No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
Wii not? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you get a Wii? (No complaints about the name- that really doesn't count, it's the SYSTEM that we're talking about!)
Yes.
70%
 70%  [ 160 ]
Maybe.
13%
 13%  [ 30 ]
Probably not.
8%
 8%  [ 19 ]
No.
7%
 7%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 227

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This thread contains reasons that you should get the Wii AND reasons that you shouldn't.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:46 pm
Now then, let's get this started!

Reasons you should get a Wii:
arrow Cheap price.
arrow The pointing and motion-sensing capabilities, which make first-person shooters SO much better.
arrow Games that seem that they would be VERY fun to play online against a friend like Tennis.
arrow VERY good backwards compatiblity!
arrow The controller is pretty cool if you're looking for something different. Oh, and people who are obsessed with using the controller as a problem with it, well, using just the remote WOULD be annoying. But with the Nun-chuk thingy that will come WITH it, it will be just like other game-system controllers accept that you actually can stretch your arms out as far as you want from the two. So in otherwards, please, people, even fanboys, don't just say that Wii sucks. You should have a better reason than something stupid that Bill Gates came up with:
Quote:
Bill Gates stated that "moving that controller around -- it's something that's not mainstream for most games," giving an example of what might happen if someone just wanted to put the controller down but instead caused an undesired movement in a game because of the controller.

EVER HEARD OF PAUSE, BILL GATES?!? xd
Back on track now...
arrow Smaller system than the others
arrow There's a rumor that there might be a voice-chat thingy, as well as text messages.  

Angelic Light Blue

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:47 pm
Reasons you may not want to get a Wii:
arrow You may just not like the controller design, but before you go saying that you're NEVER going to get one, you should try the controller. If you still don't like it, then don't get it.
arrow The graphics are *quite* as good as PS3 or Xbox 360, but close. I can't see edges on round things anymore, lawl.
arrow The controls aren't exactly classic, which, many gamers probably won't embrace about the system- the controller that ISN'T classic.
arrow It's rumored that the controller will run on normal batteries, instead of having a rechargable pack in the controller...
arrow It's rumored that the controller will mess up under halogen lighting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:52 pm
Discuss. Complaints about the name will be ignored- not saying that it's not a slightly dumb name, but we're talking about the SYSTEM, people!

Fanboys who have come here just to say that the system sucks:

People who have stated good reasons why they won't get the Wii:

Angelic Light Blue

Buttercup Scenester

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:24 pm
You know I'm not all for this new controller, but then again there is this shell you can put over the remote that's shaped like a regular Gamecube controller, I think it's shaped like that. So if I hate the remote idea, I could just get the shell.

Nintendo games are always fun.

Cheap price. Yay. NOT 600 dollars.

And, I kinda want to have at least ONE game system from every generation, and so I guess the REVOLUTION is the one I've gotta choose. Best out of all of them.

Ohh Sega, we need you now more than ever!! crying

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:27 pm
Yeah, Wii is probably the best of the three to stick with unless you like classic gaming and have about $1000 up your sleave. (PS3 system, games, maybe a second controller, you get the point, it all adds up)
the Rad Red Echidna

Ohh Sega, we need you now more than ever!! crying

EL OH FREAKING EL. YES! blaugh  

Angelic Light Blue

Bittersweet_3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:58 pm
I'm gonna get it. ShutupI'maNintedofreak.

I'm biased, obviously. *snorts* I won't deny it. The controller does look a bit iffy to me, but I'm willing to give it a shot. 'Sides, I can't really...Afford anything else. sweatdrop I won't pay attention to the rumors until Nintendo comes up with an affirmation. Besides, I don't have halogen lighting. xD The batteries thing does suck, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:46 pm
Im definetly gonna get a Wii, its the next-gen console im most interested in, and plus im a major Nintendo fan X3  

Krazy-Chibi

Spoopy Chomper

29,675 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:07 am
The Wii is the one system I am definitely planning to get right away. And it only somewhat has to do with the fact that my gamecube is broken and I have no other way to play my GC games. sweatdrop I'm hoping I can get used to the controller, but I really don't think that will be a problem... will it? I don't know. Doesn't matter, I'm getting a Wii.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:15 pm
just the fact that Twilight princess is gonna be on it, and what is gonna happen with it makes me want a wii... ive wanted it long before alot of people did... but that realllly sold it for me. You can shield bash by moving the controller and when you fire a bow, you'll hear the sound of it firing in the controller then from the tv like its going away from you,... that alone is gonna be sweet (ill probably firing alot of arrows razz )  

Damileth

Shalalaka

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:14 pm
I want this system so much. I think that it will be fun playing older games on it  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:39 pm
Good old backwards compatibility! rofl

Yeah, it'll be fairly easy to get used to, I'm guessing. Tennis will be FUN!
Hehe, online tennis, anyone? 3nodding  

Angelic Light Blue

Damileth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:43 pm
heh, I still think it was funny at the press conference that the tennis players had all the peoples heads (shigure, iwata and reggie) on the tennis players XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:22 pm
Damileth
heh, I still think it was funny at the press conference that the tennis players had all the peoples heads (shigure, iwata and reggie) on the tennis players XD

Yeah. xd  

Angelic Light Blue

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas