Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Multiple Realities Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Multiple Realities?
  There has to be
  No i do not think so
  your doolally
  pollwhore
View Results

o0o_m_i_k_e_y_o0o

Dapper Gaian

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:26 pm
Ok Guys have you ever seen the film with jet li called the one?

If not its a film about multiple realities / worlds

do you believe that this could be true or not?

say that your having bad luck in this world

and there is another you having the best time in the world he/shes rich has a model for a partner 6 mistresess or is a mistress to 6 different guys and such

i believe that its true and when we die rather than going to heaven or hell we go to a different reality and start all over again experiencing a different reality opposite or neutral to the one that we are living now  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:48 am
First time I've ever seen this idea, was in South Park. xd

Honestly, no I don't believe in it... But I do believe in reincarnation.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:39 am
There is different realms there has to be, i believe you go on to whereever you want to go. If that be heaven or hell or some ramdon planet where we have big green octopus's walking around there is something more out there. eek eek  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:31 pm
I don't believe there are multiple realities, ie., me in another world living a different life than I am, either better or worse off. Someone that looks like me in different circumstances is not me, because our circumstances create us. We are what we have been and what we have experienced, so to speak, and another reality with different experiences...I just don't think that's possible. (Regardless of Piers Anthony and his Adept series.)

On the other hand, I do believe that there are multiple dimensions that we cannot experience. I do believe that there are beings that we cannot see that walk these dimensions; and there's a possibility that heaven, or hell, can exist there. Scientists have proven that there are many more dimensions than the four that we can experience (height, width, depth and time). The number of dimensions varies between 16 and 26, depending on the particular theory and scientist you are working with. The most widely known and acceepted is called Superstring Theory, of which I cannot accurately and easily quote here.

For an indepth explanation of this theory and its accompanying phenomena, see the program The Elegant Universe put together by Nova. You can watch it here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html. This is the best program I've found to explain a very complex and almost mind-blowing concept.  

Mara_Brightwing

o0o_m_i_k_e_y_o0o

Dapper Gaian

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:44 pm
hmm i still think there is multiple realities because if you think about it all the different decisions in life that you make or dont make

all have to branch off somewhere i think that everyone has an unlimited life because every decision leads somewhere different from the moment you are born  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:42 pm
By definition (check dictionary.com - it's under the second block of definitions), the universe is "everything that exists anywhere."

Every choice that we have to make creates at least two possibilities - the results of the option we chose and the one(s) we didn't.

These possibilies and results, therefore, exist. On this planet, in this dimension, only the results of the option we chose exist. The others, then, have to be somewhere else in the universe.  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:46 pm
Well i believe in different dimensions definately because with certain crafts there is different stepping stones onto higher knowledge. Ie when meditating some believe that you can move on to higher platforms and different dimensions.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:30 am
*cheers Sheer_Immortal on!!*

as for me, well, I should say that I don't know how it couldn't exist, but I'm certainly glad we can't manipulate it. I'm the type that would save people at my own expense, so I'd use my life going back over and over again a la butterfly effect trying to save people, most likely only to screw things up worse!! lol. since we don't know, i believe we're just going to have to make the best of what we do here and now. but that's just me.  

chibishan

Bjovulf

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:58 am
I believe in multiple realities.. along with wormholes, the wormhole thing can explain the Loch Ness monster, and the disappearing socks... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:10 pm
o0o_m_i_k_e_y_o0o
Ok Guys have you ever seen the film with jet li called the one?

If not its a film about multiple realities / worlds

do you believe that this could be true or not?

say that your having bad luck in this world

and there is another you having the best time in the world he/shes rich has a model for a partner 6 mistresess or is a mistress to 6 different guys and such

i believe that its true and when we die rather than going to heaven or hell we go to a different reality and start all over again experiencing a different reality opposite or neutral to the one that we are living now

anythings possible. ive seen some crazy things to beleive in alot! it helps if ur an open mided person as well and dont delude urself into thinking there cant be other possibilities out there.  

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100

tala simon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:08 am
it could be true.
i believe in different worlds.
why not.
the only question is,how do i get there. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:39 am
I've often thought about that. My version is a little different though. My idea is that we have died many times in our lifetime, but everytime that we do die, it creates another reality, and we continues down along that path until we die again and it splits again.

Well, it's either that or that we are already almost dead, and what we think of as life is nothing but our memeories being replayed, like when they say your whole life flashes before your eyes, well, this is what it is.  

tsukasa567

Phantom-Deks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:41 pm
personally, yes, i believe there is more than one 'reality' but then who's to say that schitzophrenics aren't seeing the real thing, eh?

ive had this discussion with a friend of mine, and basically the out come of it was:
if the people who think that a 'God' does exist, and he does, then my bad.
if those who believe that nothing exists, then oops, ^ ^ their bad.
if people who think reincarnation is right, and it is, then... yeah... some other people are wrong...
etc etc, so on and so forth.

its like making bets on a rolling dice, there are 6 numbers it could land on, pick which ever one makes you feel safest.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:32 pm
i'd say its quite possible 3nodding  

elemanic67

gtgtfgjhm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:36 pm
Goddess Ace
First time I've ever seen this idea, was in South Park. xd

Honestly, no I don't believe in it... But I do believe in reincarnation.

I too believe in reincarnation but i do believe in another world just not as you think it. Like maybe somehwhere theres a portal or vortex that leads to another dimension. I always wish that i'd run into that portal...but i'd also want there to be a portal back so im not stuck there forever.....  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff