Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
who believes (doppleganger discussion) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you beileve
  yes
  no
  poll whore
View Results

Jebus87

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:07 pm
that somewhere there is someone who looks pretty much the same as them

i think i have just realised this  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:15 pm
User Imageme

User Image him  

Jebus87

Tortoise-Child

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:00 pm
With the amount of humans in this world there are probably MANY people that look similar to you. In my opinion you only look like that other guy because of your hair cause you both have long hair and small beards.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:34 pm
Yeah, it really is the long hair and bears.
Your faces aren't similar.

People tell me I look like someone they know all the time.
So there's my answer.
I'm 100% sure that there are people who look very similar to me.

malapropism life

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:39 pm
The doppleganger theory, which basically says everybody has a twin out there. I've seen it in effect. Once at a wrestling tournament we almost brought the wrong guy home with us. He looked just like one of our team members.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:32 pm
I have about two or three maximum running around.

They're all famous. @_@

C'est moi.

DOPPELGANGERS:

David Wenham.

David Duchovny.

Sam Waterston.  

bfdhshsgvjggh

RubberDuckie5792

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:08 am
i havent seen mine yet, but i have seen my best friends. i called her over and she was like, who r u? eek *twilight zone music plays  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:42 am
there are too people at least that not only look identical to me but have the same first name, luke. i know this because i have met them. its crap cos it makes me feel like something that fell off a production line.  

imbellis

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:52 pm
WEll, if you think about it, there's only SO MANY combinations of different features. Since there are more than 6 BILLION people on the planet, I'm sure that there are people who look similar. The lady at the Chinese restaurant thinks that my mom looks like her aunt. *double take* WHAT? my mom is 6'1" and blonde. Then the Chinese lady says, "Oh, I mean my uncle's wife, not brother's sister." LoL! But yeah, we all probably have a "face double" or two out there.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:12 pm
I'm pretty sure in this whole wide world that everyone has a doppleganger, of couse they never look exactly like us. Heck Cruising around Deviant Art I found mine in the stock photo section whee  

Jenbells

3,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

chessiejo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:53 am
i spose that could happen.

i saw five people in the New York City phone directory who had names just like mine, and that was creepy enough!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:21 pm
Having the same name is not the same as having a doppleganger. If you go by Google, I'm a PhD student at Stanford, a real estate professional in Singapore, or countless other random tidbits. Heck, the real me doesn't even pop up until the second page.

Assuming that they exist, what are some ideas you guys have on why they exist, and to what extent? I've been compared to a few people, and while I suppose we share similar facial features, not a single one looks identical to me.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

gwinivere

6,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:00 pm
I do believe this is possible, but I shall be back later to discuss.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:02 pm
Oddly enough, my double is one of the cousins I have yet to meet. My grandmother keeps say, "You look so much like her it's scary!" She's my age too. Maybe we were born twins and separated and now the families have joined? Who knows.  

NarutoGirl

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces