Pikachu
  Roy
  Marth
  Zelda/Sheik
  One not listed here
View Results

Altae

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:56 pm
Yeah, this sub-forum needs a thread to express the awesomeness that is SSB and SSBM. The original SSB on the N64 was the first game that I could ever beat my little brother on, and I still claim to kick his a** on SSBM. My favorite character on the original one was Link, but on SSBM, I prefer to use Samus or Marth, depending on whether it's a all-out-melee or a one-on-one match.

So, any comments or stories you'd like to share?  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:18 pm
Plenty of stuff to say about Super Smash Bros Melee, possibly the funnest game I've ever seen. (Replay value is through the roof!) First, my favorite character is... Jigglypuff! Hurray!

Now, a funny thing I did with Jigglypuff... when its shield breaks, you know Jigglypuff flies straight into the sky... instant KO, right? Well, at some point I had decided that because it involves incredibly fast vertical movement that there had to be a good use for it in a speedrun. After playing around for a little while, I discovered that there was, indeed, a good place to use it; Adventure Mode in the escape minigame just after fighting Samus! 'Tis funny. It was used in the currently-published Very Easy mode speedrun on Speed Demos Archive (can't remember the name of the guy who did it but he gave me, Gigafrost, credit.)

Anyways, it's a very fun game, and I'm hoping there's a really good sequel coming out on the Wii. smile  

Nadian
Crew

Pulga

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:27 pm
Best move in the game is Jigglypuff's almost-instant KO, as long as the oppenent has atleast 30%. I haven't lost as Jigglypuff using that move in SSBM.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:32 am
Pulga
Best move in the game is Jigglypuff's almost-instant KO, as long as the oppenent has atleast 30%. I haven't lost as Jigglypuff using that move in SSBM.

You mean the down-B move? That's okay, but it takes some practice to nail it consistently. I can completely kick a** with her (his? its?) up-throw however. Instant-one-shot-KO on Very Easy.  

Altae

Pulga

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:54 pm
Altae
Pulga

You mean the down-B move? That's okay, but it takes some practice to nail it consistently. I can completely kick a** with her (his? its?) up-throw however. Instant-one-shot-KO on Very Easy.

I've practiced. I probably miss once in 30 tries max. And the up throw isn't that usefull againts people or higher level AI.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:00 pm
I'm great with Pikachu in the original, but I'm still trying to find my place in the new game. Both are excellent and extremely fun.  

Domo-Kun Chan

`sinita

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:46 pm
whee! i love both smash bros. games heart

i got nearly everything in the second, but i lost my memory card crying

oh, the pain...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:40 am
I like Samus and Young Link. I think Jigglypuff is the hardest character to use. She is the only character I have not beaten the target test with  

locke317

XX_Anatsu_Tenshi_XX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:46 pm
link is cool but i like playing as kirby.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:13 pm
I love Super Smash Bros, especially Melee. My favirote characters are Mario and Roy from Fire Emblem.

I can't wait to play Brawl  

evasive_warrior

Krazy-Chibi

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:29 pm
Hehe I love playing Melee, I always beat my friends as Peach O.o"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:33 pm
If this is the one I think we're talking about, my favorite character to play is Mewtwo and Pichu. I dunno why, but I'm good with those chars., and that's not saying much, lol. xd

My brother beats me every time, and the only person who's beatin him is our ten-year-old step-sister! rofl  

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Bittersweet_3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:13 pm
Oh, I adore those games. >w< I want Brawl. Now.

My favorite characters are Link and Young Link. I like Link. Can you tell? I've used him in the original and in Melee. >:3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:03 pm
I'm good with Dr. Mario. I am really excited about Super Smash Bros. Brawl. There are going to have very special powers like Mario Burning the other 3 characters. I really like Pit. He's cool  

fatal_wolf92

Vanillan

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:08 pm
for my Love.. i choose (doesnt know how to spell fer i never played) ganandorf (my bf tals about it enuf fer me to know some stuff though) XD  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff