Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
Dir en Grey changing for america

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Diru's new look?
  Hell no! put toshiya back in a dress damnit!!
  sellouts rule!
  pollwhores click here
View Results

Oe_Mizunagi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:08 pm
I've been a big fan of dir en grey for a while now and have noticed that they have completely changed they're style to conform to american musical trends. I think its wrong for them to completely change who they so that they'll have a larger fangroup when they do their american tour. I'm interesested to hear weather other people think they should return to being Visual Kei (dressing up like freaky goth girls) or if they should continue selling out to the american public?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:39 am
I dont never really payed much attention to looks i'm more of a person who pays attention to the music more and the lyrics so I dont really mind there new look and i'm really proud of Dir En Grey for making it on Stevens untitled rock show on FUSE. :]  

Yoshimi04

Oe_Mizunagi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:45 pm
Yoshimi04
I dont never really payed much attention to looks i'm more of a person who pays attention to the music more and the lyrics so I dont really mind there new look and i'm really proud of Dir En Grey for making it on Stevens untitled rock show on FUSE. :]
if you read the lyric translations its pretty obvios that the new songs arn't writen by kyo. Kaoru is trying to turn them into a punk band 'cause he thinks its the only way he'll make it in america. And alot of their new music is noisy and just hurts my ears after listening to their older songs  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 pm
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04
if you read the lyric translations its pretty obvios that the new songs arn't writen by kyo. Kaoru is trying to turn them into a punk band 'cause he thinks its the only way he'll make it in america. And alot of their new music is noisy and just hurts my ears after listening to their older songs

Well I do agree that they shouldn't change for the sake of american fans and that they should just be themselves. didnt the same thing happen to Miyavi....except he wasnt trying to get american fans?  

Yoshimi04

Oe_Mizunagi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:03 pm
Yoshimi04
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04

Well I do agree that they shouldn't change for the sake of american fans and that they should just be themselves. didnt the same thing happen to Miyavi....except he wasnt trying to get american fans?
I dont know, I never really got into miyavi and my friends never bitched about it lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:26 am
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04

I dont know, I never really got into miyavi and my friends never bitched about it lol

lol well yea I read some of there new lyrics and it is kinda different its easier to understand what there lyrics are about unlike before when Kyo liked useing words with double meanings and puns to make it harder to understand what his lyrics were about but the lyrics are still deep.  

Yoshimi04

Oe_Mizunagi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:39 pm
Yoshimi04
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04

lol well yea I read some of there new lyrics and it is kinda different its easier to understand what there lyrics are about unlike before when Kyo liked useing words with double meanings and puns to make it harder to understand what his lyrics were about but the lyrics are still deep.
and i dont think he would write lyrics like "wake up your dead"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:46 pm
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04
Oe_Mizunagi
Yoshimi04

and i dont think he would write lyrics like "wake up your dead"

lol yea thats true.  

Yoshimi04

JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games