Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Smoking in skool Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smoke in skool!?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Zahara_90

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:50 am
What do you think about being able to smoke in skools  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:53 am
I know the legal age is 16 but people are going to smoke in skool no matter their age, so i think an area in skools should be designated for people to go and smoke in where they can be monitered and if they are caught out side that area then they should be punished.
p.s i don't smoke and never have and never will but this is a big issue in my skool and i wanted to get others views on it  

Zahara_90

Mara_Brightwing

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:39 am
Given that there are FEDERAL laws governing smoking in governmentally funded buildings, I think that since schools fit that criteria (most, if not all, receive federal funding if they are a public school), there should be no smoking in schools just as there is no smoking in most courthouses. I do not think that there should be designated areas for smoking, given that the majority of children in schools are below the legal age. I do not believe teachers should even be smoking in their lounge away from the children.

You state that it is legal in your state to buy cigarettes at the age of 16; I would be interested to know what state that is, because most states in the US prohibit the sale and use of tobacco products by anyone under the age of 18.

Those states include (according to the State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues Report, {SLATI} by the American Lung Association):
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

In other words, 45 out of the 50 states.

See http://slati.lungusa.org/reports/SLATI_05.pdf for more information.

By the way...it's spelled S-C-H-O-O-L.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:57 am
Maybe it was slang... you spell it "Old skool!" and "New skool!", its a term in rap battles.  

Bjovulf

alex hammock

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:55 pm
i say no you should not be able to smoke in school if we are talking about cig's domokun .  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:30 pm
I know both high school's I went to had designated smoking areas until the 18 and over law was passed. And then only seniors had that privelege. I see no problem with it besides that now its against the law.  

Sadyenya

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:45 pm
I think smoking should be illegal altogether.

It's pointless, a waste of money, and slowing puts you to a permenant sleep.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:12 pm
Smokin is nasty!!! domokun But that is just my point of veiw.  

MatsuTsuko

Aitoyoru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:37 pm
MatsuTsuko
Smokin is nasty!!! domokun But that is just my point of veiw.

Right on.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:31 am
Smoking is nasty and I wish anyone caught smoking on school property recieve a ST5. The school bathrooms stink of cigarettes, smoking should not be allowed anywhere in school.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:38 pm
Zahara_90
What do you think about being able to smoke in skools

Goodness i could go on forever explaining how stupid that would be...Health violations for once! and im shure theirs a fire code in there too... but thats just the tip of the iceburg!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:41 pm
Goddess Ace
Smoking is nasty and I wish anyone caught smoking on school property recieve a ST5. The school bathrooms stink of cigarettes, smoking should not be allowed anywhere in school.

smoking IS nasty.. its just a bunch of death sticks that cause pain. and it reeks! its soo grose! YUCK! especially when you get chain smokers sitting right by you and theyre too damn lazy to wash their filthy smoke stained clothes and so u are forced to take in the stench of rotting ciggerets and copper. smokers just spoil the air we breath.  

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100

ShioriKisaragi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:00 pm
Artanus
I think smoking should be illegal altogether.

It's pointless, a waste of money, and slowing puts you to a permenant sleep.
I agree with that compleatly  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:20 am
isn't the legal age 18?/

i think smoking in schools isn;t gonna stop, to tell the truth. in our school, the teachers all say they;re firmly against it, yet everyone knows exactly where the smokers go, same with the druggies. they all go get high and smoke and whatever in the same little area right insdide the woods- teachers pass them as they walk by during lunch, they smell of smoke, etc. some even smoke right in front of everyone, when busses drive by, w/e. and still it doesn't stop.

and personally, if you're gonna do that, your choice. but it's a damn selfish thing to do, especially if you have a loving family. smoking kills, so are you gonna leave your loved ones alone, feeling guilty cuz they didnt stop you?  

-Beyo the Flower Ninja-

Lifeblast

Profitable Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:40 am
yeah i dont think people should be smokeing in schools because what about second hand smoke damange  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff