can get money from this drug business it will get more than its year average incomes (legally), which can mean a good economical benefit for the country. But that isn't all. I think this won't help to decrease the drug traffic. If the drug producer country has legalized the drugs and tax them, they can receive considerables incomes from the consumers countries. But, this don't finish here, due to the addiction of these drugs and the good business, there can be some "independent producers" which can produce their own load of drugs and sending to the consumers, forming the 'capos' again, but this time is legal. But I know some of you will think "well, the government can confiscate the crops and laboratories, that simple!", but there can be a lot of secret laboratories and crops which won't be easy to find, because the government won't spend money on these searches and confiscations (trust me, if the traders had invented a lot of manners to send the drug to the destination, they can invent a wise manner to send them among the "legal" ones).
But maybe you can also think "but what's the problem with that? the tobacco and the alcohol have been legalized and never present this", well, as I said before (many times... stare ), this drug (marijuana, cocaine, heroin, whatever...) has a high grade of addiction. The Alcohol and the tobacco have a smaller grade of addiction, besides, there have been cigarette and Alcohol companies which have privatized the production of these drugs, defaming the home-made ones (adulterated). Which can be another case...

*There can be that the drug production (let's say marijuana production) is privatized by a company (let's say Dont-worry-be-hippie.inc). In that case, Dont-worry-be-hippie.inc will work to have the better quality for its products. And (let's face it...) one of the countries which the world highest grade ever regitred of quality of cannabis was Colombia (before we they past to Cocaine... crying ), so the most probably location of one of their main industries will be there. Other companies can surge too to compete for the business (le'ts say Piss-and-drug.ltd) rising the economy for the cannabis.
This can be also significant for the different governments due to the globalization (look at Mc. Donalds and Coca Cola, for example), because, as Annie Leonard said in her video "The Story of the Stuff" at www.storyofstuff.com, the corporations control the 51% of the global economy (I would like to talk how this affect the government, but better see the video at the first... tired fingers sweatdrop ). So, by just privatizating this business of the vice, the whole economy will be affected to this corporations and will see another products like Dont-worry-be-hippie's Soup, Piss-and-drug's mart, etc...
*IMPORTANT NOTE: This last paragraph is a theory of what I think what can happen if the drugs legalizes and privatizes, obviously, ONLY IN THE ECONOMICAL POINT.

ufffff... *press submit*

My fingers hurt....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:08 am
i'm for decriminalisation as opposed to legalising it.  

deja nous

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces