For US gamers only:

November 19th
$249.99
One Wiimote w/ nunchuck
plus Wii sports in the box!

Additional Wiimotes: $39.99
Additional nunckucku: $19.99
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:56 pm

I think Wii sports is a good game to come out with the Wii since it should do alot with their inventive controls. This should be a good console even though it'll probably come out with only a few games that I'll like. The games I think will be LOZ:TP, Super smash bros. brawl, FF:CC2 and maybe a few other non-made or annouced games.

gamer014

Pulga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Well from what I've watched, most of the games seem like GC games with motion sensors. Based on that, is it really necessary to pay $250? Also, Nintendo makes a profit on each system they sell. That's a very different approach then Sony made with the PS2, originally losing money at first.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:13 am

Um, not really. A lot of the games are entirely different... xd
$250 is well worth it, as it is A LOT cheaper than the other two 7th gen systems, and only a little less powerful.

Angelic Light Blue

Pulga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Angelic Light Blue
$250 is well worth it, as it is A LOT cheaper than the other two 7th gen systems, and only a little less powerful.

Unless Nintendo is hiding the true power of Wii, then it really is a gamecube on steriods with motion sensing, and that is really only worth $200. Besides Zelda and Mario Galaxy, the games don't seem like much.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:44 am

Great, now I just have to wait 63 more days. gonk

I'm glad they decided to bundle Wii Sports with it. It's a great idea to really introduce people to using the Wiimote.

Altae

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:18 pm

Pulga
Angelic Light Blue

Unless Nintendo is hiding the true power of Wii, then it really is a gamecube on steriods with motion sensing, and that is really only worth $200. Besides Zelda and Mario Galaxy, the games don't seem like much.

SO, askeptical rags on me for saying something about cocaine, then you mention steroids. And he doesn't whine.
He needs to see this section sometimes, it's a lot worse than me posting something about cocaine. (Fanboys are really freakin' annoying when they rag on the others. Plus, the rules thread says don't do that.)

Now then, more stuff on Wii that's different from Gamecube:
Crazy backwards compatibility with N64, Gamecube, SNES, NES, Genesis, and TurboGrafix-16.
The point-thing...
Smallness!

...Wait a minute. It can't be a 'Cube on steriods if it's SMALLER! xd

Anyway, what about about 6 years ago:
Gamecube is just a N64 on steriods with a disk drive.

And now we have Wii, which is much different than that, because of all the extras. blaugh
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:08 pm

i really really really want a WII, it looks way more original than the xbox360 or ps3. And i always go for originality

jefferus

Eurytus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:58 pm

The PS3 is an attempt at 1-UPing the Xbox360, or so it seems to me.

I think they don't see Nintendo as a threat.

It's funny, I think.

I want a Wii, but I was out of town the day they were taking pre-orders.

All gone in an hour.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:24 pm

I think the Wii is going to be pretty darn cool. I think it's great that nintendo is taking some initiative and doing something really different than Sony or Microsoft.

I have heard more people excited for the Wii than the PS3. Nintendo has been criticized for being too "kiddy" in previous years. But I wouldn't call it that, i'd call it "family friendly", which in America is something we need. Especially if we CAN get parents to join their kids in playing these games.

But from what i've seen, they've definately got a pretty well rounded line up for launch, with of course, more to come.

Anbaachan

ilovemormonpussy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:40 am

bumperz
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:45 am

woo, sunday im camping out infront of toys r us to get one!

shignami5

PAPER MARlO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:32 am

lol on ebay people are buying the PS3 for 3000 dollars.....the wii was being sold for like 1000 dollars
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:36 pm

Anbaachan
I think the Wii is going to be pretty darn cool. I think it's great that nintendo is taking some initiative and doing something really different than Sony or Microsoft.

I have heard more people excited for the Wii than the PS3. Nintendo has been criticized for being too "kiddy" in previous years. But I wouldn't call it that, i'd call it "family friendly", which in America is something we need. Especially if we CAN get parents to join their kids in playing these games.

But from what i've seen, they've definately got a pretty well rounded line up for launch, with of course, more to come.

I know what you mean about the family friendly thing. A lot of my friends whine about how nintendo's consoles are a "kiddy" consoles because their games don't ooze blood and gore. A game doesn't need blood and guts to be good. Also they've been complaining that the Wii is not being loyal to its fanbase by expanding it's market. It's not like nintendo is abandoning their fans; they're just getting more.

jubilantmisery

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces