View Results

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:57 am
Top ten videp game weapons according to Game Trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSdKF5Fd38

Discuss:
What do you think of their picks?
What are some of your favorite game weapons?
Do you think the video was geared towards first person shooters more than other game types?
What would you like to see in a weapon in your next gaming experiance?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:30 pm
They don't have the shotgun. I think that is one of the best weapons for up-close combat, since it usually has a one-hit kill up close. I also think the the chainsaw should've been higher on the list, it's a classic.  

gamer014

Altae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:33 pm
Gravity gun = pwnage.

I think we can all agree to that.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:42 pm
Altae
Gravity gun = pwnage.

I think we can all agree to that.

Don't forget about the upcoming Portal gun!

Spiral Knight

Original Regular

9,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:27 am
I do like the red turtle shell. Sometimes I wish I had one on the drive to work. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:13 am
pretty much any gun with bfg in its name is up on the list but the list looked good as far as i can see.  

SWAT0583

Altae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:40 am
Strideo
I do like the red turtle shell. Sometimes I wish I had one on the drive to work. xd

xp

I know that feeling.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:54 am
Altae
Strideo

xp

I know that feeling.

yeah but a simple rocket launcher would suffice  

SWAT0583

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:41 am
SWAT0583
Altae
Strideo

xp

I know that feeling.

Well yeah, if I wanted to use lethal force! xd The red turtle shell doesn't kill the other players it just seeks them out and makes them spin out and stop.

I notice the video makes no mention of any sniper rifles either. I know a lot of gamers who are always drooling over the sniper rifle in various first person shooter games.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:53 am
Strideo
SWAT0583
Altae
Strideo

xp

I know that feeling.

Well yeah, if I wanted to use lethal force! xd The red turtle shell doesn't kill the other players it just seeks them out and makes them spin out and stop.

I notice the video makes no mention of any sniper rifles either. I know a lot of gamers who are always drooling over the sniper rifle in various first person shooter games.

Too true. It's not fair when I'm a rifleman type of person and there is a firefight going on. Snipers just pick us off one by one.  

gamer014

Altae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:55 am
Eheheh, sniping is my FPS tactic of choice. I'm not that good at melee firefights, so I pick a few nice spots and play some hide-and-seek... ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:37 pm
What do you think of their picks?

They were okay. I'm not a big fan of the kamikazi type stuff, or first person shooting. I am a fan of Doom though, even though the only game I ever beat was the old virsion for PC

What are some of your favorite game weapons?

Since I am a Jak fan, my all time favorite will be the Super Nova. Sure, before you get the ammo cheet its a one shot wonder and you have to make it count, and once you do get the cheet the re-load time is a b****, but still, I like just about anything that obliterates all in your path.

Do you think the video was geared towards first person shooters more than other game types?

It was more than a little obvious.

What would you like to see in a weapon in your next gaming experiance?

I'm looking for some more sniper-type weaponry. I love being able to pick people off from afar. Not to mention, when the next Jak game comes out, I would love to see them get back to hand-to-hand combat. Sure, Jak can use a gun as a club, can we get someting like a blade or maybe even a REAL club out there?

Nafiea

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:32 pm
One of my favourite "weapons" was in River City Ransom where you would knock a guy down and then you could start swinging him overhead and beat his buddies with him.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:35 pm
Well heres my 10 ten weapons

Number 10 is Angel bow!

Number 9 is Sword of ageis!

Number 8 is the Demon pitchfork!

Number 7 is the ancient katanna!

Number 6 is Demon bow!

Number 5 is Buster blader!

Number 4 is the keyblade Oblivion!

Number 3 is Sepiroths sword!

Number 2 is the G blade!

And finaley....drum roll The keyblade ultimate weapon!

Thats a joke btw lol  

Demyx2k6

Sergeant Isa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:24 am
I have a few of my favorites... but the elaborate list will come tomorrow.. sweatdrop

Some favorite weapons:

X-buster: Various uses and enhancements.... charge up!

Sol Del Vice: Better then Gun Del Sol thanks to its ability to endow Djabgo with magic enhancements without relying on the gun too much.

Pipo Hammer: Low defense, but very useful in the whole game thanks to its high power and chain reaction.

Shotgun(UT 2004): Better then the standard shotgun thanks to its various functions and richochet.

~~~~~~~~~~
Variable weapon buster of demise...
-----------------------------  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out