Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
The Official Why Not Stay Away from the PS3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pulga

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:04 pm
So the PS3 costs $500 for the 20GB version, and $600 for the 60GB one. Sony stole Xbox Live's interface, and Wii's contoler idea. I don't have enough, neither does the average gamer. I refuse to buy something so expensive unless that price includes 3 games, 2 contollers, and can cook. I own both a PS1, PS2, and PS2 slim, along with my bro's PSP. I will be purchasing the Wii, which my guess will go for $250-$300. I wish I could afford a PS3, but I make minimum, and my parents wouldn't shed that much. Sony has forgotten that the people have supported them since the beginning won't be able to afford it. Not only is it expensive, but their gonna charge everyone lots more to download content. I've been ranting for a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:00 pm
Another reason not to get it is to hurt the Sony brand name. They're a bunch of... well, they and their immoral a** rape of legitimate consumers and artists alike is unforgivable. I hope there's a special place in hell for them because they're going there.

Basically, I'm complaining about the Sony rootkit fiasco. To summarize:

-Sony purposely included rootkits on some of their music CDs. Rootkits are designed to force their way into an OS, overwrite/modify key OS files, and change fundamental functionality, overall being very unsafe and unstable. They are often used to gain access to a computer against the owner's wishes, but in this case it was to disable some functionality of the CD drive. Sony should NOT be modifying somebody's machine like this

-The install EULA did not say it was to break a user's computer, only that you needed to install some software in order to play a CD, which to an uninform, average person confused would install this without fully understanding what they were doing (although to be fair I don't know the exact wording so this is definitely second-hand knowledge)

-Their initial reaction was "so?" until they realized that the average consumer would learn just how bad this bullshit was

-The rootkit also left a ******** HUGE security hole in the systems it was installed on. This was because, like most rootkits that get into an OS, it was designed to hide itself from searches, however other files could TRIVIALLY be hidden with this scheme

-Removing the rootkit once it was found sometimes destroyed the CD drivers and rendered the CD drive unusable

-This still did nothing to solve the real piracy problem and instead circumvented users' FAIR USE RIGHTS. I might consider DRM in general bad, but this CROSSES THE LINE.

Now, Sony may be made up of a bunch of different divisions and/or companies, and it might just be Sony Music being a bunch of jackasses, but the Sony Music division/company is still selling under the Sony brand name and only letting Sony execs know that this crap hurts their brand name will have the highest-ups at Sony Music even stand a chance of being disciplined. Of course, they probably won't be, and in my opinion the people who authorized for this to happen should be thrown in jail and/or fined severly.

Well, thats why I think why one shouldn't buy a PS3, anyways.  

Nadian
Crew

Altae

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:54 pm
I'm die-hard Nintendo fan anyways, so I'm sticking with NIntendo regardless.

That being said, Sony completely ripped off the Revolution's (Excuse me, the Wii's) controller. (Full article is here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705836p1.html)

Way to go, ********.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:05 pm
My God... You're serious?? $600 dollars??? Nobody has that much, especially a young gamer (take my brother who is twelve for example). People working minimum wage would have to work 75 hours to earn that... if they didn't have any other expenses! gonk

My Lord I just have to wonder what the Revolution will cost when it comes out... I'm sure it cannot be any worse. How utterly ridiculous!!  

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:08 pm
Altae
I'm die-hard Nintendo fan anyways, so I'm sticking with NIntendo regardless.

That being said, Sony completely ripped off the Revolution's (Excuse me, the Wii's) controller. (Full article is here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705836p1.html)

Way to go, ******** class="clear">

I was (and still am) a die-hard Sega fan. Sega was always ahead of their time for game systems and because of it ended up having to reform into a third-party gaming company... I remember when Sega and Nintendo were the big-time competitors. Now I find myself rooting for both as they have for the most part teamed up. I think I might go crazy if Microsoft and Sony end up as the only videogaming industry. They are too big already, too powerful and monopoly-y. It's terrible!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:11 pm
Pulga
So the PS3 costs $500 for the 20GB version, and $600 for the 60GB one.

Dude, a 60GB iPod only costs $400. I bet the system is huge and unwieldy like that dumb Xbox too.

Apple should make a videogame system and kick both Sony and Microsoft's a**. mad mad  

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150

Altae

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:41 pm
zentlair

I was (and still am) a die-hard Sega fan. Sega was always ahead of their time for game systems and because of it ended up having to reform into a third-party gaming company... I remember when Sega and Nintendo were the big-time competitors. Now I find myself rooting for both as they have for the most part teamed up. I think I might go crazy if Microsoft and Sony end up as the only videogaming industry. They are too big already, too powerful and monopoly-y. It's terrible!!

The PS2 has had some pretty awesome games, but I will just always love Nintendo. It was what I started with, and it continues to pull me back in with something new every time. They're taking a big risk with the Revolution right now, but I think it's going to turn out in their favor. Judging by the amount of third-party support they're getting, I'm probably not the only one thinking that.

And about the Revolution price, I remember hearing somewhere where it would be about 250$, but they haven't officially said it yet. I seriously doubt it be much more expensive than that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:01 pm
Altae
zentlair

The PS2 has had some pretty awesome games, but I will just always love Nintendo. It was what I started with, and it continues to pull me back in with something new every time. They're taking a big risk with the Revolution right now, but I think it's going to turn out in their favor. Judging by the amount of third-party support they're getting, I'm probably not the only one thinking that.

And about the Revolution price, I remember hearing somewhere where it would be about 250$, but they haven't officially said it yet. I seriously doubt it be much more expensive than that.

Same here. At least they are looking out for their consumers. If it is half the price like that, it will be a much greater market for them. 3nodding

Besides, it has been proven time and time again that it doesn't really matter what you sell the system for, it's the games that make the company money. With new games being $50-$60 now, a person only has to buy three or four games to equal the amount the system cost them. And they are likely to buy a lot more games than a couple, and they will be much more willing to part with their money for an awesome looking game.  

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150

Pulga

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:11 pm
Saddly, Nintendo didn't announce launch date and price for the Wii, but they did say it will be more fun, and cheap. After watching the press conferance (which is why I've been gone for about an hour) I called up EB to put myself on a list of people who will be on the preorder list first. I'm happy to say that I'm 10th on the list, which guarantees me a Wii on launch day, along with the new Zelda, Red Steel, and I'll probably get a third. All in all, it will probably cost about $400-$450 for the Wii and 3 games. Now where is Eternal Darkness 2?  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:31 pm
zentlair
I was (and still am) a die-hard Sega fan. Sega was always ahead of their time for game systems and because of it ended up having to reform into a third-party gaming company... I remember when Sega and Nintendo were the big-time competitors. Now I find myself rooting for both-

xd Same here, sis.

Yes, I'm not getting a crappy PS3 or Xbox 360, and I have SO many reasons not to get:
Why not to get a PS3:
Really expensive (Confirmed)
Crappy controller, as Sony always has had, if you ask me (Confirmed)
Rip-off (Confirmed)
Big, clunky machine (Confirmed)
Why not to get an Xbox 360:
Really expensive (Confirmed)
Likes to over-heat (Confirmed)
Has issues (Confirmed)
You have to get add-ons (Confirmed) (Sega's probably laughing their heads off about the whole "add-on" thing, God do they know that that's a HUGE mistake xd )
Big, clunky machine (Confirmed)

Okay, I could probably find more to pick on about them.
What's GOOD about these 2:
PS3:
Sonic Next-gen and other good games (Confirmed)
Xbox 360:
Awesome controller, because it's a rip-off of Dreamcast's, and that controller was REALLY good. (Confirmed)
Sonic Next-gen (Confirmed)

And last but not least:

WHY TO GET A REVOLUTION/WII:
Good games (Confirmed)
Awesome controller, if you don't like it, there IS an alternate controller that you can get that's like a normal controller (Confirmed)
Cheap (Confirmed)
Small (Confirmed)
Has old games, lots of them! (Confirmed)
It's just better in almost every way (Confirmed)

Yeeeeep. You can tell what I"m getting, huh?  

Angelic Light Blue

Pulga

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:49 pm
Since I do want to be fair for sony fan boys, i was one until i heard the price, here is how to save up money for a PS3.
http://www.destructoid.com/ready-to-drop-1000-for-a-ps3  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:41 pm
I do have one burning question though.

Y'know, after looking at the press conference for Nintendo, I noticed they didn't mention anything about the SSB game that's supposed to be the launch title for the Wii. You think with the huge success that SSBM got, they'd put it up there with LoZ: Twilight Princess and everything, right?  

Altae

Pulga

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:48 pm
Altae
I do have one burning question though.

Y'know, after looking at the press conference for Nintendo, I noticed they didn't mention anything about the SSB game that's supposed to be the launch title for the Wii. You think with the huge success that SSBM got, they'd put it up there with LoZ: Twilight Princess and everything, right?

They want to keep it a secret as to how it will be played. My guess is you will actually be able to "smash" people in this game similar to Red Steel's sword movements.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:46 am
Pulga
Since I do want to be fair for sony fan boys, i was one until i heard the price, here is how to save up money for a PS3.
http://www.destructoid.com/ready-to-drop-1000-for-a-ps3

rofl rofl

I totally laughed my a** off on that one. 3nodding

Kwanzaa... hahaha.  

zentlair

Vice Captain

Dedicated Gaian

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:33 am
I would not buy a ps3 as sony have allways overrated the power of their consoles and there online service for the ps2 is a joke  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff