Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Have you ever been in love before? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you/are you in love?
  Yeah
  nah.
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:15 pm
any love is love, regardless of what people think we know the difference from love and lust. I'm in love yes i'm engaged to him, i lust him yes but not all the time, all the rest of the time i love him deeply that he is in my waking moments and i suppose my sleeping too if i could remember them, you dont have to be a certain age to experience love as long as you have a heart and feelings anyone can.

Before i use to think i would never be with someone, never have someone who treated me right or made me feel love and then i met mikey and the whole world was pulled from under my feet, i left my parents and family 300 miles away, left my animals, my job for a new one in eastboune, left my nans grave, my friends everything i had i left behind... for him and do i regret it?

not for a second, i can feel what is real im old enough to know what is love and lust, real and a over active imagination.

An for those that have online relationships dont let people put you down or make you think twice love can happen anyway on the net, on a train or even up a mountain.. i met mikey online and look where we are right now, engaged, living together and actually making it work. smile

(this is being moved to serious discussions once people have seen this, it is more suited there)  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:48 pm
Two pennies from someone that's been around the block a time or two...

I've been married now seventeen and a half years. Before I met my husband, I was engaged twice; one of those times I was left almost practically at the altar. I can't even remember all the boyfriends I had before those three relationships. I was always in love with the idea of being in love.

But love isn't the fireworks or the attraction or the oh-I-just-have-to-sex-this-man/woman-right-now-or-I'll-die. Real love is commitment. Real love is learned, not felt. Real love is when you know you could kill him with your bare hands...but you could never, ever leave him.

Real love is support and caring and giving a damn about someone else besides your own selfish wants. Real love never, ever lets you go. It may not be hot like fireworks, but it is warm and comfortable, like a pair of jeans that fits you just right.

Eighteen years ago, I fell in lust in a rebound. And over time...I have fallen in love again, and again, and again, each time deeper, each time sweeter, each time warmer. heart  

Mara_Brightwing

Princess of Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:30 pm
I've been inlove before..

Engaged for 2 and half year's with someone I had never been with in person before.

Now, I'm engaged with Chris, whom I've been with for a 15 months tomarrow.

But I wanna be inlove and engaged with someone named Evan, alas, he found love else where.

So, do you settle for love?
Or seek it in higher places?
confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:17 pm
I am in love right now. I have been dating this girl for a year now and i truly love her with all my heart. She is the love of my life i dont know what i would do without her crying .  

MatsuTsuko

Musei Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:24 pm
Gyokutei
Love, first kisses... heh. It's not what it's cracked up to be, nor is it like the movie kind of love.

At least, for me it's never been. And this is coming from a person who's been in a few relationships and thought a few things. Maybe I'm just being bitter and cynical, or maybe I'm seeing the world for what it truly is, and just how much into the human psyche we've tried to convince ourselves of things.

Love is nothing. It doesn't exist short of anything aside a chemical reaction within the brain. Sadly and truly that's all there is to it. I'm not saying nobody is capable of "loving", I'm not saying that at all. But what I am saying is that "love", as it is portrayed in Romance novels, in movies... in plays.

It's bullshit and it doesn't exist. I never saved a first kiss. I dislike all kisses because I loathe the cold and wet feeling of lips, or the wetness in general. Maybe it's just me who's weird.

Eh, blah. I'm saying all the wrong things, aren't I? Anyway, that's a partial bit of a very long two cent answer I could get in to. In short, I wouldn't try to go expecting too much out of anything. Love is something that simply doesn't happen like that; at least, not for me it hasn't, nor should I imagine my brain would ever allow the chemicals to line up that way.

... I think, I'm going to go to bed now. Been a very long day. neutral

i feel bad for people like you. manly because I used to be that person! Hated everything love! Valentines day~what crap! its a business for the card people~ excetra...
and before i go on with my story i have to say that love- true love happens only once in a millenia. its not lust, its love. i say that because when i was a kid (before i even relized their was an opposite sex) a person walked into my life and i swear i hit puberty. my stomach got all fluttery, i forgot to breath. i didnt think about sex cause i didnt know anything about it. i herd bell literaly. and i couldnt speak right. it left me dumb founded and speaking like a fool. That person didnt even notice me anyway. i would act normal to everyone else even crushes~ id be real cool about it. but everytime that person came by id loose all sence~ id blush and id even forget my own name. what else could that be but love? the years passed still and finally a miricle happened and we started dating... it was unconditional love. i wanted to do everything and give everything i had ~the only thing to describe it is that we were soul mates. at least that person was mine.
But u know nothing i can say will change ur mind, untill youve experienced love yourself. if your lucky to experience it first hand. but i do warn you, love makes you blind. dont ever change who you are for them because it doesnt make anything better. just because your in love doesnt give you the right to be stupid.  

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100

Archarion

Romantic Heckler

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:25 pm
... thats about it.. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:52 pm
Archarion, i agree with you. At first, i thought love was stupid but when i experianced it myself....everything felt real. Like, all of my senses enlightened... i could see more clearly, every touch and sound was more sensable, and i was truely happy. I fell in true love, and yes, it only happens once in a million years for one person =P
tho, now i'm out of that relationship XD i can't say it was pointless or regretful...it... just didn't work out cuz we kept doubting each other and that pretty much killed everything. Tho, I really just want to fall in love again.

Gyokutei... i'm not gonna say what you're thinking is wrong. I sort of respect your remarks, tho, you haven't lived your life to the fullest. You've only seen one side =/ It's really kinda pissing me off =/ sorry we don't share the same opinions  

taru cha

FireGirl47

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:26 pm
There is more than just one kind of love you know. As well as the romantic type, don't forget the ever important friendship love, more popular between girls and girls rather than boys and girls, but regardless, I've found an amazing friend in a girl... heart
Friends'll be there if your romance doesn't work out, but your romance might not be there if your friends don't work out.
My best friend, also a Gaia member, is someone I truly love. She wrote a letter to me and gave me a possession of hers that was important to her. Because I know how important to her it was, I know she loves me back, and holding it makes me feel like I'm holding her. I've been there for her when she's gone through troubles, she's been there for me, and I know I'm not going anywhere without her just yet.

As for romantic love, I can't say I've really experienced anything more than crushes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:31 pm
I have to say this topic creates a twinge of pain for. I've spent my whole life looking for Mr. Right, always in fear that I would never find him. The thing is, I always found Mr. Right Now. I acted like I was okay with having sex and them being ignorant because I was so desperate to find the one.

Now, I'm 18 years old with a possible STD (it's late and I'm feeling truthful) and single all because I was dumb and thought I was looking for love, when I was getting back was temporary lust.

The funny thing is, everyone else in my family had found the person they married by my age. I guess that's why I thought the pressure was on.

I can tell you one thing. If I find out I do have a "problem", I'll never tell him. He broke my heart and I hope it rots off before he realizes something was wrong. Love, lust, and everything that goes along with it has ruined part of my life.

Anyway, that's my take on love. heart biggrin

PS: Please don't comment on the illness or anything. I know I made a dumb decision, and I don't need to be lectured by random people. Thanks.  

Necro Queen

Liberal Bloodsucker

Meg`

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:29 pm
Good for you! Saving that first kiss for someone special is great. I did, but it was the wrong special someone. i now have a wonderful b/f, Cameron. We adore eachother and are going to spend the rest of our lives together. 3nodding Yound love is great heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:29 pm
Love is totally something you have to experince for yourself or you wont understad it at all. once i thought I was in love but I relize that i was only looking for someone that would except me for who I am. But now, of course, I am in love and when ever I'm around her I can't help but feel happy or I can't help but laugh. Whenever I'm around her I feel like i can do anything. Like I'm Super Man only with out super powers. Sure i may only be 14 but I know what love is and I know that i'm in it too.  

Green Dragon Rider

Dapper Gaian

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Guardian_Angel_Alexial

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:55 pm
ye si have been in love regretfully got hurt out of it as did a good friend of mine but as people say its not all cracked up to be to me that is wrong love is what you make of it if you want a relationship filled with fiery passion you make it so if you want a partner who is a listner you talk to them an if you realise there not listning you ask whats up but yeah ive been in love an still am with someone  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:02 pm
I have never been in love. I'm just waiting patiently. I have time.  

Kandieren

GAME 0VER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:55 pm

it's good to save first kiss.
I'm in love though, I got lucky ^______^

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items