Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
Gay Marriages.(sp?) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Draggon Zhao Yun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:16 pm
What are your thoughts on Gay Marriage? The only thing I ask of you guys is to try not using "gay" as an insult here. I get frustrated.

Anyways, I'd like to start this conversation off with, What happened to "Seperation of Church and State"? The Founding fathers themselves stated that, yet it seems like MOST of the people who ARE against Gay marriages are Christian, Catholic, etc. etc. They have so many moral principles, it's not funny. "Love is between a woman and a man...BLAH BLAH SHUT UP ALREADY!" I am for Gay marriages. Love is love. Plain and simple, besides, It says in the amendments, NOT to discriminate by AGE, RACE, OR GENDER. By not letting gay marriages, the government is going AGAINST the Amendments that make our government what it is. If they're to do that, who's to say I can't stop certain ethnic groups from voting?

Well, as you can see, I'm all for gay marriages. No, I'm not gay. But I'm not homophobic.

Feel free to discuss. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:43 pm
I don't like them. I don't approve of the whole "gay lifestyle" idea, either. I don't like it, I don't want to be around it, but I will tolerate it when need be.  

[Cesar]

cherry haterade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:56 pm
Well first of all church and state has never been seperated, don't be so ignorant as to say it is supposed to be seperated either. Technically it says they are but the church is so god damn powerful the can pretty much get whatever they want.

AS for gay marriages, I am not against it. Gay people don't really both me at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:34 pm
I think it is gay and I dont think gay people should be allowed to marry  

DanPro05

Little Draggon Zhao Yun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:39 pm
videogamesupermaster
I think it is gay and I dont think gay people should be allowed to marry

And why is that? Please explain.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:49 pm
because it is not right and if they have kids some how then there kids will be gay and then we will have a real problem  

DanPro05

Little Draggon Zhao Yun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:51 pm
videogamesupermaster
because it is not right and if they have kids some how then there kids will be gay and then we will have a real problem

=| Why isn't it right? C'mon. Think of something more intelligent. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:02 pm
I'm all for gay marriages!! If you love someone, it shouldn't matter if they're the same gender, race, religion or anything different. Many people say that God didn't create 2 men or 2 women first for a reason, but then why do people still have the feelings of love for the opposite gender? I actually look up to many gays and lesbians because they have the courage to not care what people say about them and their lovers.

PS: I'm not a lesbian. Just clearing it up. No offense to anybody. sweatdrop  

Tassa

SamTheBlob

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:12 pm
videogamesupermaster

i just want to say thats not true  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:18 pm
i know plenty of kids my age that have same sex parents, their straight i used to be gay....... long story anyways I'm definatly up for gay marriages they have rights just like me and you if they love some one then let them be married... its their chioce their right..... hating gays is just like ahting blacks, or jews... ect. Would it be fair to stop you from marrying some one you love no.. then why pick on them?  

SamTheBlob

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

WaresTheBeef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:51 pm
Marriage is was something that started off in religious rituals, so in all reality the government has no control on making it legal or illegal to do so based on the whole church and state separation but like Oblivion said the church is so powerful they can do whatever they want, which is kinda true. However I don't want to see it get to the point where gay couples are suing churches because they won't marry them when it's the church's right to refuse. In all reality in government document they shouldn’t refer to the joining of a two people as marriage they should form a new term that doesn’t involve the church once so ever. I don't care if you gay just don't annoy me.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:06 pm
I'll agree with the guy above me, which has been my opinion all along. Marriage as a religous ceremony can and should be as exclusive as it wants to be. They're toting a set of morals here, and even if I don't believe in them they have the right to, and enforce them. The government doesn't get in the way of many other religous rituals, so why should it do so with marriage? In fact, I know some native rituals that are even exempt from the country's drug laws, and if we were going to force our equal rights movement on the church, then we should force our war against drugs on their religion.

But that's ridiculous.

But that doesn't mean I think we should ban gay marriage. It means that we should take our hands out of marriage all together.

I do, however, believe a gay couple has every right to the same benefits as a straight couple. This is where civil unions come in. Civil unions, in theory should contain all the same perks that a government "marriage" should contain, only they aren't a religous ceremony. They're a legal process. I think anyone that wants to join, gay or straight, man or woman should be allowed to go through with this process that legally makes these people the most immediate family, entitled to health insurance and all the mom-jazz I don't want to type out right now. Anyone who can find a church that is willing to marry them can get married after that, because it's no longer a legal process.

AegisEvo
However I don't want to see it get to the point where gay couples are suing churches because they won't marry them when it's the church's right to refuse.

That's just silly. If a gay couple does that I will personally laugh at them, and anyone that hasn't been castrated by the PC revolution will laugh too. We don't force the Catholic church to marry interfaith couples, because it's against their policy. We should take the same approach with gay marriage.

(OH, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I'M NOT A LE..... HOSHIT I -AM- A LESBIAN! AAHHHHGGNngnngnng.@KJklfjlkjflkdj gonk )  

walking spanish

walking spanish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:10 pm
videogamesupermaster

That's funny, because straight parents have gay kids all the time. O.o

And what exactly is this -problem-? Are we in the middle of a population deficit? Why the ******** didn't anyone tell me!?

Why do Americans have to breed anyway? If this beautiful, industrialised nation is having problems filling out its empty spaces and utilizing the some eighty to ninety percent of the world's resources we currently hold claim to then I'm sure a large chunk of the third world would be more than willing to come over and help us. Hell! Take down the texas border control and that solves our population problem right there!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:50 am
offbeat genius

AegisEvo
However I don't want to see it get to the point where gay couples are suing churches because they won't marry them when it's the church's right to refuse.

That's just silly. If a gay couple does that I will personally laugh at them, and anyone that hasn't been castrated by the PC revolution will laugh too. We don't force the Catholic church to marry interfaith couples, because it's against their policy. We should take the same approach with gay marriage.
Thats the way it used to be with doctors until medicare happend along and now hospitals have law suits upon law suits to deal with to the point where they can't treat patients becuase of the mounting law suits their professoinals have to be present at. We always say it won't ever happen and it will be silly if it did but it always will and always has.  

WaresTheBeef

SamTheBlob

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:38 am
thats right tear the little homophob apart  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash