Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Movies, TV, Music, and more
ERAGON the movie!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eragon
  oooooo!!(whats that)
  its cool
View Results

x_akikaze_x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:15 am
I personally have not read the book or watched the movie myself sweatdrop , but I've asked many people about the Eragon movie compared to the book, and the majority have said, if you havent read the book, it's an okay movie, but if you have read the book, the movie ruins it completely.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:08 am
I thought it sucked big time. There were waaay to many differences, and the book wasn't that great to begin with... yeah yeah a 16 wrote it, but have you noticed how much stuff he copied out of other books? It's ridiculous! I mean, come on... just because he's 16 and puts together a mish-mash of all the greatest fantasy books doesn't mean he's an amazing writer...  

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Metsu92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:54 pm
I agree with pretty much everyone in this thread. The book was good (I thought it was awesome... then I started reading slightly older books and realized it copied way too much), but the movie sucked. I mean, I've heard of creative licensing or whatever, where you change some things to make it more interesting, but dear jesus! The mere idea of condensing the story from that book into a 2-3 hour movie is crazy! I haven't read the book in a while, and even I have to say that the movie changed way too much. They didn't even do the cliffhanger at the end from the book. They made it nearly impossible to make an Eldest movie (though truth be told, I wouldn't wanna see it).
Person: "So why are you searching for this crippled hermit?"
Eragon: "I don't exactly know cause they completely ******** the movie script!"
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't nickolodeon produce this film? The stuff I've seen says that it was produced by 20th century Fox, but I could've swore Nickolodeon made it. Because I remember seeing a preveiw and going "Wow, cool! Wait... Nickoldeon... God I hope this movie doesn't blow."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:44 am
book was great, I wonder if there will be a book 3?  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

A_Man_of_23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:19 am
Movie was great but the books are just sooooooo long.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:24 pm
I think the movie sucked. The books were good, I liked 'em.  

Mice_On_Parade

shou-rong

5,650 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:19 pm
Mice_On_Parade
I think the movie sucked. The books were good, I liked 'em.

the books r so much better  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:04 am
I liked the movie. I thought it was good.  

Punk_kitty324

6,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200

Punk_kitty324

6,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 pm
I should read the book. I bet I would like it too!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:48 pm
I want the book but can't find it anywhere here :S  

dragoeni

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 am
totally booorriinnngg!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm
Love Eragon the movie!!!!! biggrin  

Xx_Zack_Aerith_Lover_xX

Fargons_Dark_Garden

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:57 am
It could have been sooooooo much better.

I hear they're making a series on disney plus. Better be good.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 4:14 pm
Fargons_Dark_Garden

I find it fascinating digging thru these old threads its like finding time capsules and being like omg ya that was big back then! I never heard of this movie! I'm into lord of the rings I'm currently going thru all the game of thrones books... on audible.. i'm busy on too many mmos to read anymore and my eyes always hurt so i freaking love audible. imma have to see if they have eragon! and you say disney plus huh? wow so it held up enough to still be around somewhat so many years later! I think that's cool!  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Fargons_Dark_Garden

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:37 am
Rydia-Beck aka Lillea
Fargons_Dark_Garden

I find it fascinating digging thru these old threads its like finding time capsules and being like omg ya that was big back then! I never heard of this movie! I'm into lord of the rings I'm currently going thru all the game of thrones books... on audible.. i'm busy on too many mmos to read anymore and my eyes always hurt so i freaking love audible. imma have to see if they have eragon! and you say disney plus huh? wow so it held up enough to still be around somewhat so many years later! I think that's cool!

Eragon was a book trilogy. That's why the movie sucked. It didn't match up with the books.
I mean. If you had never read the books then you might think it was a good movie. I was very disappointed. Very. VERY disappointed.  
Movies, TV, Music, and more

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff