Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Hating your fellow person still? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate those equal to you?
Yes of course I'm better than you! ( thiss also mean you're a complete d**k))
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
No I love every one even if you're different than me. ((If you like this I'll be your friend))
83%
 83%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 61

aigyounushi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:36 pm
Ok I just finished reporting a thread that was filled with nothing but racism and hating. I mean the name of it was "How do you catch gay?" I mean they talk like it's a sickness or disease. And it's just so. . . it just pisses me off that so many peaple are still like this. So please tell me, what the hell is wrong with being gay, bi, black, or anything else different than you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:57 pm
Humans are a nasty bunch, and will segregate and marginalize no matter what the conditions are. In the absence of racial barriers in parts of Africa, people discriminate based on socio-economic status and tribal lines, along with gender and sexual orientation. In India, a caste system is still in effect, separating people from birth.

In short, there's really nothing wrong with being different at all, but people will discriminate based on whatever they can find. It's like a version of Rule 32: "If it exists, people will separate because of it."  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Zeo Hiroboshi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:16 pm
dboyzero
Humans are a nasty bunch
Humans is a rather hateful word nowdays. In itself, it's saying another type of discrimination. In all honesty certain people work better here. ((Sorry, I get a little upset about that word being used that way.))

But to the point, I agree in the idea that it is not wrong to be who you are. If you're gay, black, asian, alien, whatever. It's not ethically right to do such things according to most people.

However, according to certain religious texts being taken in certain ways, it is wrong. Another reason may be hatred spurred by certain events, such as violent acts or negative childhood experiences. Those are several reasons why people would thrash out in such a way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:15 am
I've never really hated anyone unless I had good reason to. People are just ignorant and stupid nowadays and I wish they'd get over that a lot of the people I know who are stereotyped are pretty cool. I'm stereotyped as emo and I don't really care anymore.  

bloodlust_angelkel

Cecil Blight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:38 am
Welcome to society. That's the way humans will always be. I will admit I am a bisexual male therefore it's hard to me say exactly what is wrong with it. In my opinion I think it's because some people just cant stand the sexual thought of the same sex or someone of a different race. There in which is the problem. The thought of being "gay" or anything of the sort automatically implys that it is sexual. I'm sure there are gay couples that arent all about sex. I know a few of em. But to the straight or "normal" man/woman it's only sex. A gay relationship can by no means mean love and simple affection such as hand holding.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:14 pm
aigyounushi
Ok I just finished reporting a thread that was filled with nothing but racism and hating. I mean the name of it was "How do you catch gay?" I mean they talk like it's a sickness or disease. And it's just so. . . it just pisses me off that so many peaple are still like this. So please tell me, what the hell is wrong with being gay, bi, black, or anything else different than you?

OH MY FREAKING GOD!
I hate people like that.
I'm bisexual, and people on that make fun of me on the bus.
I cannot tell you how engrged I am.. evil
Someday, I'll make it against the law to do things like that twisted
Even though that violates freedom of speech....
DAMN!  

Aitoyoru

Azirru(broke)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:01 am
well... we can't hide the fact that MOST people are like that.

I'm not bisexual and I'm not black. I'm an asian and I'm a Filipino. Thing is...

Most people think that if you SAY that you're a Filipino you're a sex-giver, prostitute, maid, or something that will make you feel that you're a "loser".

but still... I'm proud that I'm a Filipino.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:39 am
I'm sorry if you feel that way, life likes to make it hard on people. I dislike people making fun of another, I was made fun of at the age of 5 for being Asian. Hate in my opinion is too strong of a word, I think I only hate one thing: Bullies.

I don't care if you are gay, les, or bi, I think they are all cool even if they are different. You can't expect all people like what you like or dislike, they will be people disliking what you are or like who you are. I hope you understand my point, if not, I don't know if I can make anymore sense.

Soul of Deflection

Newbie Noob

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:50 pm
Being a different color is ok, and being bi or gay is ok too, no matter what society or religion says. And, even if it were wrong to like the opposite gender, we still shouldn't be racists.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:56 pm
aigyounushi

NOTHING!!!

i am Bi... and i dont see myself as being any different than any of my straight frinds! the way i see it, people need to grow up. society is changing, and so are the people within it. if there is someone who cant handle that, then they need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror!! evil

*takes deeps breaths and counts to ten to calm down*

Now that i have had my rant.. razz  

Malekhi

lanablaze92

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:31 pm
Its human nature.
Humans are afraid of change, and those different from themselves, why?...I cant honestly say.....
EDIT:Sometimes that fear (subconcious or not) can turn to hate....or anger and whatnot
Im straight, But i dont oppose gay, or bi -ness.....To each his/her own  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:19 am
To some people they are not like them are that is what is wrong with them. I also think that it is wrong!  

Athena_Samn

imbellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:54 am
lanablaze92
Its human nature.
Humans are afraid of change, and those different from themselves, why?...I cant honestly say.....
EDIT:Sometimes that fear (subconcious or not) can turn to hate....or anger and whatnot
Im straight, But i dont oppose gay, or bi -ness.....To each his/her own

i think your completey right. hate will never be eradicated, its human nature. a bi-product of fear  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:12 pm
I am not racist. Ijudge people by personality. 75% of the time, the persons outward apperance reflects the personality. example: if i walk into an airport and a man from the middle east walks on the plane with a gun and and plastic in his shoes, should I still be open-minded? should he be let go and an old lady strip searched? no. depending on circumstances, racial profiling isn't always racist. things aren't always black and white. political correctness has made things so wrong. today, blacks, women, bi's, gays and everyone can get into college without an application or skill. but white males have last dibs and have to get in on pure talent. there should be no "quota," everyone should have to get in on talent, people shouldn't get in just because of the color of their skin or the god they belive in.

Sorry, I had to rant at something. as a white male, society, belive it or not, is the most unfair to us. I'm not racist, I just see life how it is. I love my fellow human, black, white, gay, bi, straight, christian, jew, it doesn't matter. But if somebody tries to harm me or is trying to belittle my values, I should have the right to sock them in the face, regardless of any of the above.  

ferret321

happy_squirrel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:34 pm
It's exactly what is wrong with the world. There is always someone judging you, no matter who you are or what you do. And it is in most cases someone who knows nothing substantial about you.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff