Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
celestial buerocracy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:37 am
im sorry if i spell wrong
i beleive that instead of having a dictatorship type of higher being(s) that it works more like a buisness and each being has its own station to rule over
what are your opinions on this and please if you beilieve in one god dont say "thats stupid their is only one god and no other so dont say things like that"
this is the intelegent discussion thread after all  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:34 pm
interesting.
I'm writing something in that sort of...stuff but ...it's more... um, literal?
I have no idea how to put it  

mangahyperfox

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:03 pm
this isn't a discussion, you just stated an opinion and want feedback on it.

Here is the tagline of discussion:

Assuming that divinity exists, how do you think it is organized, if at all?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:34 am
If there is a divine, and it is organized somehow, I think that somewhere in the Bible it said something like all are equal in the eyes of god...or some such. So I would think that God is #1, and everyone else is #2.  

Anime Duncan

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:03 pm
Actually the chinese had a complex system of Ancestor worship and Polytheism, wherein it was all a giant Beureaucracy. There was one at the top, and then a level of subordinate deities, and then another and so on. An Interesting idea, but the thing to remember is that even they believed that there was one in charge of everything else.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:36 pm
i believe in one God and that we have a choice to follow him or not. i choose to follow him.  

angelafatinski

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:17 pm
That is not the point of this discussion. The topic of the EXISTENCE of a celestial being is further down in the subforum.

The question is, how is he organized? Is it simply an autocracy, where he makes every single decision and action possibly conceived? Or does he delegate tasks to different servants or lower-ranking officials or even people?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:04 pm
I believe in 1 Goddess and 1 God. In every different Culture there are different Gods and Goddesses, those are different aspects of the God and Goddess. Above the God and Goddess is the One, the central energy that is in everything. It is the base of all, whilst the God and Goddess are conscious beings.

EDIT:
I also believe that the Christian, Judaic, and Islamic relgion's God doesn't have a gender. They just call it a He because they started from Patriarical Societies and identified with it as a He.  

Evil Karma Angel

beaulolais

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:54 am
in C.S. Lewis' space trilogy, Out Of The Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength, he describes a celestial bureaucracy of different powers.

he is a Christian, and God and Jesus still show up (under other names), but there are other things like angels and they have different powers, personalities and assignments.

they are not truly supernatural, although we can't usually see them, but are creatures like ourselves who live in a different sort of existence so that they can't always relate directly to our world.

he calls them eldils.

there are also other humanoid races on other worlds he says.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:43 pm
My understanding of the God can be somewhat summarised by the following passage from a book I read:
The Wake
Reflected in [the angel's tear], they saw mercy, and miracles, and the knowledge that every thing that is, has a purpose, and that the purpose, somehow, included every one of them... On a deep and personal level."

Although there is a single Creator who forges the chain of command, the chain itself is free to take on whatever form it wishes. Each link in the chain has the capacity to associate or disassociate itself with any other link for any reason, forming the chain into patterns, trends, directions, and so forth at the sole discretion of the interactions of each link. The role of the Creator is not to direct the actions of the links, but to forge additional links.

God, as I understand Him, is possibility made manifest. The realm of infinity and of things that are not yet. There is potential in each life and each entity that we don't commonly recognise as being "alive" to discover and to achieve fulfilment. The actual discoveries and achievements involved are determined by the interplay of potentials.

The celestial bureaucracy, then, can be thought of as a double-rooted hierarchy in which the highest being exists simultaneously on the top and bottom. The highest being ensures that all potentials remain available for as long as conceivably possible until such a time that it must be eliminated to accommodate the realisation of a particular potential (to avoid paradox). Since the highest power is timeless, it is very good at doing so. The highest power also ensures that potentials with the potential to consume or otherwise put an end to all other potentials are excluded from the realm of possibility. Since the highest power is timeless, it's also good at doing that.

We exist at those points throughout the hierarchy where potentials conflict, unite, separate, or otherwise interact, either to open new potentials, to close existing potentials, or to serve as a new home for potentials that would otherwise have been forced to close.

In other words, the celestial bureaucracy is staffed by our thoughts, motivations, beliefs, dreams, fears, frustrations, and all that gives us a reason to be alive. The highest power provides our thought-entities with an office to work in.

Deciare

Euver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:16 pm
did you get the idea from beetlejuice?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:28 pm
Euver
did you get the idea from beetlejuice?

I don't believe so, but does some aspect of Beetlejuice coincide with my description of the celestial bureaucracy?  

Deciare

Zai Luxemaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Well, if there is a god she would be a woman. Men are simple creatures; it takes more than what they can imagine to create something so beautiful. Not to be sexist or anything, it's just a fact that men are more linear thinkers, while women are more abstract thinkers. Actually, maybe "god" is a man and a woman...you would need a man's insight to create the workings of the natural world (food chain, evolution, homeostasis, etc.) but without a woman's insight, everything would be plain fact and no fantasy.

...I don't even believe in a deity, why am I posting here? XD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:33 am
I think it's a bit counter-intuitive to compare any deity in any creation story to the psyche and shared attributes of any kind of human, but that's not the point.

Regardless of who the deity is, how do you think it is organized?  

Cornelius loh Quatious

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:57 am
(sorry if i miss-spell)it would be orginized like a office one would be the top dog and have many underlings, theese dietys are not immortal each has its own place and can be challanged
and i did get the idea from the chineese
also as for the idea that the christian god is male or female god is both yet neither the reason that god is called a he is that men used to be in power and women used to be basicly servents that is why god is called he or him or what ever, becuse if god is as all powerfull as you say he is then he would be both genders  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff