Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Gaia Storyline & Community Discussion
Omg Gaia Battle system/Word game preview Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a loser?
  Yes.
View Results

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:54 am
I recieved a PM from Xx.Die.xX with this link:

Linkage

Well, not that link exactly, but the link to the Battlesystem video...and erm...it's probably been posted already, I dunno I haven't been as active as I used to...but it looked pretty cool, must have been filmed at the convention or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:01 am
hahaha yea i hadn't seen that one... thats awesome  

Sakura-Kyoukan

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:51 am
lol poor lanzer got owned in zee nuts  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:10 am
hehe, beat ya to it, Raiden - check out the Storyline discussion subforum wink

I'm kinda looking forward to the Word Bump game...kinda. On the one hand, it's something I'll be good at; on the other hand, I heard you can win gold from it (like earning NP from games at Neopets, I would assume), and that doesn't exactly bode well for the economy. Meh, they'll probably take that into consideration...hopefully...

I'm not as pumped about the Battle System, though. The little video they had for it doesn't even look like a demo (demo = it's coming soon); it was more like a hype-video (hype-video = keep it in people's minds; real game may or may not look anything like it). So, I think the battle dealy is still a ways off, but I thought the vid was funny ^.^  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

tsukasa567

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:25 am
Huh, where'd that show that at?

I wish that they wouldn't have gone with a Maple Story?any other MMO battle system(I just said that one because the damage numbers look like Maple's). I really woud have liked a more Final fantasy-esque battle system. Oh well, it looks cool anyways.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:33 am
tsukasa567

I wish that they wouldn't have gone with a Maple Story?any other MMO battle system(I just said that one because the damage numbers look like Maple's). I really woud have liked a more Final fantasy-esque battle system. Oh well, it looks cool anyways.
Fanime convention, I believe.

By "battle system," do you mean looks (as in, menu, damage numbers, etc.) or how the battles actually play out? Because to me, "battle system" means the background stuff - whether it's real-time or turn-based, or what skills you can use, etc. The looks is just the skin for it. 3nodding

And also, which Final Fantasy battle system are you thinking of? Most of them are quite different from one another. ^.^  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

tsukasa567

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:46 am
Sheer_Immortal
tsukasa567

Fanime convention, I believe.

By "battle system," do you mean looks (as in, menu, damage numbers, etc.) or how the battles actually play out? Because to me, "battle system" means the background stuff - whether it's real-time or turn-based, or what skills you can use, etc. The looks is just the skin for it. 3nodding

And also, which Final Fantasy battle system are you thinking of? Most of them are quite different from one another. ^.^
Yeah, I thought so as well.

By "Battle system" I meant the way they fought, I just said Maple Story because the damage marker things looked like they were from Maple. Since they didnt' show any menus I can't really base it off of that.

Well, they all technically share some elements, but I would have to say if they did use one, I would like them to use the one for 3/6.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:54 am
tsukasa567

By "Battle system" I meant the way they fought, I just said Maple Story because the damage marker things looked like they were from Maple. Since they didnt' show any menus I can't really base it off of that.

Well, they all technically share some elements, but I would have to say if they did use one, I would like them to use the one for 3/6.
So like, menu-based, turn-based depending on speed/agility, and each character has its own innate class? (am I missing anything? wink ) I ask because 6 is not one that I've played a ton.

I'd kinda like one like 5 - where you can change jobs whenever you want. And actually, say what you want about X and X-2, but the battle systems on them were pretty good too.

I can see why they'd make it a MMO-type system, though. If it were a Gaia RPG, then I'd want different characters to join my party and stuff; since it's just a battle game, then I think FF/RPG-type battle systems wouldn't really work.  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

tsukasa567

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:07 am
Sheer_Immortal
tsukasa567

So like, menu-based, turn-based depending on speed/agility, and each character has its own innate class? (am I missing anything? wink ) I ask because 6 is not one that I've played a ton.

I'd kinda like one like 5 - where you can change jobs whenever you want. And actually, say what you want about X and X-2, but the battle systems on them were pretty good too.

I can see why they'd make it a MMO-type system, though. If it were a Gaia RPG, then I'd want different characters to join my party and stuff; since it's just a battle game, then I think FF/RPG-type battle systems wouldn't really work.
No, pretty much spot on, except for the magic system in 6 is unique, or at least a little. You have to equip your summon to one of the character, and when you got into a battle and won, you would get your experience, and so would that summon for every battle you won, and when the summon leveled up, you got a new spell.

I don't think I ever played 5. I did like X's,but I wasn't really a fan of X-2.

Yeah, true, I guess I understand as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:11 am
Oh yeah, I 'member that now. Yeah, that way of getting spells was cool. FF9's ability-learning dealy was similar, too 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

IMWanderling

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:15 am
RaidenKazama
I recieved a PM from Xx.Die.xX with this link:

Linkage

Well, not that link exactly, but the link to the Battlesystem video...and erm...it's probably been posted already, I dunno I haven't been as active as I used to...but it looked pretty cool, must have been filmed at the convention or something.

I got that one too. Too cool! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:49 am
eek i will never get off word bump.....never.....i'm already addicted to that idea.... eek  

chibishan

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:53 am
it does look like a hype video. get people interested in the idea of the battlesystem again...
the bump game seems old though..didnt they have that a LONG time ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:55 am
Darthspanky
it does look like a hype video. get people interested in the idea of the battlesystem again...
They haven't ever had it in my two years of being here. They announced that there would be one about oh, a year and a half ago, but it's been kinda quite since then.  

tsukasa567

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:07 am
tsukasa567
Darthspanky
They haven't ever had it in my two years of being here. They announced that there would be one about oh, a year and a half ago, but it's been kinda quite since then.
i thought as much.. there was also some digging game that was supposedley supposed to be releaced but i was tossed becuse of the idea of it being too much like dig dug.(i beleve)  
Gaia Storyline & Community Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff