Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
This has to stop. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Please read the article
  And take action, goddammit!
View Results

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:02 pm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8122-1145143_1,00.html

It's an article about the use of cage beds in mental institutions in southern European countries, but specifically in Czechslovakia. People with mild mental disorders from epilepsy and mild autism to schizophrenia are locked up in these cages for hours a day, for their whole lives. Once a fourteen year old was killed because a bar broke on his cage and hit him in the head. The leader of the facility said it was as "tragic accident", but they are not discontinuing the use of the beds--quite the contrary. The government is putting even more money into making more of these "prisons". They are rarely taken outside for fresh air and physcial contact is limited to bathing and a haircut. It has been proven by psychiatric research that putting any child into a cage will make him angry, depressed, and even more difficult to control.

These children and adults need therapy. I know that many more people than most would think have mental illnesses and if I lived in a country where these things took place many of my family and friends would be doomed to living in cages our whole lives. Please help me and everyone else take action here and spread the word!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:13 pm
That's horrible.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Veinnenst

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:27 pm
Mean thats just wrong
those people shouldnt do that to those poor patients thats just wrong thay should arrest them or something not support them  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:35 pm
Ugh, these people don't know how to handle such dire issues D:  

[Frito]

milkythecow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:38 pm
http://www.mdac.info/cagebeds/pictures.htm

don't forget the pictures!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:19 pm
That's so sad crying

BlueFairyAngel

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:20 pm
Milkythecow
http://www.mdac.info/cagebeds/pictures.htm

don't forget the pictures!

Thank you. I think that helps get my point across.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:38 pm
I think im going to be in one of those some day gonk  

Sarinu

Lily the Pink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:32 pm
Sarinu
I think im going to be in one of those some day gonk

You won't, Sari.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:16 am
Moving this to Extended Discussion; it seems like a morality issue to me.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

LordRyan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:16 pm
Why would you put someone in a cage? wouldnt a locked door be a little more practical  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:08 pm
thats horrible  

scheibs07

swtlildee1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:48 pm
oh my god...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:36 am
Omg! From a nurses point of view i am horrified that this is allowed to even go on, there is rules we as nurses have to follow, we put the patients feelings and comfort before our own because were the only people that can bring them some warmth and security but it seems like these nurses, just want the pay check without actually doing the work, sure you clean them and there area of domain but you also have to give them emotional and physical contact, a hug can work more than 1oo different drugs and has been proven, give the kids some damn toys it takes there mind off the pain and also gives them something to do and some mental stimulation which people of there condition actually need.... forcing a child into a cage where there scared from the lack of human contact isnt a wise thing to do the mental scars which can be left are something which can not be took back and does more damage than actually beating them...... mad

From the article you can see that he has deep psychological problem's because of the condition he is kept in, his friend is also in a cage so he is seeing first hand through anothers eyes. I cannot see why they dont place a toy of a stimulating toy inside the cage to give them something to do it can do more good than anything else.

In care homes we call them by there names, it is the decent thing to do but outside of work we call them X and Y for confidentiality means. The fact they cannot tell you his age is discusting and i would love to go and work there and show them just what they have there nursing certificate for...

mad  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

The Lone Nut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:16 pm
that's not right  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers