Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Computers & Video Games
PSP or Nintendo DS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What system is better?
  PSP
  Nintendo DS
View Results

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:50 am
never used a PSP
But I think DS is better  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:54 am
Never used a PSP, but I have a DS. To make the best use of those handhelds, you'd really need their respective "sister" consoles; the PS3 and Wii. I have a DS, and will be getting a PS3, so you can tell I screwed up there, with something. XD

I'm thinking about getting a PSP, though; but only if the remakes of a certain few games come out on it. Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean being those listed.
>>
<<

Yeah.. I saw some VP stuff for the PS2, and damn, did it look like an awesome game. XD

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

x_iiSHO3H3AD_TANK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:57 pm
i like PSP. DS is kinda more kiddy  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:22 am
nintendo is known for their spectacular accesories in game consoles so i have to go with DS i mean psp is good but Ds is cheaper n has a better variety of games  

marth670

codles1829

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:49 am
nick baffa
i find the ds better because to me psp has no really great games ds has nintendogs star fox and sword of mana

only fadgets play nintendogs  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:09 pm
never played the PSP but i know from my job that they tend to break a heck of a lot more than the DS does so in this case I'll have to side with the DS...besides...the PSP is just a glorified video Ipod  

Semira Nox

gamingfreak10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:17 pm
i've seen the psp played, and i own the ds, and my friend owns both
the ds is better

i've also dropped the ds on cement a few times-it hasn't broken
that's gotta count for something  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:56 pm
I own a DS and have played around with a friend’s PSP. They are both good, although I think I'd have to side with the DS simply because there are not enough games on the PSP, at least over here, that I would be prepared to play.

For the DS I can enjoy the Phoenix Wright, Metroid, Advance Wars, Megaman and Pokémon. Whereas on the PSP the only games I'm interested in are Ace Combat and Disgaea, of which the latter is probably not going to be released over here anyway.

I think the thing is you can get most of the titles or something similar on a PS2 or other console of choice. The DS games are generally a little more unique to the system.  

Varian_Nearic

Metroid_Hybrid

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:57 am
I have a PSP, sure there isn't a lot of great games for it but it does have it's keepers.
I still screw around with the first game I bought with it: Valkyrie Profile (I want the PS2 sequel!) and Gradius Collection. But there has been some really good releases for lately that I would like to tackle ( sigh* crying if not for the want of time & money... cheese_whine )  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:33 pm
i like both
they are both really cool  

wiilittleman

A_Man_of_23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:37 pm
DS is way better i think way better control on what your doing, and better games i think.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:26 pm
the DS is better than the PSP
the DS is made for gaming purposes and the PSP is for many things
that is why DS is better  

Darkblaze_the_dragonlord

austin9993

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:51 pm
In the case of Graphics, PSP wins, hands-down.
The variety of family friendly games on the Nintendo DS console is the reason why it sells so good. Most parents think it's better than the sweet bloody-gory games Sony is capable of. Most DS owners are too young to have any say in which system they get.
I've had both, and I personally think the DS is better. The PSP is beautiful, I'll give them that. And the games are usually a whole lot better. But the DS just has more games, and playing the same FPS gets old quick.
Not that I recommend either for hard-core gamers. I personally think hand-held gaming systems are useless and a huge waste of money.
If you're a child and you just want to look cool, then go right ahead and get one. It's not my money.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:53 pm
I gotta go with the DS. While the PSP does have better graphics and does way more media wise...it doesn't have many good games. None of the GTA's are good, the only real decent RPG is FF and the Need for Speed are haggard. The only good games that it has is MGS razz O and God Of War (which isn't even out). Now the DS may not play movies and music but it has games like Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, FF, Pokemon (yes pokemon kicks a** XP). The PSP phone is only gonna make things worse...way to much for one haldheld system to handle  

Imiko Hikaru

serrifph21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:28 pm
the ds rocks  
Computers & Video Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items